Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wolf's First Strike [M]

Started by Tundrah, December 27, 2016, 02:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tundrah

M for gore

The voice felt like an icicle in his brain Push on Servant, we are almost at our destination it hissed, pushing Valdiz on wards. After hours? Days? The lycan did not know , but he had finally reached his destination. A small village sat before the necromancer, tents where set up in a disorganized fashion  and a small trail of smoke rose above the town from the fires set up in the shelters. A rather small, wispy looking man approached the currently hooded figure "Greetings sir. Can we help you? Perhaps you need food after your long journey?" He asked with genuine sympathy in his voice Kill them.  Screams erupted from those nearby as the lycan snapped out at the man with his teeth which made contact with his neck. Blood sprayed everywhere as his head feel into the blood-stained snow and his body went limp.

The necromancer began to use more effective methods of killing, blasting bolts of void at the locals. As one struck a women , her eyes went dark and she began to violently cough. Before long she was on the floor coughing in a pool of her own regurgitated blood.

Soon the village was a husk, like most of it's inhabitants now were. Some were tore into ribbons by the lycan, their bones scattering the ground and their terrified faces rolling in the snow. Some stood as souless shells,zombies, husks of the person they used to be. Valdiz smiled as he inhaled the scent of blood and death "Truly a wonderful display "

Medievarad

The scent of blood and death clouded the air. Limadan could smell the dread that slowly faded into existence.

But beyond all that, there was a force of void magic at work. While it was dwarfed by his own raw power, it still was void magic. And any wielding that could be considered a friend.

And so, the giant of a man made his way over.

Snow and ice, aswell as bones and limbs cracked and broke under the massive plateboots. An aura of dread surrounding him, the air grew heavy.

The heretic king had arrived. His presence only heralded by the flesh of the dead slowly withering and corroding. He had to compliment whoever initiated this carnage. It was quite amusing to see.

"It seems I was late," he started as he approached the lycan. "I had planned on taking their souls. But it seems the quarry goes to you."

Tundrah

The lycan sensed the raw power approaching him before he turned to see it's wielder.
The giant creature was...well he wasn't too sure what it was, but it had power , lots of power. This is the one we seek.He is your key to power; and to life, even after death. Valdiz did not find this difficult to believe, the  giant stood even taller than most lycans and was clearly involved in some kind of dark magic. He could sense it radiating off him.

In a rather broken and rough tone, the necromancer spoke "You are the one I seek. " The cold presence in his mind spoke again Tell him you serve the void,as he does. I have lead you to him so you may better serve it . Obeying, the lycan continued in his broken tone "I serve the void. As you do...I have been lead to you, so I may, serve it better" The lycan would have to get used to the common tongue, his race did not use it other than to  order slaves or to ward off aggressors.

Medievarad

The giant frowned, then bellowed a deep and maniacal laughter across the tundra. "Then tell me, necromancer. What is your name and whom sent you?" He glanced at the lycan, dark eyes visible in the assorted holes of the face mask. "Because I do not serve the void, I serve the rightful sovereign of this world. The lady of Harmaa."

Tundrah

The lycan silently hissed at the cold voice in his head , before addressing  the giant "I am Valdiz. I have been sent by.." The necromancer paused for a moment, considering what to exactly call the being that he served "a being from the void. It's name I do not know.." Perhaps I was not clear about whom he serves, he serves one within the void, that one can bring us both power if she gains enough power in the mortal world.   the voice  said. Valdiz quickly repeated this information to the giant "The one you serve. It has spent time in the void, it has found allies there. Like the one that accompanies me now.

At this point the lycan removed his hood to reveal his wolf-like head, while the biting cold was unpleasant, it was strangely refreshing to feel it on his neck.

Medievarad

"The queen has no allies, merely subjects," Limadan answered with a soft snarl. "But, you are willing to harvest souls and fight in service of the lady of grey. I would be a fool to try and strip that away from you."

He smirked softly under the mask. "And what made you decide to bring ruin to this encampment?"

Tundrah

Valdiz looked around at the carnage he had created.Reaching out with his clawed hands he sent tendrils of void magic towards the remains of his victims. Those still in one piece were ripped apart and melded with the mess of limbs and organs that was growing next to the necromancer, gradually the mess of limbs began to form into a body. Before long a monster, even towering over the heretic king stood "To test my new power. of course." The lycan clapped his hands and the golem of flesh screamed, collapsing to the ground as its body was undone as quickly as it was created. Soon nothing remained but a lump of flesh and blood.
"Also to reap fresh souls." Valdiz said, taking a bow to Limadan and then continued speaking "I have been told you and the lady can bring me power. and purpose in death.So. What would you have Valdiz do?"

Medievarad

The giant, clad in white robes underneath massive plate armour, glanced up at the even bigger being, uncaring and unimpressed. He folded his arms and shook his head. A display of power could not impress him.

"You are wrong, child," Limadan answered with a soft snarl. "The lady gives no power, you yourself hold your power and grow stronger. Power will enforce respect. All shall serve in the end. You are one of the chosen ones to serve now, rather than after death."

A soft snarl came from him. "You grow in power. Harvest more souls. Do you have any means of travel?"

Tundrah

"I have own two feet. I will be able to travel around this region, if I have food" as Valdiz spoke,  turning to the mass of flesh next to him again, he sent out two sparks of void magic. The mass of flesh tore in two before taking the form of a pair of humans. Gesturing to his creations he ordered "Find food in the camp. Human flesh will suffice."

After the necromancer was satisfied his minions were carrying out his command properly, he turned back to the amour clad figure " Where is largest settlement in this region?  I will begin from there. In the shadows. Until I have enough power. Then I will move elsewhere. Valdiz has much to learn about this world.  What is the largest settlement called. And how far?" The lycan asked, he knew he would have to bide his time before he could wipe out towns of significant size, perhaps even then he would require help. No matter, he had waited years in his tribe for this kind of power. He could wait longer for more.

Medievarad

"Your feet are insufficient," Limadan answered with a soft snarl. "Our base lies elsewhere. I have bussiness here," he explained with a soft snarl. "A relic of our lady, in close proximity." His lips curled into a maddened grin.

"Mayhaps you sense it. I am here to retrieve it."

Tundrah

Valdiz focused on the magic around him for a moment. Besides the residue from his massacre, his servants scuttling about to do his bidding, the giant and himself, he could sense something.
The lycan could not be entirely sure what it was but it had a similar aura to that of the being standing before him "I sense.Something. If you would like Valdiz's assistance. I will help. If not give me the location of your base and Valdiz will create a method of transport to it." As he finished speaking, the necromancer turned to the camp. There was still a supply of bodies he could use to design a mount suitable for his needs, although it would require a careful hand to create it. He would wait for Limadan's answer to his offer of assistance before he acted.

Medievarad

"Accompany me," Limadan answered. "I will travel towards, catch up to me with whatever method of transport you wish to create," he answered with a deep breath. "You sense it's being. And mine. Track those."

At that, he turned around to leave with large strides, kicking corpses, severed limbs and other pieces of core out of the way as he walked.

Tundrah

"As you wish" Valdiz said as  Limadan departed. Turning to the mess of bodies, he cracked his knuckles before sending several bolts of void magic towards the freezing flesh. He began to shape it into a being that almost represented a horse , if not for it's bloody flesh and the wisps of void magic leaking out of the being. Satisfied for the moment, the lycan directed for the being to approach him only to find the horse's limbs were weak and caused the creature to move at a snails pace.  Growling, the necromancer ripped the magic powering his creation from it; causing it to collapse into the mess of  flesh it was originally. This creature would require more thought..

After about 20 minutes, the lycan knew how to fix his creation "If 4 legs are weak. Add 4 more." he muttered before weaving the void magic back into the clump of flesh, this time however, the creature had a fatter but lower torso with 4 spindly legs attached to each side. Beckoning to his second attempt at a mount , the creature crept forwards. Quicker than the last, and more stable, the lycan mounted the being and, despite the creature's legs straining under the added weight, it moved along still. Laughing triumphantly , the necromancer pointed his mount in the direction of  Limadan and it skittered towards him, his two other minions now following in it's wake carrying the unused remains of the villagers.