Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

So, who in Connlaoth wants a Magic Governess?

Started by DragonSong, February 22, 2023, 01:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Hiya! Been a while since I wrote up a new plotting post, so fingers crossed lol.

I've got a recently-graduated Wyrdwood student, Kaylee, who has decided not to return to her mistress and be a slave again; instead, she'd getting herself hired as a governess in a place she's pretty sure her ex-mistress would never think to look for her--Connlaoth.

Hopefully this will just be a temporary thing for her (or at least that's her plan)...but in the meantime, who wants to deal with some Mary Poppins shenaniganry???

The ideal family would be Connlaothian minor nobility/wealthy merchant class with either too many kids for the current staff to handle or one particularly Obstinate(TM) that these Respectable Parents feel needs a personal governess--or some combination therein.

Egg

I'm interested! I haven't actually created any characters yet but I'd be down to put one together for this plot. I'm thinking maybe a teenage girl who is herself a mage -- but a devout, non-practicing Connlaothian one. Or, at least, that's who her parents would like her to be; maybe she has other ideas.

Would your character be concealing her magic entirely or presenting as a non-practicing mage?

(This could make a decent group thread if more people wanted to play different family members. But I'm fine with it being 1x1, too!)

DragonSong

Hiya! I'm psyched you're interested! My general idea was that Kaylee would be hiding her magic entirely. I'd be up if more people wanted to join in too—my initial thought was that Kaylee would be a governess for like...a kid kid, rather than a teenager. Most teens probably wouldn't really be needing a nanny figure lol.

Egg

Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe it's a family with a teenager and a younger child or children? I'm more interested in playing an older child (at least 11) but I can try playing a younger child alongside that older child. It could definitely be interesting to play with family dynamics!

Or, of course, we could see if anyone wants to play a younger child alongside my tween/teen.