Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Grand Ball(invited/open for nobles)

Started by alex_xr, February 19, 2013, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_xr

Tristan smiled, It had culminated to this moment. A year ago he would of never of thought to be hosting this event to not just the nobles of Summervale but the nobles of the whole country   The manor was just outside  the city and the road to it,  was lit and decorated.  Tristan smiled as he stood at the door with his servants. He hoped Madaline would join him soon but he wasn't sure.  she would.   The drive was lit, the manor was at its best. The several story building stood at the edge of the coast, estate walled for the most part and the sea outside of it regularly patrolled, it was at its best as the estate just waited for people to occupy it.  The estate was full of food, drink and music.  Tristan watched as the stream of carriages began to pull in.

Ycharley

Madaline was at his side after a few minutes. She had to take her time doing her hair and makeup, plus she had to make sure her dress was perfect. She walked beside her husband in a stunning crimson dress. The style was all the rage as of late though few people could get their hands on the type of dress. It had a drop wasted corset which accentuated all her curves that were in all the right places.

wolfie

The trip was long and hard for her. She didn't exactly live close by. She sighed wondering why in the world she had accepted this invitation. Julianna opened her eyes the minute they arrived. She stepped out of the carriage when it stopped. She wasn't sure what to expect at this ball.

She walked in wearing a great dress. She knew the travel and the cost of the dress was high so she managed to remember that as she walked carefully in the dress. She wondered what she had set back her province because of this planning not to do this too often. She walked up to the lord and his lady.

"Lord and Lady, it is a pleasure to be here," she said in greeting not sure what else to say. Her father or husband more did this than her. She knew there were many things she would have to get used to.

alex_xr

Tristan smiled and went through the appropriate greeting. " It is nice to see you my Lady, please make your self at home, You are the first to arrive hopefully not the last. " He said with a slight chuckle but of course the local nobles and such started trailing in.  He saw their carriages approach the estate.   It was going to be a fun evening.

wolfie

Julianna wasn't sure she liked hearing that. She figured given the distance she would be the last to arrive. She smiled and nodded glad to hear the welcome. She wasn't sure what to expect now that she was taking her father's place. She wasn't sure anyone would mention him, but was ready in case anyone did.

She looked around wondering where her daughter had wandered off to. The girl was young enough to get into trouble, and yet old enough to know better by now. She hoped the girl wouldn't rip that beautiful dress or scrape another knee. She sighed not spotting her daughter.

"Your home is magnificent, milady," she said trying to be polite. She never really did much at these functions before except look pretty. It was all her father had asked of her.

Lion

Frankly, he hadn't expected the day to come by so quickly.  As long as it had taken the messenger to arrive on his door, so did it take for them to come to the High Lord's estate in Summervale.  But Doryx had made it seem as if the trip was much shorter, the carriage seeming as if it were going faster though it was in fact going the same speed as it had since they'd left Reighsgard in the far away province of Darken Vei.

Inside he was dreading the ball, to be stuck in a room with so many nobles that he'd be forced to make conversation.  But Devaniee had wanted to come, had wanted to mingle, and after all that had happened in the last two days, Doryx put on a brave face when at last they arrived, his beautiful wife on his arm as they ascended the steps of the manorhouse.  After all it was important for them to make a good first impression, and to act as naturally as possible.  When he saw the High Lord Tristan Anell, he bowed his head in respect, nodding to him before extending his hand in greeting.  "It took us long enough," he said smiling graciously.  "But alas we arrived, and indeed it is a pleasure to finally meet you Lord Anell.  I hope we're not late.  Ah, this is my beautiful wife, Lady Devaniée Marie Acaulian."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

alex_xr

Tristian smiled and took His hand in greeding. " No you are right on time,  and it is wonderful to meet you Lady Devaniee,  I have heard you were beautiful but rumors do not do you justice, My beautiful wife, is around, I will have to introduce her, The night is still young, Let us join the festivities"   Tristian moved out of the way and prepared to leave greeting duty to someone else, if anyone else arrived they would be greeted by the chief servant.

visualspice

Devaniée nodded her head with a wondrous smile. She was positively glowing, her cheeks lightly flushed at his compliment.
"You are too kind. We are just elated that we had the opportunity to attend." She looped her arm into her husband's and gave Tristan a cordial nod. "I'm sure you know how busy my husband can be, what with the university and his research. They have been conducting many interesting things. Perhaps we can all discuss it later." She bowed with grace, holding onto the side of her skirts with her other free hand before rising her eyes to Tristan's, then to her husband. But as the Acaulian's moved to step away, a breath caught within Devaniée's throat as she clutched onto her husband's arm.
Her parents were in attendance. Her parents..

She hadn't seen either in quite a while, and for now, it seemed her mother was preoccupied with the guests, but that didn't stop Devaniée from feeling uncomfortable, so it might have seen peculiar to her husband when she turned to Doryx and asked, "Say, why don't you and I get a drink?" She idly played with a loose curl of her blonde hair. "The road has been long for us from Darken Vei. I'm sure Lord Anell has provided a wonderful array of drinks. Being so close to the ocean allows for fruitful trade, and I know this area is known to have good nectar wines and flowering drinks and punches with floating fruit pieces." She hugged onto him tighter, made a rigid turn, and began to guide him away to the drink able, which was perfectly placed on the opposing side of the room from her mother. THat must have been the one thing that was good about living in Darken Vei. Her mother rarely visited, only traveled for prestigious occasions (prestigious to her meaning balls and other gala events where she could strut her social wiles to the public).

She knew her mother has been gloating about her daughter's marriage to the Lord of Darken Vei ever since. But that was years ago. Letters since have been from her mother pressing grand children, reminding Devaniée how scandalous it seems they've been married for so long without even the announcement they were trying for an heir. But each reply was the same, and every time it became increasingly more difficult to read her mother's letters. Everytime she had to read one, it was as if her mother was watching her over her shoulder, ready to lecture her on the right way to dress, to walk, what to wear, and how to treat her husband. In one sense, her marriage had made her free of her parents, but in the same breath, it was almost feeling like a death trap.

She felt her skin growing hot, and was glad to find an enormous punch bowl on the drink table and didn't wait for her husband to offer to pour her a cup. She went to get it herself, pouring half of the contents with the ladle outside of the cup rather than into it, as she gave a frustrated sigh. Half of a cup was fine, she didn't try to pour more as she lifted the cup to her lips and downed the drink within seconds.

This party would definitely prove interesting, especially when the cursed dragon bracelet on her wrist was the last thing she was worried about. Any curse in the world would seem like a vacation to the stifling hold her mother held upon her, and as she remained over by the drink table, having already finished her first cup, it was there Lady Acaulian's mother turned and caught sight of her, giving her daughter that plastic, fake smile she always did. And Devaniée felt sick. SHe forced herself to smile back, but let her eyes drift away, her body jerking back towards the punch bowl.

"This is rather good!"s he said hastily, fakely, and began to pour a second glass and was already downing it as she leaned ungracefully over the table. "Perhaps you should have a cup for yourself, my husband." But no matter how quickly she was drinking it, she was having a hard time keeping herself from shaking. Perhaps if the dancing would start soon it would work the nerves out of her. She had no idea she'd act this way infront of her mother, but she also had no idea her mother would have been in attendance.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao