Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I Hope Wings are in Fashion ((Rhi-Rhi!))

Started by CastlesInTheSky, June 24, 2011, 01:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver replied with, "Here, I mean." He looked concerned.

Rhindeer

"Ah, then yes. Well, not so much seen as heard, mostly. I heard the border towns here have some issues with some tribal people that raid now and then, for example. So I wouldn't go there. As far as seen, ah...I saw a mugging once. So keep your purse close."

Niaaki laughed. "Out loud, that doesn't sound nearly as bad as the build up made it out to be, but I haven't been here long, either. But I suppose it's just like anywhere else--use common sense and all that."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver was half expecting the man to say that he had seen some village be destroyed, or some such insanity, and was quite relieved to hear that it wasn't one of those things. He supposed there were always going to be some people getting raided and some mugged, they weren't uncommon occurrences on the borders of anywhere, really.

Oliver laughed a bit as well. "That sounds just fine to me. Just like anywhere else, like you said." With a curious look, he asked Niaaki, "But...are there really dragons here? I've heard there are."

Rhindeer

"Well...I haven't seen any yet, but I have heard there are!" Niaaki said with a grin, eyes lighting up. Ever since coming here, he'd really been hoping to catch a glimpse of one--terrifying as they sounded.

"There are apparently an entire army of them! So I've been told. I hear they come from the mountains, but that the ones they keep are tame. Or...as tame as a dragon can be, I suppose." He paused. "Have you ever seen one?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver grinned too, as he would love to see one as well! Though he didn't exactly have a bunch of friends to tell about it, what was the point of going to a place with dragons if he wouldn't get to see such a cool thing, a tamed dragon?

"Well...from very far away, and thankfully that. He was flying way up high, in the mountains." Good thing he hadn't been flying about then.

Rhindeer

"Oh, by the Thunderblacks?" Niaaki asked, head tilted. "I've heard they're beautifully eerie at night, that the mountains flicker in places because of the dragons."

He let out a wistful sigh, then grinned. "Though I suppose I shouldn't be so disappointed. I haven't seen any dragons, but I did see the king." And that earned him some bragging rights, right?

Never mind that he'd immediately hated the man just for being pretty and drawing more attention than he was! He could leave that part out.

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver nodded eagerly. "I've seen but one flicker in the distance, and it was beautiful in the most unnerving way."

The winged man leant forward a tad, eyes widened. The king?! He had never seen a king before. Was he like the people described, or fatter, thinner, paler? Who knew?

"You did? Well, what did he look like?"

Rhindeer

"He was attractive," Niaaki said, lips pursed. He could say that much. It was true. He just wouldn't admit to how attractive. "Masculine. Very fit. Young. Long red hair. He had the body of a warrior--he is a warrior. I only got to see him from a distance as he drilled his soldiers, but it was a sight to behold."

He tapped his fingers on the table thoughtfully as he recalled the details, and decided to leave out Nathaniel's observation--that Akkiel had a very nice bottom. That still peeved him.

"All and all, he looked like a man. Not much different from you and me--ah, wings aside, I mean. But I suppose the title, the fact that he's a powerful leader, helped him appear more extraordinary."