Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Knight, Through Yonder Window Breaks?

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2015, 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Tags to @Dragonsong !

Glass shards were glittering all around him as he was punched through a window, and the wind, rushing through his dark hair as Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Willison found himself suddenly outside the castle, instead of in. Though had he been any other man, he'd be shitting his pants by now, but as luck would have it- he was a mage.
Though despite the symbols of Angsar all over his armor, he hid his power well. But not today. Today it was 'OH MY GOD, USE YOUR FRIGGIN' POWERS OR DIE'.
So he did.

And as the man kept falling, falling, falling towards the ground, he held onto his breath, cursed out the breath, and threw his hands forward and built a pillow of snow, which he promptly landed in seconds later. When he landed, he found himself buried completely... (you know, except for the man shaped hole, which his landing int he snow, had created). And wouldn't you know, it happened to be Summer Time in Connlaoth.

"Shit."

Spitting out the snow, Jack scrambled to his feet, dusting himself off and looking back to the pile of snow that just saved his life, and panicking in ways he could seek to hide it. But did it honestly matter? The castle was under attack, and he hadn't expected to find himself on the opposing fist of a girl. Great, first real duty as a knight during this whole 'war' thing and he was already 'dead'. And he contemplated just sneaking away. He could always go back to a life on the street.. even if the knightly life paid well, it just... really wasn't for him.

So he supposed it was.. exit, stage right time?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Fiona had always wanted an adventure.

This was not what she'd had in mind.

After weeks of pestering her mother to let her handle a few of the deliveries from their shop, she'd finally been allowed to do so- and to go to the castle no less! But of course, before she'd even made it through the gate something had happened. What that something was, she wasn't entirely sure, but some sort of alarm was sounded and people seemed to be panicking.
Truth be told, she was panicking too. Without thinking she ducked close to the wall, searching desperately for a place to hide.

That was when she heard the sound of shattering glass above her head. She leaped backward just in time to avoid a falling body and a sudden, concentrated blizzard. In the middle of summer. What the hell?

She pressed against the wall, eyes wide and mouth dropping open. "Wh-wh-wh-what?"

visualspice

The fall hurt alot more than he wanted to admit, his heart hammering in his ears as he dashed towards the gate- which of course was the only likely, lousy exit. But the second he did, he began to see guards spilling outside. With a quick "Shit!" Between his teeth, he ducked against the shadowed part of the wall, only to find himself uncomfortably close to some random woman.

"Hey, listen doll, don't get the wrong idea but... Keep your yap shut so we both don't get executed, alright?" Sighing, he peered over the edge, seeing the guards coming their way. "Well shit." And he looked all around quickly before turning to her. "You wouldn't happen to know of a quick exit here? I'll take any I can get, and if you help- hey- maybe we can enjoy drinks together later?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She stared at the stranger, her brain trying to catch up with the situation fast enough to actually react. "Um, the servants' entrance," she whispered, thinking fast. It was how she'd gotten in, most nobles didn't want mousy little delivery girls coming in through the front gate, and it not nearly as heavily guarded as the main gate.

She jerked her head toward the back entrance and began moving slowly in that direction. "How about," she offered quietly, a smile twitching at her lips, "You can buy me that drink and explain just what the hell is going on here?" Her eyes flicked meaningfully toward the pile of now melting snow and she quirked an eyebrow. Normally she wouldn't have been so bold, but something about the adrenaline of the situation helped push the words out of her mouth.

visualspice

"Servants entrance," he shook his head. "Why didn't I think of that?"
When she finally moved away so she wouldn't be close enough to smell the sweat and musk of his body- and maybe even the heat, he wasted no time following up behind her.

"Don't get too excited now. We both have to make an exit without, you know, getting executed and all. And right now, I don't think my fellow knights are exactly..." he went on, wincing a bit as he cracked his neck. "On my side anymore."

DragonSong

Fiona eyed him warily. A traitor then? No, she shouldn't jump to conclusions. So far the only thing he was guilty of- as far as she could see- was making it snow in summer. Strange, but then, she was no stranger to strange things.

"What exactly did you do?" she asked, clutching her delivery tight to her chest as she crept up and peered around the corner of the wall before nodding an all-clear. "Must've been pretty bad to get you tossed out a window."

visualspice

"The window?" he paused to look at her. Then he rubbed his smarting jaw. "Oh yeah.. well that was... Well, I don't think I can be blamed for that one... but maybe you didn't see it but the man standing here with you ought to be dead!" he went on, jogging hastily over towards the servant's entry. Why he was heading back into the castle he wanted to escape from was beyond him- but he just hoped this chick had a good idea up her sleeve cause well- He didn't!

DragonSong

"Yes," she mused, thinking back to the sudden summer blizzard. They were at the servants' entrance now. She slipped through the door, glancing down the hall and listening for approaching footsteps. Clear. Alright, just take the first left and they should be home free.

In theory.

She put that thought from her mind and padded down the hall, glancing over her shoulder to make sure the stranger was following her. "What're you called, by the way?"

visualspice

"Cl- er- Jack... Or Jack-in-the-Box to those int he ring. YOu know about boxing, right? The street kind," he went on with another clear crack of his neck and roll of his shoulders. "Don't let the armor fool you... this was my first day ont he job and... I don't think I exactly pleased my boss, know what I'm saying?" he went on, following after her. "You got a name?"
Though he wondered why he even cared to ask. Once they were both outta here, they'd likely split ways.

DragonSong

"Fiona," she replied distractedly. He sure did talk a lot... Yes! There was the door, they were almost out. After this, she decided, she would go home to her mother and her shop and never complain about her boring life again. Without thinking she threw the door open-

And was met with a blade at her throat. "Going somewhere?"

visualspice

Jack's eyes widened at the blade. Suddenly he grabbed the girl and yanked her back, then moved to fling the door closed int he man's face. He turned to her, eyes still wide.
"So.. which way? Cause we should head that way..... like, now."

DragonSong

"I-I don't know," Fiona stammered, partially in shock from what had just happened. "Just run!" She turned on her heel and tore back the way they'd come. Stairs. If she could find a set of stairs, get them to higher ground...

A plan started to form in her mind. A completely mad plan, but a plan nonetheless. She looked back to her companion, judging his size. Maybe this would work. "Up here," she she called, taking the first stairway they came to and hoping it led to somewhere with a window.

visualspice

He jogged after her, knowing full wellt he guards were right behind them.
"Uh so.. I hate to ask this as we're trying to find an escape but.... isn't running up stairs counter productive?" He laughed. "The entire castle is kind of after my ass so..."

DragonSong

"I guess you'll just have to trust me," Fiona threw over her shoulder. They came out into another hall, one with a large, ornate window taking up most of the outer wall. Perfect. She raced over and fumbled with the latch, then tried to heave the heavy pane of glass open.

"A little help?" she grunted.

visualspice

Jack hesitated.
"What... wait- you're thinking of escaping that way?"

He grabbed her by the collar of her shirt, intending to yank her back.
"Do I need to remind you I tried that once and that's kinda why we're here?"

Geeze- was this woman as dense as bricks!?

DragonSong

Fiona twisted to look at him, frowning slightly. "Look, we don't have a lot of time here, and it's officially your fault I'm in this mess, and I'd rather not be killed for some stranger at the moment. So unless you've got a better idea, help me get this window open and then help me undo the back of my dress, alright?"

Her completely mad plan relied on this man trusting her, at least for the next thirty seconds or so, and hopefully not sharing her secret after that.

visualspice

And just as he was going on to protest, his words choked inside his throat. An dhe doubled over, coughing.
"Wait.. what!?"

And right behind them he heard the sharp cry, "THERE THEY ARE! SEIZE THEM!"

DragonSong

"Shit!" Fiona cursed, whirling to see the armored men thundering toward them. A sudden burst of terrified strength helped her shove the window wide open. She grabbed for Jack's shoulders, pulling him with her up onto the sill.

"Me or them," she said quickly, flexing muscles in her shoulders she'd never really used before, muscles she prayed wouldn't let her down. "Make a choice, and make it fast."

visualspice

"What- uh... huh? You or...?" What was she, crazy!? And couldn't he pick himself!?

DragonSong

Alright, they were officially out of time. "I'm really, really sorry, please trust me," she said in a rush, wrapping her arms around his shoulders and snapping her wings open with a sharp crack. She winced as they tore through the fabric of her dress. She'd never done that before.

She looked Jack in the eyes, hoping he could just go with this, praying it would actually work, and somewhere in the back of her mind wondering how it had gotten to this point.