Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

~*Lost Again*~

Started by Anonymous, April 10, 2005, 08:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She hadn't been expecting much, seeing as how her own mindset was currently fixed on toast or soup. But by the time he was done listing things off, she was just sitting there, staring at him wide-eyed and slack-jawed.
Oh good grief you have got to be kidding me!
That like...wasn't even funny. This guy had to be so totally loaded, or so totally married to a rich old lady. Holy crap. That was like....holy crap.

Realizing how stupid she had to look, Blue's mouth snapped shut and she sat perfectly straight, instead of leaning over the back of the couch in disbelief. "Uh....er...well..." She was obviously at a loss, totally unused to a menu like that. It was like being in a classy restaurant or something.
Finally she laughed sheepishly and rubbed the back of her head. "That is one heck of an impressive selection." was about all she could think to say about it. "Um, I would totally take you up on that offer, but my stomach is alittle queasy right now so could I just have some, um, chicken soup or toast please?" She felt bad putting down his offer of all that good food, wondering if she might possibly offend him or something. It was a pretty stupid thought, but hey, people had gotten pissed over less so you never could tell.

Anonymous

He just nodded his head.  "Chicken soup and toast it is."  He turned and went further back into the kitchen.  He pulled out some fresh chicken breast and started preparing homemade soup for it.  My, this Blue was cute.  He smiled a little more real at the thought of her reaction earlier.  He rolled up his sleeves, washed his hands and pulled out a bowel and broth and began mixing with seasonings.  "Something to settle your stomach, I take it?" he guessed accurately in a soft question.  Wow, even though her order was so simple, with him, it seemed so fancy.  He seemed to have the skills of a worthy chef; he was quite talented and swift in his actions.  "You can come on over and sit at the bar if you like.  I don't mind."  He noted to he bar connected to the opposite side of the counter where he prepared her meal.

Anonymous

Well, that had been quite painless. She was beginning to realize that it took quite alot to get Chase to feel much of anything. He was always so...passive. It was actually to the point of being really unnatural, but she forced herself to ignore it. The man was being nice to her (for a change), so any quirks in the personality could be left well enough alone.

Blue leaned over the back of the couch a bit to try and see better. Oh geez, this guy was just too good. Not only was he (or possibly his spouse) loaded, but he freaking cooked like a grade A chef. There had to be some uber flaw in the equation she didn't yet know about.
Things this good just didn't drop in without a price.

It took her a moment to realize he had spoken. Ugh, Blue, you dork, pay attention! "Um, yeah, unfortunately. Whatever I did last night isn't agreeing with me this morning." She responded, all too glad she couldn't remember. She had a pretty good idea of the lost events just due to the aftereffects, and she was more than happy to remain fuzzy about the details.
She shuddered.
Gross.

Bar? She blinked over at it and the stools set up on the opposite side from Chase. Well that would give her a much better view of the cooking, so heck yeah she'd take it. Blue scrambled over the back of the couch instead of going around it (it was the first thing that came to mind, ok?) and was quickly settled in one of the bar stools, leaning over the table a bit to watch her host cook.

Anonymous

He nodded politely at her response, but he wouldn't ask the details.  He wasn’t in the mood.    A small soft chuckle escaped him as he watched her scramble over the sofa and wander up to the bar.  He just shook his head and tried to hide his smile.  After throwing together the soup mixture, he stirred it lightly, thickening It into a broth and set the bowl aside and began chopping the fresh chicken breast.  He cut it into small chunks and scooped them up and into the broth.  He added a different set of seasonings and then stirred it some more.  After that, he set it aside and grabbed a cleaning cloth and dried his hands and then began warming up the oven to a set temperature.  He walked back over to the counter where little Blue sat on the opposing bar and looked over at Blue.  "Just a little bit and it'll be ready." He said kindly with his usual carefree attitude.

Anonymous

Blue folded her slender, furred arms on the bar top and then rested her head on them, able to see everything Chase was doing. Both large ears were pricked forward, listening to the tiny sounds that most individuals would not hear. They were both pierced, but the soft, short fur pretty much hid the tiny holes, and there were no earings currently in place. She couldn't remember what had happened to them...
And she probably didn't want to know anyway.
Blue made it a habit not to induldge in anything nice, such as clothing or jewelry, for she usually woke up from a blackout with it gone. She stuck to the cheap and simple, knowing eventually it would get damaged beyond repair, like the dress she had been wearing, though she knew for a fact she hadn't passed out in it (Blue was more of a pants and shirt type of gal).

Really, the only thing she wore that had any value to her was the strange pendant around her neck, which she was currently rubbing over with her fingertips as she leaned forward. No matter what else was lost, this pendant was always there. Well, in a way. She swore it sometimes dissapeared, not that she ever actually saw that happen. It just...was always there when she thought about it and went to touch it, but any time after that she never noticed it's presence. And it seemed that no one else ever did either. It was such a gaudy piece of metal, one was almost sure to notice it hanging around her neck on a thick chain. But nobody ever mentioned it. Not once.
To this day it confused her.

Little known to Blue, the pendant really did do it's little dissapearing act whenever it was not thought about. So at the moment, Chase hadn't actually seen it, even when he dissolved her clothes, and all the times after that. It hadn't been there.

Having been in her own thoughts, hazel eyes no longer really focused on the movements of his hands, Chase's words startled her. Blue sat bolt upright and her already fuzzy tail fluffed out further as the hair stood on end. The pendant was clasped tightly in the hand that had previously been rubbing it.
Woah, down girl. Just calm down.
Smiling nervously, and a bit emarassed, she nodded jerkily. "Yeah, ok, sounds good."
Woah, she really had to get over this jumpy thing. All the hidden trauma she had gone through during her blackouts, and the after affects of it, had spawned a nervous streak in her that tended to make her a bit jumpy.
It really was a stupid and annoying habit of hers.

Then she remembered the pendant, and it's familiar weight was back in her hand. Woah...had it really been gone...? Well hell, if the damn thing could dissapear, then maybe she was simply insane and she was the only one who could even see it in the first place! Frustrated now, her expressive ears laid back, and her hazel eyes slowly faded to a disgruntled shade of brown.
Well, there was one way to find out.
Blue suddenly jumped up to her knees on the bar stool, leaned forward a bit, and thrust the pendant at Chase, holding the length of chain closest to the circular chunk of medal. "Can you see this?" She asked curtly, her curiousity getting the better of her.
Indeed the object was visable, and none too pretty. The metal disc was fairly thick, and an old rustic brown, whatever the original color of the metal having deteriorated into a near-black. There was a distinct fissure down the middle, as though the pendant had cracked in half and then been melded back together hastily. There was even a makeshift loop off to one side of the loop currently being used for the chain to thread through, as though the second half had been worn before the two were put back together. The design was odd, and a bit deformed due to the repair. There were nine distinct symbols raised on the surface of the thick metal disk, looking almost like the letters of some ancient script.
Even Blue had not the foggiest idea what they meant.

And so the little fennic fox girl waited, wondering if she was indeed hallucinating the ugly thing, or if Chase could see it as well.
She really wouldn't put it past her unstable mind to have made the piece of jewelry up...that would explain it never being stolen.
Or maybe it was just too ugly to be stolen.

Anonymous

He blinked as the little Blue jumped in surprise.  "Daydreaming?" he joked a little.  And then she flashed him her necklace.  Looked at it carefully.  "Hmm."  He leaned closer to it, therefore, leaning closer to Blue's face.  He looked it over and then looked up at Blue.  "See what?"  He asked, thinking she was trying to point something on it out to him, but he could be mistaken for joking with her.

Anonymous

It took a bit of willpower to keep from pulling back from Chase. His face was just a tad bit too close for comfort. Blue had a bit of a...personal space bubble as it were. She didn't like people being too close to her in certain sitations. It just...bothered her. And right now, Chase was waaaaay inside her bubble. It almost made her twitchy.
And then he said those disheartening words:

"See what?"

Blue sighed and flopped back, now sitting on her heels, still kneeling on the bar stool. She looked down at the thick metal pendant hanging from her hand. "The pendant..." She sighed in response, exhasperated. Well, so maybe she was totally out of her mind and only she could see it.
Groaning, she let it drop back against her chest, clearly feeling the heavy object smack into her breast bone through both dress and skin.
The now empty hand came up to rub the frustration out of her face, massaging the bridge of her nose and across her cheek bones.
"I think I need a nap big time..."

Anonymous

He blinked curiously as she sighed and fell back into her seat.  Did he do something wrong?  And then she explained...sort of.  "The pendant?" he repeated.  Now he was a little confused.  "Of course I can see the pendant.  Its not the easiest thing to miss." He continued.  "I assumed you were pointing out a specific marking.  But why would you ask if I could see the pendant?"  he continued, still wondering.  A nap...was she hallucinating?  He sighed.  "Don't worry.  You'll be fine.  You just need some food right now, and then you can rest all you like." He said kindly.

Anonymous

Blue's hazel eyes quickly lit up at that one word, 'pendant'. So he could see it???
Blue bounced back up on her seat, nearly smacking her face into his she did it so fast. "So you can see it? Christ, why didn't you say so! I thought I was going crazier than I already am."
She let out a relieved sigh, still clutching the pendant. Why did she ask? Well, she had probably explain.
"Ok, this is going to sound really insane but...I think this pendant dissapears when I'm not thinking about it. Nobody ever seems to notice it unless I point it out. And like you said, it isn't the easiest thing to miss. And also, there have been times when I've woken up out of a blackout completely stripped of everything i own, once even with my hair cut and stolen, but as soon as I reach for the pendant, it's still there."
She finally sat back normally, letting her legs hang off the edge of the stool again. She looked down at the ugly hunk of metal, but held it tenderly.
"I think it's the only thing I have of my parents. I can't remember them, couldn't tell you a thing about them, but somehow I feel they gave this to me. I don't really know how I know it..."

Finally she released the necklace and again crossed her arms along the table, glancing up at him as he spoke. She smiled weakly. "Yeah, you're probably right. Both of those things sound really good right now."
And the aroma of the soup was making her stomach rumble.

Anonymous

He didn’t flinch at all as her face came to his and he just smiled a little.  His nose touched hers for a moment.  "You never asked if I could see the 'pendant'.  You asked if I could see 'this'." He explained as she fell back into her stool.  He then listened to her explanation of that safe keep and nodded, feeling empathy for her as she spoke of her parents and her ideas of the pendant.  "I see."  He replied softly.  He was now curious about this little item.  "Well, it is entirely possible.  If you apply the existence of magic, that is."  He then pulled off one of his earrings.  It was a beautiful and very expensive looking piece, very intricate and almost delicate looking with swirls of metal strands of gold and platinum weaving around a hard-cut jewel.  "Here, let me demonstrate."  He held the dangling item in front of her and it began to vanish.  He then swiped his other hand through the now translucent piece to prove it ghost-like.  "You want to give it a try?" he asked, holding it closer to her.

Anonymous

Blue hadn't expected to actually bump noses with him, and was glad she had sat down. It was that whole personal space thing again...
She hadn't meant to dump any of her trouble on him when she explained about the pendant. Indeed, she hadn't said it with too much emotion until the end, when she realized she really didn't know anything about her parents.
however, she had heard the change in his voice as he responded.

Blue leaned forward a bit as he took off the gorgous earing. Woah, she wanted some! Like hell she'd be able to afford anything like that, let alone keep it from getting stolen the next time she blacked out. Still, she could admire it anyway.
And then...it began to dissapear.
Wait.

DISSAPEAR?

Blue's jaw dropped as she watched the little article turn slowly ghost like, and even more so when his fingers went right through the barely visable earing.
"I...Uh..." She stuttered, her hand already inching out to poke expiremntally at the unbelievable wonder before her.
And...her fingers went right through!
Blue gasped. "Oh my god! How did you do that???" She exclaimed, floating her fingers through it a few more times.

Anonymous

He smiled in slight amusement at little Blue's reaction and let her experiment with his skill.  "You see?  Nothing but magic."  He then clasped her hand gently in his free one and pulled her closer.  "Here." He said softly as the earring became real again.  "It is yours." He continued kindly, attaching it to her right ear softly.  "And no one will ever take it from you." He then rubbed her ear a little, sending a warm tingle through it, and released her hand.  "Now we match." He said in his carefree, but quiet and somewhat lonely voice.

Anonymous

Yeah, nothing but magick. Easy to say for someone who could do magick! Of course, Blue had no idea that she too had the gift of magick...
But perhaps that would be discovered at a later date.

Blue jerked lightly as his hand suddenly closed around her smaller one, but she was pulled closer none the less. She blinked rapidly at him with slightly enlarged hazel eyes, and almost didn't compute what he said.
Wait, hers???
Her gaze attempted to follow his hand as he attatched the beautifully ornate earing into the piercing on her large fennic ear.
"I..uh.uh...um, thanks..." She said nervously, reaching up delicately to touch it with the tips of the fingers on her free hand.
She glanced back at him as he spoke again.

Wait, how would no-one...?

Blue actually yipped slightly (not something she did often) at the strange warm tingle that shot through her sensitive ear at his touch. Now that was creepy! Her hand released, she sat back again, rubbing at the distant tingle he had somehow created. She might of said something, if it were not for his next words.
It caused Blue to laugh alittle. "Yeah, hehe, I guess we do." She rubbed at the back of her head, looked down briefly, and then looked back to him.
"Really though Chase, thank you. For...well, for everything. You're being really nice to me, and I appreciate it."
Words from the heart, honest. It was the nicest anyone had been to her in a long, long time.

Anonymous

"Don’t worry.  Its not a problem, really." He replied softly.  He smiled a little and gazed at her again.  A beeping timer went off and he snapped out of it.  He looked over at the beeping oven and walked over to it and turned off the timer.  He pulled out another cloth and used it to remove the hot bowl.  He placed it down, not handing it to here yet and reached inside the breadbox.  "Just a little longer." He assured her calmly, pulling out a fresh loaf of bread and slicing off a few pieces.  He tied it up and put it away and then placed the slices on a pan and put them in the oven.  Once they were golden brown, he pulled them out and set them beside the soup.  Taking out a dish and some butter, he lightly coated the pieces and set them on the plate.  Once done, he placed the chicken soup in front of little Blue, along with the toast.  He then brought out some silverware for her and then wiped his hands on the cloth again.  "Hope you like it."  He said softly, putting away what he had taken out to make her meal.

Anonymous

She nodded lightly at his words, and then patiently awaited her food, despite how starving she was at this point. Just looking at that bowl of steaming hot soup had to have made her hunger like ten times worse! Gah, if it wasn't so hot, she might have grabbed it then and there!

She was forced to wait however, and watched him make her toast instead. Dude...she was even getting fancy toast! I mean, who cooks toast in the oven?? With a fresh loaf of bread?
Incredible!
It was bound to be the best toast she ever had. And then he even buttered it perfectly! Holy crap!

Blue was tempted to clap when the food was placed before her. "It looks wonderful Chase!" And it smelled better!
She looked up at him as he spoke. "If I don't like it, then there is something direly wrong with my tongue, and it should be removed imediately." Was her response, a small grin being flashed at him before she dug in.

Oh man, culinary heaven!

Blue just dug in, trying not to be messy even as she scarfed the soup and toast before her. What was that about an upset stomach...?
Not any more!
Have the soup was gone before she finally slowed down, the nummy toast nowhere to be seen.
Wow, she had been hungry!

Once finished, Blue sat back and let out a contented "ahhhhhhh...", patting her full tummy. "Wow Chase, that was the best food I've ever had! Where'd you learn to cook?? It's incredible!"

Anonymous

He smiled a little at her tongue comment and shook his head.  Having finished putting away everything, he nibbled on a piece of bread as he watched in amazement how fast little Blue had finished the meal.  "Um, would you like something to wash it down with?" he asked, realizing he hadn’t thought to get her a drink with her meal.  "Oh, um..." he replied, hearing her question just as he spoke his.  "I taught myself, really.  Me and my sister didn’t have much to grow up with, so I had to know everything for her." He smiled again.  "But yeah, there's milk, juice, water, cocoa, and coffee; if you're thirsty.  It probably would have helped having it with your meal, but better late than never, I guess."

Anonymous

As soon as he mentioned a drink, she was terribly thirsty. Grinning sheepishly, she nodded. "Just water is fine." Besides, she needed to wash some of this alcohol out of her system before she went to bed, or she'd just wake up feeling even worse.
She then sputtered at his response to her inquiry.
He taught himself???
Damn, she wished she could teach herself how to cook like a chef!

She managed to shut her jaw before looking like a complete and utter idiot, and quickly sat back in her chair. Wait a minute...sister? So he had a sibling?
Wanting to change the subject, she felt that was the best way to go.
"So you have a sister? Cool. Older, younger?" She asked, finding herself genuinely curious about it.

Anonymous

He nodded his head and turned to the refrigerator after pulling out a glass from the cabinet.  He set the cup on the counter and took a bottle of fresh water out of the fridge and poured her a glass.  Just about that time, Blue asked about his sister and he paused for a moment.  Holding the full glass in his hand, he thought for a moment and then resumed setting the glass of water down in front of little Blue.  "Uh, yes.  I believe I said I had a sister." He joked calmly.  "She is my younger sister." He smiled a little.  "I should introduce the two of you when she's around."  He offered generously, wondering how his sister might take it.  "What about you?  Do you have any siblings?"  he carried on the conversation.

Anonymous

Blue snatched up the glass of water and downed half of it in one gulp. Holy cow did that feel good! She managed to sip the rest of the water after that, not wanting to look like a complete pig in front of her host. And besides, he was talking.
She grinned sheepishly at his joking remark. "Oh..ah...yeah, right. Eh heh..."
Man was she out of it today...
Then again, after what might have happened last night...
No! Bad Blue! No thinking about that!!

She nodded lightly. "Cool. I'd like to meet her." She responded, finishing off the water. "Me? Uh, well...I think I have a younger brother. But I haven't seen him since I was little, so..."
She quickly shifted gear, a bit uneasy with that topic now as well. Luckily, her body saved her, and she yawned rather loudly, pink tongue and fang-like canine's visable.
"Gah!" She covered her mouth and wiped her eyes. "Uh, sorry about that...I guess I really am tired..."
And her body was still rather sore as well. She could use a good nap.
"Is it ok if I maybe crash here for an hour or two? I'm really beat."

Anonymous

"Sure, you can stay as long as you like.  And if you need anything, anything at all, I can provide it for you." He replied hospitably.  "Here, I'll show you to your room."  He put her cup in the sink and took her hand.  He guided her down another tremendously fancy hallway and then up a flight of stairs.  The hall and stairs pattern continued a few times, each one diverse and incredible.  On the fifth floor, he showed her half way down the hall and opened one of the large doors.  The room was almost unbelievable.  It was practically a small housed on its own.  Once inside, he showed her the bathroom, the closet, and then the French doors to the balcony.  The balcony was huge too, and the view was just beautiful, facing the edge of the city and able to see out into all the landscape.  "Here ya go.  This is where you can stay.  Oh, and there is a faster way downstairs.  I can show it to you later if you like."  He smiled almost cutely, though he didn’t know it.