Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ever have one of those days...?

Started by Rhindeer, March 26, 2006, 01:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Kyran shook his head slowly. "No...not exactly human," he admitted, deciding it was safe to be partially honest since the woman had already called them on it--and seemed unconcerned by it. And since it was pretty obvious. The wounds were already healed, thank gods; even though he had already seen what they'd looked like in all their bloody, gory glory he did not want to see it ever again. Even the sight of all that dry, crusted blood was making him feel sick and even worse was the smell.

It was even worse now that they were in a safe spot because now that he had nothing else to focus on--like the fear, like exerting himself hauling Lune around, like searching for someone who could help--all that was left to focus on was the gore. Tall, scary, sharp clawed and toothed demon he may be, but strong-stomached he was not, and a skinned knee was enough to make him woozy. This was not a skinned knee.

This was--oh good gods the cloth was stuck to his eyes.

Kyran was silent for the entire twenty minutes that the healer worked on Lune's eyes, head turned to the side so he didn't have to watch, though he sneaked in little glances here and there to check on the progress. His eyes. He remembered what Lune's eyes--or lack of--had looked like before he'd covered them up with his shirt, and he felt his throat convulse but swallowed back the sudden urge to vomit. Instead, he squeezed Lune's hand a little tighter, and when the healer finally spoke up his head snapped up so he could look at her.

Erk.

To say he didn't get sick easily would be a lie, and while part of him was reluctant to leave Lune here alone...it wouldn't help anyone if he got sick all over.

But the he remembered how Lune had begged him not to leave him.

He took a deep breath and swallowed hard, licked his lips which had gone dry, and tried not to think about his roiling stomach; the blood smell was overpowering, making him a little dizzy. "It's fine...uh...well, actually..." No, that would be stupid. He would be helping no one if he passed out over this. "I...yeah. I think I should go. Lune?" Another gentle hand squeeze. "Pup? I'm gonna go out of the room for a bit...'kay? I'm not leaving. I just don't wanna--" He pressed his lips together and swallowed again, feeling an unpleasant lump rising up in his throat as his mouth grew more watery. Crap, crap. His voice came out a bit thicker, forced. "Don't wanna...be a distraction. Okay?"

Then he let go, stood up, and hastily exited the room and rushed outside so he could throw up in some bushes. Poor bushes. But he didn't want to do that inside--last thing Lune needed to hear was the sounds of someone retching.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

He was a big boy.

Lune could be alone.

They could trust the healer.

The werewolf could still feel the indents of his nails in his palm though from lack of something to squeeze, the familiar comfort of someone else there. Ignore the fact he actually barely knew Kyran, him being there alone was enough to make Lune not freak out.  " My.. Face hurts." his voice was gravelly and he clenched his hands tighter. The healer sighed softly and smoothed back his hair before telling him she knew and he should try to sleep.

It was more of an exghaustion pass out than falling asleep, and when the healer was all finished, took about an hour because it had been difficult and started to bleed again. The healer puttered outside, looking towards Kyran who was still at the door and who still seemed to look a little sick. " Your friend is going to be fine, because of his increased healing, it's just a scar now, though, not a very pretty one. " Her voice was matter of fact and she leaned against the door frame before pushing the door more open.

" He's sleeping in the other room, we'll lay out some bedding for you. Lunch will be ready in about half an hour, you're free to eat." The healer smiled and left the door open. " There are no open wounds left, but he's blind - as I'm sure you've noticed - he'll need someone to help him with basic things."

Lune slept peacefully on the cot, his head was pounding, his face itched, his chest tickled. He felt like he'd falling down a cliff into a pit full of porcupines. He laid there though, to exhausted to move, to twitch, to do anything but breathe softly.

Get his pack back. What a joke.

Rhindeer

Kyran jumped when the healer came by, having been staring off into space. His stomach was better, but he still felt shook up. It was like his mind and body had only just registered what had happened now that it was over and everything decided to come crashing down on him now, when he had time to actually think. He hadn't felt sick when he'd first found Lune all mauled, but now the memory of it had him shivering. Better now than then, though. If he'd seized up then, they'd still be stuck out in the woods.

"Oh...thanks," Kyran said, exhaling through his teeth and turning to go back inside. No open wounds. Thank goodness. Despite that, he didn't think he'd be up to the lunch just yet. "Thanks for fixing him. I, uh...you'll be wanting payment, huh?" Even healers had to make a living somehow, and you couldn't fill your stomach on kindness alone. Shit. He was fresh out of money, having been robbed a few days back, but he'd figure something out.

He was a half-incubus. He had ways of scrounging up some coin fast.

Once inside, Kyran settled down onto the floor beside Lune's cot, quietly so as not to wake him, and then looked his friend over. He was clean, all the blood gone, with injuries that looked weeks old even though they were hours fresh--it was the total reverse of Kyran, who healed like a human but didn't scar at all. Blind, huh? Yeah, he could see that, and wondered if Lune had any eyes under those lids--and then shuddered and promptly switched trains of thought and tried not to remember the weird liquid he had seen mixed with the blood and--his stomach clenched, and he swallowed hard.

Thank goodness he had nothing left in his stomach.

Taking a deep breath and clearing his mind, he stretched out on his belly beside Lune's cot and rested his chin on his arms, looking over Lune's scars. They were fascinating when he didn't think of what they looked like open and when he didn't remember that Lune was blind, but they weren't revolting. Not to him, at least. Blind. Damn. For how long? Forever? He couldn't even imagine that, living life with your eyes closed...and he'd need someone to help him, the healer said...

He closed his eyes, all the stress catching up to him in the form of fatigue and making him feel all heavy. The healer hadn't put down bedding for him yet and the floor was uncomfortable--probably filthy, too...--but right then he couldn't force himself to care enough except to make sure he kept his face off the floor.

"I'm here now, pup..." he murmured, not wanting to wake him but, hey, the words might still reach him, wherever it was he'd gone.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

A dry chuckle pushed past his lips and Lune turned his head to the side. If he felt like talking and grossing Kyran out, he would have mentioned how he could swear he felt his eyeballs sloshing around inside his head. Of course that would be a lie, but, still funny to hear the nosie of disgust. He'd blink if he could. Instead he moved a hand to feel around for Kyrans head, which he assumed would be nearby.

A few misses and Lune felt hair and he petted it, running his fingers through it. "I see you're awake." Came the healers voice, her arms full of blankets and her helper behind her dragging a futon like mattress. Because Kyran was flopped out on one side, the pair made his bed on the other. " It's on this side, since we didn't want to make the bed on top of you." The healer pressed her hand against Lunes forehead and pushed his hair back before she went and left the room with a soft click of the door.

"Kyran. We'll talk later. Get to the other side and sleep." Lune rolled over slightly and put his hand on the bed beside him, his fingers resting on it and he sighed and lay still. Trying to sleep. Of course, trying to sleep was always odd when you didn't have to close your eyes. "I think I'll probably nap a lot now..." He mused, his voice getting quiet.

" Get some sleep... We'll.. Figure it out later." He smiled and tucked his legs up in an effort of getting comfortable which was hard when you ached. "I'll be right here if you need me." Lune was slightly worried that Kyran would up and leave before he woke up, but there was a small amount of trust in the pit of his gut. A kinship that he knew he shared, and it was on the pure basics that neither of them wanted to be alone. "Night Pooky."