Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

On thin ice (Gaunt)

Started by Anadwen, January 20, 2014, 01:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

"Because... Because of my brother." she shrugged, glancing at Athran's face.

And mention the devil...

The knight groaned, slowly opening his eyes. He blinked in the bright light, obviously confused, and stopped Anoriel. "What... What's happening?" he whispered. They were already quite far from the place where they fought those beasts, and he remembered nothing since then. Anoriel sighed with relief. "It's... A long explanation... Can you walk?" she asked, looking him over.
Athran looked at the ground and moved his feet to keep himself standing. "Maybe."
"Because that armoury of yours is heavier than a sack of potatoes!" his sister complained.
"That armoury of mine saved your neck more times than you can count on your hands. Show a little gratefulness and stop whining." Athran replied coldly.

He had about enough of her complaining along the entire way...

Brisinger987

"Oh thank Haruspex, you're awake. And you made her stop complaining. I'll buy you a drink for that one." Halford stopped, and turned, looking at the pair. He examined Athran. The only real problem after that healing session would be Athran's energy. The wounds were all at healthy, non problematic stages.

"Now, if we're done, I'd like to reach town before nightfall, without encountering any more of those things."

Anadwen

Athran let go off Anoriel, pushing his bag into her hands. "I agree. I doubt I could take the big one once again..." he nodded, stretching himself that even his bones made a series of silent cracks. "Anoriel will take the bags... Instead of complaining, she could do something useful." he glowered. Anoriel's jaw dropped as he simply handed her all his things and walked away towards Halford.

He was still tired and his wounds were a bit painful, but he could walk and move freely without difficulties... It wasn't Anoriel's work - her power wasn't that great. It must have been this stranger, then...

"She whines like a little child. I'm getting fed up." he muttered.

Brisinger987

"I noticed. She said you're her brother? How the hell did you survive growing up with her?" Halford had to admit, the man had some steel to have grown up with her as a sister.

"And those things weren't just your dream. They're very real. Unfortunately."

Anadwen

"I realized that damn fast. There was one huge one before... I drowned it." he groaned, still stretching his body. He shot a short glance towards Anoriel, walking behind them with all their bags, and smirked. "A quick smack on the head solves it. I'm older than her... And also stronger. I used to hang her on a tree when she opposed me." he admitted.

"Besides, I practically raised her when our father didn't give a damn about us..."

Brisinger987

"That's fair enough... I don't know my parents. Born and raised by my tribe. Not that that's any fun." Halford sighed, beginning to see the village up ahead.

"Here we are..."

Anadwen

Athran sighed with relief. He wouldn't say it out loud, but he was getting tired. "If they have an inn, it's the first place I'll aim for." he smirked. Inns, the sweet wells of forgetfulness...

"At least you were raised by someone. My father finished with raising when I could hit the center of a target with a bow at the first try." he laughed harshly. Elesian forgot to interfere in his children's lives when they knew how to fight.

"Are we there already?" Anoriel shouted from behind. Athran didn't give her an answer, instead peering into the distance. The village was indeed drawing near... "We're not!" he cried out back.

Brisinger987

"Same here. Your sister owes me a drink." Halford smirked back at Athran. The guy hadn't run when he was told, but he liked the guy. He was amusing company. He did want to give this guy a drink for shutting the girl up though.

"We just realised we have gone an hour in the wrong direction. Do a 180, and walk in that direction for two hours, and DO NOT look back! We'll find you tomorrow morning."

Anadwen

Athran burst out laughing, but then realized that Anoriel has his bag, and with it several things he would need... "No! First, bring me my bag. Then turn!" he shouted, grinning. Anoriel rolled her eyes over. "Your stupid pranks aren't funny!" she yelled.

Strange, he thought, I find them very funny. And this guy apparently shared his dark sense of humor... He smirked. "She owes drinks to both of us."

Brisinger987

"Oh, and don't forget, if you see another one of those giant monsters, stick your head in it's mouth, they become friendly if you do that." Halford laughed, before continuing to the village.

"Well then, when we get to the inn, first round's on her." Halford smirked back at Athran.

Anadwen

"First two if she flirts with anyone." Athran added. They were almost in the village... But it appeared smaller than he hoped. Was there even an inn there? It appeared more like an encampment than an actual village.

He yawned. "I think I'll fall asleep before I finish the first jug, though." It was either due to blood loss, or something else, connected to the battle, but he was incredibly tired - if it wasn't so cold, he would have dropped onto the ground and fallen asleep straight away.

Brisinger987

"Come on, just down the cliff a bit." Halford led them to the edge of a cliff where a path lead down to a complete village, sheltered by the cliff.

"The inn is right at the centre."

Anadwen

Anoriel finally managed to catch up with them, and appeared behind their backs, covered in bags and packs that Athran handed her. "If you weren't so big... I'd... I'd..." she gasped. Athran only shrugged. "If. Keep dreaming. Besides, you pay the first round in the inn... And also the second, if you attempt to flirt with anyone."

The elf-maiden let out a hiss, but she couldn't do anything against his remarks - he was stronger than he seemed, and she wasn't in the mood for a fight. She just sighed and followed them, as they  walked down a narrow path to the village.

Brisinger987

They arrived at the cosy little inn, which wasn't void of people, but certainly wasn't a bustling tavern.

"Welcome to the Frost Dragon Inn my fellow elves. Make yourselves comfortable."

Anadwen

Athran entered first, looking around in the small room. He approached the innkeeper, who immediately looked him up and down, raising a brow at his ripped clothes and considerable state. Anoriel followed him, turning towards the narrow staircase, apparently leading to the rooms upstairs.

"Two... No, three rooms, and a big jug of wine." he asked off the innkeeper, and the short man disappeared behind a door by the counter. Anoriel dropped Athran's bag on the floor. "Are you meaning to get drunk?" she questioned him, visibly not too amused.

Athran nodded. "Yes. Do you see anything better to do around here?" he replied cynically.

Brisinger987

Halford stepped indoors and saw that Athran had asked for the rooms.

"Annetta! Long time no see. We've just been out in the tundra, hunting bugs." Halford leaned in real close, and whispered to the bartender.

"Warn the town, they're bigger than before. These two tried to fight one, and their swords and arrows did nothing. I'll leave my friend on overwatch for you guys. Any bigguns come close, he'll kick em down the gorge. If they don't fall off first. It's if they spawn in the town that there's an issue..."

Anadwen

Athran turned to Halfor with a question in his eyes. "Besides... You haven't even introduced yourself. Just reminding you." he uttered, leaning against the frame of the door. Anoriel completely ignored both him, the dark elf, and the bartender, sitting on the stairs and waiting for someone to appear and take their bags.

"Do those things appear often around here?" he wondered silently, staring into the distance.

Brisinger987

"My name is Halford, Halford Zanak. And yourselves?" Halford realigned his swords, his huge staff/spear/pike falling off his back. He picked it up, and stood, looking rather majestic with the sceptre.

Anadwen

"Athran Daineth. Over there's Anoriel, my sister. You may have heard of me... And if not by my name, then by this." His right hand reached for the beautiful long sword, hanging by his side. Its black blade glinted in the candlelight, and appeared before his face.

Suddenly, standing in the shadows of the inn, he looked strong and majestic as he really was, despite ripped remains of clothes hanging from his body and blood, dried on his face. The Black Sword in his whole grace and power...

"...The Black Sword."

Brisinger987

"Oh yeah. One of my old jobs got outsourced to you! No hard feelings, I suppose though, eh?" Halford found it amazing how small the world was, how you could hear a name and then come across them without ever intending it.

"It's a lovely name. I don't have a nickname."