Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tools of Conquest [Goblin]

Started by Juno, September 29, 2012, 01:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Remina hummed distractedly in affirmation, emptying the pot and filling it with fresh water to heat over the fire. While she waited she got the plate from the table with an almost-stale piece of bread and set butter beside it along with a knife that she almost didn't include. It wasn't too sharp, there wasn't that much risk of him using it as a weapon. His thoughts didn't seem violent anyway, only...some form of embarrassment. Over what she couldn't quite pinpoint, not really seeing a connection with the blanket and clothes until she turned around to face him again and there he was looking all disheveled.

His eagerness surprised her, but then she hadn't really told him how serious she was, that she intended on returning him to his home and to his mother so that he couldn't cause her any trouble. If he was really from as far away as he'd said the guards wouldn't care or remember his little incident by the time he managed to return. It was no grand crime, they'd just think he was crazy.

"Here," she offered softly, holding out the small plate to him expectantly, eyes dilated wide with alertness. "We may go whenever you're ready, there's no rush." Tilting her head slightly to eye the bread her lips curled into a half-smile as she lifted her eyes to stare at him again instead. "I'm not really hungry, but I'll have tea with you when it's ready."

After a too-long stretch of silence and staring Remina snapped her head to the side to eye the steaming pot. No whistling yet. She had a few minutes at least so the demon took a seat next to the nobleman, not really sure how or when she should give him any more honesty about her intentions. There was no way he was going back to the city. At least not her city.

"You don't have to be polite. You don't really like it here, do you? Out in the middle of nowhere, old house, bad tea... You didn't sleep well either, did you?" she wondered aloud, careful to phrase her words in a way that would be difficult for him to navigate without inadvertently insulting her. Unless he was careful. She couldn't quite admit to herself that she liked seeing him stumble over his words a little.

GoblinFae

Benjamin accepted the plate gratefully with a polite nod of his head. He ate his food in silence, pausing only hen she broke the silence again to ask after the state of her hospitality. The nobleman wiped his mouth carefully before smoothing out the lines of his clothing and sitting up straight.

"I find your home while older, quite charming," he replied carefully. "I have always found that a more lived-in place creates a greater sense of home than some fancy new facade. You should not besmirch the merits of having such a lovely property. As for sleep, if you're truly asking, no it as not the best I've ever had but it was far better than sleeping in that awful cell. I'm afraid though I am a gentleman who much prefers his own home and bed though so it is no fault of your own that my picky standards could not be appeased. I did not honestly expect you to try and yet you have and I am eternally grateful," he stated with a sincere bow of his head.

"Thank you truly for all your hospitality."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

She was impressed with his honesty and how he'd managed to navigate her questions, smirking to herself as she poured the remade tea and brought both cups with her as she went to sit down beside him. Only once her own was balanced delicately on her lap did she reach to offer him his cup back with an uncertain, "Try it now."

Once she was settled and satisfied with trying her own tea she lifted her head to speak again, feeling somewhat compelled to continue their conversation and keep his thoughts occupied away from returning to the city. There was something soothing about his honesty anyway, at least when it seemed like good things. "I can respect that, I'm sure everyone feels similarly about their sleep. But- Thank you. I know you are being honest and I appreciate that. I don't think it's picky to like things a particular way. Everyone has their own standards, don't they?"

Remina shrugged softly, sipping at her tea thoughtfully. "At least they should if they want to ever get what they want from life. Or at least strive for it. I'm sorry- I've gone a bit further than furnishings and blankets... Where did you say you call home again? North somewhere?"

GoblinFae

"Oh thank you kindly," he intoned softly as he accepted the cup form her with both hands. He blew gently on it before taking a tentative sip. "Much better thank you." Benjamin smiled genuinely to her before allowing the cup to rest in his hand to cool further. As she attempted to derail his thoughts from one direction he ended up having them flip from where she was headed as well. "There is no need to thank me for honesty. It should not be considered something special but an expected norm. It is those that lie that are abhorrent," he told her with a firm nod of his head.

Benjamin sipped daintily at his tea, draining the cup with a soft hum before setting it back down. "Aye and I know my standards are higher than most people's, no offense to the kind hostess of course. But, ah yes home! I'm from Fallial. That's in Serendipity you know," he told her leaning in slightly as he explained like he were talking to a young child. "That point is moot though. I still have to finish my business with the tradeswoman or I won't be able to afford the travel back home. ON top of that there's that whole jail misunderstanding," his mind circled back to his reason for being there. "So when are we leaving then? I really would like to get my name cleared before I head on my way. I can't exactly continue to do business here without doing so." He laughed weakly while worrying his hands in his lap.

"Um thank you for the tea and your hospitality again. Quite refreshing and not at all what I expected. So yes, thank you."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

She'd watched closely as he'd drunk his tea, tense and waiting for some complaint. When nothing came and he'd drained his cup the demon was able to fully relax and enjoy her own, pleased at least that her hospitality was being appreciated and enjoyed.

Pleased that he was finally telling her where he'd come from she nodded along, letting him speak about the silly fantasy of returning to the city while she made a mental calculation of how long it might take to make the trek to Fallial if he was being truly honest. As far as she was concerned they needed no money to travel besides the occasional stop at an inn, and she had coin enough for that. There would be no comfy carriage nor swift horseback for the naive child as long as she had any control over the matter. He would eat what she hunted and not cause her anymore trouble with the locals.

Not wanting to lie to him outright she simply nodded along and smiled at his musings. "You're welcome. I don't receive guests often so I'm glad this was to your liking." It had kept him quiet at least, no moping or whining.

"We can leave whenever you're ready, do you need time to gather your things?" she asked, standing to take their cups away to the kitchen. There she filled a bag with what little food she had that would keep well for him on the road, mostly breads and fruit. She would hunt whatever else he needed when the time came. Stuffing the cat into a bag would certainly be the last item on her list, and would be done in secret if she could manage it so as not to alert Benjamin to her plans.