Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Too *^%$ing cold! (Rina, may or may not turn adult-ish)

Started by Anonymous, October 02, 2011, 06:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Wow. Sure, that first night he may have teased her about asking nicely for what she wanted, but it was disconcerting as hell to hear her actually do it! This must truly be important if she'd go that far!

"Whatever you need, love. This is new for you, and I know I find things a wee bit awkward when I'm in your country sometimes too. You're going better than I thought you might. Better than most do."

If there was a quiet spot where she could just hang out and steam for a little while, that might help to settle things. She could focus then. He tried to spot such a corner while stripping off, but the thing about wearing lots of layers was that occasionally they got in the way...

...oh. Fuck. His grandmother was here.

Anonymous

Michael nodded, wishing she could bite her own tongue out. But she needed to talk to these people and this was just too much all at once. Her face was a vivid red, her expression angry and stubborn as she started to strip out of the layers of heavy clothes she had been bundled in.

She had gotten to the bottom layer when she noticed an older woman approaching them, smiling and waving at Sasha. Michael glanced over at the man, one eye brow raised, "Someone you know?"

Anonymous

"...Yep. My grandmama. Welcome to the family, wifey."

Anonymous

"...really?" Michael perked up a little, hands still on the laces of her shirt, delaying having to fully strip.

The woman approached, hugging Sasha tightly, "My little rabbit! You are back! And who is this?"

Anonymous

"Hello baba!"

His grandmother's face was a bit like looking at a map. One of those topographical ones, with millions of lines to show the altitude. When she smiled, sometimes her eyes disappeared in a mess of crinkles.

She's called him little rabbit for as long as he can remember. Since his first time in a hotpool - "skinning the rabbit" was what she called it when she helped him undo all the knots and buckles of his clothes, raised his arms to get the shirt over his head.

"Actually, I...er, I got married."

"You got married? Why didn't you tell us? Why didn't you invite us?!"

Anonymous

Michael gave the woman a bright smile, "He just demanded a quick wedding. Said he couldn't live without me. Didn't you darling?"

Anonymous

Oh. Okay. She wanted to play this game...he could do that.

The good thing about doing this performance with her was that she was nice and small. Easy to bundle up in his arms until her feet didn't touch the ground. He kissed her. Extravagantly, because sometimes that was fun too.

"Can you really blame me, love?"

Anonymous

Michael almost didn't manage to repress the urge to kick Sasha in some delicate places. She gave him a sharp smile, dangerous and promising, "Oh no. But you didn't tell me your grandmother was so close."

She shoved down her distaste for the casual nudity and hugged the older woman, letting her cheeks get pinched.

The old woman beamed, looking Michael up and down, "You are a thin one! Make sure my little rabbit keeps you warm!"

Anonymous

Sasha nearly choked he was laughing so hard...but it didn't last long. His grandmother cocked an eyebrow at him, giving him a good hard prod in the chest with one bony finger.

"What's so funny child? A man has duties to his wife you know, and we get awfully bitchy when we're cold. Step up and keep her warm and happy or get out. Your mother will say the same when you tell her...though she might ask for a grandbaby or two first."

Anonymous

Michael choked. It wasn't really that she was offended or hadn't heard worse, but she hadn't been expecting it. She tried to cover it by laughing, shaking her head, "I doubt he'll be doing much of that. He's been sleeping outside the last few nights. Your grandson always seems to know how to say the wrong thing."

She was not touching that baby thing.

Anonymous

"Sorry baba, but I'm going to have to disappoint her. I'd be a wretched father, and she has lots of grandbabies already..."

"Oh yes, she has little fat grandbabies all over Connlaoth thanks to you." His grandmother laughed. There was a knowing little gleam in her eye, she was barely suppressing the urge to wink at Michael and she seemed to take a great deal of pleasure in listening to him splutter a string of half-hearted excuses.

"Um...um..."

"Don't look at me like that, my rabbit, I know what you get up to down there. I know."

Anonymous

"He's not very subtle about it. He can't seem to keep out from one woman's furs or another." Michael grinned, often having the same problem herself. It was surreal talking about this with someone's family though. It all felt like some strange dream.

Anonymous

Sasha knew that somewhere under the beard, he was blushing. Bright, flaming red.

He wasn't exactly some delicate little shrinking violet or anything, but they were laughing at him. A lot. A lot. Two on one, and that just wasn't any kind of fair!

He had to get Mishka back to work, or else it might never stop.

"Baba...have you heard anything about mages gathering? We heard rumours before we left Connlaoth that someone was magic-bombing the Grand Duke, and you know what they're like down there. Mishka's got magic in her family, and if they lash out because of the rumours...well, she's a little worried about what might happen to some of her people. Aren't you, love?"

Anonymous

Michael was loving Sasha's vivid blush, but her fun was ruined when Sasha brought up the mages. She needed to focus, pay attention to what was going on in this place.

The old woman paused, her wrinkled face thoughtful, "I don't know about any plots, but there have been talks of mages gathering."

Anonymous

Yeah, so he was a terrible, no good, very bad grandson. He really did feel bad about lying to Baba.

Still, he'd promised he would help Michael, and if there really WAS something going on then he'd bet everything he owned that the great and the good of Connlaoth who made all the important decisions would settle on some kind of heavily armed solution to deal with it. That seemed to be a flavour of problem-solving they liked down there. Particularly when it came to magic.

...If Connlaoth brought the weapons out, no one would come out of this a winner.

Sasha peered sideways at Michael from under thoughtfully lowered brows, trying to read her expression. It was fucking hard trying to gauge her responses to this.

What exactly had that poor bastard Murray Carwardine - not that he liked the man very much, not really, but there were some things no one deserved - said when she was with him?

What could he have possibly said to send her all the way up here like a dog after a hare?

Anonymous

"Oh?" Michael managed to keep her expression bland and voice steady. She wanted to grab the old woman and shake the information out of her, but that wouldn't help anyone, "And...what is it they are gathering for?"

The old woman just shrugged, "Magic things I imagine."

Anonymous

"D'you know where, Baba?"

She shugged. There were tremors in outlying regions. "Ask your mother. She's over there somewhere. She or your father will know better than I do, I forget what was said when we heard..."