Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Victor's Cabin (OPEN)

Started by Erolith, November 12, 2018, 09:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erolith

Near the edge of the woods but still relatively deep enough from the outer area's lay a cabin home to Victor. He'd spend most of his time here coming up with different concoctions while drinking away the hours. He would sing to himself as he put a few berries in a jar, grinding them with some leaves and cutting his hand to feel the jar with his blood. Sealing his newly concocted paste, he'd place it on a shelf as he got back to work.

His cabin wasn't large, but it wasn't small either. He consisted of a master room which was his, but also had three guest bedrooms. The front area was more of a lounging area that he turned into a lab. The cabin itself was made from red cedar and possessed a stone like foundation. There was a long porch on the outside with a few sitting chairs and some empty bottles of alcohol. Many would say that the cabin fit how comfortable Victor was with himself.

Part of the reason he built the place was to help anyone in need of care or assistance, and sometimes for a price, security. The security was never needed and he hardly asked for money, but these have been stranger days.

Stepping outside of his cabin for a moment with a closed flask in his right he decided to take in the greenery of the forest. Day break had just begun and the sun was peeking through the thicket of branches and leaves shining a soft golden light over green pastures where the cabin had been located. Walking down the steps Victor began follwing a trail he created making it easier for any travelers to find his place for some refuge. His cabin was respectfully hidden from the outside world in a sense of if you've never seen it yourself then you'd have no clue where it was or if it even existed. He liked keeping things that way. His potions and tonics were one of a kind, he loved helping but not for exploitation.

Even though he has sold a few of his bottles to neighboring lands and countries they have all been on the hush hush about his services which he thanks them deeply for. Being a vanutei might have a whole lot of benefits, but it isn't something to be flaunting about, in case the wrong ears know who you are and what you are about.

Victor continued to pick through the berries and leaves of bushes placing them all in a satchel he brought with him.

Oooh! Are we making a new potion?! Can I help??

His terra spirit as rambunctious as ever never knew when to be quiet. Though his terra spirit could only communicate telepathically with him, it almost made Victor seem crazy to others if he'd randomly start talking to himself. He'd ignore him for a minute before walking back to the cabin.

Awh! C'mon tell me Victor! I wanna help!

Victor let out a large sigh and opened up his flask guzzling whatever liquid was inside of it. Closing the top he wiped his mouth with his sleeve and continued to walk inside the cabin.

"Out of all the Terra spirits Gaia could gift me with...she gives me you. Saris I'll say this once and I'll say it again. I am only making generic tonics right now. I'll need your assistance later when I make the Essence" Vicotor said hoping that would keep Saris quiet for the time being. The two loved each other, but it was more of a Father-son relationship or Big brother-little brother relationship.

Oooh! Yay! You better let me help when it happens!

Miriad_Vegetables

The climate in the woods that day was temperate, if not on the cold side. The trees themselves seemed to shrink and wrap their limbs about their trunks against the mild chill, as fat wood pigeons sat in their nests, deeming it a day off from foraging and singing.

The Niahi Woods, still as a landscape painting, was punctuated by the laboured grunts and huffs of a squat figure, bushy blond beard brushing against the forest floor as he leaned full tilt against the load of his sled, trying to pull it inch by inch down the path he'd found.

The dwarf was red in the face from the effort, his skin flushed and sweat beading on his brow. He had already had to abandon much of his stock along the way as the pain in his joints grew too great over the course of his journey through the woods, where this terrible fate befell him.

Jondi Handorner's feet sluggishly skid against the ground, finding no purchase, before slumping against his sled, breathing heavy and flapping his arm for a water flask to relieve the burning sensation all over.  And as he brings the neck to his lips, he casts an eye back to reflect on his choices, and how they'd lead to his present condition.

Poisoned, as he was.

Self-administered of course. Jondi was many things, but he was no more an alchemist than a fighter. He knew herbs well and plants too, but in making his mushroom stew a few white-speckled toadstools may have found their way into the broth without his notice, already suffering from a flu clogging his senses. Now, he was paying the price, each breath an effort, even keeping his eyes open an uphill battle.

What he would have done for a companion at that moment, however fleeting they may be. Jondi was a solitary soul, but perhaps if he wasn't so stubborn on keeping his own schedule he'd have a traveller to aid him through this, if he wasn't so stubborn he wouldn't have caught a flu in the first place out in the cold, if he wasn't so stubborn he wouldn't be wondering if cutting off his own head was a decent way to make the pain go away.

But no such luck, he was still stubborn as anything, and maybe it was because he was stubborn he hadn't given in just yet.

With a bittersweet smile at the thought, he stumbles to his feet and pushes the sled into the bushes to conceal it, before turning to follow the path unburdened. Up until this point the way was obvious, but now he looked up a fork in the path had appeared, thanks to his vision going double, forcing him to edge along it.

What a sorry state for a man like him to suffer, taking pride in his health and constitution. And wouldn't it be just his luck, so much so that he was in fact certain that among the greenery around him there was probably a cure-all medicine, and he just couldn't see it.

Looking up at the sun as he walks, Jondi horks a glob of spittle into the grass. Its mixed with blood which was never a good sign but irregardless he puffed out his chest with false vigor, and began to march again. His condition deteriorating severely as time passed, he was determined to save his own skin.

He walked towards the white smoke in the distance.

Miriad_Vegetables

(Oops, ignore this, my mistake  :o)

Erolith

Sitting back down inside cabin, Victor began going through a book of his personal recipes. He lifted his glasses from his face to read his writing, revising it for any errors and any additions that needed to be made. Stepping up from his chair he walked across the room to the shelf with his potions and began doing an inventory check to make sure he had a healthy supply and variety of potions. A smirk on his face would indicate that he indeed had a good stock of things and more; he might have overdid it, but hey you can never have too many potions right?

He began going down the list once more just in case he missed something, "Paralysis heal, Antidote, Hair regrowth," His quill trailed down the list abruptly stopping at an item that paused him for a moment. His eyes glinted for a second as tears wanted to fall. Taking in a deep breath he read the words quietly, "V-Essence," turning around he walked back to the table he was sitting at. A black box lay on top of it with gold inscriptions on it reading 'My one and only'. He opened the box revealing a gleaming blue liquid in a fancy vial.

Mere moments passed before he closed the box and put it on the shelf. He hurried to his bedroom and grabbed a fresh flask of alcohol. Taking a deep swig he placed it back where it was and glanced at the emptiness of the cabin. He it was clear he was holding in more than he let on, but he had to keep pushing forward. Losing someone dear to you was never something people could get over so easily, but Victor was a veteran when it came to losing loved ones, it's a curse for being able to live so long.

Once he gathered himself he grabbed his booklet and walked out of his cabin. He was in need of some more ingredients but he also wanted to see if anyone was walking on the trail and was in need of any assistance. It was his daily routine. He has only ever met only so many people on the trail but the times he has met people they definitely were happy to see a friendly face, at least thats what he thought.

As he began to walk down the trail he  felt a stillness as if something was wrong.

You sense that two don't you Victor? Saris spoke to him as Victor scanned the area continuing to walk down the trail. It was in that moment he spotted someone. From a far it would appear to be a child, but taking a second glance he saw it was a troubled man. He hurried to their aide after placing his booklet in his back pocket. A part of him was excited to see a new face, it wasn't everyday someone walked down this path. Sometimes it could be weeks or months before a new face or old face appeared and when they did he couldn't contain himself half the time.

"Are you okay?" Victor said slowly approaching the man once he got closer making sure it was safe to proceed forward, "I have a cabin back that way down the trail. I'm hauled up here for travelers and myself primarily, but you look like you've had some rough days my friend," Victor gave the man a sincere smile.

Miriad_Vegetables

Jondi had his head buried in his hands, trying his best not to vomit, when he heard the approaching stranger. Looking up at the fellow, he kept looking up until his head was as far back as it'd go. The man before him was of human stature, well over Jondi's head, his sense of balance failing him and landing him flat on the seat of his pants as he came eye to eye with the young Samaritan.

"Better days very much so yes, I've run afoul of the forest once too many, hrrk"" Jondi coughed hard, using his beard as a handkerchief. The man's offer was tempting, a smooth lilt as well, but Jondi was a proud soul and didn't want to appear a burden. However, when he started breaking out in cold shivers to match the intensity of his fever the choice was made for him. He doubled over coughing, before looking up with watery eyes.

Jondi swallowed his stubborn nature, "mIsturr, What ever yer reason for livin' out here I am surely glad you found me, I don't feel long for tHiss worhld if'n I don't find myself somewhere warm soon." Trying for a smile, Jondi says "I'll happ'ly 'company you home, if you'd only help me stand?"

He tries himself, his knee buckling and him landing face down in the dirt, groaning.

A fine introduction.

Erolith

Victor stared at the man showing him signs of sympathy. He knew the small man wasn't feeling well just by his demeanor. Soon the man spoke revealing he was in fact in a great deal of pain. A small smirk appeared on Victor's face. He knew this was the opportunity he yearned for a long time. Business was business after all. Soon thereafter the man fell into the dirt as Victor immediately aided him up. He placed a hand on his forehead and cheek, checking his temperature. He was obviously not well.

"Is this everything you have? My cabin has several rooms in it so don't worry about space," Victor lifted the tiny man up and slouched him on his back securing his position so it was comfortable for the both of them, "My name is Victor Del Kuni," He spoke. He was going over the list of potions and tonics in his head to make sure he actually had the right one for this man, but after getting a feel for his fever he knew he might need more than he had originally thought.

Victor pointed in the direction of the cabin revealing that it wasn't much further away from where they were. At the same time he also remained stationed in his current spot in case the man had more to say before heading to the cain.

Miriad_Vegetables

The short man's body then went slack as he was hefted onto the taller man's back like so many potatoes in a sack. Head lolling to one side, he responded to Victor's generous offer, "M'sled. Its behind them there bushes... I didn't get very far after 'bandoning her."

Lifting his head he turned to speak into his saviour's ear, "Th'sled is yours Vuh... Victor, I'm mighty thankful, verrry, put me up in a comfy room to meet my end." He suddenly bursts into a fit of giggles as stars burst across his vision, only to fall back against the Potion-maker and say in a deadly serious tone, "S'poison! I poison'd m'self friend...thank ye. I'm not long for this world."

Jondi smacked his lips together, as he felt them go numb making what came next a garbled mess, "M'namis Jondi Horndooor, putit onm'gravy." Jondi closed his eyes and awaited his death, but when it didn't arrive within 7 seconds, he opened one eye to check he wasn't mistaken.

He enjoyed the view of the sky instead, and fell silent, having come to terms with his sudden and absolute death as he has in the past 2 minutes, a lot of grief was lifted from Jondi's shoulders, much of it repressed, and he began to cry.

Erolith

Victor nodded at the small man when he tipped him off on the location of his sled. Extended a free arm in the direction of the sled he used the power of his Terra spirit and transformed his arm into that of a titan. His arm quickly changed from skin to stone tripling in size as he carefully grasped the sled from the bushes. He lifted his arm up as he he carried the sled overhead walking in the direction of the cabin. He wasn't overly fond of using his abilities in front of just anyone but this man wasn't just anyone and Victor sensed that.

"Lucky for you the poison isn't at all fatal. Well compared to what I have it isn't fatal at all," Victor guided the tiny man, to his surprise he made it back faster than he had antcipated. He sat the sled on the large porch and hurried inside locking the door behind him. Kicking his shoes off he quickly paced himself to the first guest room in the house. It had a king sized bed, a large wardrobe, a large window with curtains, and two nightbstands; each with a lantern. The flooring was rugged but one could tell the foundation was constructed by rounded logs.

He lay the man on the bed just before he darted out the room into the front living room area. He grabbed the potion he had made earlier. He knew it was the perfect ingredients needed for this predicament.

"I need you to drink this. It'll rid you of the poison, and should restore your strength if I mixed it right," Victor popped the top off and poured soke of the liquid in the mans mouth hoping it would go down.

Miriad_Vegetables

In his delusional mind at least, Victor's reassurances were merciful lies for the dying. Were his father to see where his reckless eating had gotten him, he would surely be disappointed, that disjointed thought being the cause of his weeping.
Another thing he couldn't believe Victor's arm undergoing some sort of metamorphosis doo-hicky and plucking his sled up between two titanic fingers, before shuttling both off to a cabin along the path. Jondi's only bleary comment in an astounded whisper-mumble was "I wanna do dat, why cannae do dat." before falling into a stupor.

The room he was deposited in was one of the finest Jondi had ever witnessed, whether he was conscious of it or not, Victor treating guests better than most family it seemed. Just as Jondi was settling into his death bed, Victor returned with an elixir.

The dwarf sputtered on the potion but swallowed enough of the mixture, which took affect in short order. First his body and mind were bathed in coolness, before pins and needles covered him from head to toe as feeling returned to his body, and his mind became sharp and focused once more.

Jondi blinked, and looked around the room as if for the first time. He lifted his hands up and inspected them, clenched them and realised that the episode he didn't even know he was having, was over. The grief and the giddiness of before were replaced with true relief as Jondi sank back into the pillows, alive. Sitting upright suddenly, he turned to the kind healer,

"Victor Del Kuni, What'n ever sorta person you may be, I owe you my life. An' I... I cannae possibly repay you." his expression a mixture of relief, awe, gratitude and shame.

almighyxcavus

The morning rounds have been completed. All trees, flora and fauna were accounted for. Most of the forest being in a healthy condition. But the most dreadful part had only just begun. Wood pigeons and there "lovely" song that was the exact same every. single. morning.

At first this song is lovely and soothing to hear. Skip forward a couple centuries and nothing would be more satisfying than to just pipe their mouths shut for the rest of existence. Unfortunately Gaia would have a fit if Aetroskos even attempted such a thing. Nor does he have the will to do so anyways. 

After his routine death stare to said pigeons to get them to keep quiet for once. He sensed something, he didn't know what it was, it just seemed off.

Something is in grave danger. Mortals, without a doubt. Best to investigate rather than ponder.

Aestroskos flew towards this feeling. He arrived at a...cabin? Since when has there been a cabin in the woods? In his woods that he was supposed to guard and protect? And a big one nonetheless! How many trees would this person had to cut down in order to build this monstrosity.

Aetroskos landed in front of the cabin leveling his eye with one of the windows. His voice booming and clearly making the whole cabin shake.

"Owner of this cabin step foot outside immediately. Weapons sheathed lest you suffer the consequences."

Erolith

Victor stood by Jondi's side awaiting the results of his potion. He wasn't at all worried about it not working, consider it his overconfidence. He's been able to bring people back from the dead in perfect health, a gift he gained from Gaia or others would say he stole. Soon enough the potion kicked in and began healing Jondi from the inside out. A smile eroded across his face as he was pleased with the results of his concoction but even more so happy that Jondi was okay.

He kept an eye on the man as the potion began working its magic restoring both his health and strength. Once Jondi was fully restored he couldn't help but thank Victor for saving his life. Victor accepted his gratitude with a nod as he adjusted his glasses. Soon Jondi would wonder about Victor's species and given the circumstances at hand a little bit of an explanation wouldn't hurt.

"Well I am in fact a Vanutei. I am one with the earth in both a literally and metaphorical sense," He began explaining his race to Jondi. This was a conversation Victor seemed to be enjoying, he can't remember when's the last time he talked to someone face to face. Soo however, Victor's lecture would be halted by a voice  commanding itself from outside the cabin.

Weapon's sheathed? They obviously don't know who or what we are! Saris said giggling in the depths of Victors mind. He motioned Jondi to remain where he had been sitting as Victor continued to head outside only to be greated by a peculiar looking unfamiliar face. Victor steadied his next words.

"What seems to be the problem?"

Miriad_Vegetables

A Vanutei was certainly a new one, from Victor's explanation a form of half nature spirit. Maybe his potion making was as much racial affinity as perfected practice? Either way Victor was a genius at what he did, though Jondi realised bitter-sweetly it was magic that had helped him recover.

He responded "I am often called 'dwarf' by those I meet, so I suppose that's what I am, heh." giving a good-natured chuckle. He listened to Victor's monologue further and was left wondering what a Vanutei may eat and whether he could repay Victor that way. Then the loud voice of some military officer or well-spoken bandit boomed from outside, making it's demand.

Victor left calmly to address the massive voice, and Jondi could only listen as he went downstairs. He soon came to a decision however, and leapt up from the bed and crept over to his sled. A couple trussed wood pigeons caught that morning hung from it and among the supplies themselves Jondi found his ornate butcher's cleaver in a protective leather covering.

'Weapon's sheathed, eh?' He thought, and attached the knife to his belt and crept over to the curtained window. Despite him being no great fighter he would not allow Victor to go alone.
Pulling the curtain aside, Jondi came face to face with a titanic dragon, composed of greenery and branching tree limbs. Jondi heard Victor very nonchalantly address the beast, unable to take his eyes away from its emerald ones.

I suddenly feel very, very, very small. May this end peacefully.

almighyxcavus

Aetroskos looked down at the mortals. Small ones at that. I sense a spirit of Gaia nearby as well...

Aetroskos angled his massive head towards the two. "Who in these woods authorized you to build a cabin of this magnitude? Did they make sure you at least planted a seed for each and every tree you cut down? WHat purpose do you even serve in these woods."

Scare tactics shouldn't be what i have to resort to. Why am i acting like this? Act now think later, these mortals won't even last that long within these woods even if i do let them stay.

Erolith

Victor flashed the large dragon a innocent enough smile. He processed the words delivered to him by the majestic being and placed his hands in the air symbolozing his innocence.

"I do apologize, but there seems to be a misunderstanding here," Victor continued as he lowered his hands adjusting his posture. He scanned the dragon, not entirely knowing what to look for in its face. Just by the tone alone Victor knew this was a serious manner that had to be approached professionally. He'd have to come clean about how the cabin got there...he just didn't know what part of his life he'd have to reveal in order to explain the cabin. Scanning through his brain he decided to pick the most valid response he could think of.

Clasping his hands together a gleaming blueish light seeped through the cracks of his fingers. As the light intensified he pulled his hands apart slowly stretching out the blue light he was creating. Once the brightness died down, he revealed a moderately sized log that typically looks like it could be used for firewood, "I am a Vanutei. A child of Gaia. A fissure walker, is what they called me in my younger years. This cabin you see before you is quite the relic. It's been with me for well over four hundred years. Wherever it goes I go. I carry it on my back when its time for us to move locations, but I haven't moved from this spot in quite sometime. No trees were harmed in the making of this cabin, especially not from this forest. All I did was ask the trees, that were originally here, If I could carefully move them to the side to set up shop, and in return I'd keep them looking young and beautiful as well as keep them company and talk to them when they need a friendly ear. I'd say thats a fair trade," Victor said as he took his glasses off to clean the lenses. He never left his gaze from the dragon, he made sure to keep his eye contact with the beast.

"I built this cabin a long time ago with my son..." Victor noteably had gotten choked up even saying the word son. Clearing his throat he flashed another innocent smile at the Dragon hoping nothing would escalate.

Everything's going to be okay Victor! Saris said noticing Victor's sudden saddened mood shift.

Miriad_Vegetables

Jondi heard the Dragon's query, and waited for Victor's answer, which when it came, impressed upon Jondi many things about his host. The power of his magic, the nature of how his home came to be, and something of familial loss.

Now that struck a chord.

Surely the dragon would be satisfied with this answer? But none the less, it had addressed the both of them. Jondi puffed out his chest, and his beard waggled as he talked,

"I am what'n I am, Dragon. And that is in debt to this here man, my host, for saving my life. If you seek to quarrel I shall have to rain my wrath upon you. Pick'n someone yer own size." The small man shook his grubby fist at the many dozens of times larger speaker.

"And mine purpose in these woods is to eat, and make merry! I am a traveller of places, and have no intention of shaving a bald spot in this here woods." with that said, he crossed his arms. What needed to be said was said.

almighyxcavus

Aetroskos pondered for a moment. The little feat the "Vanutei", as he called himself, seemed quite powerful. Child of Gaia? The Gaia? The same Gaia that birthed Aetroskos himself in order to protect this forest? Clearly something was amiss and/or lost in translation. Before he could even finish processing his thoughts on the "Vanutei". The Dwarf-man chimed in about his life being saved by this man. Proceeded by a slim threat of "Picking on someone your own size".

"Let me get on better terms then." Aetroskos's body melted into a giant mass of vines and flowers. Where his head once was, was now just the sky as what appeared to be his dead corpse piling onto the ground.

"Does this suit your size better?" A handsome elven form of Aetroskos tapped the Dwarf's shoulder. Albeit he still had the quite the height to the man. The what seemed to be remains of his body flourished effortlessly into a new meadow in front of the cabin.

Aetroskos turned his attention to Victor. "I've been in these woods for the last 4000 years since my birth. Gaia is the one that birthed both my siblings and I. So a brand new sibling popping out of nowhere seems all too suspicious. At the very least I found the reason that brought me here."

Aetroskos eyed the dwarf for a moment before pacing back around to the front of the two men. "The dwarf's life was in danger, anything that is on it's last breath in this forest, signals me." He looked back to Victor.  "One does not simply move trees and asks nicely everything in this world requires a sacrifice of some kind in order to produce an outcome. A sort of equivalent exchange if you will."

Aetroskos tapped his foot on the ground. Sprouting a tree branch that forcibly launched the log out of Victor's hands, and into his own. "That branch was made of my own body, had to give up a piece of my horns in order to do so, but it'll grow back within the next 10 years or so." Aetroskos examined the log. "Quite the impressive magic I'd say, I can even tell how old it is." Aetroskos placed the log down and placed his right foot on top, leaning onto his knee. His piercing dragon eyes could easily turn even the bravest of creatures running away in terror.

"I need answers. You haven't been here as long as you say you have lest you've been invisible the entirety of my life. What is a dwarf to make merry alone in the woods, seems entirely believable as well."

Erolith

Victor scoffed toward the Dragon's demand for answers. It was not like he didn't have them, it was more like his past was messy, dark, and overall a door he left locked and threw the key away in some volcanic planet with three moons; figuratively speaking of course. He knew he couldn't evade the questions he was being asked, he tried his best to tell part of the truth to avoid being pestered, but he knew the dragon was growing impatient. He wasn't afraid to fight, if it came down to it, but he also wanted to avoid any form of violence if at all necessary.

Jondi's comments every now and again did lighten the mood for Victor, even though he's only known the dwarf for a small amount of time he's developed a sort of a soft spot for him. Taking a deep breath and staring into the eyes of the dragon, who took on the form of some sort of elven variety, Victor walked up to his porch and sat in a chair offering for both Jondi and the dragon to take a seat. He knew he would have to talk about his past, he just didn't know when and didn't know how. Many people knew of Victor, but many people also knew nothing about him, and if they did it was stuff he told them, vague stuff at that. He normally was able to get himself out of any situation in regards to his life, but this situation in particular was unavoidable.

Taking a long, long swig from his flask he prepared himself to reveal the truth about the cabin, and about how he got to the forest.

"A very long time ago, I fell in love with a Vanutei like myself. I couldn't reveal to them who or what I was but I knew they guessed I wasn't human after a month or two of us spending our time with one another. We had a kid together and I could say I have never felt happier in my life. Her name was Kiari and our son Vernos," Victor took another swig, "We built a cabin together. Though it took quite sometime, neither of us knew how to construct anything really, but we figured it out in the end. We wanted our own place to call home, a place to properly raise our family. We used to live in a province a long time ago, it almost felt like the dark ages. Without going into too much detail, lets just say not many people where fond of me or my work. I was a potions maker. I created cures for deadly illnesses. I fixed severed limbs, broken bones you name it. I put a lot of people out of business and it was never my intention to do so, but its just how it happened. I was trying to create the perfect life for my family, but it was a life that ended in disaster," Victor took a final swig from his flask making sure he got every last drop before tucking it away in his pocket. He took several deep breathes before continuing. A saddened look resting on his face.

You don't have to continue Victor! you've said enough! Saris said, but Victor had to continue.

"At the time us Vanutei were a peaceful race. We didn't quarrel with drama, didn't pick fights, we were just trying to live and love all. No one could understand that though...they thought I was taking everything from them...I wasn't. Kiari, Vernos and I left that province and created a mobile cabin you could say. We'd move and set up shop in places all around the globe, not staying for more than a month or a year tops. We mainly did this for protection, we didn't want people to think we were establishing ourselves and running more out of business, but its just how everyone saw us. We were hated and till this day I still don't understand why. I've saved lives, cured and fixed broken people, yet I was still hated. Many, many, many years after the dispute and our new mobile business plan we've developed a name for ourselves a name that traveled throughout the land, back to the place where it all started. This was when we had completed our cabin construction and Vernos was finally exhibiting the powers gaia bestowed upon us, it was one fo the proudest moments of my life a proud moment that turned into a horrible, vile memory," Tears began welling in Victor's eyes as he tried to fight them back but failed.

Victor please... Saris asked but it was clear at this point Victor had already gotten to deep into the story to make any sense of what Saris was trying to say, but what had to be said needed to be said.

"We don't know how they found us that night...I don't know how they managed to break into our cabin, but they did," Victor started getting choked up, "They dragged us out of our beds...I could remember their angry faces, screaming at my wife, my son and I. Hating us for ruining the legacy their parent's would have left them. It was more than just hate though, something sinister about it, about their words. I couldn't fight...It wasn't in my nature to kill them...I knew I could, Kiari knew she could...but we didn't...we couldn't. They stripped my son and my wife down to their bare flesh and held my eyes open with their fingers on my face and around my neck. I could have transformed but I would have destroyed the cabin...and our entire life was their...somethings couldn't be replaced. They said they wanted to teach us a lesson about losing it all and being left with nothing...They raped my boy and my wife in front of me. I could still hear their screams ringing in my ears. The pain and agony in their voices. They raped him to death and when the rape didn't kill my wife they snapped her neck. Vanutei are vulnerable when we take this form especially those who take the passive route. I thought they would kill me, but the instead knocked me unconscious leaving me there with my family...bare skin and all," Victor got up and walked inside the cabin disappearing for a few moments before returning with two seperate viles, one filled with a gleaming blue liquid and the other filled with a vibrant purple liquid, "This is all I have left of them...I swore to myself I would find the people who did this...and I did...I lost myself, lost my ways...I lost..it all. She was my light, my rock...my love...my life and now she and my son are gone." a stillness was in the air after Victor finished speaking about the cabins origin. He hadn't thought about the death of his family in quite some time. Telling the story in general puts a damper on his mood and mind. He didn't know how the others would react but if the truth is what was wanted then the truth he shall provide, "This cabin isn't just any old cabin..its my home...my life and my hideout from those who do not like me. I've only been here for a few weeks...but if you need me to leave...I suppose I can find another place. And just so you know. I scooped each individual tree in this area to make room for my cabin and planted the trees back properly...i have respect for this earth," Victor ended the statement with more shame on his face than closure.

Miriad_Vegetables

Jondi watched on as the Dragon spoke, letting it's body melt to greenery which peaked Jondi's interest, before approaching as a lithe elf. A false form, but Jondi merely watched and listened, arms still crossed, as the Dragon said it's piece and Victor responded.

At the Dragon's mention of his near death a spike of embarassment runs though him, but in response to the guardian's scepticism Jondi 'Hurrumphs' walking to stand beside Victor, as good a chap as he'd ever had the pleasure of meeting, and replied with "I make my own way, like I said. An' I'm not alone, thare is Victor here, I simply didn't know it'd be him who I'd break bread with when I ventured here, Its strange sure, but I'm a nomad.", turning and smiling up at the Vanutei.

Jondi follows the conversation as best he can, sitting beside Victor upon the porch, as he too changes form. The Dragon's speech about magic had an affect on Jondi's view of the thing a little, the idea it actually cost something prickling his ear, but not enough to pursue it, instead he sat and listened to Victor's tale.

And wished he had not.

Jondi had heard of things, cruel and violent, perpetrated by those full of enough anger, but never had a true dark tragedy as this reached his ears. He was disgusted, with himself, for near empathising with those little people miracle-workers and arch mages forget, out compete, overlook.
The people who stole from Victor, those vile people, he couldn't conceive...

Jondi said nothing, hands clasped upon his stomach, eyes focused on the tip of his beard, which may very well catch alight under his glare.