Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Visiting Friends

Started by Anonymous, April 22, 2009, 05:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The agile beast gave a quick sigh through it's nostrils as Sybil spurred it on with her heel. The cobbled streets slowly turned into dirt and gravel as she and her horse, Jewel, left Reajh.

She could faintly see the mountains up ahead, the valley expance going on for miles. The forestry became thicker as the sunlight shone in splotches from the scenic canopy onto her bright orange hair.

Luri and Tarone would be pleased to see her, Sybil thought to herself, recalling their happy faces from her last visit. It had been just about two moons ago, and Sybil had learned that Luri had concieved. Luri's dark hair grew all the more beautiful at the prospect of motherhood. Turone who was usually qute the dope, had a look of fatherly pride when she last saw him. Sybil wondered how large her friend had grown since, smiling at the thought of the couples happiness.

She must write Ciratus on how Luri has gotten on tonight, she continued in thought. Last she heard from him, he was on a boat journeying to some western nation...

"I wish I could travel.." She said openly to her horse, "But what would my mother and the shop do without me?" She laughed, "It's not like i could ask you to look after it, eh Jewel?"

Anonymous

It was serene. So very serene. The sun's rays made everything radiant and beautiful as the looming mountains only added to the picturesque scene unfurled for all those who would be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of it's majesty and outright spelndor which loomed around every bend. And everything was so quiet...no cities or people bustling here and there to muddle the quality of peace this place held.

He didn't add to that beauty however, this boy who wandered into a place so calm and peaceful. No, he was more like a plague or a curse afflicting it, a single dot standing out against the great painting of the landscape. From the second he set foot on the ground the air seemed to get thicker, colder. The wind picked up and time seemed to slow down and ultimately stop around his form.

The breeze was causing the clergyman's robe he was wearing to ripple, accentuating his slim yet well muscled body and giving anyone who might chance to pass by a better than normal view of the tightly laced high top boots he was wearing. His blackish blue hair stirred slightly in the wind itself, but his haunting jade green eyes seemed to simply glow in an uninterested manner, unaffected by the weather as their gaze proverbially froze whatever they set themselves upon.

But just then a sound broke in the distance. His footsteps were relatively quiet, silent like a thief attempting to attain perfect stealth, but this noise was loud and rumbling like rolling thunder. It was the unmistakable sound of hoof beats as a horse rapidly made it's way towards his location. He stopped walking, unmoving as though he were almost like a statue, his gaze fixed straight ahead as he saw both horse and rider come into view. He hadn't been expecting company, but things never went as planned.

Anonymous

As Sybil rode down the pleasant path, she distantly saw a boy standing in the road. His coat rustled around in the wind in such a manner that it was hard to ignore him. As she came closer to him, it seemed that her brain slowed down her process of information. She felt herself get a bit of a headache in that altered state, and so she had to slow down her horse.

Pulling Jewel to a stop, Sybil took the opportunity to look at the boy. He had a very girlish look to his face, and she questioned his gender for a split moment of time. She gave him a once over to note the design of his robes and glimpse the color if his eyes. His muscles seemed quite tense, as if he waiting for something. She noticed he had really interesting boots.

"Hello sir... if you don't mind me asking, are you waiting for someone?" She tilted her head to the side as she asked the question, saying it out of pure curiosity. Jewel gave a big huff before going over to eat some grass. She had some hidden weapons in case this boy was unfriendly, but she assumed she was safe. For now at least...