Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Boy and the Mage [VisualSpice]

Started by Imperfect_M, June 23, 2022, 05:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperfect_M

"You're awfully happy about all this," Tathfheithleann sighed. She didn't seem to find her work all that spectacular. That or she woke up on the wrong side of the bed and Dehzrehn's enthusiasm drained her energy further.

The Halfling girl moved aside. The identical (and more agreeable) projection of her suddenly appeared in a burst of white-blue light.

"I'll set the bolt away for later," she chirped as the bolt animated once again. It followed the projection down to some other part of the basement to be stored.

Tathfheithleann sized Dehzrehn up again, pouting out her lips. "So. Mage, huh?" she said in a flat tone of voice. "How'd you dodge getting shoved in some barbarian execution camp?"

The Halfling seemed to have quite a low opinion of Connlaoth- or rather its policies on magic. Makes sense, considering magic was not just her forté but also how she made her living.
Cynbel 'Zima' Kovac-Graza - Lancer of House Graza

Aksho - Wandering Beast Fae

Beyhe Kanayhen - Weaver, Trader, Legend

Taernichanthach - Knight of the Pale Queen

Rel Usaad - Iron Dragon, back from the dead.

Tá-ngouà-yè-tlokui-à-tsokè - Lizardman, Seeker of the Sun

Tee-kup - Goblin Wizard Extraordinaire!

Calen Ardanel - Vampiric Lord of Castle Luna Nova

Ahib and Vedi - Twin Dryads of the Draconi

Tathfheithleann - Certified Alchemist

visualspice

The young man flushed.
"I.. just haven't seen magic in such a way, " he told her,  sheepishly.  Then his gaze followed her duplicate and he couldn't help but just smile at it. But then the woman's inquiry into Connlaoth made him stiffen. He couldn't fully look her way eyes to the floor.

"I... was very careful. Until I wasn't." He felt numb, trying not to recall the memories.  His hands clenched into fists at his side. "My father sent me here so the rumors couldn't spread. You see,  my father is a tradesmen, perhaps you may have heard of him? Lord Daniels Draven? He's traveled most of the continent." He knew it might be a long shot she'd know him, but he would feel a bit happier and more at ease if she did. With her scrutiny,  he felt like he was walking on eggshells.

CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Imperfect_M

"Ah, so your da didn't sell you out," she commented. There was a pause as her expression sobered from 'tired' to 'sympathetic.' "... I'm sorry."

She sighed again and pinched the bridge of her nose. She'd really messed up this time with how the young man suddenly looked crestfallen at the mention of his family.

"Draven... Draven..." she drawled. "Think he might've been on one of my lists, but I don't remember."

Tathfheithleann walked on up to Dehzrehn and put a hand on his hip- she would have aimed for his shoulder, but her height didn't allow her to reach such heights.

"Listen, this here's not a bad town," she reassured the young man. "I'll teach you. Give you what you need to know, and you can even pick a school if you want to go to that, okay?"

visualspice

The young man was quiet for a time as he digested what she said.
"This... is still a lot to take in. I came here south, not just to run... but I also came here to trade. It. .. was supposed to be easy." He frowned, eyes casting to the ground.  "I never thought in a million years I'd run into a demon." He raked a hand through his hair, nerves still shaking his hand and he couldn't keep them idle.

"It almost seems wrong I got to live at the expense of my men.. then get rewarded either knowledge." His frown deepened before he looked away. The wounds were still fresh upon his soul.

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm still reeling from the attack. "
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Imperfect_M

Tathfheithleann was not the best at comforting others. If anything that was part of why she preferred to live alone. People-Problems are difficult to process, unlike her trade. That had clearly defined rules and boundaries.

"... Sorry that you went through all this," she murmured awkwardly. "Look... I-... I don't really know what to tell you. Advice isn't my thing."

She heaved a sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"We'll-... Get you a place to sleep in the village."

visualspice

Dehzrehn shook his head.
"Sorry. It seems all of my problems got dumped on you." He frowned then peered over at her."I'm afraid I haven't got much money on me." He was wondering how expensive an inn might be.

Imperfect_M

Tathfheithleann mused over the boy, a mix of concern and mild frustration on her features. He explained that he felt remorse for the Dryads dumping him on her, and that he had little money. Strange for a lord, the Halfling thought.

"Look, don't worry about money, yeah? There's plenty o' work to be done in the village," the woman said reassuringly. Or at least, that was the intention. "C'mon, I know a guy with a spare room."

The little mage brushed past Dehzrehn and went up the stairs and through her storefront.

"You can stay with him until I get an extra room built for you," she called over her shoulder.

The village was abuzz with rumor and gossip; word traveled fast after all. Tathfheithleann made her way down to the beach and found a quaint, cozy-looking beachfront cottage. Or at least, that's what it would be if it wasn't surrounded by fish and half-finished boat hulls. A Dwarf, brawny and stocky even for one of his own kind, was hard at work carefully cutting two pieces of a hull to join together. Fishing boats needed little iron or nails, luckily. Old-fashioned carpentry would do.

"Arngrim!" barked Tathfheithleann. "Arngrim!"

The Dwarf nearly struck himself with a carpenter's hammer; but experience taught him better than to take a swing when looking away from his work.

"Hah!? That little Honey's voice!?" he roared.

"Aye, and you're still deaf as a stone!" Tathfheithleann roared back.

The Dwarf laughed and lumbered over to the Halfling and heaved her up in a warm, but surprisingly delicate hug as not to crush the poor thing with his might. He set her down, but stopped his pleasantries to size up Dehzrehn with an appraising eye.

"Hrrrm... Who's the skinny kid?" Arngrim rumbled thoughtfully.

"It's a-... Long story. I'll tell you later," Tathfheithleann said wearily. "Can he use your spare room? I'll pay the cost."

"Cost? Girl, you've pulled me out of a bind more times than I can readily count! O' course the lad can shack up here!" Arngrim bellowed. "Just as long as he doesn't mind my racket!"

The Dwarf turned and trundled up to Dezrehn in heavy, plodding steps. He offered a brawny, thick arm and calloused hand to trade grips with the young man.

"Name's Arngrim, lad! But most everyone 'round here calls me Uncle Fishbeard," he laughed. "What's your name?"

visualspice

When Leann lead Dezhren along, he couldn't help but note the looks and hear some of the subtle gossip in the town. Was it really that big of a deal he was there? Then again, recalling how he had appeared.... He tried not to dwell on it. People would always be curious sorts, and he was 'the new guy'. He was probably the biggest news the place had seen all year. And could he forget his ethnicity? He was painfully Connlaothian and stuck out like a sore thumb at the beach town.

When they approached the beach front cottage, the young man felt humbled by it. It had a homely sort of feel and as he watched the dwarf at work, he could just see by the way of things, this was his life. And as the pair interacted, he held back, remained politely quiet and nodded before exchanging grips with the dwarf. As expected, it was a hardy introduction.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Dehzrehn Draven, and I'm more than humbled you have offered up your home." He bowed as any proper young Connlaothian lord would, and raised his head, and both his brows at the nick name.
"Fishbeard?" He couldn't help but smile, and chanced a glance over at Leann.