Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Let's Rock and Roll! (M)

Started by visualspice, August 15, 2021, 07:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It took him a moment to realize what the feeling was-, but the little sharp pain was jealousy. Had he not considered this strange, extremely handsome man- would be left alone for several days on end with no supervision? He supposed it wasn't much of a thought- he hadn't known the singer and the more he looked at him... The more he was starting not to like him.

And was his wife ... smiling back at him?
No, no..
She was just being polite. Still, his blood was already simmering as he grunted and muttered out a , "I will be home the next few days. It would be entirely rude of me other wise. I took the weekend off," Javen revealed, which was true- He wouldn't need to do his deliveries with the sort of money they were getting...
Infact, he could take off probably the whole year...
Which was tempting. But he was trying to be good.

They did need to save, and he knew they'd need a new roof soon. Damn all the things. Owning a house was such a bother.

"He won't need to help you with your work, Nyla. I'm sure he can take this time as a vacation."

Even still, Chase smiled at them both, and realized why the husband was a bit prickly.

"It would do me some good to just relax," he admitted. "Although I never minded baking with my mother growing up."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"O-oh." Nyla shrank a bit at Javen's news; she hadn't realized he'd be home so often in the coming days.

But that was fine. She'd be left to her own devices in the kitchen, most likely. It wouldn't be as though things were really all that different.

Trying not to look deflated, she gave her head a little shake and smoothed her hands down over her skirts. "Well, you should enjoy your chance to rest then, I suppose. Both of you."

She hesitated, then cleared her throat and offered cautiously, hesitantly, "Maybe...maybe, with the both of you about the house for a few days keeping an eye on things, I might—I might head into the shop for a bit. It's been a while—" Since we got married— "and I'd like the chance to see how things have been over there. "

visualspice

Javen gave a grunt of approval. That actually made him feel a bit better. He didn't like the idea of some stranger alone with his wife and for what seemed like too many months, he finally looked at her for the beauty that she was. He should count himself fortunate.

"That could work. Just don't go blathering about town as to why you're there. Just a routine check, nothing more nothing less. We can't risk letting people know where he is." It would be their hides too, not just their guests.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Wait—really?

He was okay with that?

Nyla seemed to bloom, a startled joy spreading over her face and lighting her dark green eyes up from the inside so they positively shone. Her shoulders straightened out and she lifted her head, beaming as she absently tucked back that stubborn curl that always seemed to fall into her face.

"I will!" She realized how bright and suddenly loud her own voice was and winced, almost instantly shrinking back into herself. "I mean—of course. I'll be careful, I promise."

visualspice

Javen snorted again.
He was drunk, but not enough to miss the change of demeanor in his wife.

"Seems you've been gone too long from the bakery," he muttered.

Chase only smiled in quiet observance. It made him realize part of him missed having this in his life- just someone... else. A solid, love.. relationship.

DragonSong

Yes, and whose fault is that?

Nyla swallowed anything she wanted to say and just gave a little smile and nod, smoothing her hands down over her lap one last time before she started to stand.

"I'll just start clearing things up. You got in so late, I'm sure you're both tired," she murmured as she picked up her plate and started trying to slip back toward the kitchen.

visualspice

"Yeah, I'll have to admit, I'm pretty beat."

Javen nodded to Chase. "Come. While my wife clears the table, I'll fix the room. Sorry we'll have to share and it's not as private as you're accustomed..."

Chase just nodded.
"I've shared rooms before. Don't worry about it."

Javen nodded and disappeared with Chase into the other room, where the two went into the only bedroom in the entire house and he began to set up a curtain to seperate the room.

"That's my wife's bed, but this curtain should give you some form of privacy," Javen went on, Chase appearing at his side to offer to help.

"Your wife's? Where will she sleep?"

Javen snorted. "She can spare a night with her husband." Or a few weeks... when was the last time they shared a bed? he couldn't recall.

"I see... anything else I can do to help?"

"No, no," Javen went on when the last bit of the curtain was hung and the room was divded loosely in half.

"Its not much but it's private enough," Javen went on.

"Thanks. You really didn't have to, but it's appreciated. " He was sure the married couple needed more privacy then he. He moved to sit on the bed, spotting his bags nearby before raking a hand through the curls of his dark hair.

"Need a drink before bed?" Javen offered.

At first, Chase protested but then nodded. "Sure."

Javen nodded in return and left, appearing in the kitchen to pour two glasses.

"Nyla.. before you get too upset," Javen began, not bothering to look at her. "I gave him your bed." He paused. "So we'll just share mine." As if it were no big deal.

DragonSong

Nyla smiled and nodded, then disappeared quickly into the kitchen with a handful of plates. She dumped them quickly in the sink, then gripped the edge of it and bowed forward, eyes clenched shut as she tried to settle her breathing and pounding heart.

Gods, why was she so nervous? She needed to calm down; there was nothing inherently suspicious about her, and she was only going to draw unwanted and unneeded attention if she acted like she had something to hide.

Just calm down, she told her magic firmly. She's never been particularly powerful, not without blood magic, but what little power she did have was swirling anxiously beneath her breast. She took another few breaths, until she was satisfied she had her iron control back, then continued cleaning up from dinner.

She was just finishing up with putting the freshly washed dishes away when Javen came into the kitchen. Pouring a drink, of course.

Then she learned they'd be sharing a bed—the first time since their wedding night—and she nearly dropped a plate. She fumbled for it quickly, ending up in her knees, and looked up at him with wide, startled eyes.

"Oh. Um. R-right. Yes. Okay. I'll—I'll be right there."

visualspice

Javen went stiff but simply nodded.
"Need a drink too?" He asked, stepping away but pausing at the counter.

DragonSong

"Um, no." Nyla forced another smile as she stood, shaking her head. "No, you know o don't have the head for it. Thank you, though."

Well. Okay. This was happening.

But they were still sharing the room with Chase. Which meant this was fine. Everything was...fine.

"You go on ahead to bed," she murmured, sliding the last dish into a cupboard. "I'll just make sure the hearth's tamped down and be along in a minute."

visualspice

He nodded. Drank his down quickly, got another drink and disappeared into the room where he took a seat in his chair and sipped on his last drink while Chase went to light a small candle nearest his bed as the main lights were blown out.

"Hope you don't mind if I read some before bed?"

Javen just made a noise.

DragonSong

Nyla was a few minutes behind her husband, and when she entered the room she paused, a sudden thought occurring to her.

"Um..." She licked her lips awkwardly, then looked from her husband's bed to the privacy curtain separating the room. Carefully, she stepped a little close to the fabric and cleared her throat. "Ah, Ser Chase. I...my—my nightdress is, um..."

She trailed off, flushing. Her night clothes were in the small bureau beside her bed, and she had no way of reaching them easily with the divider in place.

visualspice

Chase stood up and peered around the curtain.
"Go ahead. I haven't gotten ready yet either. "

DragonSong

Her blush deepened. “Thank you.”

Quick as she could, she scurried behind the curtain and gathered up a nightdress before darting back to the other side—her husband’s side.

And she froze, staring at Javen in his chair, then down at the bundled fabric in her arms, then over to the curtain again.

Well. She didn’t have much choice.

Working to keep her breathing steady, she stepped around to the other side of Javen’s bed and quickly shucked off her dress, shimmying into the nightgown as quickly as she could, keeping her back to the rest of the room.

The nightdress was perhaps overly modest, but it hid most of her scars, and that was really what she cared about.

visualspice

When she returned to her side of the curtain, he did the same and as he heard them settling in to bed (or rather just the wife), he moved to sit down to slide off his own shirt while asking ,"You mind if I open the window? It's a little stuffy in here and I enjoy listening to the night sounds ."

DragonSong

Nyla hesitated, but when Javen didn't seem about to answer she replied quietly, "I don't mind."

She paused a moment longer, then slid beneath the covers and turned onto her side, pulling her knees up to her chest, and murmured, "Sleep well, Chase."

visualspice

Chase moved to open the window, the only one in the room being along the wall on the side he was staying (although the only door was on the couple's side). Then returning to bed he set about reading, Javen went about finishing his drink before both men went to bed.

Chase pulled off his shirt before blowing out the candle then he moved into bed for the night. It smelled of a woman and he realized it was a unique scent, unlike many of the other women's beds he may have shared. Strange it wasnt a lover's bed, the last thought he had before drifting off to sleep.

DragonSong

Nyla hardly slept. She was too nervous. It was strange to feel another person's presence in the bed, and though she still missed her own bed back in her little flat above the bakery she had at least grown used to the one Chase was using, and Javen's just felt...off.

She managed to keep tossing and turning to a minimum—not that she thought her husband would really have noticed. He was pretty much dead to the world after his drink.

Eventually, an hour or so before dawn, she admitted defeat and slipped quietly out of the bedroom. She made her way to the hearth in the main room and stoked the embers slightly before laying down in front of it, wrapped in a spare blanket she'd taken from the end of the bed.

It wasn't perfect, but at least she could sleep a little before she left for the shop at dawn.

visualspice

Chase had a hard time falling to sleep. Perhaps it was the weather, the change of scenery or the fact he was in another's bed...

Or maybe it was the nightmare, the surreal reliving the moment when flames engulfed the entire place he had once called home.

Either way, he had awoken in a sweat, thankful that he was shirtless as he used the discarded shirt to wipe off some of his sweat. Perhaps he ought to get some fresh air, and though he rose to the window, his body was itching for more.

He kept his eyes towards the door to give the sleeping couple some privacy before stepping out of the room and into the hall, taking a moment to collect himself before he spotted a heap near the hearth. Curious, he approached. And it took him a moment to realize it was the wife.

DragonSong

Nyla had lived in relative safety for some six years, but she still slept like a hunted thing. All it took was Chase's footsteps reaching a certain proximity for her eyes to fly open.

She sat up quickly, hand flying for a dagger she no longer slept with before her brain caught up with her and she blinked at her new houseguest dumbly for a few moments.

"Oh!" She flushed, sitting up quickly and drawing the blanket tight around her shoulders. "I'm sorry, I—I didn't wake you, did I? I was trying to be quiet..."