Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What the Trees said (Open!)

Started by Anonymous, May 29, 2009, 10:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Yes, Aeris. Stronger than a bow. Let me explain it for you. They use a substance called gunpowder, which is highly explosive. When the gunpowder explodes, which is triggered by this trigger here," Xanatos paused, pointing to the trigger of the gun, "The explosion is contained, thus the only way for the force and superheated air to push out is through here," Xanatos then pointed to the barrel, "then the bullet that was in the way will be pushed out. Its strong enough to break a brick block within sixty metres, but with my magic, it'll allow hundred and twenty, with the force to break two other brick blocks."

Grinning at Aeris, Xanatos spun the gun in his hand before he slid it back into the jacket of his, as he added, "The downside is that there is recoil to overcome."

Anonymous

Aeris listened with wide eyes as Xanatos explained the... gun's uses to her.
She nodded taking all the information in, she raised a hand to her bottom lip, "Where might I buy one?" she asked, she was eager to try out the strange devices, if they were better than bows, like Xanatos had said, they'd be very useful to her.

She had to wonder if she was still going to be able to enchant those bullets with her magic like she did with her arrows.

She took Hatchen's... big furry thing from him when he offered it, she felt the fabric, then sniffed at it, before throwing it over her shoulders and stuffing her arms through the arm holes, liek Hatchen had been wearing it only moments ago.

"It's warm!" she said, looking at the brown-haired man. It was a little uncomfortable, what with her cape on as well.
She bit her lip then, feeling a little embarrassed. She removed the warm thing, and held it out to Hatchen, bowing in apology.

Anonymous

"I don't know, really. It was given to me since young." Xanatos said, looking at Aeris sheepishly. Regrettably, Xanatos had to keep the information from her. The place where guns could be bought was a place where magic had been outlawed, and where magic had been forbidden.

Chuckling as Aeris exclaimed the jacket being warm, Xanatos patted her head playfully, as he always did to an ignorant child and said in a gentle tone, "Its called a jacket, and its used to keep you warm, Aeris. But I dont think you'll need it, with all the fire making and such."

Anonymous

When Hachen got his jacket back he put it on the ground next to where he was sitting.  Hachen looked at the fire and said, "The place to buy a gun is probably Connlaoth but it would be bad to go there.  Magic is outlawed, and if an elf entered they would probably arrest you right away.  Maybe even kill."  Hachen didn't try to sugar coat it at all, he knew what happened there all to well, he had been there and he's seen what the people of Connlaoth will do.  Luckily his magic is subtle enough to not be noticed all the time.

Anonymous

Aeris nodded to Xanatos, she got too hot in what she wore now, and that was fairly light clothing.
She pouted slightly at Xanatos as he mussed her hair, swatting playfully at his hand.

She didn't need to ponder where she'd find a gun for much longer, before Hatchen informed them that Connolath was the place to go.
Aeris sighed, nodding, she had figured as much. That had been her old home, she had lived in the labyrinth for her early years, "I thought so" she sighed and sat beside Hatchen. "That is not a nice place to live" she sighed again, and placed a hand on the ground, willing for more grass to grow.

She looked back up at the two men before her, "Been a while since I last saw humans in these forest" she ignored her flawed speech, and continued on, "What are you doing here anyway?" she was curious to know.

Anonymous

"Well for me I let him lead the way again."  Hachen said pointing at his pig.  "He thought there was a shortcut to town, I suggested to stay on the road but he got us lost in the woods."  The pig walked over to him and snorted at him, and he started to talk to his pig like he knew what the pig was saying and they argued for a little bit until Hachen gave up.  "Fine, but I'm not taking directions from you anymore."  The pig snorted and turned toward the fire, now ignoring Hachen.

Anonymous

"Adventuring. I'm nothing but a nomad. I've got no home and such." Xanatos said with a shrug, as Aeris asked him why was he in the forest.

Chuckling as the pig and Hachen had a childish quarrel, Xanatos patted the pig's head again as he looked at the fire. Two friends made, all in the span of a day? It all seemed too unreal for Xanatos, the one who stalks the alleys, cutting down thieves and robbers.

"Perhaps you should visit the city with me, or if Hachen wants to come too, Aeris."

Anonymous

Aeris smiled at them both, they seemed like they were both nomads, like she was.
She chuckled once as Hatchen and Pig had a quarrel, Pig turning back to Aeris' fire, ignoring his master.

Aeris looked to the Pig, and murmured a few words in elvish "<He is your master you know... You'd be bacon without him... Be grateful>" she said, in a gentle tone, scratching the animal behind the ears.
Pig was smarter than most of the other swines Aeris had met. She found it peculiar, then again, many animals these days were smarter than was natural.

She looked back to Xanatos as he spoke, "Th-the city?" she bit her lower lip, it had been a while, maybe it was time she returned to civilization, "Yes... I'd like that" she said, smiling at Xanatos, she turned to Hatchen, "You're come too, right?" she counted both men as her friends, she had taken a liking to them both, Xanatos didn't think her stupid, and was kind enough to fill her in on things she didn't know much about, and Hatchen... he made her smile, that was reason enough.

Anonymous

((ooc: I'm joining :P))
Ic:
It was strange, he thought.  How did he get here, he thought.  He remebered being at the road relaxing drinking from his drinking gourd.  Good thing it never runs out of alcohol.  Bottomless pit of drunkeness.  The only thing he could guess is that he got drunk and wandered off into the forest.  Oh well.  Not like it was a bad thing.  After all, he was just traveling randomly to begin with.

Than his gentle blues eyes scanned the forest ahead and saw what appeared to be some sort of fire ahead and a clearing.  He also heard voices.  No, not in his head, but ahead.  And where there were people, there was directions to somewhere else.  Or so he hoped.  So he decided to walk in that direction.

And then before he knew it he was there, looking at the two men and one women.  There he stood at a height of 5'7" tall, a skinny person.  Though in no means average looking, no, he was created to be pleasing on the eye so to speak.  His hair while obviously not combed still was not a mess, and was obviously clean, in short a controled mess of black hair.  And his eyes where a gentle blue.  And his smile was friendly.  His outfit made him look like he was from ancient japan.  And it was completely white.  From his belt was a scabbard containing a katana, blade up.  It to was white.

"Greetings and salutations!  I am Otori Tatekabe.  Acctually that is the name I give to people of the mortal races, for my real name is far to long to say in the space of a day."  He said smiling and giving a short bow in greeting.

Anonymous

"The city, well that's were we were going.  I'd love to go to the city with you two,"  Pig nodded at this so Hachen added, "and it seems pig would like to come too."

Pig sniffed the air, he could smell the thick smell of alcohol and it wasn't an all to pleasant smell for him.  He started fidgetting and Hachen could tell what pig was feeling.  Hachen stood and looked at where the new comer was about to enter.  Normally he'd say something but he figured he'd let Xanatos deal with this guy, he had a way with... words.

Anonymous

(OoC_ Mmm *waves* glad you decided to join ^^)

Aeris grinned at Hatchen. She curled a lock of dark hair behind one of her long ears, she was happy, she had met these two men, as odd an encounter it had been, she was grateful.

She grinned at pig as he too nodded, she stroked his head. Three friends, not two.

She paused then, her hand freezing over Pig. Bright emerald eyes flicking over to the edge of the clearing, her nose wrinkled slightly at the stench of alcohol, Pig had noticed it too, she felt him shift under her hand.
"<Don't panic, love>" she murmured to the animal in elvish.

She stood, and drew her bow, she intended to give the same greeting she and Xanatos had given Hatchen, who knows who it could be, these forests had a habit of attracting the oddest of sorts. She'd know, she's been here for most of her life.
She glanced at Xanatos, as if silently telling him to get his guns out as well. She ought to leave the words to him though, he'd know what to say.

But when he came through the clearing, Aeris knew he was not one to be feared. Her eyes widened as she took in his sight, he indeed was a nice sight to the eye.
She laughed again, it seemed the oddest of people were appearing in her forests today. She bowed to him in turn, "Hello, I am Aeris" she smiled. Before backing off again, and lowering her weapon, moving to Hatchen's side instead.
He was old, she could tell, and he wasn't entirely human either. She had to wonder, could he speak elvish? It'd make things easier for her, that was for sure.