Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lord of the storm

Started by paganchick, July 14, 2013, 06:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

Clement didn't say anything once she had nestled against him. If she was going to rest he didn't really care. He still remained rather weary of the girl though. She clearly didn't care about herself which meant she wouldn't care for anyone. He didn't know what exactly happened to her but he would place money on that she was probably scorned by a lover, because being scorned by a lover was about the only thing that could make a woman act that way.

visualspice

"Maybe you could tell me a story?" Valeska said as she sighed and rested her chin against his shoulder.
"Something... Godly, dashing.. I don't know.. just explain to me about your world. It sounds so.... fascinating.." she said, smoothing a hand across his chest.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

"I can't tell if you are trying to get something else out of me in a backhanded way or if you are being sincere," Clement spoke as he glanced down at the woman.
"I wouldn't know what story to tell you," He added after moving his gaze back up to the ceiling.

visualspice

Valeska released a breath that sounded almost like a contented purr.
"I just want to know more about my savior.." she said, keeping her face resting in the crook of his arm. She gave a light pout. "Is that too much to ask? You sound so.... powerful, and I... so vulnerable and weak. I'd like to be strong.... like you." And the last part she spoke was actually spoken in a voice that didn't sound like she was trying to seduce.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

"You will be powerful enough if you do as I say and not be hard head and rebellious. I only say things that will increase your power, but it seems even then your resist my words," He spoke. He sighed, picking a story from his incredibly long life span.

"You are not the first person I have offered some of my power too. A long time ago, probably before your grandparent's grandparents were born I saved a young man. He had been pushed from a cliff by his new wife. They were forced to marry by her parents because they caught him bedding her and they didn't take too kindly to it. Once married the woman decided she wanted someone better, someone with more money. She had found out she could use her body to get what she wanted and she had already started seducing a young rich noble, but of course, her husband had to be taken care of.

I was watching from the heavens, something I do often, something many gods do often, your lives are influenced by use more than you could ever imagine. Every time something just so happens to appear just in time, or someone arrives just in time, that is all very rarely coincidence," Clement started his story, looking down, checking to see if she was still awake. 

visualspice

Valeska was awake, listening contentedly to his story, though her eyes hung heavily as her body longed for sleep. SHe smiled at his words.
"It's.. interesting to think that we're being watched over. I always just assumed the Gods were ignorant bastards, like most men."

paganchick

"The gods are more involved in peoples everyday lives than most mortals know or would even want to admit," He spoke with a sigh, letting the room grow silent for a moment before he continued his story.

"He didn't die on impact you see, but he was close to death, just like you had been. So I came from the heavens, and just like you, I gave him some of my blood, which transfers some of my powers."
Clement sighed, his eyes growing distant as he remembered the man.

"In many ways he became like you, bitter, angry, rebellious. I knew he wasn't ready for his power yet, he was still too weak, his anger still too fresh. He thought otherwise. So, when he was alone he tried to awaken his powers by himself, and unfortunately for him, he was successful. He managed to not only kill himself but distroy most of his town, funny enough though. The woman that cause his anger and his greed for power was spared along with the young noble that she had her heart set on," Clement said, a slight chuckle coming from his chest.

visualspice

Valeska grew quiet, a grin still ever present upon her lips.
"A wise story, it teaches a good lesson. But as much as I'd like to go do the same, to awaken this power and destroy everything he loves, even his beloved town of Arca... I... I do realize that patience is a virtue." She grit her teeth at that, but smiled sourly after words before pressing her lips flatly together and looking up at him.

"I'll be patient," she said, resting her cheek int his shoulder, eyes remaining upon his. "And I'll listen well. I have a good idea that... this sort of power," she purred. "Is something I could use to play a nice long game of cat and mouse."

paganchick

"He didn't kill everything the woman loved. Yes, he destroyed the town, but he didn't destroy what the woman held most dear was spared. The point being, when you try to rush something it rarely goes your way. Yes, the early bird gets the worm, but the patient cat gets the bird. So your actions either lead you to be the bird or the cat, which one would you rather be? Top predator or they prey that is misillusioned into believing they are the top predator?" Clement said with a sigh, closing his eyes.

visualspice

Valeska gave a contented sigh, finally managing a yawn as she remained beside her teacher.
"I suppose you are right," she began. "Though now I'm exhausted. See? Your story worked." And she smirked as she closed her eyes, breathing softly against him, almost serene, and in that moment, despite the terrible, insufferable fate of the scar marring her eye; she looked beautiful, almost innocent as she slept the rest of the night and day away.

paganchick

Clement looked down at the girl for a good while before he finally looked up at the ceiling. The gods didn't sleep. They could relax, but never sleep, early in his life he saw it as a blessing, now he often saw it was a curse. So as the sun began to rise he slipped from beside the girl, leaving the girl sleeping in his bed.
He walked to the town, buying bread and a meat pie for the girl, knowing that she would enjoy it a lot more than his cooking.

visualspice

While Clement was away, Valeska slept for hours, so even after he had returned, she was still on his bed. It was a strange sight to see, a woman brewing with so much hateful energy appear so serene. Too bad her dreams were laced with nightmares, and after a time, she was shivering and her body beginning to become slick with sweat.

paganchick

Clement walked into the room. He could feel the tension that was building and decided it would be best if he woke her up. She didn't want to accidentally wake her powers while she was in a fit of fear because of a simple dream.
He sat on the edge of the bed and gently nudged her shoulder.
"Young one, wake up, you are just having a bad dream" He spoke as he continued to nudge her gently, his hands cool against her skin.

visualspice

The Strike
The blood.
The blade; it all came screaming through her head, breaking through the nightmares and causing her mind to whirl. A storm inside was brewing, and when he touched her skin she screamed out and sat up suddenly, just as a bolt of lightning lashed off of her form and cracked across the room like a whip. Valeska's eyes went wide with fear in that moment as she remained frozen upon the bed, all the while light ticklings of lightning crawled and sparked across her skin.

"Wh... what was that!?" seh said, and moved to itch her arm, hissing as she accidentally shocked herself as the remnant bits of lightning zapped at her fingers.

paganchick

"The fear you felt in the dream has started to wake your powers," Clement said, taking her hands, grounding the girl so she wouldn't fry herself.
"You are still weak, so I wouldn't suggest trying to use them just yet, be patient, they will come on their own when they are needed," He spoke, her hands still held lightly in his own.
"It seems you have some talent with lightening, of course, with your attitude I could have guessed that much. Now come, I bought you some food, I am sure you wouldn't want more of my stew," Clement spoke gently.

visualspice

Valeska's heart was beating heavily within her chest. She had no idea what was going on, and once Clement's hands were upon her own, she began to calm, and felt embarrassed she had been shaking. But his touch made the lightning all but vanished, and she peered down at his hold upon her hand before looking up at him.
Before, she had been so focused on seeking revenge, only now she was beginning to understand what he meant about caution and her power, so at the mention of food, she lamely nodded her head, still too stunned to speak. She wasn't sure if she could eat, but she supposed she could at least try.

paganchick

"Lightening can be a harsh power, especially at first because it is as dangerous to you as it is to the one you wish to use it again, well, until you have mastered it. The best thing for you is to remain calm, that will keep your powers calm, and whatever is left of the seal intact," clement explained as he led her to the kitchen where the food laid on the table.
"Here, take what you want and eat what you can."

visualspice

Valeska only nodded, her mind taking in what he was saying, but also reeling over so many fears and thoughts that were now plaguing her mind. If her own power terrified her, how was she to wield it? THough she supposed she ought to be more worried about healing after being beaten to nearly na inch of her life, that was the farthest thing from her mind as she anxiously nibbled at the food.

paganchick

"The first step in mastering your gifts is to learn not to fear them. If you fear them, you give them power, and you will learn that each different element, such as lightening, has its own personality, especially until you master it. You cannot fear it and wield it," Clement tried to explain as he sat across from her at the table.

visualspice

At his words, Valeksa stared down at her hand, the one that had summoned the lightning bolt and slowly lifted her eyes to meet his. She swore she could still feel the hissing, snapping sensation of the bolt still there,a nd idly itched at her arm.
"I suppose with practice, I will become used to... such a feeling."