Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Once Upon A Dream

Started by visualspice, June 18, 2014, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

With a rigid nod, Zannrick stepped before Solita.
"You will follow me closely. Do not stray for one second, is that clear?" he told her, but when Killian took a step forward as if to join them, Zannrick's icy blue eyes cut like daggers towards him.
"You will remain here."

But it was the Grand Duke's voice that interjected now as he said, "Allow the soldier to go with you."

Zannrick turned to Calent with a bow.

"It would be wise he know the layout of the West Wing as well. He will be a guest here as well. And his position will be discussed once the mage is settled." And with a nod, he gestured for Zannrick and them to leave.

Turning around, Zannrick remained a cold figure head, leading both Killian and Solita through each winding hall. He pointed out the areas she could not go to, what her boundaries were, and all of the rules. They were simple enough- remain in the West Wing on this floor, and go no where else. There was plenty on this floor, though it consisted of guest rooms primarily, and a music room at the end of the Hall. Though the Grand Duke had many music rooms, as they passed it, Zannrick informed her, "This is the Grand Duke's personal music hall." And he looked to Killian as he said, "Neither are permitted without the Grand Duke's word."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita felt more and more like a caged bird, and she could feel her cage growing smaller and smaller. So many places she couldn't go, even within the floor and wing she was allowed to wonder she had off limit areas. What was she suppose to spend her day time doing? Dusting the other guest rooms?

visualspice

Killian saw her expression and though she said not a word, he squeezed her hand discretely in attempts to comfort her.
"Don't worry. I'm sure it won't be hard to memorize this place and the places you're allowed to visit. Think of it as a vacation of some sort... you know, a vacation er.. in the Grand Duke's.. palace?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Solita shot Killian a look. She couldn't see any resemblance to where she was and a vacation. She was in a prison, a place in which she was expected to help her captor. It wasn't anything like a vacation. She made mental notes as they walked the wing, she didn't want to make any mistake that would lead her to be thrown into the mage camps.

visualspice

Killian sighed, wilted even as he saw that look.
"Look, I'm sorry," he went on, still following the mordecai who was showing them yet another guest room. "I didn't mean to make you angry."

paganchick

Solita looked down with a deep sigh.
"You didn't, but I am walking in a field of boobie-traps, this is stressful for me, nothing like a vacation," Solita replied in a whisper. 

visualspice

Killian felt a knot form in his throat, but before he could say another word, Zannrick's voice cut through their moment.

"Are you two coming? There's still another hallway left for us to see." And he stood there at attention and waited for the pair to come follow, and as they obeyed, Killian followed silently, and apologetically, at her side.

paganchick

Solita followed silently, she could only guess what was down the last hall. Probably only another guest room. She sighed, she could only imagine how drab her time at the palace was going to be. On the bright side though, she would be fed on a regular basis and get to sleep in a bed.

visualspice

Killian followed silently behind the cold toned mordecai. He got the feeling, as much as the Grand Duke might need help from someone like Solita, she'd have a difficult time here. Much more difficult than when she was working in the army camp. He turned to Solita as they walked and offered her a small smile.

"Chin up. At least you know you'll be protected here," he whispered. "No place is safer now than the palace."

paganchick

Solita nodded, "I won't have to worry about any ambushes, like at the barracks," she spoke with a nod, remembering how horrid it was. She shivered, almost glad to be locked in the maze of boredom.

visualspice

"Yes," he told her softly, still smiling. "And you'll be treated well here, despite... well, despite that you know magic. Who knows.." he went on, his voice still low. "If the Grand Duke is pleased that a mage is able to help him.. perhaps... perhaps it'll be some means to the end of this war."

Though it seemed far fetched, he was still young, still hopeful- and the war had not quite yet destroyed who he was.

paganchick

Solita sighed. She doubted what he said, there was so much hate from both sides, so much tension. She couldn't see the end of the war, not a permanent one that was. As long as mages were persecuted, they would rebel, and she couldn't see an end to that. She absent mindedly rubbed the mark, the scar that announced to the world what she was.

"Maybe," She finally answered back.

visualspice

Zannrick paused before a pair of double doors, looking pensive as he announced, "And here is the western balcony. You can go out here if you'd like. But don't think about escaping. It's a very long drop down." And without so much as going outside, the mordecai continued down the hall briskly.

paganchick

Solita stood before the doors for a long moment, staring at them. Her only time spend outside would be on the balcony. She found it hard to look away from the giant doors. She wondered why Zannrick didn't open them. She sighed, her hand brushing against the cool door before she ripped her gaze from them. She had to all but run to catch up with her tour guide, the man showing her her boundaries, a man who hated her simply for existing.

visualspice

When the tour had concluded, Zannrick stood before the pair of them, his hands clasped behind himself and his chin raised high.

"I hope you were able to remember all of the places I've pointed out to you. But should you have questions, ask them now."
For he knew he had more pressing matters than her to attend to. But it was Killian that spoke up as he lifted his blue eyes' to Zannrick's.

"I have a question."

And Zannrick cut a sharp look to Killian.

"To visit her... what must I do? Who must I ask? I promised Solita I would watch over her- and General Serenus, he-"

Zannrick cut the man off with a sigh and said, "All requests must go through either myself, or the mordecai on duty on this floor. You could even ask the Grand Duke himself, but he is always busy, so it is wise to remain out of his way."

"I see..." Killian gave a nod, while Zannrick asked,

"Any other questions?"

paganchick

Solita looked down at the floor with a gentle sigh. She had to see the positives in her captivity, she had to stay positive in general.
"No Sir," She spoke softly, her arms gently wrapped around her waist. She knew that things were once more going to change again. She doubted she would see much of Killian, Zannrick didn't like her, true she did nothing to gain is disfavor, but she couldn't change what she was.

visualspice

"Good, then you may go to your room to.prepare. The grand duke has selected clothing for.you to wear while you are a guest. He will see you to speak again within the hour." And with a short nod, the mordecai left.

paganchick

Solita nodded before turning towards Killian.
"I must go get ready," Solita spoke softly as she looked up at the soldier. She toyed with the ragged edges of her sleeves nervously. She didn't want to say goodbye. She didn't want him to leave but she knew him well enough to know he wouldn't go in her room while she was changing.

visualspice

Killian gave a nod.
"Alright." And he gave a second nod, his eyes softening.
"Just be yourself, I'm sure you'll be fine." And he bowed his head deeper.
"I'll come see you again next chance I can."

paganchick

Solita so desperately wanted to feel Killian's arms around her but she knew it was unwise. She didn't want anyone to be more suspicious of Killian that what they might already be so she kept her distance.

She bowed her head, she couldn't muster the words to say, and she refused to say good bye. She she waved awkwardly and made her way to her room where she washed up in the water basin in the room. She looked into the looking glass above. She didn't quiet look herself with no dirt smudged across her face, She sighed, staring at herself. She cleaned up okay, nothing too special, but not ugly. She brushed her hair with a sigh. Her hair would be all but impossible to do anything with. It was short, too short to put up. She sighed and pulled herself away from the looking glass and made her way to the large window in her room. It had a seat built in. It seemed like a good place to curl up and watch the outside world pass by. At least in the castle she would be fed and relatively safe. Looking out the window is where she spent her time, waiting to be called for by the Grand Duke once more.