Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

This Is Paradise! In Disguise...[Lion!]

Started by Anonymous, April 10, 2009, 12:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

When she had settled down and lowered her arm into her lap along with her bag Maia relaxed herself to make things easier for him since he didn't seem like he would set her down anytime soon. Turning her head to look forward while he talked, she nestled herself against him, tucking her head against his arm and letting out a contented sigh. She realized then how comfortable she was, that it wasn't so bad to be carried and the kiss made it all the better. Then her mind wrapped around his earlier mule comment and she cracked a smile.

Letting out a low giggle, she angled her head to look up at him. "That's silly...but you're right, I wouldn't want them to look like one either." With that she looked down at her belly, patting it with her free hand for a moment while she thought in silence. "But I would like them to look more like you, that would be nice." Their new surroundings constantly distracted her eye as they went along and she fell silent for a time so that she might concentrate her thoughts, hoping that she might not feel anxious all that much longer. "What was your father's name?" she asked eventually, her voice gentle as she turned her head to look up at Kaito again.

Lion

Kaito scoffed at her reply in a 'no-offense meant' way, slowing his pace down a bit to a quickened jog.  They'd get there soon enough if he kept this up and the conversation between them kept his mind on other things and not just thinking about if they would reach their destination before dawn rose.  "You mean to tell me you want another butt ugly Carpathian born into this world?  I don't think I could stand the competition!  I'd rather the babe look like you.  You know, someone actually worthwhile to look at.  Not like me.  I've got the face of a horse's ass that has been slapped too many times."  He chuckled heavily at his own jest and let her become comfortable in his embrace.

But as the moment settled and silence overcame for a time, he would solemnly admit that he was startled by her next question.  "My father?" he mimicked like a parrot.  "It's been a long time since I thought about my father...  So much so I can barely remember his name.  Tiza...if I remember correctly."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Maia waited patiently for his answer, allowing her eyes to stray while she did so and notice how far from the city they truly were. She hoped that if anyone ever came looking for them they wouldn't find them, a hope that ran along with Kaito's promise that their new home was just that hidden and hard to get to. When he began to speak, though, she promptly brought her attention back to him, smiling while she watched him trying to remember. The name, though, once revealed, sounded nice to her and she reached her free hand up to pat at his arm. "Tiza. Tiza...that's a nice name, I like it. As long as you don't mind, of course, I think that'll be a good name for a little boy, hm?" she asked, turning her head to look ahead of them. She could not help but notice that time would soon be catching them up but she decided to put her faith in Kaito and the thought that he knew what he was doing.

Of course, even though she trusted him there were thoughts in her mind that could not be helped, thoughts that any expecting female would have for the sake of her and her future child's safety and comfort. Getting to their new home was the first obstacle but, having no say in how fast or slow she might reach it, she had to fight off any panicky thoughts that emerged about what would happen if they did not arrive in time due to the little promise she'd made to herself. Something else that hovered in the back of her mind was of the accommodations or possible lack thereof; Maia hoped will all her might that they would not have to go out looking for the necessities they would need later on. Nevertheless, despite her current state of mind, she felt that Kaito would not bring her to a place like that she was envisioning...that little shack with worn and tattered curtains that had been ransacked a few too many times, robbed of any valuables or anything useful and left as a bare-bones shell. Maia quickly began shaking her head as these images emerged and she put up a shy as well as partially fake smile while a nervous giggle escaped her lips. "Silly Maia..." she whispered, bringing her hand down and grasping the opposite wrist tightly while she looked down, wanting to keep herself distracted until they got there...or didn't.

Lion

How silly, he thought with a smile when she mentioned that Tiza was a nice name.  "I suppose.  I never liked that name.  My mom once told me he wanted to name me Tiza, jr. but she wouldn't have it.  She said she wanted a name that mean something beautiful.  Tiza was just kind of a joke she thought.  My dad wasn't at all offended of course; he didn't even like his name.  You get this one and I'll name the next one; take turns, you know."  Kaito laughed into the night and squeezed her side a little in the embrace, loving the feel of her against him.  It wasn't often he got to carry her like this but it was a rare moment in which he'd take as much joy out of it as he could.

It wasn't long before Kaito tore through the thick brush, using his shoulder as a ram as to avoid getting Maia scratched along the branches to see the image of a house emerge from the mist in a narrow clearing.  Thick trees surrounded the building just as he remembered with the stream nearby.  They'd arrived faster than expected; he guessed he subconsciously remembered a shortcut.  And the cabin that sat before them was just as perfect as a portrait.

It was a medium-sized, squat two-story building with a little vegetation and vines sprouting along the brown log walls.  It was a long story in exactly how Kaito acquired this piece of property but that hardly mattered now that it would be the setting for their new life together.  The building was well put together, each log tightly knit to keep the cold out and the windows completely devoid of any cracks or holes; though a fine film of dust prevented one from peering completely through.  It seems an absence of cleaning clearly made vigilance into the building an opaque matter.

"Well," Kaito began with a satisfied smile, setting her down in the process as they approached.  His muscles were a little sore from carrying her nearly the entire distance but it was worth it to see her reaction.  "Here we are."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Maia was content with his resolution, though the ease with which he said it made her laugh along with him, and she clung to him with her free hand as he gave her a squeeze. Thinking about their future in general made her quite happy and her expression showed it with the gentle, warm smile that gave her a positively glowing look for a time. Something changed, though, Kaito had veered off and she heard the sounds of crunching brush now. As she turned her head she was easily able to notice the care in which he was carrying her still and the thought made her hope he was not pushing himself too hard for her own benefit. Even so, she appreciated the fact that her clothes were not being torn up by the outstretched branches and the vines hanging about them as they went along.

A little while longer and he was slowing down, Maia taking the opportunity to look up and finally see that they were nearing a clearing up ahead. There was something else, though, and she was soon able to make out the house as they got ever closer. Her expression expectant as she stared at the building, Maia became slightly tense as she watched, slightly frustrated that there were still a few branches obscuring her view, but when she could see at last what was before them she just stood in awed silence while she thanked whatever gods were watching over them that she could rest easy about their new home.

As soon as her mind caught up with her eyes, Maia looked at the area surrounding their new house before turning to Kaito with eyes that were brimming with thanks. "I was so worried...I...it's so perfect!" she exclaimed, wrapping her arms around him and burying her face against his chest, giggling girlishly all the while. "This is wonderful," she whispered against him before turning to look at it all over once more. "It's quiet, it's beautiful...I love it." Her words were spoken with pure earnest, and after a few lingering moments she stepped away from him and towards this building that they would now call home.

To her, it all looked like one big playground, a hidden castle -in her eyes- beyond the normal stretch of forest that any wanderer might ever see, and it was all theirs. The thought of finally having a place she could call home with her lifemate, even without seeing beyond its doors, was good enough for Maia. "Take me inside?" she asked eagerly while moving swiftly to the front door in her want of being shown the place.

Lion

As Kaito would describe the place, it was far from perfect.  He would say it was a dusty old joint that he used as a hideout when he wanted to be away from the city.  He was sure it'd only gotten worse all the time.  Don't get him wrong, it wasn't all too shabby, but it wasn't quite what he would describe as 'first-class'.  But, unlike he expected, it got quite a reaction from out of her.  Maia squealed and buried herself against him, catching him momentarily off guard.  "So you like it?  Wow," he laughed and embraced her back before she pulled away.  When he really thought about it, she was right, it really was wonderful.  It might not have been perfectly perfect, but it was safe, quiet, and, most importantly, home.

Kaito nodded and said, "Alright, let's go inside."  Leading her in, he approached the dusty door, first peering through the opaque panes and rubbing what dust he could away with his sleeve.  Seeing nothing but blackness on the other side, and thankfully nothing moving, he reached into his shoe, pulled out a worn key and stuck it in the keyhole, the tumblers falling easily and the door giving way without a fight.  Darkness met them with nothing more than the moonlight to shine its way onto the dusty floors.  The furniture within was sparse as he led her inside, holding her hand so that she didn't hit anything.  "Wow, I must've been away longer than I thought.  But thankfully everything seems to be intact."

He led her into the darkness, searching for a lamp he knew to be on the table at the center.  When he bumped into it and let out a might OOF!, he knew he had it.  He fumbled with it for a moment before flickering the thing on, light flooding what was the dining room.  "Ah that's much better!"  He grinned and squeezed her hand.  "This is it," he said, letting go and throwing his arms up in a showing fashion.  The table on which the lamp resided was squat and slightly designed, still keeping that simple woodsy feel all the while the chairs shared the same effect.  A bearskin carpet was rolled out in another corner where an empty fireplace resided, ashes still cold in the hearth.  "It ain't much, but it's just like how I left it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Maia had gone alongside Kaito eagerly, an expectant grin and bright eyes giving her a child-like look momentarily as her thoughts raced, exploring all the possibilities of what could be in store. Of course, she'd not expected much, but even what lie before them was more than she could have imagined. Perhaps it was only that this place was their home now, but Maia felt a bit indulged coming from her previous life as she looked upon the rustic and aged, yet solid-looking house.

As he led her inside she glanced from side to side while her eyes adjusted the change of lighting, trying to make out what she could, but it took her only a moment to realize what he was doing. Then the room was brightened with the artificial light and Maia blinked a few times, turning her head this way and that to take in all that she could see clearly now. There was a long moment of silence on her part as she slowly stepped out towards the fireplace and giant bearskin. Kneeling down, she rested a palm against the fur and stroked it gently for but a few seconds before scooting to sit down on it. "Soft..." she whispered while tilting her head back to look at the lighted area from this position. "I love it," she said with a hint of a smile while letting her eyes come and rest upon Kaito. She exhaled relief before moving her gaze and allowing her eyes to trail across the room again.

When she was satisfied that she had not missed any detail in her survey, Maia looked down at the bearskin once again, a giggle leaving her lips as she looked to the long-unused fireplace. In her apartment she had not had one but years and years ago, hundreds, in fact, she had run with a group that quite enjoyed giant bonfires. Looking back to Kaito again she asked, "Could we get a fire burning tomorrow night? For the sake of having it? I haven't seen a good fire in a long while." She went silent for a little while, looking again to Kaito with a slightly embarrassed smile for having asked something like that. "Right now I'm getting tired...and the sun will be coming up soon so I just want to sleep," she explained, though she felt like Kaito should be the tired one for carrying her such a long way.

Lion

It was worth it...it really was.  Just to see her reaction, so pleased and amazed as it was to be here in their new home.  The reaction was enough to make him smile too.  He had to admit that he was a little nervous to show her his home at first since he hadn't been able to fix it up in a while.  Kaito blushed a little in the dark at her wonderment, the way she moved around so completely affixed and mesmerized.  He hadn't seen that look in a while and it burned his blood a little...  If she weren't already pregnant and so far along, he would've taken her right there.

The house was completely empty save for a creak on one of the steps, which was weight activated only.  He decided that they should stay downstairs for now.  "Why don't I show you upstairs later, eh?  If you love this, I'm sure you'll love up there too.  I could get a fire burning."  He nodded.  "Do you wanna sleep down here tonight?  I've got some blankets in the one of the cabinets over there and we can sleep on that bearskin rug you like so much."  Kaito did just that and strode over to the cabinet he knew had the blankets in, taking two with him and walking over to the fireplace.  "Unlike the looks of it, the rugs actually pretty comfy and if you're still not satisfied, you can always sleep on me."  Kaito laughed and began spreading out the sheets.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Of course there was another level! She hadn't really thought about it until he mentioned an upstairs, but the house was certainly too tall for just one level. Thinking about his comment got her interested and wanting to fully explore the home that was now theirs. It all would be waiting when she awoke so for now she just wanted to relax and enjoy what time she had before she fell asleep. A fire was offered and Maia smiled her thanks, grateful that Kaito was willing to get it started for her. "A fire would be very nice, thank you," she said while setting her bag off to the side, pushing it another few feet towards the wall for good measure.

The thought of sleeping downstairs did not bother her at all, rather she welcomed it if it meant getting to sleep by a fire. Plus, the rug was perfectly soft and comfortable so it could not be that bad of a choice for their sleeping arrangements. "I wouldn't mind it," she said, watching him as he went to get blankets to lay out. Smiling at his last comment, mostly because she liked the idea of having him as a pillow, Maia grabbed at the sheets once they were laid out. Snuggling into the new, clean covers, she eased herself down and looked to the empty fireplace for a moment before turning to Kaito again. "Come lay down after you start the fire," she said softly, knowing that he probably would have without her saying anything at all. "I want to cuddle..." This last comment of hers was said in an even more hushed tone, a grin brightening her features as she turned over, waiting for him to come join her.

Lion

It was a perfectly romantic setting, really.  Except that Kaito wasn't much of a romantic, having only spent a little less than a year in the acquaintance of his lifemate.  It'd been a while since they last been together in a setting like this, but he wanted to savor every second of it.  The last thing he wanted was to do something stupid and mess everything up...like setting himself on fire.  Which never happened before, but he definitely didn't want to start now.

Kaito strode over to another cabinet, of which was in the semi-kitchen he'd shown her and searched for the box of matches he knew he had lying around somewhere.  When he found them he quickly strode over to the fire place and removed the ash.  Loading another log into the slots, he put some of the fuel he had lying around over the flames and struck the match.  The warm glow of fire spread through the darkness when Kaito threw the match onto the wood and immediately that fire dwarfed the lamp he used to first light the house.  "Oh," he muttered, forgetting to put out the lamp.  He did so and strode over to Maia, grinning darkly.

He immediately removed his shoes, his worn body ready and dying for the comforts of the rug and the wonders of sleep.  But first, he wanted to spend some time with his lover, even if it was just to...cuddle.  That wasn't all that bad of an idea.  Kaito removed his upper robe and lowered himself onto the ground beside her, the rug soft against his tired flesh.  Though he was partially exhausted, he wouldn't mind it if she just laid on him.  "Hey, babe," he said softly smiling at her as he settled in.  "You must be hungry.  Why don't you feed on me?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

The sight of the fire, so bright as it dominated all the space it could reach, was such a simple and beautiful thing that Maia found herself staring until the moment Kaito finally laid down with her. Even then she was sneaking peaks at the dancing flames, her attention held for just a few moments longer until she finally felt guilty for keeping attention from Kaito when he was right next to her. Her full attention on him now, she could not help but smile for his attempt to let her feed despite the evidence of visible exhaustion. Shaking her head, she scooted closer to him and rested her head upon his chest. "It's all right, Kaito, I'm not hungry," she told him, her voice a whisper as she brought an arm up to drape across him.

She was comfortable and content as she was, the feeling of being so near to him made her feel safe. It made it so much easier to appear completely sated and happy. Of course, Maia did not want her lifemate to allow her to feed while he had done so much for her in such a short time. Kaito's blood, no matter how sweet and wonderful to her, was something she felt should not be given so freely in his state. Instead of accepting is offer, she nuzzled closer so that her head rested on his shoulder and the bump of her belly gently against his side.

Lion

"That feels nice," he muttered, smiling and digging himself deeper into the bearskin rug.  Now he was glad more than ever that he had his little (or semi-little) cabin in the woods.  It was quiet, secluded, and away from the horrors of city life.  Not that Ketra was entirely a bad city, but he'd gotten tired of it after he met his lifemate.  Maia changed a lot of things for him, opened new doors and closed some old ones.  But one of the most important changes of all, she gave him responsibility.  He now had her in his care, and that, in itself, made him grow up.

Kaito, holding her gently but was a little disappointed when she turned him down.  "Honestly?" he asked, tilting his head to glance at her.  "I don't care how tired I am.  Remember you're feeding two.  You need your strength.  Not that I mean to order you around but I'm just looking out for you and our baby.  Please, feed.  I'll go feeding tomorrow night, so don't worry about me."  He looked at her pleadingly and hoped gravely that she would reconsider his offer.  Kaito reached and rubbed her protruding belly.  "If not for me, then for the kid."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Maia just laid there, her lips upturned as she listened to Kaito. It never ceased to amaze her how concerned he was for her, how selfless he often was for her benefit. She did not like the idea of having him so tired and then taking his blood as well, but, as they always did, his words got to her. She squirmed a bit as he rubbed her stomach, the feeling a bit strange and somewhat ticklish. She was silent for a time, thinking about what she should do even though her decision was already made.

"I just... I mean, I don't think it's a good idea to take blood when you're not exactly at peak performance," she explained. She was hungry, though, gods was she hungry! Near starving with the high demands their growing child was making but she knew she could hold off for a few more days without showing much physical evidence of the strain hunger put on her. Still, his offer was so enticing. He wanted what was best for all of them, whether he got the short end or not, and it made her a bit proud that he was so in tune with what she needed even if she made no comment of it. "If you insist...perhaps just a little," she whispered.

She adjusted herself with great care against him so that she had open access to his neck, the hand that had been around him creeping up to hold the opposite side. Maia began with soft kisses placed to his skin, her breath warm as she searched for that perfect spot. She was gentle as she sunk her fangs into him, as she always was, and as soon as blood flooded forth into her mouth she began sucking gently at his neck. Slowly the feelings of painful hunger went away as the minutes dragged on and she gently brought her mouth away from him at last, licking up the last few tears of blood that threatened to run down to the back of his neck. Something was still bothering her, though, and it was difficult to place the feeling.

She had drunk enough to sate the worst of her hunger but still she was craving more of the sweet blood that could only be that of her lifemate. Whimpering softly for a moment as she pressed her lips to his neck once again, though lower this time, she whispered an apology before she bit into him for the second time. She was rough this time, pure, carnal desire driving her to take more from her lifemate than was initially intended as she held onto him with a vice grip.

After she had finished at last and licked up the lines of blood against Kaito's neck, Maia kept her face against him, feeling embarrassed about what just happened. Shifting just a bit, she placed a few kisses along his jaw before a knowing and apologetic sigh released from her lips. "Are you all right?" she asked in a whisper,  hugging him with the one free arm she had. "I'm sorry...did it hurt at all?"

Lion

He was glad she took his offer.  He wanted only what was best for her like any good lover and future father.  Protecting one's own, that was the way to go.  Now that he had a lifemate and a child on the way, he broadened his interests to support the both of them, even if it meant sacrificing himself.  He'd lived a while and taken the worse of life so far, but he'd make sure that Maia and their kid didn't have to.  They were a hated breed, and Kaito had been beaten enough times to know how it felt to be hated.

Kaito nodded and gritted his teeth for the pain to come.  "Oh, I definitely insist," he said with a small smirk before she took hold of him.  Bracing himself as best he could, he opened up his neck to her and released a steady sigh as she sank her fangs into him.  The bite was soft and no something he would've expected from her.  She drank adequately, less than he would've liked.  But he held onto her just right, ignoring the pain of being cut open and rather, indulging in it.  Honestly, though he wouldn't admit it to her, it was the next best thing to making love to her.

When she was finished, he assumed he could breathe easy.  That was until she went in for seconds.  She gripped at him harder and he gasped in surprised but merely smiled that she was more eager the second time.  Kaito, holding her tighter, merely laughed it off when she apologized to him.  It took him some time to answer especially since the second bite was harder and more carnal to match his tastes.  He giving a sighing chuckle and muttered, "Y'know, I've fought some of the biggest, ugliest bastards in my time.  Beaten to where I was nearly blind, but you've got a power over me they never had.  They can beat me, but they can't bite me.  I don't think you hurt me all that much."  With that he smiled and kissed her vigorously.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

He hadn't minded all that much, perhaps it wasn't as big of a deal as she thought it was. Even so, his phrasing made it seem like it stung enough or was irritating enough to merit for something. Her thoughts of this were short-lived, though, as her mouth was swept up into a kiss by her lifemate. This should have been something sweet, something worth savoring, but Kaito was far too rough and it just ruined it for her.

A bit of irritation ran alongside disappointment as she pulled herself away from him, pushing at his chest for good measure as she turned over to lie on her back.  A frown was visible on her lips as she brought her arms away from him and instead wrapped them around herself, the action unwanted but necessary. "Don't be like that, Kaito," she said, her voice still soft despite her feelings. "Could you be...gentler? I just want to relax and enjoy this with you," she explained, reaching out her previously retracted hand to touch his arm. "Please?"

Where was his love? His compassion? Maia knew he had it in him but she couldn't understand why he felt the need to be so blunt with what he wanted from her. Tossing aside her concern for him had hurt a bit, him brushing it off as less painful than things he should not have had to experience in the first place. She wanted to take a stance, change something before it progressed further, but she knew it would all be in vain for she had not the energy anymore for such things, not even enough to control herself when she fed.

ooc: bleh...

Lion

He knew this was going to happen to him.  It was just a matter of how and when.  He knew that he was going to mess up this perfectly serene moment.  Just when he thought nothing could go wrong...it did!  And showed him through Maia's pulling away.  He realized now where he'd erred in his ways; just because she had fed on him with a dash of unbridled instinct didn't quite mean that he was free to act upon her in his own instincts.  His body had gotten the best of his mind.

When she pulled away, he was almost literally stung. Taken aback, as if struck good and hard, he looked at her stupidly for a moment before she spoke to him.  But he was quick to apologize; "Oh...I'm...I'm sorry.  It's just... well, it's been a long time without you and I just wanted to kiss you..."  Kaito shook his head fiercely.  "I'm just a damned fool; I'm sorry again.  I wasn't thinking.  Forgive me?"  Kaito tried to crawl closer to her, hoping not to be scorned this time.  He gazed at her pleadingly as he propped his head up on one elbow.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Maia felt a little bad for him and instantly regretted the way she had pulled away. His apologies felt so sincere to her and she turned her head to look at him, though her eyes met with the pitiful sight of him crawling closer and looking at her in such a way that absolutely begged for forgiveness. It made her feel sorry, despite her solid thoughts only a few moment prior, and she sighed softly to release the bit of tension between them.

Slowly, she turned to face him, the action not nearly as fluid as it normally would have been due to her need to accommodate for her protruding belly. She stared at him for a while, watching the look in his eye and then, finally, letting a smile creep into her expression. "I...um, I'm sorry too. You're not a fool...just enthusiastic." Maia inched her way closer, as close as she could be with her belly between them, and leaned forward to plant a flutter of a kiss to his cheek. "If you're not so rough I wouldn't mind kissing at all," she explained as she pulled back to rest her head on the rug. "I forgive you."

After they discovered they were lifemates Maia had never stayed mad with him for more than a moment or two, the thought of having weakened ties with her one destined lover and friend bothered her immensely. "Thank you though..." she whispered, her cheeks a bit flushed as she thought about how rough and instinctively carnal she had been. "I needed it more than I thought I did."

Lion

He didn't think that she could forgive him and so quickly, too.  He wasn't doing anything to purposefully make her feel sorry for him, but it seemed to working in his favor either way.  His apology was genuine and from the heart and he'd never use it to take advantage of Maia.  Unless they were playing a game, but this obviously was not a game.

"Love, you have nothing to be sorry about.  You were just telling me how you feel.  That's nothing to be sorry for."  She came closer to him and awarded him a peck on the cheek.  He smiled at this and sighed a great wisp of relief.  "Thank you and you're welcome."  With this he leaned down and pressed his lips softly to hers, just for a few seconds before pulling away a few inches and saying, "The pleasure was all mine, really.  I just want to make sure you have everything that you need.  And now that were on that matter is there anything else I can give you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She was relieved to receive a much softer kiss this time, her eyelids growing a bit heavy up until the moment he pulled away. She had liked it, it was much easier to relax when things were smooth, controlled. When he did pull away a bit she opened her eyes, looking up at him with a little smile as he spoke to her. It was nice to be loved.

"Well...I wouldn't mind another kiss, or just to lie with you would be nice. I am a little tired, though, maybe we could save cuddling for another time." Maia was a bit hesitant to make a decision, unsure of how tired he was himself. It would be such a disappointment to let their little scene go to waste...it was so nice! She loved fires, the bearskin rug was so comfortable and having her lifemate with her like this was so...well, just nice. She missed their night of play, wished their honeymoon of sorts had lasted longer than it had. Even so, she couldn't doubt that she was loving how they were now, she wouldn't mind moments like this every night.

Lion

And just when he thought he'd ruined it, the moment was restored back to its original perfection.  It was just him and her and her now, no tension, no anger, no stress.  And that was just how he liked it, how things were supposed to be.  Kaito smiled at this, knowing this was what she wanted and seeking only to satisfy her.  "I think another kiss is in order.  You'll need twice the loving from me since I messed up the first one and the last one was more of an apology."

Reaching out a hand, he stroked her face gently before leaning in again and kissing her as he did before, but fully this time, hoping to make the moment a lasting memory.  All of it burned of perfection, nothing could ruin it, not even the gentle sound of the rain that began pouring down on the cabin.  Kaito's heart sped up a little and he ended the kiss again with another smile.  "Don't hate me for saying this, but I almost can't wait until you have the baby.  Not only for the sake of 'em, but to finally have you again, in the best possible way.  I love you, Maia.  I really do."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn