Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Waking Moon [M]

Started by visualspice, July 25, 2022, 06:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

So much for not startling the elf woman. Although it didn't show on his lips, there was a slight smile to his eyes. The look almost made him look different,  but it could also be that now only the red of his eyes remained on him since the blood had been washed away.

The man was still damp when he was offered food, the went rivulets from his hair glistening in the subtle light within her home. It forced his hair to stick against his head and neck, where as the drying parts on his shoulders curled and feathered out in small fringes.

His leathers were drying much faster than his hair, but glistened as well and caught the light in ways that amplified his muscular form. Most drows were far litter than he, his muscles resembling the more layered look of humans.  But his work was rough work, and he hadn't the need to be more agile and keep himself thin to crawl about and navigate the darker, narrow caverns of the drow world.

As be sat, he had enough manners to pass on the surface, taking up the soup and actually using the spoon between dipping the bread.

"Thank you," he went on, between a few chews before swallowing. "My name's Vlint'ner. Vlint'ner Mlezzir." He figured a proper introduction was in order.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SpiritDragon

Isabel looked up, "Isabel Nighthawk, pleasure to meet you....can I call you Vlint for short?" She asked, blushing lightly, it's been awhile since she'd had a guest. The fire crackled, startling her. Isabel "what's happened out there....where I found you?" She asked, brining the subject up, she had assumed, but it was only a guess. It was only a matter of time before he asked why she came here instead of the main river. Which was fine but it wasn't a subject she liked to dabble on too much.

visualspice

Vlint grunted in acknowledgement at her name, but stilled when she asked about the nickname.
"You can..." he began, very carefully. "Not many address me as such, but it's not an unwelcome nickname."
Then at her question about his situation he grunted again.
"Do you want the long version or the short version?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SpiritDragon

Isabel nodded that she could call him the shortened name she abbreviated. Relaxing in her chair, she thought a moment. "You can do the long version, I'm not in a rush." She said, "we're you still hungry did you want another bowl?" She said, there was plenty for tomorrow as well. She was tired but only from being full, she'd wash the dishes later.

visualspice

Vlint stared at her and actually smirked.
"I wasn't told there'd be dragons."
Sadly... That was his longer version. Vlint'ner wasn't much if a man to embellish details and was probably more cut and dry than he ought to be.

But he was exhausted and everything ached. Infact, a cut on his lip reopened and glittered with blood when he has smirked,  and when he used the back if his hand to wipe at his lip,he frowned at the blood.
"Seems I'm still mending. "

The large gash on his head seemed to be scabbing over ,as were many of the other large clawed marks across his face and throat,  but he knew it would take time for them to properly heal and the deeper would scar.

Then at her inquiry about more food he shook his heas and drew in a long breath.
"No, but thank you. I think I just need rest after I apply salves to my wounds "

SpiritDragon

She tilted her head at his vague story, leaving the rest for the imagination. Nodding respectfully, she got up and remembered that she had some of her own herbal salves she sold once and awhile to people in Ketra. Grabbing a medium sized jar she said, "this is made with a honey salve full of added herbs I grow myself. Your welcome to use it, I have more if needed," smiling, as she put the jar next to him, and took his bowl and set them over by the sink.

She'd gather some water for washing dishes later, for now... she turned and leaned on the countertop, "I can show you to your room if you'd like, there's plenty there, I'll find some fresh bandage cloths for your wounds," she said, it was different treating a person usually it was an animal or the like. So she was trying to be as hospitable as possible. Her room was across from his it was straight forward. But it's be guest friendly to show him around later when he was feeling better.

visualspice

He found it interesting she hadn't pressed further at his story.  Most elves he had ever run into tended to be overly curious. Then again,  he wasn't like most drow either.

When she brought out the jar he stared at her,  then the jar curiously.
"It seems my half dead ass ran into the right woman in the middle of the woods. Is there anything you can't help me with?" He asked in a gruff jest.

SpiritDragon

Isabel leaned against the counter, she laughed lightly at his joke. "I'm sure there isn't.....just one thing...." She said frowning, rubbing her arms embarrassed. It was an embarrassing thing to bring up the one man she couldn't stand, the one enemy that could hurt her, and anything she held dear....     "Why I wouldn't take you too the main river earlier....." she said sighing...she figured he should know the dangers....at least with that group....

visualspice

Whatever smile had been there was gone, his frown deepening as he studied the she elf.

"There's someone that hunts you? Or brings great danger to these lands?"

SpiritDragon

She looked up at him with emerald eyes, wiping away a tear, nodding. The last time..... she tried getting her head wrapped around it. "Just know he's
dangerous, and has many connections.....if his goons don't get you first then others will...."
She said, she was thankful she could hide in the trees from Gideon and his men but it only did so much, it made life difficult. Looking up at him worried "Just please.....be careful..." she said, it felt like she didn't want to loose him already.....why was she feeling this way with a stranger?.....

visualspice

Vlint'ner grunted.
"I've fought vicious men and beasts and dragons and wicked things of the underdark.. "He eyed her, studying her obvious fear and tension. "A man and an army is only a man among men. And men are created to fall. They are not immortal in the way of the elves and fae, nor prolonged of life like those of the drow. If man is made of meat like dogs... then one day he too, will be destined to rot with the maggots and writhe in earth's shit."

SpiritDragon

Isabel listened, he had a way.....different way of explaining it.... But he was right. Not everyone was invincible. She smirked sadly at the last part, she'd been alone too long.... Her tiredness catching up, "I think, I'll turn in for the night, you're welcome to stay up and make yourself comfortable. I'll leave your door open so you know where to go..."she said, it was helpful advice, but with her tiredness she was just....Isabel had a bit to think about. She went around the corner of the kitchen, and down the hallway, propping the door open to the spare, she went on the other side of the door. Once she entered her bedroom she crashed on the furs. Isabel was tired shifting like that took a lot of energy...

visualspice

Vlint'ner was practical. His advice reflected that. He had no reason to sugar coat his explanation.  So when she stated she was to retire for the night he nodded. "I can see myself to bed."

But as she disappeared into her room for the night,something pulled hid attentions elsewhere.. outside.. and towards the direction of the river.

He stood out in the night air, unphased and even welcoming of the cool, night air. He was more at peace in the night, and found himself a comfortable station to keep watch. He may have been exhausted beyond all measure but the she elf was terrified of something  and he'd be damned if she'd fall prey to those fears this night.

So once he found a quiet place, high and hidden in the solid nook of an old oak tree, way, way up high in the trees and set up his bow, an arrow ready and just simply..  watched. And true to his unspoken word, he guarded the woman a night.

SpiritDragon

Isabel slept in her bed and outside towards the river trouble was brewing. Near the main river, plans were being made, a tall heavily built man full of scars and an eye patch across his left eye. Stood at a table, under the tent he had a map placed full of x's. 'Where you hiding, lass....' He thought, the dogs he'd sent after, all failed or ran back towards their groups.

"Sir, there has been word that the dragons have been slain, they are brining them as we speak," his second in command said, a tall man lean and fit had red hair and was high strung once going, "good, we'll make a plentiful bounty on that one...." He said.... "Soon, we'll have her in our sights...." He whispered, she'll come out of hiding or be pushed out.

It was only a matter of time, "give word to the magic user, he'll want to be apart of this...." The second in command nodded and went to deliver orders. The sorcerer was a part of the plan....smiling savagely he stuck a knife in a bare spot on the map, marking the potential safe haven she was hiding in.

visualspice

Vlint'ner hadn't wandered far from her home. He couldn't protect her adequately if he had gone too far, but from his perch he could see out as far as the trees would let him. Ad thick as they were, it unfortunately was rather limiting and for the moment, the drow was non the wiser of Gideon and his men's presence.

Perhaps her stones were that good of a deterrent, to ward off the man she feared. Even still, it was the least he could do, and he would remain perched and at the ready all night and into the morning.

SpiritDragon

Sunshine flowed on her in the morning. Her brain was tired, she ached all over. She groaned, stretching, getting up she'd slept in her clothes which wasn't an uncommon thing to do. Wiping her sleepy eyes, she couldn't guess what time it actually was since the trees throw the flow of time off with darkening earlier in the day.

Sighing she remembered she had a house guest, rolling to the side she stretched again and looked in the mirror along her wall in the corner, a mess. Taking her brush she did a quick comb through, and going through a normal routine felt wierd but she felt refreshed, getting some of the dirt and grime off of her. Her clothing was a simple legging and green blouse, with bare feet since it was her home.

Going to the spare bedroom she found it empty, frowning, had he left? She shrugged it was uncommon for her to have visitors but she needed to start breakfast. Grabbing a bucket by the door she went and grabbed some water from the stream, she was worried about her guest but had to at least trust him that he'd come back....she bent down and gathered a full bucket full of water to wash and cook with.

Feeling at peace with her barrier home, it was easy to get carried away, a butterfly floated past and landed on her shoulder she noticed and picked it up gently, letting it crawl on her hand till it decided to fly away.... Smiling it must be nice life to live free....the flowers were extra pretty in the sunlit dew morning. "it's a beautiful morning...." she said to herself, if he was still around she wouldn't know where to look...

visualspice

The night had proved uneventful , and come morning he was nearly falling asleep at his post, so when the she elf left her home, his eyes were naturally drawn towards her. He supposed now that she was awake she was safer, and slowly he began his quiet descent fron the tree.

It seemed the elf was none the wiser of his presence. He figured it would be unwise to startle her as he took his bow and rapped it gently against a tree.

SpiritDragon

Isabel turned and heard some rustling, scanning the area for the noise she, tilted her head. Frowning, "We're you up all night?!" She asked, it seemed obvious but wasn't used to the habits of his kind. Tilting her head smiling, "I'm starting breakfast, eggs sound good?" She asked, Isabel felt good but was worried when he looked more tired when she found him. Frowning she let him do his things and went inside.

visualspice

He inclined his head at her words.
"My kind typically do. At least on the surface, " he said, stretching out his limbs as he scanned the area. Then at the mention of food, he turned his attention back to her.

"I wouldn't turn down a free meal," he said with a nod. Tired as he was, he was also very hungry. Jobs often took a lot out of him, especially when a hoarde of beasts were involved.

SpiritDragon

Isabel thought a moment about what hems said about his kind. Frowning in thought "I'll have to remember that, I'll get started on a meal," she said happily, it was good to have his company, even if it's only been one night. Smiling she carried her bucket of water and washed the dishes then she got started on a meal, fresh eggs were collected slightly beforehand so it was fine. Some scrambled eggs and light meats.

She had plenty stored from hunting. However she frowned as she placed his portions on the table, with a glass of water. She helped herself tot he food as well, the only thing missing were vegetables that when's run out of, "food's ready!" She said, "so besides hunting or odd jobs do you have any regular hobbies?" She asked, if he was going to stay she might as well get to know him a bit better.