Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

YEAR TEN plots for THE CONNLAOTHIAN CIVIL WAR

Started by visualspice, February 25, 2017, 03:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Sooooooooo, much has happened and I need to update the information page, however, I'd more of an advocate for actually working and doing plots atm than playing catch up on background information that already occurred (but I promise I will get to those updates at some point, it just might not be until the summer D: or when I have more free time.. aka- no evening classes)

Anywho, that being said I've already started plotting NEW things and NEW events to take place after Blaith conquers Ahjfeld; so I think it's more or less appropriate to establish a plotting thread for this year's event.

As it is mentioned here: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=14741.msg148391#msg148391 ; I'm thinking Hellvion will have a show for a fall of power (and grace) when it's one small event goes on where the Duchess, Melora, and a lot of her supporters, dies (or disappears, etc) during the super ship she spent to built that sinks far out at sea during it's main voyage (SotE's Titanic, anyone? XD )

That's an event in itself, and I'd be up to more plots with that, currently it just has the duchess of Folkvar on board having an awkward reunion with her lover from her youth (and potential father to her eldest, Sunniva).

As it stands, @Whim and I are plotting for his character Wylie to be taking some form of Duke like control of the duchy of Ahjfeld that is now conquered (as to be plotted/ promised via Blaith- we are working on this via PM)

Katahnia Harmond, a known figure countering the war with peace, is gathering her own set of followers (some of it being a large gathering of soldiers in their own right) while another mass is gathering to become active by other means (I'm plotting with @Wycliff on this one- but I'm seeing this as a potential multi-year effect/ event, maybe)

The Grand Duke himself is going to start appealing more towards the working class, by a potential 'baby mama' (or second wife, as it were) with the woman, the commoner, who gave birth to the famous baby (and his (KNOWN IN SECRET, ONLY)) , his only son! The baby's name is Hope and right now, he's becoming a symbol for that as the draft is unfolding, forcing more soldiers into the war.

Supporters of the war or waning, but Fokvar is one of the many duchies remaining strongly supportive, due to their close connection with the crown. That being said, the current duke their (rped by @Draconian ) is a power hungry Duke hoping to secure more and ample power and wealth for himself. He has no heirs, but he proposed heir he plans to use as a puppet to marry off to Blaith Harmond's sister , Kella, whom ends up being hunted after by many, many seeking her as a big game changer in the war. She is, after all, Blaith's twin sister, and seemingly the main reason he goes off the deep end to storm across Connlaoth to the mage camps in the north and destroy them. Kella will, at some point (that has been somewhat plotted!) will be married off to the heir of Folkvar in an attempt to gain an upper hand on BOTH sides of the war- one effort to bring Blaith to their knees bfeore Folkvar and in doing so, making Folkvar become the 'hero' of this war (for surely the war will end when Blaith is taken out!- never mind the resistance before he even dragged out his army to conquer)

I'm sure there are other ideas, but I'll keep posting them here as I remember them or if I forget them, please tag me and our thoughts and we can keep an open discussion on the year ten events, here!

I know @Lion your one duchy is going to change heirs, so maybe you can explain that more in detail here.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

SO, Falkenrath will be experiencing a power vaccuum of sorts. I'd think by this point in the war, Falkenrath has been overextended in the war-effort, standing by the Grand Duke, and as a result, much of it's territory has been destroyed from both sides. With such a large territory to cover, and much of it's resources destroyed or pillaged, Falkenrath has become something of a ghost province.

The Brennick family has been broken with Duke Michael dead, Brandur missing, and Willian deceased as well. Charles, the heir, struggles to keep the province together.

Roland Harker sees this as an opportunity to possibly aid Falkenrath, although many are hesitant to allow him to give aid, and restore the land to it's people. He makes it pretty clear he is marching against the Grand Duke's forces, and seeing as Falkenrath has a pretty loyalist population, many are resistant to the idea.  But people are also starving soooooo *waves scale around*

As an aside, Oakley Brennick and his lover Renna attempt to leave the borders of Falkenrath, just to find some peace, but are probably captured by Roland and maybe he sees them as a bargaining piece? 

Just thoughts!

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

@GoblinFae - this is the year in the war in which Melora (and family) will most likely lose their reign of power (potentially cause she's going to lose her life, and her husband has been sickly, it might be presumed he's dead at this point). So there's always the potential for your character to step in to make his claim at this point (and I'm sure Davina, of all people, would despise this beyond belief)

This year, or the previous, Melora's daughter Aella would have been married off to @Moonie 's Duke Micah of Orchy.

KEEP IN MIND NEW AND OLD MEMBERS ALIKE ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO BRING IN IDEAS AND JOIN IN ON THE MADNESS! :D

That being said, it seems year ten is a big power shift year and two other duchies, Vythe, and Ardal, might become open for potential plottings on a new family of power- so keep this in mind! Allar might as well but I haven't gotten to think too far into Allar at the time, since I'm probably going to have it become a consequential fall once Blaith goes on another crazy war path when he realizes someone is using his sister against him :|
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

So I'm done and forgot that @DragonSong  and I created a new set of characters as the siblings to the new Duke of Allar looooooooooool go me for forgetting this XD
that, however, does not mean power can't change again since there's only one heir and crazy-ness and war. but I figured I'd put this here since I totally forgot that, Dragon, that Gavriella's brother is an heir hahahaha

DragonSong

Oh yeeeeeaaahhh...

Lol, they're so angsty, I kinda forgot they actually have like important duties and stuff 0.0

visualspice

DragonSong

Sure!

Other than their awkward incesty-ness, I don't remember if we had a real plan for them haha

visualspice

@DragonSong  it might be interesting if they had to fight off a siege or something in their own home town, from like within their castle, or somethin' :T

visualspice

Just putting this out there as a potential year 10 (or 11) event; but due to Calent's growing relations with a common woman, he's going to find a way to make a connection with the nobles and common working class by creating a Mirror/Candle lighting kind of ceremony to be held at a newly created 'Light House' by the huge lake located in Matron's hallow (who for the life of me I can't recall the correct spelling of ;_; @Viscount Rhi-Rhi )

The idea is to create a hall full of mirrors, one representing each duchy, and then the entire wall has recesses that any and all visitors can come in and place their own lighted candle within, to show their unity and support and pride for their country. This is also a potential located for if/ when Calent ever gets remarried, as it's going to be announced his wife has recently passed (though truths behind it will be shrouded at best).

Along with this grave news, Calent is going to try to appeal more to the commoners, taking up a commoner as his new 'wife' and adopting her son in as his own, and hoping to use this as a card to appeal more to the people moving forward with the war; since support dips drastically along with the draft, which is instated during year 9.

More secrets are going to be revealed about these mirrors, which were designed upon a dream Calent has now that's he's having more normalized sleep (after decades of barely sleeping an hour nightly). But that's all to be revealed for now :D
But little adopted baby 'Hope' is going to have a pretty big role for how baby he is lol

Lemme know your thoughts and ideas!

I'm working on names for this candle/ mirror house, thinking about 'Hall of Pride' or something to that effect (a short but potent title)

visualspice

Tagging @Draconian since this effects her character Medina XD

Also, just tossing out an idea, the building could be an open air one perhaps? And have some gardens interwoven into its design,- making a parklike setting for those living in the city; and it could be called like 'Garden of Hope' or something- named after his 'adopted' son or something.

Thoughts! *awaits*

Draconian

Oooo.

That also sounds super spooky. Or has the potential to be super spooky.

I like. : D 

visualspice

<3 yep
thinking about connecting this also with some of Calent's OTHER secrets >D

and you know, his time traveling son 8D
Gotta work on Hope's profile at some point >_>
He can't be baby forever!

Draconian

Oooo do it.

Do it. I need to see.  Also I need to know all the secrets. -impatient-

visualspice

I'll get his profile up once I finalize just HOW babu can time travel lol
Got ideas but you know, things gotta be finalized and make cents. Baby gotta make me some money lol (okay I meant sense but yeah...)

Draconian

Well.

Hope's mom is a mage.

And his dad is a Mage That Doesn't Know He's A mage.  So, I assume that'd mean Hope has potential to be a pretty powerful mage. =D Maybe something to do with the mirrors or reflective surfaces or something Super Creepy like that.

visualspice

His father *is* a mage, and a corrupt one (since journey to the Fell and all 8D )
MAYBE HE IS ALSO CORRUPT DUE TO ASSOCIATION OF JUST BEING BORN FROM HIS SEED or something lol
That's a good thought though lol
I hadn't assumed he'd jus tbe able to 'do that' 8D
but yes.. hrmm, I'll think on that :D

GoblinFae

Thanks spicy! *late in replies* Sounds perfect
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || TighearnĂ¡n High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

Quote from: Spicyspice on February 25, 2017, 04:15:29 PM
KEEP IN MIND NEW AND OLD MEMBERS ALIKE ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO BRING IN IDEAS AND JOIN IN ON THE MADNESS! :D

visualspice

@Draconian - Hope got his profile, finally! http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=23328.msg348001#msg348001

Should be interesting to see what trouble Connlaoth will get into because of Calent's 'from the future!' off-spring XD