Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just a break (Geo!)

Started by Anonymous, July 01, 2009, 07:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Palamedes beamed down from the sky, the large ball of lightning which he was in slammed down into the ground, leaving a smoking crater there. Forks of energy shot out from the ball of lightning, as it suddenly split open, revealing a silhoutte of a man with twin stone blades strapped to his back. Stepping from the crater, he sat down the side of the lake as he looked into the sky.

The moon was round today, fully round. Pricking his ears, he could hear the sound of various wolves howling in the very distance. Full moon, werewolves. It all made sense. But he'll let the wolves have their fun first - You get tired when you spend four millenia slicing through hordes of beast-like animals, even when you're cursed to do so.

Cupping his hands in the water, he lifted it to his lips as he drank in the ice-cool, and crystal clear water of the river. Beside him was a bridge, and for a fact - He knew there were eight bandits hiding under the bridge, ready to jump any unsuspecting bystander. But then again, he was having a break at the moment.

Anonymous

Mia tightened her grip on the paper bag in her left hand, hanging by her side. She was coming up to the bridge, the only bridge she had to cross until she got home. The wind carressed her skin gently as it blew by, Sending a soft chill up her spine. Her long hair covered up a few spots on her arms, stopping the breeze from getting to them.

Mia let out a soft sigh, Shifting the bag into her right hand. Earlier she had gone shopping, To get a few things for herself. the breeze against her skin gave her an eerie feeling, Something she didn't exactly like.

She stepped onto the bridge, Looking over the sides to see the river. The crystal clear water flowing down it looked beautiful and clean. She heard a sudden movement, and before she knew it her body was held tightly against the wooden floor of the bridge.

"You check the bag, i'll get her money." The person holding her down spoke. Mia closed her eyes tightly, hoping someone or something would come and stop them. she didn't exactly have anything to defend her with, with her. So what could she do.

Anonymous

Closing his eyes, he could feel a soft, low sound of footsteps behind him. Had to be a lady, due to the light feet and such. Raising his eyebrows to himself, he thought, Maybe my break will be over soon? Basking in the moonlight, he decided to make what was best of his break, and continued to rest. As the lady went onto the bridge, he looked on as the bandits leapt out onto her, jumping her. Standing up from the ground, he strolled over to the bridge as he looked on to the bandits with bored eyes.

"Let go of the woman, drop the money, drop your weapons, hands behind your head and on the ground. Oh god dammit, you know the usual drill." Palamedes said with a bored smile, as he crossed his arms across his chest, looking at the bandits. The bandits looked to him, noticing his young features and muscled body. Grinning, they sneered back at him, "Thought you are some kind of young hero, eh? Get him boys!"

Two of the bandits charged at him, with both swords raised in their hands, determined to run him over with their ferocity. Closing his eyes, he could hear the puffing of their breaths, he could feel the strain on their body. Moving his body barely a few centimetres, he felt the wind blow past him as the first sword missed. The bandit looked on with wide eyes as the man he was attempting to run through made no seen movement.

Anonymous

Mia opened her eyes, hearing the voice of a man. She tilted her head up slightly, just able to see the mans legs and feet. The man holding her seemed to make no difference in the way he was holding her, although she felt a slight weight being lifted.

Mia was soon picked up into the air by the man holding her, and held over the edge of the bridge. "Make a move, boy. And the lady gets dropped." The bandit spoke, although his voice wavered as he did so.

Mia looked up to him, seeing the man looked kind of old. She wriggled around in his grip, trying to loosen herself from him. His hands moved around her waiste, keeping a firm grip on her body. Her arms were locked in with his grip, so she couldn't move them as much as she tried.

The quick flow of icy water below her was enough to make her shiver, she didn't like the thought of getting wet, especially in cold water like that, atleast not now of all times. Even though inside Mia was anxious to speak, she kept her mouth shut.

Anonymous

The other blade whistled past his head as he subtly sidestepped the blade again, extending his hand out to the side. His hand caught the man in the gut, and tripped him over. Spinning his right hand up to one blade on his back, he gripped onto Excalibur - The sword of Ice. Upon contact with its master, it crackled with a dirty blue aura, with energy running up the blade. Stabbing downwards, the blade cut through the man's spine cleanly, killing him instantly.

Spinning the other blade down from his back, he cut it into the gut of the man, with the blade bursting into flames. The dark fire ripped up his body, as he scream in pain while he dived headfirst into the river. To combat magic, was to use magic. Physical means would not extinguish the darkfire.

With the twin stone blades in his hands, the blade of fire and blade of ice crossed, emitting a blue and red light. Looking to the last bandit, he walked towards him, twin blades at the side. "Well, you're going to Hell .. If there was one. But .. Let go of the girl, will you? Its harder for me to kill you that way" Palamedes paused for a moment, before continuing, "Not."

Auric energy ripped up his body as he used it to fuel the enhanced speed of his body. Practically blurring, he suddenly appeared behind the bandit, with both blades at the side of his neck. Using them like a pair of scissors, the gap between the blades closed, and the man's head snapped off.

Sheathing the blades, the colour vanished off them.

Anonymous

Mia reached her arm out, feeling the mans arm was limp against her body. She gripped onto the railing of the bridge tightly, pulling her body over it and collapsing onto the other side. Mia got to her knees, gradually stepping onto both of her feet, Regaining her balance.

She looked up to the man standing on the bridge with her, taking notice of his features and swords. "Uh.. I guess i owe you a thanks," she stated, picking up her belongings from the bridge as she spoke.

"For saving me and all." she continued as she picked up some money that had fallen from the bandits hands. After picking up all her things, she walked towards the man, stopping a metre infront of him, While she twirled a bit of her hair in her free hand.

Anonymous

Inclining his head to the side, he was puzzled at the lady thank her. Replying to her question with a raised eyebrows, he said, "Why thank me, lady? I am simply, bound to do so."

Turning around, he ignored the rest of her question as he walked own the road, towards the forest.

Anonymous

Mia shook her head, seeing him walk away. "Hey!" she called out with a sigh, forcing her legs to run after him.

She came up behind him, placing her hand onto the back of his shoulder, tapping it lightly. "You didn't tell me your name," she spoke. "What do you mean You're bound to do so?" she continued to question.

Mia removed her hand off his shoulder, and stood there waiting for the man to reply to her questions.

Anonymous

Feeling a tap on his shoulder, he sighed. He was trained in fighting, not trained to handle over enthusiastic girls who wanted to know what an Archon was and why was he immortal. Pausing, he turned around and regarded the girl closely. "My name is Palamedes Cernunnos, lady. I am an Archon and you will die if you follow me any further." Pausing for a moment, he regarded her next question before answering, "Immortality is a curse."

Anonymous

"You'd be willing to kill me?" She questioned with a grin. "That'd be a first, actually." Mia continued to twirl a strand of hair inbetween her fingers, tilting her head to the right slightly.

"I doubt you could. Not to a women like me anyway." she added confidently, giving him a smile which would be regarded as Cute.

She placed her left hand onto her hip, releasing the hair in her right hand and letting out a soft sigh. "Do you even want to know my name?" She questioned.

Anonymous

"Yes. I am willing, and I will kill you if you follow me any further. I have done so many times, lady." Palamedes said in a calm and even tone. It was true, he had done so many times, but he regretted it each time.

Crossing his leanly muscular arms across the leather chestplate on him, he raised an eyebrow at the girl's smile. No doubt it would be intoxicating to most men, but Palamedes was not any man.

"Many a man has fallen to the smile of a woman. But not today, lady. Not today, and of course, not to me." Palamedes said as he tilted his head to one side, before pondering and answering her last question,"Even if I refused, you would still tell me your name, right? Shoot."

Anonymous

"My name is Mia. Nice to meet you, i suppose. It isn't ideal to be told if i follow you, I'm going to be killed. But you see, My home is this way." she pointed out with a stubborn grin. Even if she was going to be killed, she could atleast go the right way out.

Her eyes focused on his swords, then moved back up to his face. "So, i guess if you're coming this way then i may aswell be 'following' you. Right?" she argued with a cocky grin. She could usually get any man to do anything for her, but this man was different. Maybe her effect was wearing off, Or maybe this man wasn't straight. There were many posibilities, All of which ran through Mia's mind.

Anonymous

Turning around as the girl started to speak, he walked towards the direction of the forest as the girl chattered on. She was seriously starting to annoy him, and the way she spoke, it was as if there wouldn't be any tomorrow.

Spinning around towards the stalking girl with an exasperated look on his face, "Fine. Follow me if you want, but if you get jumped by werewolves or animals or anything of the Were clans, dont blame me!"

Anonymous

"Heh, sure." she replied, a bit taken back from his 'yelling'. "So where are you from?" she questioned, maybe she was beginning to annoy the man. She found this fun though.

"I'm just on the outskirts of this area. Im kinda new to town." she added with a sweet smile, as she tried to pick up her pace to walk beside him. "The area around here is really nice though, so i think i'll be staying here for a while."

Mia watched the scenery around her, taking in notice the dense forest land and small animals that creeped around the area.

Anonymous

"I'm from a distant Shadowrealm."

He continued walking on towards the forest. That girl was annoying him big time, but his millenia of discipline prevented him from striking down the girl where she stood. "Do I look as if I care where you live, lady? You can stay here if you want, but don't say that I didn't warn you about were clans here."

Anonymous

"Just thought you'd like to know, you see.. I moved here not long ago, as i said earlier. But it is hard living with your younger sister, who seems to want nothing but attention. Attention i find hard to give her, since im so busy all the time." Mia replied, with a slight smile.

She figured she was annoying the man, his tone when he spoke made this obvious. All she really wanted was to make a friend, but then again with her Optimistic personality, she wasnt going to get along with alot of people. Maybe this man was just a grouch, or had no liking to women. Maybe he was just annoyed at those bandits from before.

So many things ran through her head at that time, But one thing was certain: She would find out.

Anonymous

"No, I dont want to know. And your little sister sounds very much like you, ever wanting attention. But this time, attention from me. Also, I find it hard to give you attention because I simply do not care." he said with indifference, and a slight tone of irritation in his voice as he continued to walk on boredly.

Seriously, she was annoying him ALOT. Now, he just wanted to get into the forest and kill off something just to get rid of the irritation. Increasing his pace, the dense forest ever loomed so close.

Anonymous

Mia sighed, placing one hand to her head, letting herself drag behind the man. "Sorry for annoying you." she murmured, just enough so maybe he would hear her. If he was even trying to listen to her.

"I dont mean to." she added on, trying to lighten up the tension she felt between them both.

Mia tilted her head up to look at the large trees, noticing their colour was darkened due to the amount of them, and the sun some of them would have hardly gotten.

Mia didn't exactly wish to be saddened by this grouch, but she somehow let his anger and irritation get to her.

Anonymous

Letting out a grunt to tell the girl that she was forgiven, he slowed down slightly to allow her to catch up as he took his first step into the forest. Ignoring her previous statement, he continued to walk through the forest, his ears pricked for any danger and such.

Drawing a blade from his back - Excalibur, he held it loosely at his side as he waited for anything to come. Anything.

Anonymous

Mia's eyes darted down to the sword in his grip, wondering what he was going to do with it.

"Are you going to kill me?" she asked, a slight smile on her face. Smiling to cover her fear was a good thing to do right about now.

Mia fondeled with the bag in her hand, grasping it tightly once more. Maybe the man really did meen it when he said he'd kill her if she followed him. A cool breeze sifted through the area, and ran along Mia's body. She shivered for a moment, running one hand over her arm.