Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A faith encounter (DragonSong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

-I don't really know...all I know is that I want to see the world! -

He said, smiling.

-Can you tell me about it?! What should I know? Do I need clothes like yours? Is it hard to walk on legs? -

So many questions rushing trough his head.

DragonSong

"Whoa, whoa, slow down," Calen laughed. "First of all- yes, clothes are usually a good thing." He thought for a moment, then held up a finger. "Don't go anywhere."

He stood and moved to where he'd dropped his pack, then returned with his extra change of clothes. "Here, try these on."

Mephistel

Nyx followed Calen with his eyes until he came back, holding a set of clothes for him to try on. That would be a first. He smiled, like a child who just received the toy of his dream and push himself out of the water, revealing the rest of his slender body, in all it's...nakedness.

Something that was easy to notice, was that Nyx was barely standing on his own two feet, he rarely went out of his river, so walking on two legs was also something new. Unaware of the uneasiness it could cause, he took the clothes and unfolded them, trying to figure out how to wear them.

Ending up with trying to put the pants over his head.

DragonSong

"Oh, gods."

Calen decided laughing was his best option. He'd met a few nature spirits before, so he was at least semi-familiar with their apparent distaste for clothing. That didn't stop him from blushing a little as he moved forward.

"No, that's not- here, those go on your legs. Like what I'm wearing, see?"

Mephistel

It was so easy to make a mistake with humans. Nyx blushed heavily and slowly try putting the pants on like Calen was. Hardly balancing himself while on one feet, he eventually manage to put them on and with a sigh, he let himself fall on the ground.

-That is much harder then I tought!-

He let out, scratching the back of his head, but at least now he wasn't completely naked. Even tough the pants were kind sticking to his skin since he wasn't dry when he put them on. Now, the shirt. This time, he took the time to look how Calen was wearing his before putting it on.

This time, he manage to succeed. he gave Calen a smile, proud of himself.

DragonSong

"There, see?" Calen smiled and clapped him on the shoulder. "Not so bad, right?"

Mephistel

Whole trying to move in them, Nyx manage to fall a couple of time. It wasn't all that comfortable, but it seemed this was the price to pay to walk among humans.

-Ehh...well...I'd rather not wear any...it feel strange...-

He said, while clinging to Calen, his legs still a bit wobbly. but despite the difference in size, they did look good on the undine.

DragonSong

"It'll just take some practice," the mage assured him with a quick smile. "Probably."

He grasped Nyx's arms lightly and guided him back a few more steps, feeling rather like a parent teaching a child to walk.

Mephistel

While trying to get the hang of his feet. He asked.

-So hmm...Calen...why are you so deep into the woods?-

He asked, looking at how his feet were trying to get one in front of the other and not instinctively trying to swim. But still holding to Calen's arm, even tough he felt a bit embarrassed

DragonSong

He shrugged. "Traveling. Looking for work. Thought I'd make for Arca, but I needed a place to take a rest. It's a bit of a trek from here."

Slowly, he released the water nymph to stand on his own feet. "There you are. See, not so bad!"

Mephistel

He had to get use to it. Standing on his own two feet. But he was determine and he had to do it. The undine started to walk around, testing his legs without support. It wasn't easy but he eventually got the hang of it.

-I see...is Arca one of your human city?-

He asked, finally able to walk...almost properly. He hadn't try to run yet. He smiled, apparently content with his progress. Then an idea crossed his mind.

-I know! Do...do you think I could accompany you there?-

DragonSong

Calen nodded. "Yes, it's a city. One of the bigger ones in Serendipity."

Then he tilted his head, considering. "Well...sure, I don't see why you couldn't come along," he decided with a small smile.

Mephistel

Hearing the man's answer, Nyx couldn't contain his joy and jump into Calen's arms.

-Thank you!! thank you!! -

He wouldn't be alone for his trip. It would be less scary. Suddenly remembering, he stepped back.

-Ahh, sorry!!-

He joined his hands together, all happy and smiling. He was sure that with Calen's help, he could manage himself. At least, much more the if he was alone.

DragonSong

"Oh, hey, uh- that's alright." Calen awkwardly patted his back and gave him a quick smile when he stepped back. "I'm still gonna need a day, maybe two, before we can really set off."

Mephistel

Nyx smiled shyly and nodded.

-There is plenty of food around so..you can take your time to rest...-

He said, nodding. Looking at him he was really cute, his smile was so innocent.

DragonSong

"Right. Well. Enjoy your...new clothes. I'll just- set up camp, I guess," Calen muttered, rubbing the back of his neck as he backed up a few steps.

Mephistel

Nyx nodded, looking at the man while he set up camp. Eventually sitting down to look at him set up his camp.

-Can I help with something?-

He asked, as he observe him with great curiosity. Looking at the different items.

DragonSong

Calen glanced at him. "Ah- no. That's alright." He flashed a quick smile. "Nothing too difficult needs to get done."

And he didn't really feel like explaining how to properly set up a camp just then, though he was sure he'd have to get around to it eventually.

Mephistel

The undine nodded quietly. The day was passing by and the sun which was high in the sky, was slowly beginning to set in the distance. Even tough he might not notice, he was trying to learn from everything the man just did.

His hands sometimes replicating what Calen had just done, tough without whatever it had been done with.

-Can humans sleep in the water?

It was only natural for him, but he wasn't sure about humans. They were so different and fascinating.

DragonSong

He laughed and shook his head. "No. Well, I suppose we could, but it wouldn't end well. You can't breathe underwater."