Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

High Maintenance [Rhiiii!] [M]

Started by Blue, May 17, 2013, 08:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue

Well, this was great. Really great. They were tracking their happy way through a mountain pass, where it was growing increasingly cold, and the air increasingly thin. Trudging along after the rather feral looking pink-head a fair bit ahead of him, he kept his grumbles mostly to himself. He was (mostly) used to this by now, though sometimes Rafa took them into places that he’d rather have just avoided.
Like hiking up the side of a bloody mountain, for goddess’ sake.

Half stumbling (again) he picked up a small stone as he straightened and chucked it at his lover’s back.
“I’d like -wheeze- to remind you -wheeze- that I lack your particular -wheeze- constitution.”
That was code for ‘stop or I swear you’re not getting laid for a month’, for Lukas himself had already halted and was resting his hands on his knees. Damn but if it wasn’t getting harder and harder to catch his breath. Somebody had once said that the tops of mountains were nearly impossible to live on because the gods didn’t want you getting so close. Right now, Lukas was half willing to believe it. And they weren’t even up into what seemed to be still-snowed caps. Just thinking about it was enough to make him want to wither and sit - but he knew if he actually did, he probably wouldn’t be getting up again that afternoon.

Sometimes he wondered why he let this man drag him around through every backcountry they came across, honestly.

Rhindeer

The rock hit Rafa square between the shoulders, and he spun around with a hiss through bared teeth. Then his eyes landed on Lukas, doubled over and breathing like he'd escaped certain death, and he let out a loud sigh and rolled his eyes heavenward.

"So soon?"

It was less a serious remark and more playful exasperation. He knew his human lover well, and had learned quickly that he didn't have his endurance. Of course, new limits always revealed themselves along with new challenges, and the frailty of humanity was as baffling as it was, well...somewhat endearing. He would never admit it, but he liked having someone he could protect.

With a shake of his head and a flick of his tail, he turned and backtracked over to Lukas. His own breath was coming a bit faster in the thinner air, but he could have kept going for miles more.

He laid a hand on Lukas shoulder and gave a roguish grin, sharp teeth flashing. "We aren't even halfway. Will I need to carry you, oh delicate one?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Blue

Lukas glowered up at his inhuman partner through sweat-dampened curls. His green eyes were unusually bright today, probably to do with all this fresh air, despite it's lacking oxygen. The healer was actually rather annoyed with himself as well - his endurance had grown quite a bit since he began gallivanting about this unusual fae. But it must have been the thin air, because he felt weak and wobbly long before he had guessed at needing a rest.
Still, this was growing to be somewhat ridiculous.

Snatching out, he grabbed Rafa's tail and gave it a tug.
"Don't even start with that smile of yours."
He stood with a bit of a sigh, still feeling awkwardly light headed. Some days he really envied his lover's endurance and abilities. He was no slouch himself, but sometimes there wasn't anything you could do against pure breeding.
Still rubbing the tip of that furry tail between his fingers, he frowned around at the scenery.
"Not even? By the goddess this is grueling. Some of the jobs you take on...I half wonder if you're addled in the brain. Well, if you're expecting us to get there by night fall, you may really end up carrying me, because I can tell you now that I don't have it in me for that sort of pace."

Rhindeer

Rafa wriggled his tail in Lukas's grip, then reached over and pinched him lightly on the side.

"Grueling, he says? Ah, perhaps my lover has been too generous with the sweets," he said, face deadpan. He whipped his tail free and flicked Lukas on the nose with the furry tuft. "Not that I'd care if you were. It is just more of you to nibble. Now come, let's make camp before you die."

He shrugged his travel pack off his shoulders and reached out to take Lukas's. "How is your head?" he asked abruptly.

Though he may give Lukas a hard time, he truly did worry for him, and didn't want to push him too hard. Altitude sickness was very real.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Blue

Lukas wasn't about to be put off by the deadpan manner in which Rafa spoke of his potential binge eating. He gave the fae a raised eyebrow, as if daring him to say something else. Snorting, it was his turn to roll his eyes, though there was a lopsided grin on his face.
"Given those teeth of yours, I think we might like to keep nibbling to a minimum. And you'll be quite sad to hear that no amount of sweets could possibly soften up my now rather rough, hardened body thanks to all this physical exercise you put me through."
And he wasn't just talking about all the hiking and such.

Still a bit miffed to have slowed them both down, despite his whining, he handed the pack over begrudgingly. He wasn't used to being coddled like this either. He actually prided himself on being able to take care of himself, and had done so for a very long time. And now here was Rafa, having to dote on him, something Lukas liked but was having trouble accepting at the same time.
"Oh by the goddess, I'm fine Rafa. Light headed is all. And there are these queer black spots in my-"
The world titled rather anxiously right then, and Lukas found himself sitting very abruptly. Even on solid ground, uncomfortable as it was, the vertigo took a long moment to pass.
"Ow."
He growled lowly, resting his arms on his knees. Well now his lover was sure to worry, just what he had hoped to avoid. And never mind the irony of a healer getting sick - there were still some things about his considerable power that he didn't like to divulge.

Rhindeer

Rafa ran his tongue over his teeth. "I know how to be gentle," he said, and added wryly, "You've liked it before."

Settling down on his knees, he pulled their bedrolls from their packs, as well as the gear for their small tent. Even though the sky was clear, the weather could change unexpectedly, and once their gear got wet out here, it could be a long time before it properly dried. Fishing out a flint, he turned to pass it to Lukas so he could get a fire started while he tinkered with the tent, and that was when Lukas toppled over.

With a surprised hiss, Rafa was there in moments, one hand gripping his arm. "The black spots mean you're fading," he informed him with a scowl. "Light-headed isn't fine. Just...sit. Stay there."

Fishing a waterskin out of their pack, he passed it to him, then took a seat next to him. "Drink this. Keep hydrated. And don't lie about being fine when you're not. If you pass out on the trail, you could topple right off this mountain," he said, lightly stroking his back.

Blue

His annoyance with himself quickly faded into sheepish embarrassment. Rafa was right, of course. He did neither of them any good by lying about his health. He of all people should know that, but sometimes it was hard to accept your own weaknesses, especially in the face of someone who lacked those same faults.
Not that he was going to hold Rafa's lineage against him - that wasn't the sort of man he was, and besides, there were quite a few perks of that 'lineage' that he rather enjoyed.
Like those teeth, for instance, heh.

"Yes, I know as much. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be difficult..."
With a sigh he accepted the water, taking a long drink of it. Now that he was sitting, and breathing more slowly, the queasy feeling was beginning to fade. The gentle rubbing on his back was a nice touch, and without much thought he leaned over to rest his head on Rafa's shoulder.
"I'll do my very best not to fall off the mountain, you have my word."
But there was a grin on his face even as he said it. He somehow doubted Rafa would let him tumble very far if that did happen.
He didn't even want to think about any sheer cliff faces. Best to pretend those didn't exist, and pray they didn't have to cross near any.

Rhindeer

Shaking his head and giving Lukas a wry look, Rafa leaned in and pressed a light kiss to his temple. "Don't try," he rumbled. "Just don't fall. If you fall, I'll have to fetch you."

Still stroking Lukas's back, he added his nails to the mix, lightly running them up and down his spine. "Just tell me bluntly next time if you're unwell. That way I know you're not just being a prissy human."

With another quick kiss, this one pressed to his lips, Rafa moved away again so he could continue to set up. It would be night in a few hours, and the temperature would drop radically, so it was best not to fumble about when your fingers were numb and your hands were shaking too much to be useful.

"We'll rest the night, and see how you feel in the morning. The altitude can take a little getting used to."

Here's to hoping Lukas didn't come down with altitude sickness.

Blue

"Wouldn't that be a sight."
He mused with a half grin, enjoying their moment together. He enjoyed it that much better once those nails were invited, a shiver running up his spine. A snort escaped him in response.
"Oh yes, you must take care around us prissy sorts."
Sometimes he forgot that Rafa had no idea his own propensity for violence. Honestly, he'd rather keep that sort of thing from his lover as long as possible. It's not like he was particularly proud of those skills anyway, given the fact he was a healer.
Then again, Rafa probably wouldn't care. The man was a mystery sometimes.

He pressed his lips into Rafa's just slightly in return, for the kiss was chaste enough, and then sat back to watch the fae set up camp. He took a few more drinks of water before finally standing and making his way to their new camp.
"Sounds like an excellent plan to me. And I do hope you mean 'resting', as in more than a few hours in between your particular cravings?"

Rhindeer

Rafa looked up from his work and gave Lukas a very dry look. "With the way you're puffing now, I'm afraid lovemaking would slay you," he said, having finished anchoring the stakes.

"Not that it wouldn't be a lovely way to die, if given the chance. There are worse ways. But it would be rather awkward on my end, I must admit."

He finished up the foundation, then threw the tarp over it, thus creating their modest shelter. It was nothing to write home about, but it was enough to protect them from the elements. After inspecting the tent to be sure it was sturdy, Rafa began dragging their bedrolls inside and setting those up as well. He poked his head out and motioned for Lukas to come inside.

"Awkward, and tragic. I don't plan on letting you die anytime soon."

Blue

Rafa got a light boot in the rump in reply. Crossing his arms, Lukas set back to watching, noting that the dizziness was negligible now.
"Awkward indeed."
But he had a point - not a bad way to go out, eh? Haha...

Once all was set and ready, he went to his knees and shuffled into the makeshift tent.
"Glad to hear it. At least, I think so...though with the way you wear me out..."
He grinned mildly as he stripped his boots off and settled into his bedroll. Nights on mountains were pretty chill, so a few extra layers would be a good thing - it wasn't the first time he'd slept in his clothes, and it wouldn't be the last.

Rhindeer

Rafa snorted at the boot-to-the-rump and looked over his shoulder at Lukas with a playful growl. Oh, well someone was obviously well enough to pick on him! When Lukas retreated to the tent, Rafa was quick to follow suit, but he didn't bother to kick off his boots or slide into his own bedroll.

Instead, he pounced Lukas--a gentle pounce, more like he straddled his body with his legs on either side of his body and his hands on either side of Lukas's head so as not to put weight on him. His tail was raised and swished back and forth like a cat that had just caught prey and, grinning, he leaned down and pressed his lips to Lukas's.

"For kicking me," he said. "Because I'm nice and won't kick back. Not while you're...decrepit."

He brushed hair back from Lukas's face and let his fingers linger on his forehead. "How are you feeling?" he asked, head tilted. "Is there anything else you need? Food? More water?"

Blue

An eyebrow arched over dark green eyes as his lover silently straddled him.
"Ooh? What's this?"
He had a crooked grin on his young face, but soon enough his lips were otherwise engaged. He enjoyed the pressure of Rafa's mouth, and gave him a parting lick of appreciation.

And then he snorted at that comment, before reaching up and giving one of the fae's nipples a pinch through his clothes.
"I'm not so helpless yet."
He grumbled, but still couldn't help the mild grin on his face. He liked Rafa best when he was being playful, even if there was a splash of snarkiness in there as well. It wasn't anything he couldn't handle, being rather sharp tongued himself.

The gentle touch along his brow reminded him that Rafa was still in fact worried. He couldn't be flippant about it, not after what had happened before. It was best to take it seriously, and he gave long consideration to how he was feeling before answering.
"I'm alright for now. Dizziness is gone, and no spots in my eyes."
His grin turned into a soft smirk.
"Though I could use an extra source of warmth here in my bedroll. I hear that the best way to stay warm out here is pure body heat."
Hey. Rafa started it alright. He did the pouncy cat thing. And the kissing. He was allowed to want to get naked now, ok?? They didn't have to fool around...much.

Rhindeer

Rafa's grin widened and his fangs glinted wickedly in the dim light. He wriggled his hips against Lukas, the movement very calculated, his tail swishing lazily back and forth before flicking around so he could tickle under Lukas' chin with the tip. Well, well. More than anything, it was that statement that convinced Rafa that Lukas was well. If he was truly feeling ill, he wouldn't have suggested something like that.

And far be it for Rafa to disagree!

It was a very practical suggestion!

"Is that all I am to you? A heat source?" he teased, but didn't let Lukas answer. He leaned in and kissed him, one hand coming up to cup his chin while the other slid beneath Lukas' shirt, fingers splayed against his belly. He pulled lightly at his lover's lip as he withdrew and licked his own lips after, a mischievous smirk on his face.

"Well then, love," he said, tugging at Lukas's shirt and nibbling along the rim of his ear, his voice lowering to a husky purr, "why don't we get you out of this, hmm? It's easier to share body heat when there's nothing between the bodies." His tongue soon followed the path of his teeth. "I'll make sure you don't get chilled."

Blue

And that very calculated wriggle caused the desired shiver of delight to shoot straight up Lukas' spine. Honestly, the fae really knew how to push all the right buttons...when did he learn how to turn him on so easily? Hm, maybe they were doing it too much...
Was there such a thing as 'too much'?

Mouth engaged again, he happily took the opportunity to indulge, shivering at the nip.
"That's right...a very attractive heat source."
Sighing contentedly, he laid back and let his lover tease him as much as he liked, his own hands running idly up and down Rafa's thighs.
"I agree. And I certainly don't doubt your ability to make me work up a sweat, heh."
He snuck his hands up into Rafa's top as well, lifting it up, eager to be 'warmed up'.

Rhindeer

Lukas slipping his hands under his shirt was all the prompting he needed. Disengaging from his lover briefly, Rafa grabbed the hem of his tunic, stripped it off, and tossed it to the side of the tent. Then he made short work of his breeches while he was at it, and grinned wickedly down at Lukas, bare but undisturbed by the cold. Granted, it was warmer in the tent than outside, but he was sure it wasn't warm enough to Lukas's liking yet, too.

"Your turn," he said, and yanked Lukas's shirt off of him without warning. But before he could start moaning about the chill, Rafa decided to give him something else to moan about instead. Unlacing Lukas's breeches, he wasted no time in freeing his cock and taking him, deeply, into his much hotter mouth.

Well, that was one way to warm him up!

Blue

Laying back, Lukas enjoyed the show, however short it was. It still tended to amaze him how quickly his lover could switch from idle teasing, to completely earnest lovemaking. Sometimes he forgot, and it flat-out surprised him. Those were usually the days where he found himself face down on a soft surface before knowing what even hit him.
Not that he could find reason to complain about that.

He got out little more than a muffled sound as his shirt was unceremoniously stripped from him, and came out of it chuckling softly.
Which was abruptly changed into a gasp of pleasant alarm. His hips rolled somewhat in spite of himself, and he had to try and collect his wits and get his mouth to stop hanging open so he could form words rather than moans of appreciation.
"You know...I've always liked...how you get...straight to the point..."
He managed more of his wry humor, but he was already shivering now and again, from pleasure and the chill air both. One other thing that he both enjoyed, and was miffed by, was the fact that their lovemaking was always so easily swept up into Rafa's pace. Lukas was far from inexperienced in the bedroom (not that he'd ever willingly expose just HOW experienced), but there was just something about Rafa's straight-forward, feral approach to things that ended up leaving him breathless and following his lead.
Some days it was incredibly frustrating, and he relished any opportunity to turn the tables.

For now, unfortunately, all he could do was grab Rafa's pink hair roughly.

@Rhi-Rhi

Rhindeer

Rafa's mouth was full, and rather than pause what he was doing, answered Lukas's praise with a throaty, "Mhmm..." It always amused him just how surprised Lukas was each and every time, even after all the times they'd done this.

It was kind of adorable. Humans were so weird!

In any case, Lukas was far too coherent right now! Rafa aimed to fix that, to pleasure him until he was no longer capable of complete sentences, and he redoubled his efforts. He swirled his tongue around the head and sucked gently on it, then dipped his head down and dragged his teeth lightly along his shaft as he took him in as far as he could go, again and again, pausing every now and then to pop him out of his mouth so he could lick teasingly along his length and nibble him with his lips. What his mouth didn't cover, his hand stroked as he worked, moving in time to the efforts of his mouth, and his other hand was far from idle.

He ran his nails over Lukas's inner thigh and then slipped down between his legs to caress his balls, gently massaging them to enhance his pleasure--and moaning in pleasure of his own, and not just because Lukas was gripping his hair. He loved this, loved the taste of him, loved listening to Lukas's moans, loved hearing the change in breathing, loved feeling his little twitches and squirms, all the little things that told him he was doing a good job. His tail swayed behind him like a contented cat and he lifted his eyes so he could watch Lukas's face.

There were few things better to Rafa than bringing pleasure to the one he adored--and he certainly adored Lukas.