Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yo ho ho and a bottle of Rum! (open for all!)

Started by Anonymous, September 11, 2009, 11:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Zayna leaned back against the wall and munched on the apple she had just nabbed from an oblivious street vendors ware's. All she could think of in justification was that 'It was shiny.' Shiny things called out to her, she couldn't help it. Just by the tempting green of its skin she had seen that it was going to be remarkably juicy. And it was. She savoured the last morsel in her mouth while she wiped off the juice dribbling on her chin on her sleeve.

Now What?

Having been caught trying to sneak on board a vessel making ready for port, the purple haired rogue needed something to occupy her time while the two burly men who had assumed guard over the ships dock grew wary and decided to leave. There wasn't anything in particular that she needed to do there. It was just one of her whimsical spur of the moment ideas that had been dampened by this turn of events. But no matter. She would find something else to do.

And as luck would have it, right there was her 'something else to do'. Discarding her large hat, she fluffed out her hair and pulled the wide neck of her large white poet's shirt off one shoulder. Her corset sat snug at her thin waist and went well with the two thick belts that crossed over her dark low riding loose pants. Her low heeled boots tapped smartly on the stone pier.

Her eyes flitted across the crowd, as she pushed herself upright and placed a hand on her half bare hip, suggestively walking over to the man in question with a generous sway of her hips. Her other hand brushed past the various cartons and sacks along the way, palm closing over something hard and taking it along. The person in question was busy doing something, oblivious to her until she bent over beside him and held the retrieved object right in his face.

"Excuse me, Sir..." She inquired in her most innocent and sugary sweet tone, her expression too shy and flushed as a young lady rather frazzled by this encounter, "I think you may have dropped this." She had no idea what it was that she had picked up. But she wouldn't have to wait long enough to find out.
She pushed her upper body against his arm, lowering her face next to his and lowering her voice to a seductive cajol, "You really, really ought to be more careful milord..." Breathing calculatedly in that position as her other hand gently trailed down his back onto his side, and very expertly into his pocket, and retrieved its contents with a feather light touch, she flashed him the most enamored smile.

"Have a good Day!" Jumping back, she whirled around and made for the seaside crowd, willing to disappear like she always did after a task such as this.

Hmm, I hope there's many a pretty penny in this stash,
she thought. But inspecting her prize would have to wait until she was out of sight.

Anonymous

A pig started to follow the woman, and no matter where she went the pig was sure to go.  Eventually though the man caught up with the woman and blocked her path forward.  "This isn't mine,"  He said holding up a copper tube.  "That, though, is."  He said pointing to his money and what appeared to be just a stick.  "I'll have my stick back, thank you."  Hachen said with a smug grin.

Anonymous

It took Zayna a while to realize that there was something persistently following her. When she finally looked over her shoulder it turned out to be a stubborn animal. How troublesome! She thought. She wasn't fond of animals at all.

And just as she was thinking how to lose it, she collided into something hard squishing her nose in the process.

"Owww!" Peeking through a squinted expression and a hand still on her nose while the other clutched her boons, she raised her eyebrows as the man in question turned out to be the one she had just robbed apparently.

Taking back a few steps, she finally held up the stick and money pouch to take a good look at and then waved them infront of his face but just out of reach.

"Now then, how can you be so certain? I don't see your name on it."

Anonymous

[OOC:Sorry for the powerplay but I'm touchy about the stick]

"How many other people carry around sticks in their pockets?"  He said leaning forward.  He looked like he was about to grab it but instead the pig ran and jumped, ramming her in the back enough to make her stumble forward.  Hachen grabbed his stick and said, "Thank you, now if you could give me my money freely, I'd hate to have my pig need to push you around."  He kept this stick held in his hand, but he held it in a strange way.  It wasn't an ordinary stick, for sure.

Anonymous

((Aww come one. Its just a 'stick', right? ;) ))

"Hey!!" Stumbling over and regaining her balance, Zayna glared first at the pic and then at its owner, scowling freely, all pretentiousness gone. "That wasn't very nice!"

Defiantly sticking the pouch in her belt, she placed her hand son her hips, "What are you going to do? Wave it around and mutter 'Abra Cadabra'? Come on mister, why dont you just wave it around and make yourself another lil money pouch instead?" Walking over and poking a finger at his chest, she proceeded to brush past him, on her way.

Stupid Pig. It had put her in a sullen mood.

Anonymous

As she walked away Hachen looked down at pig and shrugged.  "Abra Cadabra!"  He said it loud enough for her to hear and pointed it at her feet.  The ground under her feet became dented to make her trip, face first.  Pig ran over to her, Hachen walked.  "It doesn't make money, but it can keep making a fool of you all day."  He said with a smug smile.

Anonymous

"Whoa~!!"

For a long long time, Zayna lay plastered to the floor upon which she fell. When she did push herself up, it was mumbling a long string of incoherent profanities, as she narrowed her eyes at the person who was responsible for her fall.

"You!" she said through gritted teeth, " You are a mage? How dare you use spells on innocent passerbys!! Of all the nerve..."

Pulling out the pouch she made the motion of throwing it to him, but her skillful fingers deftly unbound the string and while in midair most of the coins fell out and clattered onto the floor.

"Oops." she said, from where she still sat on the floor, smirking atrociously.

Anonymous

Hachen shrugged, "At least it worked."  He said gathering up the coins, its not there there were a lot.  When he was done he held his hand out to help her up.  The pig watched everything the entire time, to make sure there was no funny business.

Anonymous

Zayna scowled further. First he seemed to have hampered her every attempt to escape, and now he was being a good sport about her rude behavior. This was not something that pleased her at all. But nevertheless, she took his hand and let her pull her up, flicking dust off her clothes and brushing her disheveled  hair with her fingers.

She pursed her lips and crossed her arms across her chest, studying him with much scrutiny, "So," she drawled lazily, "What are you anyway?"

Anonymous

"Human, why don't I look the part?"  He knew full well what she was getting at but didn't care.  He always beat around the bush.  "And I'm guessing that you're a human as well."

Anonymous

"Why? Don't I look the part?" She mimicked, rolling her eyes. She sat down on a barrel and  gently poked the pig with her toe, "That is an awfully odd pet." she mused.

Anonymous

Hachen looked down at pig then back at her.  "What do you mean, most people get that he's a pig right away.  Besides he's not a pet, he's more of a companion.  Met his while I was traveling, been together since then.  The basic story of traveling companions."  Pig snorted, it seemed like it knew what they were talking about.

Anonymous

" I know that he's a pig, luv." Zayna sighed iratedly. This person was being smart and snooty at the same time, and she did not quite appreciate it. Especially not when it was her that he was throwing his wise-cracks at.

"I don't see what good a pig is at, except being annoying." She looked down at it and stuck her tongue out at it.  She could be extremely childish most of the time. Silly animal.

Why did it have to catch her in the first place.

Anonymous

The pig stuck its tongue of right back at her.  "Its smarter than you think.  Plus its got a good sense of smell.  Unfortunately the sense of direction is horrible, always getting me lost."  Hachen looked down at his pig, "But I've never thought of pig as annoying."

Anonymous

The pig retorting wasn't something she was expecting, Zayna started and doubled backwards, falling off the barrel in surprise.

She clambered back in an upright position, fuming through her messed up hair falling all over her face, "You!" She said, wagging a finger in what she thought was the person's direction and exclaimed, " You stop doing that right now!"

She knew this time, he hadn't used his magic on her. but she wasn't going to take the blame herself. "You've caused me much inconvenience, and thus you are obliged to ... to... buy me lunch!"

Anonymous

"One, I didn't do anything to your barrel.  Secondly... if I'm obligated to then sure, but no where fancy.  You saw how much money I had."  Hachen said with a smile offering his hand to help her up... again.  Pig went over to her and sniffed her head.  "He's really not that bad once you get to know him."

Anonymous

"I'm just not... really...aah!"

Jumping up in panic and latching on around his waist, Zayna eyed the animal over her shoulder, "... I'm not really comfortable around animals," she finished in a rush. "Nice piggy," she cooed to the animal, having given up on any attempts to push it away.

But then his consent made her forget about everything else and she tipped her head up to look at him, "Really? How wonderful darling, where are we going?"

Anonymous

Hachen looked down at her, "You really like pressing up against me don't you?"  He looked around where they were and found a nice little resteraunt.  "Lets go there, it seems... nice."  He was about to move, "Umm, I kinda need my legs to move."  The pig back away a bit knowing that it was feared.

Anonymous

"Don't Flatter yourself," Zayna unwrapped herself from around him and stalked off briskly in the direction he mentioned, "You." she said to the pig, "Be a good boy and maintain personal space."

Well, this was certainly an interesting turn of events. She thought as she kept brushing her hair with her fingers and pushing it away from her face as she walked. Well, atleast she was getting free food. That was always a plus in her book.

Anonymous

Hachen followed along with pig, although pig kept out of sight from her.  When they got in the resteraunt the sat in a booth across from each other and before the waiter arrived he asked, "So, besides picking pockets, what else do you do?"