Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Card Tricks [Open]

Started by WallyD, May 14, 2017, 05:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

"You! Get back here!" A guard yelled, chasing a man in a complete red outfit down the empty streets in the night. The man, an elf, laughed and skipped down a set of stairs. One guard turned to follow but he didn't turn fast enough. He ran right into the wall and fell back. Another one turned and stumbled down the stairs, his friend tried to quickly stand up, only to fall again.

Zane turned and blew a kiss at the guards. He then laughed again, a high pitched squeal, and pulled out a card deck. He stopped and lifted the too card looking at it. King of Hearts. Zane slapped the card against the ground. There was a flash of light and a knight in full armor stood before him. The two guards turned the corner and froze. Zane Kelly smiled and bowed, pointing to the knight.

"This here is a friend of mine. Play nicely." He said. The knight pulled out his sword twice his size and charged the men. The two guards turned and ran, stumbling over their own feet to get away. Zane laughed again. "Have a good time" he turned and froze, "Well shucks..."

Sheshia

A fluffy dragon look creature was resting on Salfia's head. It was napping the hours away peacefully. Having great dreams about meats and hunting tiny mice and other rodents plus the teo friend's next adventure. Only to have it interrupted by some racket a few paces down!

The creature woke up with a snort and looked at Salfia who heard it as well. Thr courious pair went towards the noise only to be behind another else with a giant suit of armor charging some guards who ran away stumbling about. When the elf turned around he was meet by an angry looking creature on an amused elf's head with her arms crossed.

"That was some nice thinking there." She said looking like she was holding back some laughter,Those guards had it coming eventually, though they should get their act together. Its not always gonna be a small person a big one might pop up and cause trouble. She thinks to her fluffy friend with a relaxed smile and glint in her eyes and playfully circles the man looking at him Before motioning to the other elf to follow her, "Can you show us what you did with your cards? We'd really like to watch sir. Maybe learn a few tips as well."

Salfia had no idea who this person was but she wanted in, even if Olpie was against it and just wanted more sleep.

WallyD

Zane Kelly smiled at the elf in front of him. She was definitely pleasing to the eye, though it looked like she could do some damage. He moved right up to her and wrapped one of his arms around her waist, and started to walk.

"Well, I'd love to tell you but a good magician never reveals his secrets." He said smoothly​ and looked up at the fuzz ball on her head. He reached up with his free hand and tried to pet it. "And this is absolutely adorable."

Sheshia

Salfia smiles and nods. She understood the other elf's reasons. It might reveal some secrets that could prove to be a weakness. When the elf went to pet Olpie her fluffy friend flattened its ears. She really wasn't the type that likes to be called adorable. Though it didn't mind being petted so Olpie just sat there and let the elf pet her. She'd get back at him later on for being called adorable.

"I see. I like that air of mystery. It's pretty nice that you keep it that way. I'm Salfia and this is Olpie." Salfia points towards the fluffball that Zane was petting.Tell him I wont be adorable for long. I'd grow bigger eventually. Olpie tells her and Salfia shrugs the thought away. She already knew that she was planning revenge for getting called adorable.

WallyD

"I am Zane Kelly," he said as he stopped walking and turned so he faced Salfia. He placed both his hands on her shoulders and looked her up and down. "Mhmm, well. Why don't we go get a drink, eh? I'll pay."

Zane Kelly let her go and pulled out his cane and started to walk down the street tapping it while whistling. He turned facing Salfia and ran a hand across the rim of his hat, grinning.

"Come on now. I don't bite to hard."

Sheshia

Man a drink sounded so nice. Salfia smiles, "I'll be happy too. Though if you need me to I can chip in also. I love me some drink." She follow the magician and Olpire rolls her eyes. She never really trusted many to begin with.

"There is a pretty damn good tavern near here. It has good ale beer wine. You name it! But their shepards pie is to die for." Salfia and Olpie really loved their shepards pie. So immediately when she mentioned the pie Olpies ear perked up and she looks at Zane with large begging eyes, almost like a cats begging eyes with her ears flattened.

WallyD

"Of course, my fair lady. But I must insist that I buy, never should a woman pay on the first night." Zane Kelly said, waiting for Salfia to lead the way.

Two whistle songs later, Zane Kelly opened the door to the Bludging Griffin, and he bowed his hand swept through the air and pointed to the door.

"Ladies first. You can also find a seat, I'll follow right behind."

Sheshia

Salfia wasnt still completely comfortable with leaving Zane to oay. But the offer was still standing if he did run short on money.

Salfia walks in saying, "Thabk you, Zane." She looks around then. The tavern was sort of croweded at this time if night but a few peiole were already leaving to retire fir the rest of it at well. Just the way she perfered it.

There was a bar and tables scattered about. Along with waitresses and waiters scurrying aboht with foods, deink and money. Salfia spots a table a little bit aways from the crowd, "I hope this seat is okay Zane." Salfia says a bit worried. She wanted to be polite to the peraon that was paying for their neals and dribks after all. Olpie jumps off her head and moves under her chair then curls back up and lays their looking around quietly.

(OOC: I can kinda see Zane and Salfia getting along quiet fine from my point of veiw and becoming a couple. Just saying becuase I sort of ship them right now :3 hopefully I didn't creep you out by saying this  :-\)

WallyD

Zane Kelly followed Salfia and nodded when she asked​ if the table was good. He jogged to the other side of her and pulled out a chair.

He looked up and grinned as she sat. Zane then skipped to the other chair and sat down, somehow he had taken off his hat and his coat. Zane raised his hand and waved one if the workers over. It was a a human girl, her blonde hair was pulled back in a bundle of curls. Despite the caous in the taven, she looked refreshed and cheery.

"Now what can I get you?" She asked looking between the two.

"I'll have six shots of Jinx Flare." Zane said. Both he and the waitress looked at Sallfia, waiting for her answer.

[OOC: Ha, no you didn't creep me out. When you said that you shipped them I couldn't help but squeal ::) But fair warning for Salfia, Zane is a bit of a player, thus the description of seeking out of the house. He was seeing a lady friend ;)]

Sheshia

Salfia thinks about what she wanted."I'll take pint of ale please." She tells the waitress. The waitress nods and scurrys away with their order. Definitely nothing like a nice pint of ale in the middle of a night. Olpie watched the waitress not saying a peep.

Olpie was still a bit to young to drink yet. Just by a margine so she had to wait and see if Salfia would get her something to eat if she can.

"Zane if you don't mind me asking. Why were those guards chasing you? If it was any later my target would have known about you and then my work would have been ruined until next month." Salfia didn't wabt to pry but it was important. Her target was someone that stole a family's will money from them and got away with it. She was going back to her room when all the racket happened.

WallyD

Zane leaned back and sighed, letting his chair balance on two legs.

"I was visiting an old friend, Madam Zerenit. Eh, you should know her. She holds most of the fundraisers in this city, though I can't say​ she always remembers what for." Zane said chuckling, "Anyways, the guards caught me sneaking out, thank the  Gods for that. If it was her husband, he would have killed me and I would have lost one of my best sellers."  He leaned in and winked at Salfia. "You know what I mean."

Sheshia

Salfia understood it now. He nearly got caught in the act by the husband. Yeah that would not have ended so well at all and she would just be there watching the after math from a roof or something (omg that sounds so creppy XD). "Ahh I get it. Yeah your pretty damn lucky." Salfia wanted to remain professional here in this city. She was on a job and she had to concentrate on the job. One slip up could mean her oay which means an anrgy Olpie which means a dead client. You do what you have to do to get by in her world. Even murder a client for their money.

"Though I can't say I know Madam Zerenit. I don't hang in one spot for to long, always traveling about to where my feet take me and Olpie." Salfia smiles. This was a nice night after all. Hopefully it'll remain that way it was nice to talk to someone other then Olpie thats for sure.

WallyD

The waitress came by and placed down their drinks.

"Do you need anything else?"

"Ah yes actually. Can we have two shepard pies?" Zane said shooting her a smile. She smiles back and turned back to the bar. Zane picked up a shot and looked back at Salfia.

"You travel too?" He asked, tilting his head, "so what do you do? I mean obviously your gorgeous." He nodded to Olpie. "But I'm guessing you do something more adventurous to have such a fierce protector."

Dallaspcrp

A humanoid red rabbit came into the room.  Looking around she found a table.  She sat on the chair, her elabrate black pants shining with many small additions, her top black as well with deep purple.  Her ears perked up listening to the talk around her.  She breathed out a holding breath and smiled opening her sketch book.

A waitress came over a little wide eyed "Can I get you anything love?" she asked the rabbit girl.  "Yes.  Can I get a mug of ale please?" "Yes of course." the waitress replied and with one more glance ahe went to retrieve the order.

The rabbit girl looked back at the progress in tge book and began to sketch some more.

Tags: