Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Solaire's Wants and Limits

Started by Hyacinthus, October 04, 2020, 06:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyacinthus

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play? honestly I flop between meaningful and frivolous plots all the time. I'm always happy to detail out a long and character-driven arc of events, or to just toss a silly idea in the pool and build on it from there. Friendly, romantic and rivaling relationships are all great character-development tools that I'm happy to explore with anyone.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play? Combat's normally my weakest subject—  not because I don't like it, but because it usually devloves very quickly into being about the fight, and not the story that led to/follows it. I don't think I have a poorest relationship type—  Maybe conflict-driven relationships, if I had to choose one?

What are your favorite character types to play? I enjoy playing a character with ties to other characters. It brings that character to life in my opinion, and it gives them some sense of agency/value in the grand scheme of things. Even if we're just friends, losing a friend is something that can change a person's life.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised? I've never pantsed anyone! That said, I usually prefer to plan to some extent, even if it's just "how do we meet". I'm not at all opposed to surprises though! Variety is the spice of RP.

How do you feel about group threads? I hope I don't disappoint the people that I'm roleplaying with! Thank you for letting me join in!

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post? I try to post at least daily. I think people are free to nudge me whenever. I work during the mid-day into the night, and I'm rarely free long enough at work to post, so if you nudge me at night and I don't respond to you, I'll respond in the morning!

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread? And IIIIIIIIIIII... will always, wait for youuuuuuuuuu... will always, wait for youuuuuuuuuu... Haha. Seriously, I know that life hits people hard, so I'm willing to wait for however long.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP? Been there, done that! In my experience, it breeds a faster roleplay environment, but not necessarily a more patient one. There's ups and downs to everything, I think!

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
See above!

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything? I try to balance both, depending on how my partner/partners are doing. There's no sense in writing novels if your partner is interested in the aforementioned rapidfire rping, or not providing good detail to a partner that's giving it.

Any RP styles/habits that you love? I love to know what your character is thinking, or feeling! I promise not to use it against you!

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid? I like to think I'm pretty flexible—  If you're not breaking any of the rules, I like to be as open-minded and accommodating of different styles/habits as possible.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
Please don't kill me :( Haha, as long as we're following the rules, I try to be as accommodating as possible!

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
See above!

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level? I feel bad that I keep sending you to the thingy above this one—  But I'm doing it again! See above!

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
Three more times—  see above

What about healing?
Two more times! Above!

What about characters being transformed against their will? Last time! You did it!

Anything else?
It's a pleasure to get to meet and play with all of you! I hope to have lots of fun and memorable threads with you all!