Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Somnium Nemoris.

Started by Anonymous, April 07, 2008, 11:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The day was young.

Remme felt drained, and rather weak, from his journey through the Necromantia Isles. The realm was moth eaten to the very core, as was evident by decomposition at every turn. The mage was tattered himself, and his disheveled appearance earned a few sympathetic glances from those around him. His boots were loud on the street and his footsteps heavy as he approached the entrance to Adela's Sanctuary. Remme's sanguine eyes, weary as they were, looked upon the beautiful entrance to an equally beautiful land. A place - no, a home - for those seeking solace, peace and somewhere where safety was guaranteed. Running gloved fingers through dirty silver hair, Remme stepped around huge broken pillars, and he leaned his back against one to catch his breath.

Necromantia drained my energy completely, the mage mused silently, pulling from a bag on his hip a small green orb. He hadn't wanted to use any healing magic, but his body begged to differ. "Esuna," he whispered, and the orb began to glow, emanating a soft aura of energy. In a matter of seconds, he'd regained most of his strength and his pulse was beating normally again. His clothing remained moth-eaten, but his hair and skin looked cleaner. Slipping the orb back into the bag, Remme lifted his eyes to scan the area. Lush shrubbery and radiant foliage filled every square meter of land, and various gazebos were scattered amongst the greenery. In the near distance, bones of a large creature stood up against the sky; Remme couldn't deduce what it was from this far away.

A few other humans - and non-human beings - strolled through the gardens, some with teachers and others simply walking alone. Remme stepped down onto the grass, gazing around at the sheer simplicity that this sanctuary projected. It was just.. calm. He felt no danger here - no need for weapons, no need to fight or defend. No need to hide. To his immediate left, under the shade of a canopy of jasmine, stood a small gazebo, able to seat, at most, six people. The mage maneuvered around various bushes and graced the stairs of the wooden structure, standing on  the deck and looking out over the sprawling beauty. He set down his bag and lifted the flap to rummage through it's contents; mostly healing magic, but also some defensive and dispelling magic, along with a scroll of information about Necromantia and meat from Serendipity that he'd bought on the way over. It was probably off now, but he didn't dare litter the environment here, and so left it be.

---------------------------------------------

word count. 432.
character. remme.
notes. minimum 400 word posts only, please. preferably a male character to reply, but open for anyone. romance is encouraged!

Anonymous

She felt down. Abnormally down. Even for surroundings like this. The sanctuary was doing every single - creature - good, except for her. Rafaella sighed and stroked Zorro's back. She watched him run away to play with some chestnuts, fallen on the ground. He tried very hard to get the prickly skin off, and let out a loud peep when one of the thorns got stuck in his little hand. Rafaella couldn't help but smile when he hopped to her with his hand outstretched. Carefully she pulled out the thorn, but before she could do anything else Zorro had freed himself from his grip and ran away. He was the same as she was. Don't come too close, or I'll run away.

Rafaella stood up and started walking around the gardens. It was too peaceful for her. Too... artificial. She loved it when nature brought her piece, just spontaneously, without certain rules or expectations. Then why was she here? Rafaella could not answer anything different at that but that she wanted quiet for a few moments. Life had been rough to her lately. She needed peace. Nothing to disturb her, not even nature stood in her way now she was here.

Rafaella walked up a wooden platform with quite a view, but stood still at the top of the stairs. There was already someone here. A man, with silvery hair. For a few moments, Rafaella felt very much like turning back. Her senses were strong and she felt that this man's aura filled quite some space, which left little room for hers. It made her feel somewhat dominated. No, she didn't want that. But the moment she wanted to turn back, he had already seen her. For a moment, she stared in his eyes. Then she averted her gaze and sat on the bench. She didn't speak, and was glad when Zorro joined her again, peeping ferociously for the blood that was now slowly dripping out of his paw. Rafaella smiled and shook her head. 'Chestnuts are bad,' she whispered in Zorro's ear when she pulled him close to her body.

For some moments, everything was quiet. There was just the sound of wind rushing through the leaves of the trees, an occasional bird singing in it's nest and somewhere further away, there was the buzzing of people talking to each other. The words, however, were inaudible. There was just a hum. Rafaella closed her eyes for an instant. The sun that cherished her face was warm and light. Golden rays. Arms of light. When she opened her eyes again, she had trouble adjusting a bit. The view had stayed the same. One thing had changed. The man had turned around.

---------------------

Words: 459
Sorry I'm not male (A)
[With your permission of course, Cyaeris! The man I meant is Remme... but I guess you'd figured that out xD]

Anonymous

Remme was intrigued by the girl and her pet - he had no idea what the little furry black-and-white creature was, but it seemed harmless and almost attached to its owner. The girl was attractive; long black hair, curled and luscious, and her eyes were dark and quite pensive - reluctant, perhaps? Remme carefully retrieved the meat from his bag, and realized that it wasn't spoiled after all. He thought of keeping it for later, but the little raccoon that was scurrying around gave him another idea. Turning on heel, Remme took a few short steps towards the girl, holding the bag of meat in his hands.

"Uh.. excuse me?" the Mage's voice was low, if a little tentative. "I was wondering... does your pet eat meat?"

Remme honestly had no idea what kind of animal the fuzzy thing was, but at least it was cute. Definitely worth giving his meat to.

"I, um.. I'm Remme."

He wouldn't have extended a hand even if he hadn't have had meat in them, but it wasn't because he was ill-mannered. The sun was beginning to warm the leaves above the gazebo, sending green-tinted light through the lattice on the roof onto the deck below. Remme still couldn't fathom the beauty of this place. This Sanctuary.

word count. 218.
character. remme.
notes. completed! i love raccoons, even though we don't have any in Australia. =X remme is very kind, but very odd. he's a white mage, but doesn't use his magic unless he really has to. i'm still developing his character, so.. expect him to change quite a bit over the next few posts ^^. [edit] goodness, this is terribly short. Sorry ><

Anonymous

Rafaella's eyes looked got an alarmed look when the man came near to her, asking her if Zorro would eat meat. Then he introduced himself, a little unsure. Rafaella could imagine. She still couldn't stop herself from being surprised everytime people just walked up to some stranger and told them their own name. Ridiculous.

She remained silent, but hunched her shoulders a little to answer his question about Zorro. Her small raccoon was currently looking curiously at the meat with his black button-eyes, and Rafaella supposed it wouldn't be bad if he ate it. Never averting her gaze from Remme, Rafaella set Zorro on the ground near her feet. With a little hesitation, he hopped towards Remme, sparing his left front paw as much as possible, and he sniffed the meat, touching it with his good paw.

Rafaella's body started to let go of some tension when she saw Zorro was not suspicious of him. Remme was an odd figure, but he was certainly not unpleasant to look at and he had not yet insulted her. Most people insulted Rafaella the moment they started talking to her, but she had to admit that was usually a consequence of her stealing their affects. Rafaella decided to see how it went. Perhaps this Remme was not like others. Perhaps he was okay.

------------------------------
Words 220 ^^ Sorry, mine is a bit short as well ...
Notes I'm glad you like raccoons, so do I xD I once decided that if I ever got to name a raccoon, I'd call it Zorro. Because the chance that I would do so in real life was/is very small, I made it an RP character! xD
And err, can you please explain to me what is a mage? I've read the bit about them in the introduction of Connlaoth, but I really can't make sense of it. I'd appreciate it if you'd explain (A) Would help me in this thread, too.
I don't mind short posts that much, btw. If you don't know more, don't try to make it longer 'cause that'll only reduce the quality and the... sense xD

Anonymous

Remme knelt at the same time the girl - doesn't she have a name? - put her little pet on the ground, and the cute creature hopped towards him with a slight limp and pawed the meat. Satisfied that the meat was OK to eat, judging from it's interest, the mage put it below him on the wooden deck and rose, stepping back to view his good deed for the day.

Slightly deterred by the lack of response on the girl's behalf, and her unwavering gaze, Remme diverted his own eyes to stare in the general direction of a blooming bush. Did he have elixir on him? Why was she staring? Maybe he smelt really bad from living in Necromantia for so long. But the Cure should've taken care of that.. he mused to himself, looking around the gazebo like a little child does when taken out for the first time.

"So, uh... what's your pet's name?"

Reeeeal smooth. Okay, so he wasn't the most gallant man in the world. But at least he was making an attempt.

word count. 178. quality over quantity? =X
character. remme.
notes. We don't even have squirrels Down Under ><. We just have rats and weird owls. Mages are just magic users - there are White mages, who utilize magic for the purpose of good, and Black mages who use magic for evil. Remme's a white mage. I don't know why they call them "Mages"... At first I didn't know what the hell it meant either ^^.

Anonymous

Rafaella couldn't avoid smiling slightly. This man was as uncertain as she was about interaction. Therefore, she decided to lift the silence from her part.

'Zorro,' she replied softly. 'His name is Zorro.' With big eyes she continued to look at Remme for another two moments, and then Rafaella turned her gaze to the same blooming bush as she had seen him looking at. She couldn't tell if he had watched it because he liked it or just because to have something to look at, but Rafaella decided it must have been the first. There were red flowers on them, a bit like roses but not quite the same. Rafaella picked one and smelled it. It was lovely, and she laid it next to her on the bench to put it in her hair later when there was a mirror she could use.

Then she looked again at Remme, who was now looking at her like she was some kind of alien. Rafaella would have agreed with him if she hadn't known she was born in a gypsy group, and if she hadn't been in some kind of dispute with her parents. Surely, aliens didn't have parents, let alone disputes with them.

Therefore, Rafaella couldn't stop herself to blush a little. Or at least, she felt the blood rise to her head. Her tanned skin didn't change color that rapidly. Why is he looking at me like that? She tried a smile and asked: 'What?'

---------------------------------------
Words 245 ^^ xD I have to admit that this was a very philosophical post xD Certainly the alien part. Sorry if this 'reduces the quality over the quantity' xD (A)
Notes Thanks for explaining about the Mage, it makes me feel a little less noobish to know I wasn't the only one without a clue what a Mage is... ^^
And don't worry, squirrels are only cute to look at, they are rather mean when you get too close or threaten them in their territory. My 'grandparents' live in Scotland with the sister of my dog (If you know what I mean xD) and she used to chase all the squirrels round... that was, until she got bitten by one xD

Anonymous

Cain was not happy. After all, that last mission was a strain, to say the least. Who the hell cares if their family tomb is infested with life sucking Vampires? And who in the realm of sweet sanity would want to drive them out? Apparently, some Noble... whats-his-name had, and was willing to pay well for it. It's a good thing I'm already dieing, or else they might have made me sick He thought wryly to himself. That brought to mind why he was here. He was, in fact, dieing: His body was slowly being ravaged by half a dozen deadly diseases, and he was never quite sure about the soundness of his mind. He need to get rid of most of these, and fast, before they completely totaled his system. Cain figured if he couldn't find one skilled healer here, then-well, for one he was really unlucky, but that was beside the point-he'd be dead. If he couldn't find at least one healer here, he didn't know where he would be able to find one. As he passed into the gardens, he noticed uneasily that if he stayed near the plants to long, they began to wither and lose color.Great. I'm a walking weedkiller. Thats -wonderful- Needless to say, he did not spend much time enjoying the scenery.  He quickly made his way through the area, searching for a mage that would suit his purposes, or at least appeared that he or she would.

After a time, he came across a man, clad in white, presumably a mage, leaning against a pillar. He was about to approach when the mage moved, going to a nearby platform. He was soon joined by a woman, who apparently owned a pet.Joy.hopefully I won't kill the thing before the mage can take some of these off. He stopped just short of barging in...because, after all, that -is- rather rude. Eavesdropping is much more polite. He grinned mischievously to himself. Since he had so much extra energy at the moment, why not have a little fun? He carefully manipulated the shadows formed by the tree, creating a shadow image close by to the gazebo. He listened to their "cute" little conversation go on for a time.Awww. How touchingly shy he is. Maybe I can help with that once I get to know him. He smirked at the thought. Ah well, enough time wasted. I need to get that curing soon... and these plants are starting to look a little grim He gazed at the foliage around him, the colors turning to brown and the leaves curling up. He rolled his eyes, and then transfered his real self into the shadow Image, appearing just outside the gazebo.

Before they could react, he put on his most insufferable grin, bowed with flourish, and proclaimed: "Greetings O bashful mage and  self conscious... whatever you are. Aside from being a woman, which is obvious. If I do say so myself. Heh. Oh, and to the possibly sentient beasty thing. Hey, if your not to busy white, I would appreciate some help, you see, I'm in a little predicament right now, and you didn't seem to busy with your flirting ." At this he winked knowingly. He folded his arms, smirking, throughly pleased with his performance. Cain decided he was happy after all...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Word Count: Only God knows.
Character: Cain
Notes: Hello ^_^ Hope you don't mind me dropping in ;p oh, and Lyra... surprise ! xD I'm betting you didn't expect this when you logged on >.> Hope it doesn't miff ya. Is this like in the past or something? Because your like... not in jail... at all =o Anyway, I hope the quality is ok, and sorry I didn't count the words... it's late here... any my eyes are already finicky

Anonymous

For a moment after the odd man appeared, Rafaella could only stare. Something had appeared in the corner of her eye and she'd turned her head immediately. But she was not used to this kind of introduction. Fury built in her body, as she listened to the man's commentary and hearing him insult both herself and Remme. Rafaella gave in to her impulse and stood up. Then she walked to the newly appeared, arrogant and overly-selfconcious man and slapped him right in the face, leaving a quickly reddening mark on his cheek.

'Now, try again and ask nicely,' she said with a fierce look in her eyes. Oh, that felt good. Stupid, arrogant little narcist. Hah. Thinking he could insult me unpunished. Not even when I'm dead and buried. After another hard stare, Rafaella turned her back on him and walked back to the bench, smiling a little embarrassed at Remme. Couldn't resist, she mouthed.

But this man had provided her some information about Remme. From the way he spoke to him and the words he used, she supposed he was a magic user, perhaps a mage. Interesting.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Notes ^^ I certainly hadn't, Vexing... xD ^^ but if it were up to me, of course you can join. And you can consider this in the past or in the future, doesn't matter to me. I just supposed you could use the same character in different threads, as long as they don't get problematic.
No matter 'bout the word count. Mine is somewhat short, though...
Btw, sorry Rafaella hit Cain xD Well, what can I say... Surprise! xD No, but she doesn't quite like him yet and is very unpredictable. Sorry if this puts you off, just say so and I'll change it.
Words 190. Sorry, Cyaeris! I was getting really frustrated by my computer. I was typing this post and it shut itself down three times, so here is the somewhat shorter version of my original post... which was like 300 words. So you can imagine me being annoyed. xD

Anonymous

(( OOc: I'm waiting till Cyaeris posts a response before I do more story, but I just wanted to say... slapping Cain.... that was.... hilarious. xD Please don't change it. It actually helped out my story ^_^ I'm gonna use it next time I post, so I kind want it there ;d He has a profile Also. *sigh* Just gotta wait for Remme to do something ^,...,^ ))

Tags: