Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Great Pork Roast [open!]

Started by visualspice, July 20, 2022, 02:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @CounterfeitFish
This is also an open thread so feel free to jump in for some fun!

The savage squeals were an equally raw force as was the charge of the massive, dire boar that tore through the brush.  It was the only warning before the beast attacked- but this time the place was more prepared.  Coin spoke volumes and Gemla, the half orc and sword for hire, wasn't one to turn down a chance to leave her little town to do something a little more purposeful with her life. Truth be told, she was growing antsy in the small town she resided, and some even said she 'out grew' the lifestyle. Her mother always said she was wayward, like her father, with an adventurer's spirit- always itching for the next big thing.

But Gemla didn't think much of it when asked- a dire pig, of all things, wasn't exactly something that sounded remarkably terrifying. But it seemed to be causing quite a lot of havok at one particular little road stop spot called The Open Road.

Not much else resided along the way, a few houses tucked back into the woods and a farm way off by the hills,- so it was a choice location for those traveling down the way. The road was frequented- perhaps not incredibly busy, but it was a popular throughway when passing through the southern heart of the kingdom of Adela.

But she knew she had come to the right place when she had only just stepped out of the thick wood and the beastly roar of a boar shook the very ground. It was a bit unnerving, if she were to be honest. Boars were something she had hunted many a times, but one of incredible size... this would be a first. And judging by the call of the animal, it sounded big.

There was a watch tower, which upon hearing the cry of the wild beast, the man (who had been sleeping at his post) shot up suddenly and was clanging a large bell wildly while calling down to the few people on the streets.

"The beast is nigh!"

Gemla had hoped to be well rested before dealing with the local pest, but she supposed it was better to deal with a problem sooner rather than later. But her legs ached from the long walk and she was rolling her shoulders as she pulled out her sword and wooden shield, then cracked her neck. She then rapped her sword to her shield and called up to the look out.

"Which way does it come!?"

"Eh? The beast comes here! Through the field and-"

She didn't get a chance to hear all the rest of what he said, because turns out the beast was charging fast, it's enormous form plowing through the fields and nearly exploded out onto the road at a ferocious speed. And the beast was dire alright, it was nearly twice Gemla's size! Her jaw fell open at the sight of the thing, not having been wholly prepared for a building sized pig to be charging down the street.

"Oh by the Gods..." if her green skin could pale, it certainly was, as Gemla had to leap out of the way or the beast would have trampled her flat! She tumbled to a crouch and swore, eyeing the beast as it bucked at a nearby wagon that was recently abandoned. And it sent the damn thing clean into the sky.

"This is not happening.."

She thought she'd have some easy pocket change to deal with a dire pig that was maybe the size of a horse at best. This thing was nearly like an elephant! But then she heard a woman's scream and grit her teeth. Great, someone was in danger. Well, it the time to act was now, and she shook off her stunnedness and drew up her blade again and charged towards the backside of the beast while it went on it's tantrum to smashing the wagon to bits. She let out a war cry and savagely raked her blade across it's flank, not slowing down once in her run, and spilling open a huge, hot wound that leaked fresh, raw blood, much of which coated her blade as she turned through her halt and prepared herself for another run with her blade. She had the element of surprise, and had to use the pig's confusion to her advantage as it had at least been distracted before her first strike struck true- but as Gemla began her second charge, the beast spotted her and began to charge as well.

"Oh shit."

The half-orc dove out of the way just in time to avoid being trampled to death by the boar's hooves. She was so close to it now she could truly feel it's girth as it's hooves pounded the earth as it raced on by, it's body foul smelling as any other pig's might be, but perhaps amplified due to it's sheer mass, and Gemla had to turn away for a moment to throw off her upset from the smell.

The beast was surprisingly fast. It had missed her and knew it, and was trampling about in a rage before turning around and starting up a charge, and began to race towards the half-orc again.

Shit. What had she gotten  herself into? What was one woman to do against one giant beast? She had to think fast, or she'd because a splattered corpse, not unlike the wagon that was in pieces.

..The wagon. She eyed the pile of rubble and turned, grunted with some effort as she hefted up the wheel, and drew it back like a discus before launching the thing good and hard at the beast's head. Hey- she would have used her bow and arrow if she thought it would do anything, but the wheel was a great deal heavier, and it struck true on the beast's face and it let out a squeal of pain. The beast was shaking it's head and pawing at it's eye. Good- it seemed she may have injured it's eye. That injury would favor her side of the battle for sure.

Well, if the wheel worked, might as well use the other one. She used one booted foot to kick the debris off the other wheel, and hefted it up. It still had some of the axel stuck to it, but she wasn't going to waste time cleaning the damn thing up to make it a better discus. All she had to do was throw the damn thing and...
this time when it launched, the pig bucked it's head, knocking the wheel high up into the air and at such an angle that...

Gemla's eyes went wide. The damn wheel was just sent launching into the nearby thatch rooved inn! It smashed to pieces against the front entry sign and knocked it from it's hinges, sending both clattering and smashing into wooden pieces upon the ground. It seemed The Open Road was now a Broken Road.. or sign, for that matter. Gemla grit her teeth. So much for brute strength tactics to use the broken wagon wheels as a weapon. Looks like she was back to sword and shield. So while the damn thing was still shaking off the second wheeled attack, she gave an angered charge, screaming as she lifted her sword and charged it's way.

But then, the dire boar recovered much more quickly than she'd have liked, and it turned on her with those beady eyes and gave a roar, tusks pointed low as it too, began a squealing charge. Gemla had too much momentum to outright stop her own charge, and she wasn't expecting the pig to be so swift. The damn thing was HUGE. How could it possibly move so fast!?
And before she knew it, the pig's head smashed clean into her, and threw her upwards- and much like the second wheel that crashed into the building-

So did Gemla. Except instead of shattering into a million pieces of wood, the much heftier woman smashed clean through the thatch of the roof and disappeared to the chaos within.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CounterfeitFish

What was once a calm, quiet day for a little goblin had soon been replaced by chaos, violence and death...but, I will get to that later.
------------
Just an hour earlier, Vrisz had been walking through the Open Road Inn, serving drinks and food to the few patrons inside. Today was peaceful. Relaxing. Eerily so, but he was not one to question good fortune! In between serving drinks and chastising the occasional rude customer, he had chosen to occupy himself with a bit of...well, shall I say, mischievousness.

Comfortable as his life may have been, Vrisz couldn't resist an easy mark- especially not one who was pestering the barkeep! So, as some drunken lout kept shouting for more ale, the cloaked goblin began to ply his trade: thievery...

"Cut the purse, glean the glittering gold, make off with your treasure...just like old times!" Vrisz murmured to himself as he worked, his small size allowing any wandering gazes to easily pass by him. Like old times indeed, Vrisz. Within moments, the angry man had been relieved of most of his valuables, and Vrisz had managed to slip back into his work as a waiter. Valsthet or Tildy would probably give him hell for this later, but he wasn't too worried. Larceny was in his blood, and he could put up with dish duty for a week if it meant he had more shiny things!
-----------
With a cheery smile and heavier pockets, Vrisz continued to serve the few customers that remained, delivering drinks and food to whoever requested them. However, things were...off. He was no master thief, and while he knew a few spells, he was not a divination wizard! However, things were definitely off...THE BELL!

The alarm bell, used to signify any sort of danger or emergency, was clanging throughout the little "village" that held his inn! Was it brigands? Dragons? Or worse....the Boar? While he hadn't been unlucky enough to see it in person, Vrisz had heard tales of a boar larger than a house, meaner than a hornet's nest, and more destructive than a hurricane! It couldn't be here, could it? Not again, not this soon!

His question was soon answered by chaos erupting through the inn as the boar launched it's assault. His size, which was once an asset, was now a detriment as Vrisz had to prevent the swarming crowd from trampling him! And, to add on to this already-hectic situation, a massive(at least, to Vrisz) woman crashed through the roof of his inn, ruining it! Amidst the rampaging crowds and barely-muffled squeals of the Boar, Vrisz made his way to the roof-wrecking lady.

"Hey! You there, sword lady! Whaddya think you're doing, crashing through our roof?" Vrisz paused, catching himself. Not the time to be upset, especially not to someone twice your size. "Are you okay? That was a pretty nasty crunch- I couldn't tell if that was you or the roof! Do you need help? Is the Boar here? Do I need to stab it? Or, maybe I could use a firebolt? Do you need healing? I think I might know a healing spell, maybe! I'd have to think about it..."

All of this came out in a flurry of barely-intelligible sentences- however, a few words would most likely stand out, such as "Boar," "help," "stab" and "healing."

visualspice

Gemla groaned as she lay in a pile of thatch rubble.  A table must've broken her fall. She moved to stand, wincing as debris fell off her form. She clutched the side if her head dizzily before shaking it off and turning to regard the motor mouthed goblin.

"When the room stops spinning about and the walls atop talking to me. I aim to take another go at that boar," She growled.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CounterfeitFish

"So you are okay, then? Great! I didn't really want to heal you in the first place- you did break my roof! Well, Valsthet's roof, but we might as well share ownership of the tavern, y'know? But that isn't important- we gotta stop that boar! How can I help?"

Vrisz drew two daggers from their sheaths, each located on the inside of his arms. It seemed uncomfortable at a first glance, but it was far faster than the classic hip sheath. But, considering the size of the boar, those wouldn't have done much more than irritate it further. "What do we do? How can I help? I can stab things- I don't like it, but I'm pretty good at stabbing!"

visualspice

She peered at the goblin with a frown.
"You know that boar could eat you for dinner. "