Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Returning home (open)

Started by Nahashsan, March 04, 2023, 05:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahashsan

Soules left the inn and from shop to shop looking but not buying much. Part of it was him being pick and part of it was he just needed to stretch his legs after watching over Althea for so long.

After a long time he settled on a tan long sleeve shirt, a green vest and black trousers. He decided to keep the riding boots. He also got a new saber, one that was less ornate than the officers sword he normally wore.

On his way back, Soules stopped to check on Max. While in the stable he got the feeling something wasn't right. He had a weird ringing in his ear. Moving to the exit he had just stepped in to the street when a large explosion rocked the town.

Picking himself up he could see smoke bellowing from the north gatehouse. The streets were littered with glass as the shock had broken all the windows.

He rushed back to the inn and up the stairs to check on Althea.

visualspice

Althea had barely fallen back to sleep when the explosion happened. She was snapped to her senses, the burning fever an after thought, as she scrambled out of bed.

She could smell, whatever that had caused it- an acrid smell- curling in all around her. Douzen was barking as she all but threw herself from the window to try and figure out just what was going on.

There was panic down below- and she couldn't make heads or tails of it and wasn't sure she should count herself lucky the place she rested hadn't been the source of that explosion- but then her heart sank at idea...

Soules.. that soldier..
 He..

She threw the door open, and all but ran into Soules as she rounded down the stairs. She managed to catch herself against him.

Ansgar's name.. he was okay!

"What happened!? Are you okay?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nahashsan

Soules took the stairs two at a time as he ran up them. He nearly ran Althea over as they meet at the door. 

"There was a explosion at the gatehouse, I suspect fowl play. I was going to investigate but I needed to know you were ok first."

visualspice

Althea started. He had to check on her, first? Before she could process the flutter inside her belly, Douzen was pressing against her legs and she gestured down the stairs.

"I'm alright.  But if you can help others, don't be held back on account of me." She patted Douzen on the head, giving a good scritch to his ears.

"Douzen will stay with me."

She wasn't sure she ought to join him- but she wasn't sure she was simply going to remain inside while the world outside was on fire and exploding.

Was it an attack? Ansgar's name..
If so.. what could she even do?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nahashsan

"Stay away from the windows and I'll be back as fast as I can" he ruffled Douzen's ears before turning and rushing down the stairs.

In the street chaos still rained. The gatehouse was now fully engulfed in flames. As he approached the heat was oppressive.

Out of the corner of his eyes he saw a robed figure disappear down a alleyway. He turned and gave chase.

visualspice

Curiosity got the better of her- despite having nodded in agreement to stay there. She followed him down the hall and peaked outside. It was total chaos- then when Soules took off, so did Douzen. Althea gasped, calling after the dog but her words were lost in the crowd.

She almost crumpled when she tried to snatch at her dog- bit it was too late- and soon Douzen was rushing past Soules and towards the runner. 

Nahashsan

Soules was at a full sprint when Douzen passed him. He tried to catch up but was already giving it his all. "Here boy" he called after the dog.

He drew his sword as he gave chase. The figure disappeared around a corner. He slowed down as he came to the blind corner.

visualspice

She couldn't just let Douzen rush off like that.  What was that damned dog thinking? So she made chase, soon catching up to Soules when she realized her dog had moved out of sight.

"Soules?" She asked him quietly as she approached his side. 

Nahashsan

Pausing to catch his breath, Soules was startled but the soft voice at his side. He had been so focused on the cloaked figure that he didn't notice her approach.

"What are you doing out here? It could still be dangerous." He ask with concern.

visualspice

"Why else? Douzen ran this way."
But she frowned at what he said and shook her head.  "I know it can be dangerous- but I'm not about to just let my dog run into trouble alone." Her frown deepened  
"Did you see him run past this way?"

Then she heard his distinctive bark.

"Douzen!" And moved suddenly in that direction.