Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Find Your Zen Place [Rhi!]

Started by Blue, May 18, 2014, 11:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue

As it turned out, the garden was a wonderful suggestion. Not that he doubted the Queen's word about her own abode. Still, she seemed to have an uncanny understanding of him already, and they'd only just met. Hopefully, it would make for a good working relationship - though he well knew that sometimes it worked in the opposite.
With the help of the servant (honestly, this was the first job where he'd ever been given such treatment), he made it to the aforementioned tree and settled down in the cool shade. Settling into a calm, relaxed pose, Ghost focused on the soft sounds around him. The water and rustling leaves were perfect, and the smell of not so distant blooms was just sweet enough. Honestly, this might become his new meditation ground, assuming he could find what times it was least likely to be used by others.
There would be a room waiting for him soon, made to his specifications. He had a lovely spot to clear his mind. His new employer was, from his estimate (which was always pretty good), a gracious one.
Smiling ever so slightly, he tried to remember not to get too ahead of himself. Life was good, yes, but he was going to have to earn this lifestyle. And when you are employed by the ruler of an entire country, the jobs would be no small feats.

Rhindeer

Unfortunately for Ghost, there would be no peace for him.

For he wasn't alone in the gardens.

On the opposite side, beneath a flowering magnolia enchanted to bloom year round, Valor Liira, youngest son of Queen Di'Veera's latest paramour, was taking full advantage of their visit here. While his mother was off doing whatever (perhaps the Queen herself), he had gone off to flirt with the servant girls. There was a pretty, innocent one he saw every time he came here, and he was bound and determined to get into that bulging bodice of hers--which was laced far too tight, and which he would be more than happy to loosen for her!

He caught up to her as she was crossing through the gardens on a break and had drawn her under the shade of the tree. Over the last few weeks, he had gotten some kisses out of her, but she would go no farther. She blushed, she flirted, she teased, but she kept her skirts down around her legs and claimed she was too busy and had to return to her work before she was missed. Today, he was no more victorious. After a few passionate kisses, she pulled away from him and motioned to the laundry basket she was hauling, her cheeks pink and lips swollen from kisses.

"I'd love to stay, but I can't," she whispered, and shot nervous looks around the area--which grew all the more nervous when she spotted Ghost and saw they weren't alone. "I must get back to my work, sir! I'm truly sorry!"

"I'm a Lord, you know," Valor said, plucking a blossom from the tree and tucking it behind the woman's ear. "I'm sure I could pull some strings."

"It's because you're a Lord that I hesitate!" the woman said, and picked up the basket, even as she flushed and hesitated. It was clear she didn't want to leave as much as he didn't want her to go. "Surely your mother would kill me if she knew!"

"What?" Oh. So then she hadn't heard of his reputation? That might be true for some noble families, but his mother was the last person who cared where he sowed his wild oats! His family already had their heir, and he was last to inherit. His title meant little. "Ah, I see. Actually, that isn't much of a problem at--"

"Drat! I'm going to be late!" the woman said suddenly, glancing skyward. "I really must be off!"

And then she was gone, bustling away and toward a pair of heavy double doors, which the guards opened for her.

Drat, indeed. Servant girls could be so high strung! Not at all like the bar wenches he loved.

Licking his lips and tasting a hint of wax and cheap pigment--ahh, so she'd painted her lips for him after all! He had suspected--he wiped the rest off with his fingers and straightened out his rumpled coat. Bored now, for the castle was rather dull aside from the food, drink, and women, he glanced over at the stranger.

He'd never seen that guy before, and he certainly wasn't dressed like nobility, servant, or guard, and his appearance beyond his clothing intrigued him.

Especially when he noticed the diamond embedded in his brow. A diamond he had, at first, thought was just part of a circlet or something. But maybe it was just adhered on.

Huh. He was kinda pretty, too.

Crossing over to him, he stood a short distance away with his arms folded and head tilted. "Having a good daydream?" he asked, noting the man's smile.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Blue

He had settled quite well into a meditative state by then, already tuning out the majority of any outside feedback from those who happened to pass by. He felt fairly certain that if anyone wished him harm, he would sense it before they drew close enough to act, and so he'd let his guard down somewhat. Not normal on his first day in a new place, but the castle gardens certainly had lulled him.

The sharp sensation of...ahem, ardor, sliced through his meditative calm. Someone approached, and while the sensation of desire was fading from them, it was still strong enough to make Ghost a mite uncomfortable. He let the smile fade even as the question was posed to him, and he tilted his head up so that his covered eyes would be facing his sudden 'guest'.
"Ah, no sir. Simply reflecting upon good fortunes, while they last. I hope my presence has not disturbed you?"

@Rhi-Rhi

Rhindeer

"Not at all! I didn't even notice you were there. Until now, obviously," Valor said, and leaned casually against the tree with his arms folded.

"No need for formalities, either. I'm only a Lord in title and little else. I'm Valor! And you're pretty cute. You new around here?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tags: