Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A heaven by the sea! (Joelle)

Started by Lion, April 19, 2009, 09:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Alright men.  Drop it!"  Willem shouted, holding the railing of the ship as it came into port.  With a great spliiissshh! the anchor dropped into the waters of Cerenis and ship came to a full halt.  The ramp dropped down into the docks, readying the new cargo and the crew to drop off their supplies, make a profit and be ready to ship off once they were ready.  Well, at least, that was the agenda for the crew.  As Captain, and currently in love, Willem had other plans.

The sea air raged against his skin and tossed his hair savagely as he strode across the deck to the main cabins.  The Eternal Rose was a relatively small ship, a schooner just big enough to dodge and speed away from pirates as well as to hold a sufficient amount of cargo.  From its appearance, it really was nothing special as opposed to other sea-bound vessels, but it had a place in the Captain's heart like no other.  It was his first ship and undoubtedly would be his last.

A swell of confidence grew in his chest and a smile remained plastered across his face as he thought of the words that threatened to walk the plank of his lips.  But he knew they were best reserved for the ears they were meant for.  As he entered the cabins, he walked to the room he knew was Celine's and casually knocked on the door.  On his side he called a cheerful voice, "We're here, Celine.  At least we've finally reached Cerenis."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

She heard him and opened the door, and in her excitement, Celine rushed into his arms. "I can't wait..." she said, her voice lowering suggestively as she kissed him. Then, as suddenly as if she had been punched in the stomach, a thought hit her that would not leave her alone. It had been awhile since Celine had thought of her family, but now they would not share in her bliss. Besides...weren't there...laws of some sort that did not permit a bride to be the one to give herself away?

"I forgot...there's no one to give me away. Now what can we do?" Celine was on the verge of tears. "You don't suppose Barto would mind, do you? I mean, since he said I reminded him of his daughter and all...?"

Lion

Willem was nearly thrown back when he received her in his embrace.  He locked his arms around her without reserve and just as much excitement.  He was almost too happy to speak much himself.  But, seeing as he was never one to beat around the bush too much, he spoke with a wide, ear-reaching grin. "I'm sure he would be honored.  I don't think there would be a problem with proposing that. As a matter of fact, I think I brought up the matter a week before we arrived.  You should go talk to him as soon as possible."  He leaned in a kissed her, warming to the knowledge that that wouldn't the last time he would commit to such an act.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Willem's kiss comforted her even more than his words did, and Celine took a few deep breaths to calm herself down. "I will...and then... we can get married! We're so close, Willem." She kissed him back, almost as reassurance that they really were this close to being together forever.

A few minutes later, she went to the kitchen hoping Barto would be there. Celine knew she should really be getting ready for the ceremony, but she was still too nervous. When she stood before the man who had been so like a father to her for the past few months, the words that she thought would come so easily were suddenly so hard to say.

"Barto? I need to ask you something. You see, there's no one to give me away at the wedding and... and..." Words failed her and she looked at him pleadingly before starting again. "You see, you've been so much like a father to me over the past few months, and..."

Frustrated with herself that she couldn't say the words, she simply looked at him again, and hoped that he would understand what she was trying to say.

Lion

Barto nearly spilled the soup in his ladle all over him when Celine burst into the kitchen.  She surprised him and he was careful to lay the lava soup back into the pot as she started on her request.  He remained silent for the entire time she spoke, barely able to clarify what she was saying until he had a moment to think about it.

Then he said, "Ah, Celine!  Don't worry about a thing.  I'll be sure to walk you down the aisle if that be your wish, m'dear.  You just be sure to take care of the Cap'n.  'E had his heart broken and he don't need another death on his hands.  Love 'im well, dearie."  Barto leaned forward and gave her a fatherly hug.  He retreated and nodded with a smile.  "All be well, Celine.  I'll be there."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She embraced Barto back, relieved, and looked at him solemnly. "Yes, I know all about that. I'm trying to do the best I can at taking care of myself. It's still hard, but now that Willem and I love each other, I have something to live for," she told him, smiling. "You don't have to worry, I think I'll be around for a long time."

Celine smiled at Barto and waved in parting. "I suppose I should go get ready now."

But she couldn't settle herself until she had told Willem the good news. " He said yes," she said breathlessly. "Barto said yes. He'll walk me down the aisle and we'll get married and everything will be perfect."

Almost everything was in readiness, it seemed, although she had no idea where to go for the ceremony. Celine had found one of the whitest dresses imaginable to wear on her wedding day, with a scooped neckline and elegant poufy satin sleeves that made her feel like a princess. A white veil, an intricate little crown of pearls, and white slippers completed her outfit.

Lion

Willem couldn't say he was very surprised that Barto had agreed.  The man became quite attached to people when he knew them well enough and was loyal to a fault.  He'd do anything for someone he trusted and loved like his own family.  And since Celine reminded him so much of his own daughter, he may as well have wore a sign around his neck that said "Pushover".

He grinned widely, his face starting to hurt from all this smiling.  But nodded nonetheless.  And you deserve nothing less than perfection, my love.  All will go well.  And if it doesn't, who cares.  We'll be together and that's all that matters."  He leaned down and kissed her passionately before preparing himself for the ceremony to be held that afternoon.

The ship was all docked and the men were ready in the chapel, cleaned up and groomed on Captain's orders and there Willem awaited at the end of the aisle decked out in his finest livery, immaculate cravat and pristine boots.  And a grin stretched once more from ear to ear as the silhouette of his bride to be appeared in the door frame.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Celine was so nervous she was trembling. It was true that the audience was only the crew members she knew and loved, but it was also true that she had never been in a chapel in her life. She had gone rather pale, but she gave Willem a weak smile as she walked down the aisle on Barto's arm, her eyes full of love.  

In spite of her nervousness, Celine looked radiant. The little crown of pearls she wore on her head sparkled in the light from outside the chapel window, and she had never felt happier in her life in spite of her pale appearance. She looked into Willem's eyes and beamed broadly when she realized he was probably just as nervous as she was. He was right, things were going to go well. She gave Barto a hug before she turned to the priest, awaiting his instructions.

Lion

Indeed he was just as nervous as she.  Butterflies raged in his guts, tickling him and making the hair on his arms and neck stand on end.  He wasn't completely nervous as to be fidgeting like a madman but he was shaken up enough to be jittery.  This would not only be his second marriage, but with hope, his last.  He hope beyond all hope that he would not have to endure another heartbreak.  And the light he saw gleaming in Celine's eyes when she approached him on Barto's arm was that he wouldn't have to.

Willem turned to the priest along with her and hardly listened as he began.  It was a long and boring ritual, his words and Willem was almost too anxious to wait for him to say, "Do you take this woman—"  When he did, the Captain nodded and said with a resolute voice, glancing at Celine with smoldering eyes, "I do, sir.  I do."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

And then it was her turn.

"Do you take this man-"

"I do," she whispered, almost as if speaking loudly would ruin the solemnity of the moment.

She looked at Willem with love in her eyes. When the priest finally said they could kiss, she was almost too eager. She gave him, she thought, the most passionate kiss she had ever given him. Celine almost expected to hear whooping and hollering from the men, but if they did, she took no notice. For now, for this moment in time, she and Willem were the only two people who existed in the world.

When she came up for air, she looked at Willem eagerly. "What shall we do now, my love?" she whispered. She felt like flinging herself into his arms and dancing the night away. Everything was okay now, they were together. The last of her nerves had melted away with their kiss. She had even regained some of her color, possibly due to the heat of it.

Lion

He met her as passionately and with equal fervor when it was time for them to consolidate their vows.  He had wrapped her in his arms so tightly, it was almost possessive and met her lips with the fire in his soul burning as brightly as a freshly-stuck match.  Instead of being met with intense cheering as he would have expected his crew to do, rather they were strangely struck dead silent.  There was nothing more than a roar of clapping when they pulled away from each other.

But Willem paid them no more heed than their weight in gold.  "The after-party of course!  Come, I've already made arrangements for us to have a gathering in the nearby plaza.  The best musicians in Cerenis will be there to play just for us and it is scheduled to begin as soon as we arrive."  He waved to the crew and explained to them the celebration afterward from which they then reacted with the whooping, hollering and cheering he'd expected the entire time.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Celine was more than happy with this prospect. There was only one problem. She hadn't been to a dance in a long time. "You're going to have to teach me what to do when we dance," she whispered to Willem. She didn't want the entire crew knowing that she hadn't danced since she was about ten years old.

Being that Celine had been a peasant, the party had been one of her peoples' annual harvest dances, and Celine had danced so erratically that she had twisted an ankle. She had never dared set foot on a dance floor again... but it didn't mean she hadn't wanted to. Dancing in her love's arms as gentle strains of music filled the air was her dream. Because Willem was somewhat of a gentleman, Celine had no doubt that he would know how to dance very well.

Lion

Willem was fairly experienced in terms of dance.  He didn't consider himself the most skilled nor the best in any aspect but he knew his way around the floor when it counted most.  And this was definitely one of those times.  He smiled confidently down at her and nodded, "Worry not, love.  We'll do a slow dance and you'll have all the preparation you'll need!  You'll fall back into it surely."

From there he led the crowd out the door, Celine on his arm and walked toward the carriage that awaited them.  The crew would meet them there; hell!—Half of them already left to get the part started.  With that in mind, along the carriage ride, Willem placed his arm over Celine's shoulder and asked with a smile, "Now tell me just what kind of dancing your best at and we'll go from there."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"I haven't danced since I was ten," she explained. "I had gone to a harvest party, and we were doing a fast dance. I didn't really understand it, so I just danced as fast as possible. The next thing I knew I was on the floor holding my twisted ankle." Celine buried her face in Willem's neck to hide her embarrassment. "You see, my parents believed that slow dances were only for lovers and so I was only allowed to dance the fast ones. But..." she came close to whisper in his ear. "We are lovers, we have been...and now that we're husband and wife as well, I want to dance with you. I love you."

Lion

The answer was as sweet and endearing as he expected it to be and it made Willem chuckle lightly with glee.  The way she squished her face into his neck was so cute he couldn't help but cuddle her in his arms.  "I love you too, Celine. And fear not, we'll do plenty of slow dances to your satisfaction.  And I promise you won't twist your ankle.  Maybe your knee, but I would die before you twist your ankle again," he teased but leaned in and kissed her forehead nevertheless.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"Then again, if I did twist my ankle, you'd have a perfectly good excuse to carry me aboard ship. I know we'd both enjoy that," Celine joked, and leaned in to kiss his lips. She loved the way he held her in his arms. It made her feel safe and protected and cherished...all of which she knew she was.

It seemed that before she could even blink, the carriage had stopped. As soon as she had her feet on the ground, the band started to play, and it seemed only natural for her to go into Willem's arms again and try to follow his feet. The reception itself looked breathtakingly beautiful; it seemed the men had spared no expense for their captain and his bride.