Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Waking Moon [M]

Started by visualspice, July 25, 2022, 06:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ooc: tags to @SpiritDragon
M tag for mature: blood and probably language

Blood. There had been so much blood. It coated him thickly,  from head to toe,making his black skin and leathers appear red, even the white of his hair was soaked crimson. Not all of the blood was his, but the heavy wound he clutched at his side certainly blended in naturally with the rest of the carnage.

He wasn't sure when it all went wrong, but has he'd known his enemy was playing with dragons he would have considered asking for more coin. Damn Adelans. Sometimes he was surprised surface dwellers could be as conniving as drow.

The gash on his head wound began to seep into his eye, and he simply closed it, not bothering to wipe it away. He simply continued to limp forward through the dense wood, breathing heavily,  despite the need to be discrete.  He wasn't sure if any of those damn creatures had survived,  but he sure as hell wasn't about to go back and check. If they had, they might be on his trail, but from what he could tell, all that remained if the flightless beasts was blood and carcasses.

Soon he might fair the same, the thought made him grunt as he limped along. He was never so lucky. Vlint'ner the crow, boasted the worst of luck.  Some might say it was good luck he survived the insane encounters and carnage that he did...

But those were the idiots that embellished his stories that made the crow moniker all but legendary. Shelly, one particular tavern keep who also doubled at giving Vlint jobs from time to time, was certainly one to blame. Although this conundrum was a whole other beast, and the tavern keep was not to blame. Infact, Shelly had warned him. Bastard.

Vlint wasn't sure how long he has walked before he collapsed within a thicket of dying wood. The trees were tall and dense and heavy shadows blanketed his heavy breathing form. It had been a cloudy night and as he lay there, closing his eyes, the clouds began to break and soft moonlight filtered through the trees and danced across his form.

It was a small, serene moment at the end of the chaos. The night wind smelled sweetly of dew and decaying moss, earthy and peppered with ferns and pine. He rather liked the coolwinds of the night, and the cool touch of the moon.

He supposed if he died out here, atleast his last few moments might be in peace. And that's when he drifted off into a listless slumber, his blood bathed body barely visible were it not for the winds and the waking moon.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SpiritDragon

Isabel walked the night, usually she'd be running in her wolf form. But something told her not to use it right now. There was a restless air about the night, the partial half moon, and the echoes of the night. She had her usual forest green outfit on and carried her bow, and her quiver across her back, her strawberry blonde hair glowed in the moonlight so she hid it with her green cloak. Deeper into the woods and farther from Ketra, she was only a few miles away, but with what knowledge she did have it wasn't supposed to feel this unsettling.

Roars sounded from the deeper part of the woods, she lifted her head and took to the trees to try and get better views. Jumping from branch to branch, sometimes was a nice skill to have for her elven blood. Smirking she stopped....standing on a large branch she steadied herself as she heard crunching of  footsteps, of a person not likely to care where they were at. She reached for an arrow, and was ready to draw fire when the shadow came out.

Tilting her head she, was taken aback....A Drow........here? She watched him collapse, contiplating on helping him, she'd heard much about their kind. Though..... Isabel thought about it a moment before withdrawing her arms. Climbing down the branches and then the trunk of the tree she slowly etched closer, her hood still up she was just making sure it wasn't a trap.

Isabel stopped and examined him, standing practically next to him. Isabel knew alittle healing techniques but nothing this serious.....she'd have to get him back to town somehow..... only her wolf form was strong enough to carry him.... Wincing and throwing her arms up in the air. "Don't go hating on me if you see something different if you wake up," she needed to wrap those wounds up first though she dug out some cloth she always carried in her bag, started wrapping the wounds...

visualspice

Vlint'ner must have drifted off, and when the elf woman began to move his body he grunted,  groaned and stirred awake. She was perhaps halfway through binding one of his arms, he wasn't sure, when his own arm shot out and clutched onto her's savagely. Red eyes peered out behind his blood streaked fast as they focused on the woman, a dagger produced by his other hand that now pressed close to her face.

"What are you doing?" His voice came out as a gravily growl, gutterly and almost inhuman. He was surprised he could even speak, his throat felt raw and he bared his teeth, which shown snow white against dark flesh.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SpiritDragon

She stopped wrapping, her hands up in surrender, as he asked the question. Sighing, Isabel lowered her hood gently, and let the moonlight shine on her hair. "Easy, Easy.....I'm just trying to help you, I've gotta get you to Ketra and get proper treatment for your wounds it's not far.....but I'll have to carry you..." she explained quietly so he wouldn't be overburdened with information.

The last thing Isabel wanted was for him to attack her "the only way to do that, without blood all over is to wrap them," she wriggled the wraps of cloth, why must she get into this sort of thing with people....sighing lowering her hands gently.

visualspice

He only just got a look at her face, shadows still fluttering as the breeze ruffled the trees. A human? Naturally so, they were near the capital. Humans tended to live in cities in troves. He couldn't have discerned she were a half breed in his condition nor these shadows.

He made a face narrowing his eyes at the mention of her help.
"You intend to drag me all the way there?"
It hurt to talk. Damm it all. He swallowed thickly and moved painfully so he was sitting more erect.

SpiritDragon

Perhaps that wasn't the best idea to bring him that close, the next best thing would be to bring him to her home, which was on the outside of the city, she could never fully live inside the city. Smirking at her new plan she, smiled at his question, "no I can carry you, but not in this form, I have a wolf form, I can carry you that way...." She said honestly it was the only way, then from there she'd carry him. "It'll be outside of Ketra....my home." stating she added "but I can't get you there unless your wrapped, we don't want followers..." she added... showing him the wrappings in her hands flat.

visualspice

Being as she wasn't an immediate threat, he slowly lowered the dagger he held. But his eyes never left her.

"Wolf? You're a shifter?" He asked, still moving to right himself, despite the pain, but he moved forward as if to take thr cloth she held.

"I can bind my own wounds," he growled. "And I can walk myself."
He had worse before, and typically was alone. "I'll just need herbs... ointment and rest." He shook his head. "No sense in bringing your animal, druid." He addressed her as such,  assuming as such.  "Unless it'll help me walk better."

He held his head a moment, feeling light headed and waiting for it to pass before he sighed.
"Give me the cloth."
He didn't need to be fussed over.

SpiritDragon

Isabel sighed and gave him the cloth and dug out some extra rolls she had, "Fine, fine, that's the thanks I get for trying to help...." Isabel said closing her bag getting up and walking away for a minute, she was lucky Gideon and his men weren't on the prowl tonight, at least she hoped. With all the ruckus he'd caused just maybe it's stir up something worse. Scanning around with her arms crossed, she had his back to him, when he mentioned if it's help him walk. She glanced back at him, "It could....but you'd have to be nicer....." if she were to help him it was the least he could do if there wasn't payment involved.

visualspice

Vlint was working on binding his wounds when her words reached his ears. He frowned and paused as he studied the woman. Had it been so long since he'd been around company willing to help him. He supposed She didn't deserve his annoyance, even if it wasn't exactly directed at her, it ended up that way just the same.

"You'll have to forgive me. I usually work alone."

He felt like utter shit, in more ways than one,  and moved to tie off some wrappings on his arms.

"I should be asking where the nearest river is. Would clean this blood up easy."
He'd hate to use a bath. The entire thing would stain.

"You said you're a local? You live close by?" Perhaps in his state he should just thank his luck she wasn't a hunter. He was used to many flinching away from a drow. In the surface, to most he was like a shark out of water.

SpiritDragon

Isabel narrowed her eyes slightly, but forgave him he was in a horrid state after all and probably didn't feel that great. Turning back around, she said "I'll forgive you, this time..." she said smirking, she winced when he said the river, that was nearing Gideon's territory, making a face "Yess, ah um....That's probably more dangerous then the things you killed earlier.... The river I mean..." She wasn't comfortable leading to a possible death, if she could help it. "And yes to both, I have a smaller creek that would be safer by my cottage. It's a protected grove, believe it or not this close to a city..." she stated, she even had a spare bedroom for situations like this, so he'd be comfortable. Her gloved hand Isabel wasn't used to his kind, she probably had heard folklore about him but never met one in person. It fascinated her, more then scared her. Of course she was a little afraid, however she was helping him, in the matter...

visualspice

Vlint grunted.
"Any running water will do."
But he was curious at her statement. She looked a little naive to be making an assessment over someone dangerous, considering she was helping a drow. However,  the mention the area was protected was comforting, or at least was something.

He had bound most of his wounds and moved to stand,  pressing against a nearby tree to support his weight, as he was still very much weakened.

SpiritDragon

Having said that, she watched him get up already stubbornly, sighing and shaking her head. Why was his kind so stubborn. The resilience slightly impressed her on the inside. Now was not the time, "would you like help walking?" She asked a bit worried that he was up already. Her home was just three miles away it was a bit of a walk. "It's about three miles, are you sure you just don't want to ride on my wolf form?" she asked stepping closer...to try and help. Isabel's wolf form could carry a person, it was big enough.

visualspice

Vlint made a face, straining at the pain before shaking his head.
"Maybe if I pass out, you can carry me. For now,  I'll try to pull my weight." He took a few wincing steps before he could adjust to the pain before looking over at her. "You don't have to aid me. I'm still well covered in blood." Although perhaps she was not as squeamish as most.

SpiritDragon

Isabel crossed her arms and frowned "I'll be right back, at this rate you'll be there by a week..."she walked quickly behind a tree, and a flash of light she jumped out into the clearing, her large red wolf form was big enough to carry him. Her head came at eye level. Walking beside him on all four paws she thought to him "get on, it'll be faster, I won't drop you," she thought to him, "I do have to warn you I've never carried anyone before," she huffed, as she stood beside him, bending down her shoulder, waiting for his decision to trust her.... Once they were at the cottage they'd be safe, her her wolf ears flicked back and fourth nervously listening.

visualspice

Vlint'ner frowned but nodded with a grunt.
"I suppose that's practical. " He turned towards the changed beast and eyed her a moment before calculating the least obstructive way to climb onto her back. Then he held on.
"Alright. Let's go."

SpiritDragon

She didn't move except to bend downward so he could get on, she felt his stare. After killing those beasts, earlier she wondered why it was so easy to trust him. Feeling him get on was weird to her, she shook a bit after he got on, adjusting to the feeling. Shaking her furred neck. Thinking to him "Alright, make sure you grip tightly, and hold on." when she was ready she walked around in a large circle, resting her reaction to him on his back, seemed steady enough. Nodding and lifting her head up she smelled the air for her cottages scent. There....she followed an invisible path trying to be steady since he was injured she wouldn't show off, a jogging pace she went southward from the river and westward from Ketra.

"Almost there...." she thought to him, a small creek began to appear, she trotted through it. Taller trees were beginning to appear, and the forest was thicker. Then just as her wolf form looked minuscule compared to the tall trees, a clearing appeared past the barrier. A circled clearing of a couple of acres. Full of flowers, and a small path that lead to a cottage, it held a charmed look. Inside it had two bed rooms a living area with a fireplace, a kitchen, and a storage room. A small stables was behind it, incase she had larger animals. Nodding as they came to the entrance. "My home, it's not much but it'll do....it's also one of the safest places in the forest...."

visualspice

It was a strange thing to just.. trust , and to trust a stranger.  He supposed were the odds in his favor, he wouldn't have given the shifter the time of day, but turns out he found himself being aided by a rather large wolf (well shifter..) who could probably have torn him apart if she wanted to.

The wind felt good against his aching body as the beast ran, cooling off his heated, sore flesh.If he weren't such a paranoid individual, he might have enjoyed the ride further by napping. But his eyes took in every rock and tree he could on their journey,  mentally mapping their route the best he could in his state. The denser thicker, taller trees were a welcomed sight; the woods of old were always calming to elves and the dark ones in their own right.

When her place appeared he was impressed. He supposed he shouldn't have thought so little of the shifter woman but most lived simply that he knew in these woods, and though her place wasn't grand, it was practical,  well kept and almost seemed a natural tamed garden of sorts.

Once the wolf had stopped moving, he gave himself a moment before slipping soundless off her back and grunted softly when he landed in a crouch. He continued his observation before turning to the wolf.

"I suppose I ought to wash off the blood and filth."

SpiritDragon

"Very well, I'll get a fire going and a meal...." She thought to him, rounding the corner of the house and shifting back into her elven self. Stretching her arms up, Isabel was tired. There was some daylight left, she had meat stored, and herbs. Thinking a moment watching him struggle. "I'll find some more cloths, then start on some supper."She said. "Relax, you'll be safe here, it's shielded," she said pointing to a nearby markers, they held a glow anytime someone was inside the circle. The only way for it to be broken was if someone damaged the stones themselves.

Isabel nodded and walked off letting him be, only brining back some cloth and towel. She'd also brought a bar of soap if he chose. Quietly heading back in to tend to the fire she'd started for cooking and soup making. Once everything  was cooking she sat in one of her furred chairs, her sleepiness catching her, she drifted off...

visualspice

The drow took in the runes. Impressive. He nodded once as the now elf form of Isabel made her way back towards her home, and Vlint'ner's gaze swept the vicinity. From what he could tell, he detected no threats. But he'd seen dark mages cheat wards before. He suspected they were safe none the less, but he always kept one eye on looks out at all times as he made his way towards the small creek.

He'd have preferred deeper waters but he was glad he atleast had any sort of water. He stepped into the widest and deepest most portion and maneuvered a few rocks to make it deeper still. It was barely deep enough to brush against his calves but he knelt down and began to wash himself off, clothes and all. Then after a time, he shed himself of all his clothes and began to scrub his body down with the soaps and did so atleast twice, scrubbing from head to toe until the bar of soap and most of the water finally ran clean.

Then he moved and began to scrub down his leather armors and clothing, and despite his exhaustive state, he took a militaristic focus to keeping the leathers cleaned and did not finish the job until the waters were clear again. Then he washed his limbs again and once more,  his hair and redressed and headed back to the elf woman's lodgings.

Once inside, he was surprised how hungry he was once the smell of food hit him, but also equally surprised the woman was asleep. He studied her for a moment in silence before rapping his knuckles on the wall in hopes to awaken her.

Was a pity, he felt almost as if it were a sin to awaken an elven lady in her sleep...
But he was a guest, and he'd rather not simply walk through her home unless she was fully aware. He didn't need to startle her and end up with a knife in his back.

SpiritDragon

Isabel felt eyes on her as she dozed, waking up. Wiping her sleepiness off, she jumped as he was standing there watching her. Remembering that she had a pot probably now boiling over. Jumping up as she remembered, she rushed over to the kitchen area, the pot was just starting to boil over. She sighed and put a hand on her chest. Her mittens on she carried it over to the center area of the kitchen. Adding some herbs from the hanging bits above her.

Walking to the cabinets, Isabel grabbed some wooden utensils, she didn't have fancy pottery here. Just essentials. Grabbing two spoons, she also grabbed a salt shaker. Something she always had on hand because of meat curing. Smiling she waved Vlint over and offered him a chair. "Here, we go. It's ready,"she said, grabbing a basket of stale bread from the day before. "The breads a bit stale but will go good with the soup," she said as she sat down. She watched, he cleaned up nicely......she blushed, eating some of her soup, it really hit the spot and the deer meat was tender, she added a bit of the salt. It made it more savory.