Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Helping Hands and Hidden Truths

Started by DragonSong, March 09, 2019, 06:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

@Vexan

Serena didn't go into town often, but it had been at least five weeks since she'd really left her cottage and she figured she should maybe try to trade in some of the spare herbs she'd been growing. A large basket on one arm, she made her way along the faint path from her cottage in the woods to the village proper of La'marri easily, unhurried and content.

She'd left her familiars behind, not wanting them underfoot when she was bartering about town, but she knew them well enough to keep one eye out for movement in the underbrush. If they wanted to follow her she couldn't very well stop them, but she hoped they'd listen to her just this once.

As she reached the village, she was greeted with a few waves and some friendly faces from the people she'd helped throughout her years living here, and she nodded and smiled back to them as she made her way toward the small magicians' supply shop near the east end of town. The most likely a place as any to sell her particular wares, and maybe she could trade in her herbs for some materials that were more difficult for her to get out in the woods.

Vexan

@DragonSong

Night stood up from the seat he was sitting on in the middle of nowhere. He broke down a tree and made one just so he can think a bit easier. 'I should head into town. Maybe then I can find someone to help. And I need some stuff. Does this place have any clothing shops? Well, only one way to find out.' Night stretched his wings before flying towards the town, which coincidentally, is the same town Serena was going to.

The angel was hovering above the town, looking around at all of the strangers. He slowly flew down, grabbing the attention of some. He turned them down however when they came to him and asked for something. He was more focused on the shop in front of him. "Hello. What could this be?"

DragonSong

Happily chatting with the shop's proprietor, Serena felt a small shiver run up her spine. Odd. She normally only reacted that way to strong magic, or unearthly presences.

Subtly, she glanced around the shop, trying to spot what had changed as she continued on her conversation.

Vexan

Night looked at the shop's exterior as he tried to figure out what it could be before he entered the interior. He walked inside taking note of the people in there by offering quick glances at them before taking a look at some of the stuff there. He raised his head like he was about to say something but hesitated, but then said what was on his mind. "What do you sell, exactly? And can it help with containing stuff?" Night decided to focus on one of the bigger problems he still has, the magic he has to keep in his sword. "Well, is there also a chance you give out clothes? If this shop is what I think it might be, I might be able to find more use with clothes from here."
@DragonSong

DragonSong

Serena's eyebrow arched as she sensed the newcomer, and she took a step to the side so he could speak with the shopkeeper. She wasn't focused too much on what was actually said, too busy trying to figure out just what exactly it was she was sensing from this stranger.

Magic of some kind, powerful magic. But she couldn't quite place it...

Vexan

Night didn't get much response from the shopkeeper and took that as that he would have to search himself. He turned around but almost knocked something over with his wings. He frantically tried to catch it, tossing it around in his hands before he finally caught it and placed it back where it was originally. "Sorry about that. These wings tend to hit a lot of stuff when I turn."

DragonSong

"Oh!" Serena darted forward when she saw the stranger fumble with the oddly sculpted vase, but he seemed to catch it fine and she relaxed.

"Easy, there," she laughed quietly, smiling up at him. "You alright?"

Vexan

Night turned towards the woman who ran up to him, seemingly to help with the predicament he caused with his wings. "Don't worry, I'm fine, these things always hit things, it's one of the bad things about wings," Night said reassuringly. "Honestly, I probably need someone to watch me, a lot more things would get hit on a daily basis. I could really need someone to make sure I don't break something important. Got any idea who can help me out?"

DragonSong

She smiled a little vaguely and chuckled, tilting her head to the side. "I...am afraid not," she murmured as she stepped around him. My, those wings certainly were big. She had to give him a wide berth to avoid clipping feathers.

She had to get moving, but it felt rude to leave without saying anything else. "What, ah, brings you to town? You are a stranger here, are you not?"