Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dreams of Light [Closed]

Started by Juno, February 27, 2016, 11:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

He was a little taken aback by her concern over him, thinking her quite genuine even though she had every reason not to be during such a difficult time. "I've been well," he answered calmly, bowing his head slightly out of thanks for her caring nature. "Life is...life."

Ezra lifted his cup to take a few sips of his own drink, eyeing her cup momentarily before returning his attention to her with a bright, friendly smile. "But fortune has treated me well, I suppose, seeing as we had the opportunity to meet again."

Medievarad

"I am glad to hear you have been well," she hummed softly, closing her eyes and sighing softly. She trailed her finger across the edge of her cup.

"You sought me out," she smiled faintly. "I wouldn't imagine calling that fortune."

Juno

Ezra remained a bit tense, noting that she still had not taken a drink of the concoction he called tea. "I did, but I consider it a twist of fate that I heard of you at all," he tried instead, hoping she wouldn't find offense in it if he could not fool her and she knew the truth.

Medievarad

Senna noticed that Ezra was slightly put off. She let out a soft sigh. "Is everything alright?" She inquired, putting her cup on the table to lean forward, pressing her hand against his head to take a temperature.

Juno

He stilled at the touch of her hand against him. Clearing his throat loudly Ezra hummed and averted his gaze, face heating slightly under the unexpected attention.

"I'm quite alright, thank you," he insisted, glancing sadly to the untouched cup and having no idea how he might get her back on track towards drinking any of it.

"No need to worry yourself over me," he reminded her with a chuckle, shaking his head gently in disbelief that somehow the woman he'd spent his day trying to console was trying to offer him her help instead.

Medievarad

"You're quite warm," Senna replied, before sitting back and picking the cup up, bringing it to her lips and sipping it idly, before arching an eyebrow. It tasted quite off, but she wouldn't say anything. For it  was rude and she wasn't ill-mannered in the slightest.

Juno

Ezra shrugged, smiling nervously as he watched her and relaxing a bit once she'd had a bit of the tea he'd brought for her. That she didn't immediately reject it was a blessing in his eyes and, dare he hope, a step in the right direction.

"I appreciate the concern, truly, but it's probably just something...mild," he decided, waving his hand in a gentle, dismissive gesture before reaching to tug at his collar. He really was too warm, but he knew it was entirely nerves and adrenaline, but he could hardly own to those with her. "I really don't feel the least bit odd. Probably nothing serious. You really are too kind," he offered with a twitch of a smile, hoping he hadn't offended her by brushing off her concern.

Medievarad

She shook her head softly at her remark. "I only wish to see those around me in good condition," she explained with a sad smile. "It has nothing to do with being too kind."

She glanced back at the cup of tea still her hands, feeling compelled to take another sip. The taste was off, she didn't like it, but somehow, she felt like she wanted another taste of, to make sure it was just coincidence. And thus, she took another sip of the odd brew.

Juno

He frowned slightly at that, always having thought quite the opposite about her. It was a bit of a blow to hear that he'd been wrong about something to do with her at all.

"I see," he mumbled quietly, watching curiously as she drank again from the cup. It was easy to relax with evidence of her drinking the special brew he'd created for her. Having never tested the flavor personally the mage flashed her a rather pleased smile, proud of his work before any evidence that it was even working.

"How do you find it?" he asked gently, eyes curious as he tipped his chin in gesture to her drink.

Medievarad

"Perhaps it's a selfish desire?" Senna pondered, before she shook her head with a sad smile. "He'd always tell me not to think like that.. That it was just the kindness of me and nothing else. And I believed him," she leaned back in her seat, closing her eyes momentarily.

And, that small breakdown made it so that she couldn't answer his following question. She didn't hear it at all.

Juno

Ezra just stared, blinking in dumbfounded confusion at her ponderings. He offered a sympathetic smile, hoping he might be able to draw her out of whatever feelings she was having. "Was it? Selfish, I mean. Was it for their benefit or your own? Or somewhere in the middle, perhaps?"

Medievarad

"I was always of the opinion that it's both," she glanced up at him, coughing softly. "For my own gain, my personal joy, aswell as others." She frowned softly. "But I shouldn't think like that."

Juno

He shrugged, offering her an understanding smile. "I don't see the harm in finding personal joy while helping others. What would that say about you if you were miserable in the service of others, hm?"

Medievarad

"Fair point," she agreed with a faint nod, putting the cup back down. She rested her face in her hands and sighed softly. Gods.. I haven't slept for weeks now.."

Juno

Ezra kept a close eye on the cup, unable to hide his slight frown seeing that he'd failed to get her to drink it all. He tried to transform that look to empathy, though, shaking his head gently at her admission.

"That's not good for you. Would you like to try and rest? There are several rooms available, you are my only visitor at present," he offered gently.

Medievarad

Senna sighed softly, glancing back up at Ezra. "I," she cleared her throat. A soft shake of her head, platinum manes swaying with the movement. "Not now," she said with a faint smile. "I wouldn't want to abuse your hospitality."

Juno

Ezra watched her closely as she spoke, trying his best to remain patient and sympathetic to her feelings. "Well if you change your mind you only need to tell me. Sometimes the presence of others is simply...soothing." He shrugged, sipping at his drink a bit more. "My offer was not only of politeness."

Medievarad

She nodded slowly. "It is," she answered with a faint smile. "I appreciate the concern, Ezra."

She frowned softly, however, seeming to reconsider. "Mayhaps later."

Juno

Ezra eyed her curiously, wondering if she was actually considering it but not wanting to press her yet. "We can worry about that later. Would you like a conversation partner at all or would you prefer some privacy?" he offered, glancing at her tea to try to judge how much she'd had.