Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

5 [thousand] years [too] early [{Open}]

Started by Anonymous, June 03, 2008, 06:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[center:m7tfoxi0]She fell. For about 2 seconds. Then her backside promptly crash-landed upon a mound known as an ant hill. Her hair was riddled with twigs, dirt and leaves. That and she had lost her wrench while flying through the branches of trees. Stumbling to her feet, the young woman reached out to lean against a tree, getting over the initial side effects of time travel. A cold sweat covered her body as it shook with weakness. Why on earth did it have to be like that?! Speaking of earth, how far back did they send her? The nano age? The modern age? Or perhaps the Victorian age? She lifted her head, glancing about. She didn't see lights or hear the humming of machines. Perhaps she was in an area where there was yet to be civilization.

Running a hand through her hair, the woman looked down at the limb's end, sneering in disgust. "How I hate nature" she muttered. She ran her hands rapidly through her hair, ridding it of most the twigs and leaves. When satisfied that it was clean enough for her liking, her face turned this way and that, searching for her wrench. Despite her desperation to find it, she could not see very well in the dark. Unholstering her steel shaping gun, or SSG for short, she flicked a small switch near the main solar pad, a light buzzed to life. Good, it hadn't been affected by the time traveling. She slowly scanned the area, looking for the lost object. Not on the ground. Looking higher, she saw a glint among the bushes.

Mentally mapping it out, she switched off the light, holstered her SSG and crept forward. Who knew who was out here? Pushing through the dreadful, natural bushes, she came upon a very odd looking camp. A small fire burned in the middle, a few bundled figures huddled near the source warmth, a few animals that looked very odd to her and her wrench, laying not 6 feet away from the beasts. She pushed her way through the hindering plants, her screwdriver, SSG and boots glinting in the light made by the dying coals. Skirting around the figures now identified as men, she inched her way closer to the beasts that looked oddly familiar. One of them, grey in color snorted, making her flinch. Breathe Komar. They're only animals, she thought to herself. Closer, closer she got until she was upon the prized possession. Crouching down to grab it, her fingers brushed dirt. Feeling around for it, she finally hit something solid, she picked it up, finding that it was indeed steel, but not her wrench. It was a sword. Reaching with the other hand, she picked up the wrench which had been under the dreadful weapon.

The voice of someone caused her to drop the weapon in fright, the sword clattering against it's shield companion. Too late for stealth now. Up upon her booted feet she was, sprinting through the bushes and low growing trees. If they had swords she must be in the.... Roman age? No... Saxon? No... Medieval! That was the one! But wait... that was 5 thousand years before her time. The sound of alarmed shouting echoed through the forest after her, chasing her like hounds. Spotting a rather large and old tree, she leapt behind it, pressing her back to the trunk and praying that she hadn't been seen.[/center:m7tfoxi0]

Anonymous

((Mind if I drop in? If not, let me know and I'll delete delete delete! Was bored and was browsing RPs! ^_^))

It had been an interesting few days for Jack. Interesting in that somehow he had managed to end up with a travelling troupe of revellers that had nothing better on their minds than to party, in the most medieval sense of the word...which meant wenching, and drinking, and dancing, and singing, and wenching, and eating, and eating and wenching at the same time...

And then they had been kicked out of town, and now they were lying listlessly around a campfire in the middle of nowhere, stinking of Zantaric's finest booze.

Jack was an easy going man of morals. Indulging in a bit of mindless fun every now and then didn't hurt. Winning the cards was his thing- nothing beat sitting around a table with a tankard in one hand and a pair of aces in the other, but a series of losses had convinced him to branch out a little. After all it had been a good fortnight now since he'd had any work.

All around him, the others – various merchants, a knight or two, a soldier, a bard – were nodding off drowsily, preparing the way for slumber. He shifted against the warm flank of his steed, causing the horse to whinny in disgruntlement.

"Pssh," he murmured, letting the plosive sound roll off his tongue lazily.

Where would they go next?

Jack mused over this sleepily, eyes drifting, following the grey trail of the smoke fire upwards, to the heavens where the stars twinkled and winked at him. He really needed to make something out of this life. That was a start.

Just then, there was a kafuffle a few metres away from him. Bolting upright, Jack made out a figure against the glow of the campfire. From the silhouetted proportions this was no doubt a woman, but they were nowhere near the town...and they hadn't taken on any women had they? Jack scratched his head, before giving up on that thought.

"Hey," he called, but she had dropped whatever she was holding and had bolted off like a colt.

Scrambling to his feet, for right now he was the most alert out of the troupe, he made chase, wanting to know what she was doing here. It was dark as he ran through the forest. Many a time he almost let the branches snag him, but as his eyes grew more accustomed to the gloom he was able to dodge more efficiently. In his right hand he clutched the flame sword courtesy of his grandfather- the weapon that often drew more attention to him than was worth.

"Stranger?"

He stopped when he realised that he could no longer see her. This was a sly one. He knew she was hiding somewhere. Behind him, he could hear two more of his companions, but they were slow and sluggish from being overtanked on drink.

"Tell you what, you come out of hiding after I call off the others OK?" He thought for a second on the logistics of this. "Throw a stone at me or something if you understand and say yes."

((Oh, the image of Jack is here: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b34/b ... kValle.jpg ...my character profile pages screwed up when they stopped accepting HTML and I haven't gotten round to changing it yet! >.<))

Anonymous

[You're more than welcome to drop in =D Really wanted to play with this char ever since I dreamt her up >>]
[center:35cl829b]She drew in a deep breath, hoping to steady her frantic heart. God, why did they send me back to this retched era?, she mentally questioned. At least they could have sent her to a time when they had electricity. But no... They had to send her back to when there were weapons like arrows, swords and lances. And those smelly beasts must have been horses. They looked awfully small compared to the horses she had seen in the Space Age.

The sound of someone following caused her to tense, her hand clutching harder around her wrench. God, what would they do if they caught her? Tie her up? Rape her? Kill her? She usually wasn't afraid, but she couldn't deal with swords. The was a difference between dealing with a man who had a plasma blaster and a man with a big, sharp sword. Her eyes whipped to her left, hearing a man's voice calling the word 'stranger'. She couldn't help but grin at that. She was a stranger, wasn't she?

Slowly easing her body to the left, she peeped around the corner. And there he stood. The man that sought to chase and catch her. She couldn't really see him all that well because of the shrouding darkness of night, but she could see enough to know he wasn't very far from her. She pulled herself back around the corner as he spoke again.

Giving a slight cough, she called "And how do I know that you won't set yourself upon me once I reveal myself?" She wasn't about to come out of hiding when she was clearly at the disadvantage. Then an idea struck her. Tilting her head back, she looked up at the branches in the tree. They seemed sturdy enough to hold her. Carefully sliding her wrench into a slot in her belt, Komar took hold of a low branch and pulled herself up into the tree. She climbed until she was a few feet above the ground, straddling the branch uncertainly. Hands gripped onto the rough bark, holding on for dear life.[/center:35cl829b]

Anonymous

"And how do I know that you won't set yourself upon me once I reveal myself?"

Jack spun around, focusing on where the sound of the voice had come from. This woman sure had a challenging tone to her voice. AND, she had assumed the worst of him. Ach, there were far too many cynical people in this world, he thought merrily.

He was about to reply with a witty comment that had taken three seconds to come up – nyeah, when there was a new sound, one of rustling. In the darkness, it appeared that the bushes and trees in one particular area were dancing, or shivering, or...well, they were moving anyhow.

Aha, bullseye, heh.

This woman clearly had no idea of what she was doing.

So. Not. Sly.

There was a smug grin plastered across Jack's face. Just then, the sound of laboured breathing and stumbling footsteps drew closer. Turning around, he made out the red intoxicated faces of a merchant and a soldier. They were both breathing very hard, and appeared to be in no fit state to be out here at night. In fact, the merchant was still clutching a doeskin of wine.

"S'up Jack?" the merchant slurred. "Wassall-the-fussabout?"

"Uh, nothing," Jack said, placing his hand behind his head and shrugging. "Aw shucks, you took the wine with you? The others are gonna riot."

"I could've sworn there was a woman here," the soldier muttered, shaking his head to and fro.

"That's wishful thinking, that is," Jack said soberly.

The merchant seemed to have noticed he was holding the wine for the first time, and jumped, as if startled. He sheepishly mumbled something before he and his comrade turned back.

"I'll catch up in a bit."

Once the others were out of earshot, Jack said a little too obviously, "Pssst, I think they're gone."

He went and stood right underneath the tree the woman was perched in. Damn, it was too dark to see if she was wearing a dress or not. He smirked anyway.

"So, mind telling me what you're doing out here in the middle of the night when the nearest town is two miles off?"

Anonymous

[center:wgbtc9uv]Komar flinched as another sound echoed through the trees, coming towards her. She clutched onto the branch, praying to the god she didn't believe in that nothing would happen to her. The smell of alcohol filled her nostrils, sending shivers up her spine. How long had it been since she had drank? A fair while, that's for sure.

She listened closely to the conversation, leaning so that her upper body was against the branch. So Jack was this man's name? That was really olde english. She kept as quiet as she possibly could, occationally pulling herself further along the branch to get a better... listening spot. Wishful thinking? Oh, so he wanted her all to himself, did he?

Before too long, the drunken merchant and soldier were gone. Komar sighed in relief. She didn't like drunks. They thought they knew everything. And they smelled bad. Her eyes rolled as Jack said the obvious. "Well no shit, birdbrain" she muttered.

She flinched again as she heard him right below her. She was glad that she was wearing her trusty, old cargo pants. Unclipping her SSG, she pointed it at him and flicked the light switch. A bright, white light shone down on him from where she sat high up in the tree.

A blond? Eww.. she thought. However, he was fairly good looking for a blond. He looked fairly well built and carried one of those wreched sword things. "I could ask the same thing, pretty boy." She shifted slightly, causing the branch to suddenly crack. Her eyes widened as it gave way beneath, causing her to fall. She wasn't sure if she dropped on Jack or just the soft dirt, but she was very uncomfortable right now. One leg was twisted over the branch as she was arched over something else. Perhaps another log? A groan of pain left her throat as she looked around for her SSG.  "Goddamnit" she muttered.[/center:wgbtc9uv]

Anonymous

((Ah, the sheer comedy of this situation!! XD))

"Eeeeyargh!" Jack flinched as everything suddenly became a burning white. Without a second thought his sword suddenly found weight in his grip, and he felt the reassuring heart begin to warm up. Oh this was a mighty trusty blade. In another minute or so, the core of fire magic would be raring to go and he would not only wield a weapon of metal, but also a weapon of fire.

Frozen in his half-hunched position, one eye cracked open, when no whistling blow came. Where was the enemy?

Hmm.

Instead of an attack, all that happened was that now the woodland was flooded with a pure white light. Jack's head tilted upwards. His eyes took in everything; the woman's apparel, the thing in her hand which was emitting the light, her hair, her face – different to the women he'd known, but not unpleasantly so- and then he locked eyes with her.

"I could ask the same thing, pretty boy."

She sounded like she had a will behind those words.

Jack let out a breath he'd been holding, sheathed his sword and almost burst out laughing. He would've done so too, had not the branch cracked. The next thing he knew, he was lying in a crumpled heap upon the ground, with woman on top of him. The dizziness came with the package.

"Glad I could break your fall," he murmured somewhat groggily. Rolling over, he shifted and extricated the rest of his body from the heap. Dusting himself, Jack stood up and scratched his head. She didn't seem to be very good at this whole survival thing. Climbing a tree in the middle of night was just asking for trouble.

Ah well.

Jack rubbed his hand on his shirt and then offered it to the woman, not really expecting her to take it.

Anonymous

[center:2as3v5w1][[xD Gee, I haven't had this much fun with one my charrs since one crossed dressed with her best friend and got kicked out of the mall by the security guards for dry humping.]]

Looking around, Komar looked for her SSG. The switch had been flicked the other way in the fall, making it almost impossible to find. "For the love of-" she muttered, sitting up to rub her head. This just wasn't her.. whatever you call a period of 5000 years or more. She felt something shift away from her. Jack, by her guess. Blinking owlishly, she tried to get her eyes to focus in the dark. Argh, if they had let her keep her vision inhancing glasses.

Her eyes finally landed on the figure of Jack, barely visible in the low light. She looked him up and down as he held his hand out to her. She weighed the pros and cons before she reached out and took his hand. At least he was gentleman enough to do that. Pulling herself to her feet, she dusted herself off, muttering a "Thanks." Her eyes scanned the dark ground. She felt naked without her SSG. And feeling naked in front of Jack was dangerous for her. She might pounce on him and do something she'd regret in the morning.

"Where are you, my baby?" she muttered, feeling around the heap of branches and leaves for her most prized possessions. Having to bend over sturdy, small branches and have the occational twig pulling at her clothing, she felt even more rowdy. Damn, you haven't known him an hour and you're getting hot for him. Have some self-respect, Woman!, she mentally cursed at herself. Just then, she saw it!

Reaching forward, she grabbed her SSG, hugging it. However, the branch her stomach was stretched across broke. She landed on the ground with an 'oomph'. How many times a day did she have to fall? "I hate Nature!" she exclaimed, attempting to roll over  so she could get out of the numerous branches. Sad enough for her, she was all tangled up. "Er, Jaaaack, a bit of help please?" she said, trying not to get poked in the ribs by a rather pointy stick.[/center:2as3v5w1]

Anonymous

((Bwahahahaha, yay for the insane character tortures and plottage!! Oh, this will be fun indeed...))

He couldn't see her very well, for the light creating thing she had been wielding earlier seemed to have stopped working. Still, Jack felt the clasp of a warm hand, and hauled her up.

"Expected ya to be much heavier," he joked, thinking back to the incident of the snapping branch. "Um...what are you doing?"

Jack shifted self-consciously, drumming his fingers against the hilt of his sword whilst the woman muttered to herself, ignoring him, and doing whatever it was she was doing. Stop thinking lecherous thoughts! She was obviously searching for something. And it was dark, so she couldn't see what she was searching for ergo the bending over and the angles and all that.

Turning his attention heaven bound, Jack kept his eyes fixed on what sky he could make out between the leaves and the branches. Slivers of stars twinkled mischievously, as if they knew what he was thinking. At least it wasn't a full moon, so there wouldn't...shouldn't be any werewolves about.

"I hate Nature!"

The thud and the curses brought him back to ground level. On seeing the woman, once again with her nose proverbially pressed into the dirt, Jack couldn't help but smirk.

"Gee, you're not very good at this whole thing are you?"

He was answered with something halfway between a wail and someone trying to hide their embarrassment.

"Er, Jaaaack, a bit of help please?"

Shaking his head in mock despair, Jack stepped forwards, expertly avoiding the gnarled roots. This time, instead of helping her outright, Jack crouched down in front of her, so that he was kind of looking down but closer to her level. There was a hint of a grin about his lips, as prodded her nose and then said, "Anyone would've thought you'd just been caught in a liquor cabinet."

Before she could respond, he locked hands with her and pulled her up again. Because his centre of gravity had been close to the ground, this time when he pulled her up he stood up too quickly, and therefore, to stop himself from falling backwards he accidentally used the woman's arm to steady himself. The result of this was that her face was brought very close to his, and he had a close up view of her sleek black hair and her green eyes.

"Definitely not from around here."

Anonymous

[center:1n9fwrll][[Lmao, if Komar were real, she'd kick my ass for doing this to her XD]]

Komar waited impatiently, starting to be annoyed with all the falling. It was almost as if some ungodly force was controlling her every movement and thought. But then, why would it make her think about it in the first place? She was just paranoid.

Thought pattern was broken by the figure of Jack crouching next to her coming into view. As he so graciously prodded her nose, she scrunched it, seeming almost to sneer. "That wou-" she said, her voice being cut off by Jack pulling her up.

She blinked, trying to comprehend just how she how come to be so close to him in such little time. Even though it was incredibley dark, she could make out the features of his face up close and personal now. Now, either his eyes were brown or her vision was amazingly screwed. "I... er" she said, trying to think of what to say. Coughing, she announced "Actually, I am from around here. I just happen to be from the future. Oh... say... 5 thousand years from now, give or take a few."

"Now" she said, pecking him on the cheek. "I thank you for helping me, but I would like to be released from your grip right about now." His hands were not unpleasent, but she was eager to pick up her 'baby' and relatch it to her belt before something decided to break it. Speaking of break, she wondered just how much damage it had taken.[/center:1n9fwrll]

Anonymous

((Ah, Jack can be a bit dense sometimes. Forgive him! XD))

"Actually, I am from around here. I just happen to be from the future. Oh... say... 5 thousand years from now, give or take a few."

The hell. Jack blinked once, and then again. Cocking his head to the side, he replayed that last bit of the dialogue; the bit where she said she'd come from five thousand freaking years in the future?!!? Still in shock, he could only watch as she pecked him on the cheek.

Well, that would be his excuse for not responding. And now everything had gone by too fast for him to ask whether or not she had been proverbially pulling his leg. He'd sensed she was foreign, but it had been a place kind of foreign, not a time kind of foreign. And could you even do that? He hadn't heard of any time travelling stories before.

Blinking slowly, as if to clear these thoughts up, he said offhandedly, "Guess that explains absolutely nothing then."

How could someone be from around here and...not? The concept of time travel hadn't actually been explored during Jack's life. It hadn't been something that had particularly bothered him.

"Oh right." He realised he was still holding onto the woman and let her go. Jack watched her, unsure of what she would do next. He spotted the light device lying in a ditch two metres away, and wondered how to break it to her that she would have to get herself filthy if she wanted to retrieve it.

Anonymous

[center:2h06zxxj][[Sorry it's a bit short, but I gotta catch the bus to school >8[ ]]

Komar was quick to move around Jack and stride towards her SSG. There was no way on the earth that she was loosing it. Hell, it had taken her the better half of a year to make it from scrap metal and the occational panel or wiring she had to steal. Glancing back at Jack as she came to the ditch, she stumbled as the ground suddening became soft under her feet. Fortunately, she was  quick enough to put herself away from it as she fell, landing on her back just outside it's reach.

"Oh, hell no" she muttered. That was it. She unlatched her boots, pulling off the large things to place next to herself. Next were hear socks, cargo pants, vest and long sleeved shirt. Underneath these items, she had black short-shorts and a black tank top that reached just below her bust. "Right, if nature wants me to go in mud, then in mud I will go!" she announced, standing and beginning to wade out into the ditch.

It was icky, slimy and smelled horribley of things she didn't wish to think about. Turning back to Jack, she glared and said, "You better not be laughing at me, because there is no way I'm leaving it behind." Turning back, she waded a little further out, leaning forward to reach for the tool with a long, slim arm.[/center:2h06zxxj]

Anonymous

Jack stopped chuckling in mirth at the woman as she turned around and said, "You better not be laughing at me."

"Wouldn't dream of it, darling," he said with a twinkle in his eye, and a smile twitching at the ends of his mouth. The stripping was unnecessary, it really was. "Come on, it isn't that deep."

As if to show her, he strode around to the other side of the ditch, and gingerly peered in. It was hard to gauge depth in this level of light – or lack of, for that matter – but he was sure that the woman was totally over-exaggerating here.

Where was the thing she was looking for anyway? He was squinting, and still he couldn't see where it was. Maybe it was further in. Jack leaned in a bit more, and his eyes locked on a silver object not too far away from where the woman was. Oh! The sudden realisation caused him to lose his balance, and to tumble into the ditch.

"Argh!" He cried, trying to grab onto anything to stop him from falling. His arm swung out, and latched onto the woman's arm, dragging her down with him. A few seconds later, Jack was rubbing his head, moaning groggily, and half covered in mud. Beside him was the woman.

How was he going to explain this to the others back at camp?!?

Anonymous

[center:2w6jd7fp]"I don't care if it's deep or not, I'm not getting my shirt, vest, pants and boots all muddy. Besides" she said with a smirk. "I swim in less than this." She almost had it in her clutches, just a few more inches...

However she was pulled down by the weight of Jack, landing face first into the mud. "Grah!" she exclaimed, pulling her face out of the muck. "Jack! What the hell was that for?!" she questioned, scraping mud out of her eyes with her fingers. She didn't exactly have much weight behind her and being pull down like that was just not right. And worse yet, her hair was now thoroughly plastered to her face.

"I tell you, Boyo, you'd better have camped near a stream or something because mud wrestling aint something that Komar Dunkle does without a bath!" she announced, still trying to get mud off of her. Not to mention the fact that she was only 5'4" tall and built like a boy's little finger. Snatching up her SSG, she turned around and began wading back the other way.

The mud was like really thick water, hugging her legs and hips in an attempt to stop her from leaving the ditch. But she was in a fighting mood and pushed on, out of the mud. This was all Jack's fault. If he hadn't have come after her, she wouldn't have climbed the tree, the branch wouldn't have broken, her SSG wouldn't be in the ditch and then they wouldn't be covered in mud that smelled like pig slops. He better be good in b- WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING?!?!, she mentally screamed. "Gosh" she muttered, climbing out of the mud.[/center:2w6jd7fp]

Anonymous

"Sorry!" He chortled with an apologetic laugh. The whole leaning across the ditch thing really hadn't been one of Jack's brightest ideas. Well, at least the mud wasn't that deep. At least his head and shoulders were still mud free. Still looking on the bright side, as he always did, worse things could've happened.

"Nope. No stream," he chirped. There were probably a gazillion streams in this here forest, and where had they decided to camp? Nowhere near running water. Speaking of running water, he sure hoped that there were no zombies or evil things wandering around.

"So."

He glanced at the woman, slightly self-conscious. And then at himself. Both of them appeared filthy. He anticipated many raised eyebrows and chuckles, and subtle elbows in the morn, along with many comments along the lines of 'didn't know you were into that'. Jack prised himself out of the ditch, feeling his muscles creak with weariness. It was pretty late, but at least it had been established that this woman didn't seem to be out to rob or kill any of them. She didn't look the type.

Back onto safe land, Jack attempted to wipe the mud off of him, but that just made it worse. He ended up with a thick layer of evil smelling mud that covered even more of his body than there had been to start off with, if that was possible.

"At...at least your other clothes aren't dirty, Komar." He assumed that was her name from what she'd just said.

And at least she hadn't tried to hit him yet for what had essentially been his fault! He could warm to this woman.

"So...does the whole dropping back in time thing come with a bed and a bath for the night or are you kinda stuck out here with us lot then?"

Anonymous

[center:1ock2ckz]She shot a glare back at him as he used her name. And to think that she had thought him attractive! Not that he wasn- Enough of that! "Indeed" she said lowly, still not impressed. She made a 'U' shape with both her thumbs, running it down her legs to scoop off the devilish mud.  If she had to sleep with it, she wanted as little as possible.

"Ha! I was lucky to arrive with what I have, yet alone a bed and bath!" she exclaimed. Though, it would have been nice. "Urgh, I need a good, hot soak" she muttered, pressing her thumbs into her thighs as they scooped the mud from her skin. "So, Jack. How many people are with you exactly and how many heads do I have to dent to make my policy of 'no molstering during the night' understood?" she asked, fully prepared to hurt someone if need be.

Looking back up at him with an almost dark look, she said "Besides, It's not like I have anywhere else to go and it is your fault that I got muddy." She sat, letting the mud dry off before she even attempted to touch her things. Dry mud was easier to get off of objects than wet mud in this case.

She leaned back on her elbows, tilting her head back to allow the mud on her neck to dry. It was beginning to itch, but she restrained herself, not wanting mud under her nails too. Peeking open an eye, she said "Better not be perving on me, Jack." A slight smirk ran over her face as she allowed her head to fall back again. "Not unless you want me to perv on you too" she whispered, snikering to herself.[/center:1ock2ckz]

Anonymous

"So, Jack. How many people are with you exactly and how many heads do I have to dent to make my policy of 'no molstering during the night' understood?"

On hearing that, Jack thought back over the countless nights of merrymaking and snickered to himself. Oh dear, this could be quite a scene. He himself was slightly guilty of so called merrymaking too, but she didn't have to know that. For all she knew, he was simply a knight saving a...woman (she was too clumsy to be a damsel) in distress.

"Better not tell them you're a woman then," he said, still imagining the scene where the campfire would be transformed into a boxing ring.

"Better not be perving on me, Jack."

"Wouldn't dream of it," he replied loftily and whipped around jut as she opened her eye. Good thing it was dark too, or she would've seen the blush spread across his cheeks. On the bad side, visibility was poor.

But, it did leave a lot to the imagination.

And what an imagination Jack Valle had.

"You done yet?" He asked in a loud gruff voice. Still with his back turned, he continued, "Is it safe for me to be all respectable y'know so we can get back to camp?"

The mud was drying pretty fast, and came off in flakes. That didn't stop it from being itchy though. Hopefully, he would wake up at dawn and sneak off to go river hunting. There he would bathe and wash his clothing and be back before the hangover hit.

((Sorry it's taken so long to reply, but exams are now over for me so whoop!! Bring on Komar, baby! ;) ...heh. ))

Anonymous

[center:3t7bp6i1][[Oh, I'll bring her alright ;] lol]]

"But I am a woman" she muttered. Oh well. She had fairly small breasts that wouldn't be too hard to hide. Baggy clothes helped with hiding her figure too. Making her voice a little deeper and saying she's around 15 or 16 and hey presto! She's male.

Standing up, she smirked. "Yes, Jack, I'm off the ground now." She deliberately didn't bend her knees when picking up her clothes just to be typical Komar. Picking them up, she pulled on her long sleeved shirt, followed by her vest then her pants. She then walked over to Jack, boots and socks in one hand. When she came to stand next to him, she used one hand as she pulled her shoes and socks on. "Hold still a minute" she said, pulling on a heavy boot.

Satisfied that they'd stay there, she stood up straight again. "Righto then, are you gonna piggy-back me, or do I have to walk?" she asked with a serious expression. Well, there was no harm in asking, now was there?[/center:3t7bp6i1]

Anonymous

"But I am a woman."

Jack rolled his eyes in mock exasperation, and placed his hands upon his hips.

"That's the point, honey. You're a woman. You'll be the –only- woman at camp. We don't need no genius to work out the result of this equation!"

Her lack of response Jack took to mean that she had conceived his point. A short while later, her voice piped up in response to his question.

"Yes, Jack, I'm off the ground now."

"...good." His voice was cautious. Jack spun around slowly on his heel, just in case Komar was lying. Heh, why would she do that? Well...he could hope.

"Righto then, are you gonna piggy-back me, or do I have to walk?"

"You don't look like your legs have stopped working, so I guess it's walk."

Jack shrugged apologetically and set off with a grin plastered across his face, back in the direction he had come from. Well, where he hoped he had come from. Passing the bottles and the slumped figures of the two guys who had followed him reassured Jack that they were indeed going the right way.

He reckoned it was about three in the morning, so there were still a good few hours before dawn. The extra hangover hours he could use for finding a stream to wash off the freaking mud. They rounded a corner, and lo and behold!

"Well, here we are then."

Jack wasn't surprised to see that the two on watch were gently dozing. Everything else seemed in place. His horse was right where he had left her, and so were the rest of his things.

"Have any preference where you want to sleep?"

((Sorry for the late reply – had a really busy weekend!))

Anonymous

[center:3c1b1uoz]"Fine then... I'll just become male" she said, deepening her voice. She slumped a little from her usual posture. Now she just looked like an outlandish 14 year old boy. Following after Jack, she tripped a few times, but otherwise remained quiet. As they came upon the two drunken men that had followed Jack, she tsked and shook her head.

"See, this is a classic example of why I like women as well. Men are just stupid sometimes" she murmured, side glancing at Jack. OK, so maybe she didn't think the blonde was stupid, despite the stereotype of them. Hell, he was pretty darn good looking too. But she wasn't about to outright admit it to him. Oh no. Komar Dunkle was harder than that.

As they came upon the camp, she looked around with a raised eyebrow. "The guards are doing such a great job" she said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. Oh how easy it would to infiltrate this camp. Not that she knew anyone who wanted to.

"As long as I don't find myself tied naked to a tree with men drooling at me, I'll be fine anywhere near you" she said, sticking her hands into her pockets. "By the way... I didn't know horses stank that much" she commented, waving a hand in front of her face.[/center:3c1b1uoz]

Anonymous

"You really do come from a different world," Jack said in disbelief.

Frankly he was so used to the countryside and the smells that came with the package that he didn't even seem to notice anymore. Anyway, his horse definitely wasn't smelling her worst...no way...by far.

Jack rummaged around the surrounding area until he found a sack, which he tossed to Komar.

"That's got my clothes in it, so it's soft. Use that to sleep on."

He couldn't find any covers, so he simply crept up to another man who had his eyes closed. Jack daintily swiped the blanket from the rising and falling chest. All of the other men were sleeping in the open, or had their blankets wrapped so tightly around themselves that there was no way Jack would be able to extricate them without waking up the men.

This posed a slight dilemma for his moral integrity. Give the blanket to Komar, or share it, or keep it for himself? Well, the early morning chills were beginning to creep up, so he figured the best option would be share it, and hope to hell that he would fall asleep quickly before his mind became too active.

"Right, the plan," he articulated, and gestured his plan to Komar in a series of arm movements. She didn't seem to understand, so he dropped to the ground and spread the blanket over himself. In a gruff voice, he said, "You can share if you want."