Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

entering into a new home.

Started by Anonymous, February 20, 2009, 02:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Nixie walked towards a new village that she had heard of not far form where she once called home amonst the wolves. she let out a heavy sigh as she heard people all around her, some were not human, but some were. looking around with her emerald green eyes she maped out the surrounding areas around her. she shut her eyes trying to decide what to do, to stay or leave and find another place to live. thinking back to her parents and how they had always told her to try everything that she could she smiled softly and decided to stay. now the question was, where to live and what to do for a job. she placed her black velvet, floor length, cloak's hood over her head just above her eyes. her floor length purple velvet dress was lifted up slightly, to prevent it from dragging on the ground compleatly, as she walked towards a tavern to see what there was to do for jobs in the city and places available to live. when she was in the tavern she found a place towards the back and sat down, keeping her hood up.

Goldie

Hungry....

It had been ages since he had last fed and he wasn't sure how much longer his hunger could hold.

He didn't need to be sustained by normal food, not like those puny humans who constantly stuffed their faces.  No, he needed the fear that exuded from his prey. The fear of the chase, the capture, and the death.  The beauty of the fear made life worth living, tasted better than the sweetest desserts imaginable.  The moment of his birth was filled with fear, and the poor woman who tried to run from her fate fed his strength and hunger until he was able to burst forth through the thin membrane of her flesh and become whole again.

How many years had it been?

Ahh...far too long.  Now at last he could sate his hunger and thrive off of the beautiful destruction that lay before his very feet.  The feel of blood on his skin was intoxicating, like the most potent drug that left him gasping for more.  He just needed to pin point his next victim.  To make them run in fear of him...to feed off of that gloriousness....

He had learned to control himself the longer he was out.  At first he was just a raging animal, but now he could prolong their torment-and thus his feeding-before ending the misery.  He had been able to adapt to this new environment and began to blend in.  His long white hair was still stark against his deeply tanned skin, and his deep violet eyes would never lose their unsettling quality, but now he could smile in such a way that the sharp points of his teeth were hidden, and the warmth in his features would pull them in.  Oh the gloriousness of this new world....

With a silent chuckle, Jocan followed his next victim into the tavern, watching her closely as she walked in and took her seat in the back of the crowded place.  A new girl...new people were also more afraid than the veterans, especially in a place like Zantaric.  Soon enough, people here became immune to most mundane fears.  This fresh girl would do nicely.

The breeches he had taken from a now dead man clung to him uncomfortably but it seemed that humans tended to shy away from him when he had walked around without them.  Thankfully, he was able to do without a shirt and let his rippling muscles feel the warm southern breeze.

"You are new here." he murmured softly, taking the seat opposite of this girl, "This is not a friendly place for new-comers.  Perhaps I can assist you."

Anonymous

She quickly looked up to see the man that had sat down across from her. his hair was white and his eyes a beautiful purple. she could feel herself blush slightly when sh had noticed that he was shirtless and could see his rippling muscles. she shut her eyes gently and took a deep breath. sitting up she replied to the man, "Yes I am new here. Why is this not a good place for new-comers? Is it the town or this tavern?"

Looking around she tried to distract herself form him and waited for his reply, hoping he would answer her. She pulled the hood from her head to reviel her black, straight hair.
she looked back at him and spoke softly, "How would you be able to assist me?"

she thought about eating then rethought against it, saying that she wasn't hungry and she had eated earlier that day, upon a deer that she had killed. she looked back at the man and waited for his answer or reply.

Goldie

He smiled, trying very hard to keep his composure from being anything but leisurely.  After all, the feeding was that much better when they felt betrayed by someone they believed they could trust.  Humans had not so much changed over the years as he had expected.  They were still sniveling creatures who depended far too much on others for kindness and friendship.

Actually, they were not that different from himself.  He leeched off of their fear--a tiny part of their not-so-complex being--while humans themselves leeched off of the kindness of others.  Friendship, connections, love, it was all a way to hide the fact that every human was a parasite and used each other to get what they wanted.  If they wanted to feel included, they would even alter themselves to fit into that certain crowd.  If they needed love, they'd use another until their quota of love was filled.

Humans always took.

That much he could count on.

And this poor dear was no different.  Already she was leaning in, her hood down to reveal her head of black hair.  She was feeling comfortable with him, a stranger, already simply because she had been looking for kindness and found that she could feed off of him.

Well, an emotion for an emotion.  It was only a fair trade.  He would show her kindness, but then she would give him her fear.  Oh yes....he would feed off of it until his eyes returned to their brilliant, glowing violet, rather than their dull mulberry hue they held when he had abstained for some time.  Not that they were in anyway unattractive when they were dull, in fact they were more inviting to his prey.  Most people found eyes that were like beacons in the night unsettling.

"This whole place, the tavern included." he replied, leaning his elbows upon the table and resting his chin delicately in his palm.  He had seen many humans do this, and it seemed to make their companions more at ease.  He had mastered the use of his body centuries ago, and had easily fallen back into habits he had picked up from his previous life.  "I can help you avoid....how should I put it....unpleasant folk."  He drew his mouth into a pleasant grin and stared deep into this human's eyes.  "I am Jocan."

Anonymous

she felt calm around this male, for some reason she felt as if she could trust him. But then again she was raised by wolves, which are supposed to be ruthless killers. she smiled softly as she watched the male's movements. she watched him as he placed his elbows onto the table and rest his chin on his palm.

After hearing him speek with a reply and then his name she responded, "Oh. Really? What is so bad about this town?" she took a moment to look around. she watched many males drinking and laughing about something or another. her pointed ears listened to the sounds around her.

Soon she pointed her attention back to the male. he had given her a name, Jocan. a strange name at that. she wondered what it could mean. Sitting back in the chair she spoke softly, "My name is Nixie." he watched him for a responce but added, "what does your name mean? I mean, if you know what it does mean. Do you know where the name came from?" she felt out of place asking him about his name, but then she thought about her name.

She didn't even remember her real name, and was given the name Nixie, meaning water spirit, by the wolves that took care of her.

Goldie

He raised his eyebrows as she continued to talk.  It was intriguing that she would be so focused on the meaning of names.  Names did not determine the person, in fact they were merely markers so humans would be able to identify the people they used.  Names were meaningless and meant only what humans decided they were suppose to mean.  Parents of these creatures, always moving closer to death, picked names that they hoped would reflect the person they'd become.

Stupid humans.  Always looking towards the future.  They were silly, being afraid of death but always looking close towards it.

Thankfully, this girl's time was almost up.  The moment she entered this village and walked passed him, her death warrant was signed.  Once Jocan found his prey, he continued to chase it.  The longer the chase, the greater the fear, and the greater his strength.

Perhaps he would start small....get her to trust him and then brutally destroy her hand....it wouldn't kill her, no, but the pain would be nearly unbearable and the fear...oh the fear would hit him like the most exquisite gourmet meal.  His abilities would grow, his eyes would glow brightly and she would realize just how terrible her mistake had been.

It would be glorious.

"Oh, this place is full of thieves, murderers, and men who would jump on the fact that a beautiful woman just walked into a tavern alone.  Predators that certainly would find a new face easy prey."  He smiled again, never moving from his position leaning against the table.  His deep violet eyes stared deeply into hers.  "As for my name, I don't know much about it.  I do know that it is very very old."  Older than she could possibly imagine.

He shifted, realizing that humans became uncomfortable if they realized someone was being completely and utterly still.  Jocan, being anything but human, had to remind himself to fidget instead of remaining still like his predator instincts instructed.  Best to keep her trust.

"What is it that you're looking for in this town?" he asked with a warm smile.

Anonymous

"when i first came here i was looking for a new start at life. a new begining. but now that you are warning me about this town, i might have to leave and find a new town." she said softly and looked around the tavern. her green eyes widened as she saw a multitude of men that could kill her and sighed softly.

mabey she should just go back to the woods. the pack of wolves would welcome her and throw their necks to her and call her master. but did she really want to? no she didn't. she looked around again her eyes narrowing slightly she could take out anyone of these humans if she wanted to. she was an elf, but not just any elf she was an elf that was raised by wolves, killing anything that she wished.

she sighed softly and rested her elbows onto the table and rested her chin upon the palms so she was leaning over and anyone who would have wanted to could stair straight at her cleveage.

she remembered running with the pack threw the snow after a deer. it was her first kill in the pack and she jumped on it. using her teeth she ripped the things neck open and fell to the ground with it laughing. she had been covered in blood and laughing. 'Ah, those were the days.' she thought softly.