Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Jotunheim are Dead, Dear

Started by AevumEternity, November 12, 2016, 06:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

The reindeer blood caused steam to rise from the permafrost in great, white plumes of smoke. The massive beast lay on its stomach, tearing one of the domesticated animals in twain, crunching the thick bone between its powerful teeth. The demon's massive mane shook as it tore apart its quarry. The large scales on its hide glimmering in the harsh sunlight.

Black, soulless eyes flickered across the white tundra, past the slaughtered herd. She had been starving in these past few weeks, wandering this icy waste. These was no war here, no where for her to gain a profit. The great manticore froze suddenly- there was an unusual scent on the breeze, it made her bristle with unease... What was this..?
Pushing herself up, she swung her great head to and fro, search the white landscape for the source of the smell, black lips curling back from terrible yellow fangs.

Gawfy

Gawfy had been Wandering In this Godforsaken Stretch of land for what seemed like Days. His luck seemed to turn on him, Again. But things where looking up, He did find a Snow rabbit. After killing it he made a small campfire. He Started Cooking when the snow started to pick up. Not only that but Gawfy swore he could have felt tremors while Wandering. He turned his back and Continued cooking while on his guard.

AevumEternity

The beast's nostrils flare faintly- smoke- and cooking flesh. Charring flesh over frozen flesh, only warmed by its quickly freezing fluids was a meal she'd gladly take as quality over quantity. Pushing her great, muscled from up from the ice, the frost forming upon her, great chunks of white falling from the monstrosity as she began to pad toward the smoke. Head low- steadily gaining speed as she moved more quickly across the ice.

If he were to look up from his fire, he would see a stadily growing shape drawing nearer... Slowly... The tremors growing steadily more pronounced and violent.

Gawfy

Gawfy continued to cook. He Pulled out a Bottle of rum and started to pour it into the searing pan giving the meat a succulent Flavor. He Looked up as he finished cooking it and putting it on a relatively clean whetstone as to use it as a plate. He noticed a Shadow through the snow. And it seemed to get bigger at an alarming rate. Gawfy Kept his food in his right hand as he grabbed his bags and  walked away from the camp site. "probably wants to know whats up with that fire" Gawfy said as he Kept is left arm aimed at his Fire.

AevumEternity

Of course the beast did, upon noting the single figure, her bestial lips curled back into a smirk. Easy meal... Quickly speeding up, clouds of snow exploding each time a massive pad struck the snow- steam rolling from her nostrils as she ripped across the tundra- growing closer until the abomination was nearly upon him, noting the massive sword upon the man's back idly- less then a hundred feet from the man now and preparing to pounce upon him-

Gawfy

Gawfy Dropped his food when he saw How massive it was, even from that far away. He Drew his sword with his right Hand Making a thud as his Crashed into the Ground. He then waited for It to close in.  When it got close he was gonna Give it a surprise when it closed in.

AevumEternity

Immediately she sensed the power from the blade, the calm assurance making her snarl before she lifted from ground. Immediately the beast slamming into him with immense force, causing the very ice to shatter with the force on which the manticore landed upon the man- huge talons sinking into his armor and flesh~

Gawfy

Gawfy Crashed Into the ground. He Felt his abdomen Get torn into. As he hit the Ground he punched into the beasts Chest with his left arm. The Plate Covering the cannon was lifted. A Loud Btooom Rang in his ears as he Shot into The beast on top of him. He Felt the Wight of the Claws off of him so he Kicked his way out from under It. Picking his sword back up He took a few steps away from the best as it Felt its wound. You just couldnt ask nicely could you? Gawfy had no idea why he was talking to an animal. But to be fair he hadnt seen anything alive to talk to in days.

AevumEternity

The monster seemed vaguely surprise that the traveler was lugging around a cannon seemingly in his back pocket. A great black stain stretched across its chest, the scales seeming undamaged by the explosion. Shaking its great head,its mane making a sound like a thousand spears being rattled together, it fixed him in its black stare- lips curling back in a sneer. Of course not, it seemed to say, though nothing but a gutteral snarl lifted from its horrifying maw. The manticore pressed itself in a prowling stance- simply seeming to wait to see what the man would do though it seemed to have the ability to simply rip in half in a mere second... But it seemed to be enjoying the sound of a voice as well.

Gawfy

Gawfy's Ears Perked up when he heard it talk. You can talk?Then why the Hell did you pounce me you Gawfy was thinking what Kind of insult a Manticore would find.....insulting but came up blank
He then Saw the Small Lead ball Drop from the silver Scales. He put his hand over his stomach wound and snickered to himself.  And the fucking cannon trick didn't work, just my luck Well i guess i wont bother reloading it. He said as he Got his blade in both hands.His Helmet Crawled Up from his back And Bit over his head to cover it. You are really limiting my choices here you know that? He said as he waited for a response. He Didnt like Going berserk but it would look like he might if this beast Didnt stop attacking.

AevumEternity

The manticore began to pace before him, head low, lips curled back in the same sneer. No- it had not spoken, but it seemed rather amused he thought it had. This time the beast parted its jaws, out of the massive fangs came a voice so silken, so sweet it was almost impossible to believe it came from the monster," Share. Human- I do not have the ability to create flame myself, so I cannot cook the flesh I... Harvest." The mosnter's red tongue swipes over the plated jaws, soulless eyes glaring at him.

Gawfy

Gawfy didnt know what to think at the Time. He felt like if he agreed the monster would just kill him the second his back Turned. He Found his whet stone in the snow Next to him and the rabbit he cooked. He Picked it up with out losing eye contact he threw it over to the beasts way. There are a lot better ways to ask if you can use some one camp you know.Well to be fair Most manticores Didnt talk so he had to cut it some slack. Look you bring Me back what ever you "harvest" and ill cook it? Deal With a flourish he Slowly but his sword on his back. But he Dug his hand into one of his toolbelt pokets.

AevumEternity

Briefly glancing down at the tiny snow that fell near one massive paw, it snorted," What am I supposed to do with a pebble used for sharpening butter knives, mm?" the honeyed voice sneered before the creature turned abruptly, the great barb on its tail sailing mere inches past his face witha  metallic screech as the beast began to trot away- great muscles heaving an rippling," Do not disappoint me, Man. I could always use you instead of the quarry I have sewn." With that, the abomination in the gods' eyes took off at a lope- back towards the slaughtered herd of reindeer~

Gawfy

Just gawfy's Luck he thought he had reached down and grabbed the Rabbit he had cooked. They did Fall right next to each other. But as fate would have it he would throw the stone instead of the food. He Dug out the rabbit. Still a bit warm! He walked next to his fire and re heated it a little. his head was still woozy after the blood he had lost he Dug around his camp bag to get his fairy dust, After rubbing some on the wound He Got the rabbit Bits and was about to eat them. He Looked up to see the beast that mauled Him already back. He Sighed as he held out the Rabbit.

AevumEternity

The monster held the half torn carcass of a reindeer in its great jaws. Now no more then four feet from the man, it dropped the frozen carrion directly upon the first, causing it to extinguish almost immediately. The demon looked at the dead fire in confusion,"... This is... Cooking? How... Quaint." It tilted its head to one side, not seeming concerned with the man before it at all- it's not as if he could hurt the monster any way- nothing harmed Aev'iterna the demonlord mercenary...

Gawfy

Gawfy Watched as It Dropped what looked like a Deer Right on top of the Fire. He Stood up and removed the deer. he held out the rabbit.Here just eat this for the  time being. After about 15 Minutes Gawfy had the Deer Skinned and Quartered. He Started the fire back Up and dropped some of the Game on his skillet. It sizzled and popped as it emitted a Tasty smell. He saw The Beast about ready to rush the fire. So how was my Rabbit? He asked

AevumEternity

The beast had settled on its stomach, now no more then two feet from him. Massive head resting upon even large claws- it had swallowed the tiny morself in a single gulp. Its large eyes fluttering shut as the flames flickered harsh light across its massive scales.
" Unsatisfying but adequate." The manticore rumbles in response. It seemed to be growing more comfortable despite the steadily dropping temprature- the wind was picking up, howling with the promise of snow.

Gawfy

Gawfy Put more of the meat in the pot as he saw it eat his rabbit in one gulp. He Got his Rum out again and poured it all over this Pot full of meat. After about ten minutes the Pot was ready. Gawfy took it off the Fire. He Then put the cooked meat Next to the Beast. Dont have any plates So we are gonna have to make Due. He Knew cooking the meat like This was gonna take forever. So Gawfy pulled his sword from his back and Jury Rigged it with some Sticks and rocks to stay over the fire. He was able to put almost all of the meat on the blade over the fire. Never Thought i would be Using my sword like this. He turned to The beast. So if you speak does that mean you have a name?

AevumEternity

" Every demon has a name-" the beast rumbles, turning away from him. As it did so- the monster seemed to shrink, the massive scales slidings from its frame, mane slowly fluttering away with the wind. The beast slowly seemed to disappear until its place was a young woman. She hunched over her bare legs, hugging her knees to her chest, shivering slightly in the freezing wind- steel grey ringlets cascaded down her slender back, though her ribs stood out against flawless skin.
The young woman was absolutely stark naked- or the monster persay. But demons probably didn't have to worry about clothing all too often. But it was clear this one was not doing too well- no wonder it seemed so desperate to find food- and a fire,"- mortals who know demoncraft invoke such names to control us. I shall not share mine with the likes of you."

Gawfy

Gawfy wasnt that fazed that we was dealing with another demon. Hell this probably happened to him every other week. He took off The Cloak around his armor and threw it over the Woman. Demon or not we all get cold.Made more sense why she attacked him over the fire now. He went back and Gave her the Deer pelt he carved up. He went back over to the food. Well what should i call you then? Beast, Lion,? He asked as he flipped the Food with one of his throwing Knifes

Tags: