Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Eckhart runs out of food and panics. (Closed)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, November 01, 2016, 03:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart Von Musel gingerly hiked down a steep mountain path. "Maybe this was a mistake" he thought to himself.  He had made it through the tundra just fine, he was used to trekking through the snow. But mountains? Mountains he could do without.  After stumbling and nearly falling into a gorge, he reached a considerably less steep area and stopped to rest. Looking at his surroundings, he noticed a juniper bush a few paces away. "Nice!" he thought. He had read about using juniper berries to help clear up congestion, but seeing as the berries didn't grow on the tundra he had never had an opportunity to try it himself.  As he went to put a sample of the berries in his backpack, he made a discovery that caused him to panic.

He only had one dried fish left

Damnit damnit damnit damnit damnit! Eckhart began to realize that he could very well be screwed. He knew the juniper berries he just found function as a sedative, and he'd need his wits about him in order to make it down the mountain. He didn't know how to hunt, and even if he did, what was he going to do? Chase down rabbits with his shortsword?

No, the only option was to try and make it down the mountain and find a town before he ended up starving to death. Grumbling under his breath about how stupid he was, he resumed his trek down the mountain.

Gawfy

Gawfy Had been hiking up this Mountain for about 2 hours now and Couldn't seem to find the cave he was looking for. He continued up the mountain in hopes of just running into it. Walking into a small clearing He Turned his head and heard a low growl. Four wolves Had Hopped out of a cave and Surrounded Gawfy. Musta smelled my Food. He said as He Drew his sword from his Back.
Two of them Jumped at him from the Right, In one swinging arc He Cleaved them Both in Two. Gawfy took his crossbow with his off hand and Shot one of the retreating Wolves in the Sides before it escaped. Gawfy Heard more movement coming down the mountain. He Aimed his Left arm up at the path and waited for what ever it was to show it self.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart suddenly heard a commotion coming from further down the path.  Rushing to where he heard the noise, he enters a clearing and promptly trips over half of a wolf. Catching himself, he looks up and sees a huge man wearing a full suit of armor and wielding what appears to be a metal door on a stick. Upon closer inspection, Eckhart realised that it was supposed to be a sword.

Eckhart's first thought was "Run! If he's an enemy then you're as good as dead!
Eckhart's second thought was "Talk to him, he may be able to help you."
Eckhart's third thought was "What kind of idiot wears a full suit of armor on a hike?"

Deciding to go with the second option, Eckhart timidly asks "Excuse me... um, do you have any food?"

Gawfy

Gawfy got ready for the recoil when a person came around the corner. He Sighed and watched him trip over one of the Wolf carcasses. before hearing him ask him. Do i have any food? Gawfy repeated to the Person as he returned the sword to his back. Yeah i have food with me. he said as he Eyed the person. Small frame. Only a short sword. No chain mail or other armor.
Why are you halfway up a mountain with such little equipment? Gawfy asked Bluntly

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Upon hearing that the man had food Eckhart breathed a sigh of relief.
"Why are you halfway up a mountain with such little equipment?" the man asked. A good question, Eckhart had to admit.  "Well", Eckhart said, "I'm trying to get to Serendipity, but, uh, I didn't bring enough food. I've never been on a journey like this before." Eckhart looks at the carnage left by the man's sword. "So, um, you've been doing this for for a while I take it?"

Gawfy

Ever since i was a boy. Gawfy said as His Helmet Crawled back into the Armor so he could Feel the cool winter air on his face. Scars upon scars Where etched on his face. Each with a very long story. Gawfy reached into one of his many bags and Brought out Dried beef and Held it out to Boy.
Name is Gawfy. He said as he Snow fell around them. you some Sort of novice adventurer? Gawfy asked him as he Took the food.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart took the food and began to eat it. "Nah, I'm not cut out for fighting really. I'm a healer. Or, at least, I'm trying to be. I can only heal flesh wounds. That's why I'm heading to Serendipity, hopefully I can learn a few more healing spells."

Gawfy

Gawfy's attention was quickly Gained with The words Healer. And was Quickly lost with "only flesh wounds" So you cant heal Broken Bones? He asked as he Crossed his arms. You should have traveled with a convoy or a mercenary group. Its Dangerous to travel alone. Gawfy was sure the Boy had Heard this before. As he said that Snow fell from above them
Nasty Dirty Creatures about Four feet high with scrap armor and Scrap weapons Where kackling above them Trolls. Gawfy said as his Helmet reemerged from his armor. In a quick motion The Wolf Like helmet crept up from the back and bit down on Gawfy's head covering it In Steel. As he did so Six trolls jumped Down.
I hope you know how to use that Sword boy Gawfy said as he took his sword out in a flourish letting it rest on his shoulder.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Welp," thought Eckhart "This isn't a situation I anticipated"  Eckhart had, of course, practiced with his sword. Or at least, he read a book about swordplay once. Frankly, Eckhart never expected that he would ever have to use the sword at all, let alone fend off trolls with it. Well aware that he would likely fail whatever minuscule expectations the armored man had of him, Eckhart took what he thought looked like a defensive position.

Four of the trolls went for the armored man. More glory to be gained, Eckhart supposed. As one of the two remaining trolls charged at him with a short blade, Eckhart raised his arm as a shield and let himself get hit. Luckily the troll's blade was dull, and it got stuck in Eckhart'ss arm instead of cleaving through it. With the knowledge that he could heal this wound later, Eckhart bit his tongue so as to hold back a scream of pain. However, his gambit had payed off, and he was now in a position where the troll was at his mercy. Eckhart made a motion to cut off the troll's head, but couldn't put enough force behind the swing and ended up merely cutting the troll's throat.  It was enough however, and the troll collapsed.  Knowing the same trick wouldn't work twice, Eckhart ended up throwing his sword at the other troll in an act of desperation. Through sheer dumb luck, the sword's hilt hit the troll square in the forehead, knocking it out cold.

Gawfy

The First Troll ran up to Gawfy and Swung his hammer at his Chest to no avail. The hammer violently Vibrated causing the Troll to Drop it and Yell in pain as he looked up at Gawfy. Gawfy's Face was devoid of emotion and Cast a cold glare as he Hefted the Sword over his head cleaving the troll to bits. Before the others Could react Gawfy charged one and skewed it. He then Threw the Body off of the blade letting it collide with another knocking it down. The last Troll Jumped in the air with a dagger at Gawfy. With one quick movement he sliced right through him. The torso landing near the Troll attempting to get up and the Other Half sliding towards the boy. Gawfy walked over to the Troll Pinned and hefted the Body off of Him. He then Stomped on its hand Breaking all of its bones in said hand. Bleeding and Scared Gawfy lifted it up with one arm and brought his face to its.
Boo.
He said as he Threw it away from him. It got up and ran off.
Gawfy then Walked over to the boy.  You did better than i expected. Gawfy felt like the Kid needed a break. Words like those from a seasoned Mercenary could cheer him up.
He sat down and pulled a Rag from his Bag and started Cleaning his sword. How was your first fight? Gawfy asked.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart could hear the man say something, but he was too busy concentrating on his wound to make it out. His magic needed his undivided attention, lest something go wrong. Eckhart's hand began to glow with a greenish-blue light. The wound took about three minutes to fully heal.  When he was finished, Eckhart looked up at the man and said "Are you hurt? I wouldn't have survived that without you, so I wont charge a fee if you need healing."

Looking at the path down the mountain, Eckhart continued, "How much farther down will I need to go before I reach the next town?"

Gawfy

Gawfy stood up. To the next town? Well down the mountain itself is about Two Hours. The next town Is about half a days walk. Gawfy said As he Returned the sword to his back. I wouldn't recommend you do, at least Today. It would be Night fall when you got Down, There are all sorts of nasty things roaming the backwoods. He said as he Saw the Blood trail the troll left behind.
After i deal with them Im heading down myself, You could accompany me Gawfy said as he Picked up the Troll Eckhart Hit earlier and gingerly tossing him off the side of the mountain.
Thanks for the healing offer, But ill have to pass. Flesh wounds Heal in days. Broken bones is my main aliment He said Jokingly but with a Hint of truth.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Thanks for the offer, but I'll take my chances"  Eckhart didn't want to admit it, but he was afraid of the armored man. There was something deeply unnatural about his armor, and it made Eckhart uneasy.  "Half a day isn't so bad, I think I'll be fine." 

Eckhart picked up the hammer that the troll had attacked the armored man with. Deciding he liked the feel of this weapon in his hands more than he liked the shortsword, Eckhard shouldered it. Turning around, he thanked the man for his help, and began the 2 hour hike down the mountain.

Gawfy

Then i will accompany you Gawfy said as he Walked towards The Boy. These Trolls can Live one more day. Gawfy thought For sure This Novice mage would get him self killed. One Healer with No armor is Every Beasts Wet Dream. He Walked up next to the boy. My name is Gawfy by the way. He saw  Eckhart get visibly uncomfortable as he offered why wouldn't he? After all he has only seen him mutilate Creatures. When you get to Serendipity learn how to Fix broken Bones He said as he strode ahead of  Eckhart. Then we can talk of paying me back