Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A nice respite. (tag Vega)

Started by Anonymous, March 05, 2009, 06:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ghost had been traveling for a few days now. She was heading towards the capitol of Serendipity and was having to pass through the Terrin Mountains to get there. Honestly she was a bit nervous about going to the big city. Lately it seemed like every where she went she got into some sort of trouble, so the idea of being in a huge place with a lot of people kind of freaked her out. She still wasn't sure if she was actually going to do any speaking there or just get the supplies she needed or not. The last couple of times she tried to spread the word about her god she had gotten into a lot of trouble.

For such a meek and quiet girl she sure was in the wrong profession. Almost every day it seemed she was having to speak to a large group of people, usually a large hostile group of people. Occasionally she would win a few over, but more often than not she got rotted food thrown at her. So these last few days in the mountains, not having to deal with people, just having to survive was a nice respite. Every morning as the sun rose she said her daily prayer to Anaisyn, asking for his power and the ability to carry out his wishes.

Today she had woken up to a clear beautiful day. It was a bit warm, but she didn't mind. The warmer the better for her. She was traveling by the river which shone like diamonds themselves. It looks so refreshing and inviting, so she decided she should take the advantage and take a swim. Ghost wasn't exactly a modest person, but she was very innocent. Still it didn't stop her from wearing a slightly revealing toga. She stood on the bank and quickly slipped out of her outfit. Then she stepped into the cool water.

At first she thought it was going to be too cold for her, but then her feet adjusted quickly and she decided it was fine. Ghost slipped in all the way and shivered for a moment, but soon enough her whole body adjusted and she felt fine. She decided she would be more suited in her alternate form and so switched. A pale light grew around her legs until they melded together and white with purple scale covered them. Then her feet changed into a pair of long fins. She decided just to float on the top of the water and enjoy the sun on her face. She would never think that anybody would be near by.

Anonymous

Warm sun, lovely scenery...it was such a perfect opportunity. Now this particular creature didn't consider himself lazy or anything though he quite obviously was, but rather he simply wanted to enjoy the beauty of this day for all it was worth since there was no real information to gather out here anyway and he'd never make it all the way to Arca by nightfall. Yes...that logic worked for him just fine. Now he just had to find a proper spot.

The river, clear and shimmering. The sound of the water flowing over the rocks was indeed pleasant and it added to the scenery wondrously so he decided a spot by the river would do just fine. He was proceeding down the river casually, keeping his eye out for a rock or the like he could indulge himself in when he suddenly stopped, raising his nose to the sky and inhaling a deep whiff of the air. Someone was up ahead, and from the smell of it they seemed to be near the large flat rock he just spotted, most likely getting a drink from the river or some such.

Nonchalantly strolling up he swiftly jumped onto the rock, promptly falling back and crossing his legs, catching his head in his hands as he closed his eyes and breathed deeply in relaxation. He hadn't noticed the person in the river yet, but when he remembered he took another sniff and determined it was female. "A beautiful day isn't it miss?" The strange little rabbit creature asked her as if they were old friends, smiling to himself as one of his large ears twitched slightly.

He was dressed fancily enough to be in the mountains, but that was just how he went about his business. He also didn't notice the nudity of the girl as he never bothered to take a look at her. "I do hope you don't mind some company. I haven't had such pleasant company in years. Of course I'm only basing your pleasantness off of your scent for now, but you have to give people the benefit of the doubt in making friends I suppose. Not that I have much experience in that field either mind you."

He did love to talk, it was one of his favorite things to do in fact, especially if he had someone to listen to him. "Ah but here I am rambling on and on and I haven't even been polite enough to offer my name. I'm Vega madame. Vega Obscura. Just a wanderer really, headed off to Arca to see if I can't find something interesting. And to whom do I have this absolute pleasure of speaking to today?" His direct method of speaking was peculiar indeed, but it got straight to the point. He just lay back and relaxed, soaking in the day as he awaited the girl's answer, still oblivious as to what she even looked like.

Anonymous

Ghost was lost in thought as she floated on the top of the water. She lightly swayed her fin as she kept herself in place along the river. The sun felt so good on her face and body. Her white hair was loosely draped over her bare chest. She didn't bother covering herself since she didn't think that there was anybody there with her. Needless to say she was so very surprised when she heard someone start talking to her.

She quickly sank mostly into the water with only her head sticking out. She looked around to find the person that belonged to the voice. On a rock she finally saw him, an odd bunny looking character. He was laid back on a rock, enjoying the sun just as she was. She listened to him with her full attention as the little creature seemed to keep rambling on. Ghost was fairly intrigued by his appearance for she had never seen anything like him before.

After he had finished talking it still took her a second to comprehend what he had asked her. "I'm sorry you startled me a bit. I did not expect anybody else would be out here in the wilds." She said swimming closer to him. "My name is Ghost. It's a pleasure to meet you Vega and you are right. It is a very beautiful day out. The sun is shining so warmly and the water is so cool."

Anonymous

"Heat and cold...heh..." Vega couldn't help but let out a slight chuckle at her words. "How long has it been dear Vega, since you last had to worry about either of those?" Shaking his head he dismissed the thought and opened his eyes, looking up at the sky. "Forgive me Ghost...I have a habit of talking to myself...I'm afraid I developed it as a result of never actually having anyone to talk to these last few years..."

He sat up slowly, contemplating something before deciding it was just as well. As soon as he had completely sat up he began stretching his arms relaxingly, but as he did so his body suddenly, and very rapidly changed to the form of a boy. A boy dressed in the most peculiar manner one could imagine. But his...unique attire, including the oddly puffy hat atop his head topped with two pom-pom's from each of which came a long white ribbon which cascaded down to about his waist which were now blowing in the slight breeze that had picked up, wasn't the only thing that would catch one's eye about his appearance.

His build was slim but it obviously held a great amount of muscle, his hair was a fiery burnt orange, as were his almost hypnotic eyes, and his face was handsome with rosy cheeks. Just his glance reflected a feeling of trust, caring, and love, and his aura in general seemed to set a peacefulness around the area, a tranquility akin to fog creeping over a silent, dew-covered field at daybreak.

For the first time since his arrival he looked over at the girl he'd been conversing with, this one who called herself Ghost. "Ghost...an interesting name madame. You don't seem at all befitting of it. You deserve a much lovelier name than that." A warm smile creeped across his lips as his eyes settled on her's, a hint of curiosity filling him as their gazes locked. "Why does such a beautiful girl have such a melancholy name?"

An interesting question indeed, at least to him. His voice made it obvious he wasn't simply throwing around compliments, and he was also growing more and more curious about this girl. Ghost...that was a name more befitting of someone like...well, himself. That was, unless this girl wasn't a mere human and the two happened to have more in common than either of them thought at the current time. Regardless he sat calmly, awaiting her answer with the same peaceful smile, his gaze never wavering.

Anonymous

Ghost watched in awe as the cute little rabbit thing in front of her, slowly turned into the form a rather strapping young man wearing a very odd outfit. Her's eyes widen and lit up at the site. She never knew just how amazing and a bit disturbing it was to watch someone change their form right in front of you. No wonder others got a bit befuddled when she changed shapes in public, which is why she didn't do it if she didn't have to.

"I understand that. I'm a bit of a loner myself, though not from choice. My life calls me to wander where ever I am needed" She said in a sort of nonchalant voice. "You don't think it fits me? I am awfully white. Which is where it comes from. It was a nickname given to me. I do not know what my real name is. In fact I don't remember most of my own life, which is sad I know." She said, a bit aghast at herself for rambling so much. "I do know I can shift shapes, just like you just did."