Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lord of the storm

Started by paganchick, July 14, 2013, 06:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

It was raining because Clement wanted it to rain. He found the down pour peaceful and soothing, there was nothing like watching the earth heal itself with water. It was also amazing to see nature destroy itself with its mighty forces, forces that the average man had no control over.

He was no average man though, he did not have to bend to the will of nature, his hand was over nature like a puppeteer over a puppet. He knew this, that was what made him so deadly. He didn't have to kill someone he didn't like quickly, he could make them suffer for years in ways that they never knew possible, and on certain days he took great pleasure in that.
This day was not the day though.

He was walking the streets of Arca, and if anyone looked close enough they would find it odd that he didn't have a drop of water on him. Even his feet were completely dry. He wandered the dark city, walking past strangers with a smile as he passed.  He was in a good mood, that was why it was simply rain when it could have storming with winds and lightening dangerously raging, but no, he wanted peace that night.

He had been wandering the city for a long time, now observing everything from the rooftops when he saw something, or better put, a piece of someone.   From where he stood he could only see a hand, a very delicate hand, a hand that could only belong to a woman. She was hidden away in the fringes of the city, no one, unless other people with freakishly good vision walked along the rooftops, would have seen her. She was clearly either left for dead, or already dead. 

So with steady steps he made his way towards the woman, she was definitely worse for wear. She was sliced up rather badly, there was little blood though because the rain had washed most of it away. He bent down beside her, looking closely, finding the most gruesome wound being the one on her face. He couldn't help the soft smirk that spread across his lips. She must have really pissed off the wrong person.

The woman wasn't dead yet though, he found that even more interesting, she was a fighter, she was fighting to stay alive for whatever reason drove mortals. He found himself feeling for the girl, it was a night of peace, it would also be the night of second chances, of mercy. He took his nail and drug it against his palm, slicing into the flesh there. Then, moving his hand above the most  horrendous wound the girl had before letting a bit of his blood run into the girl, giving the girl a piece of his power, and a piece of his strength.

She would recover, he would help her. He did get lonely so for now he would have companionship. He scooped the girl up into his arms and packed her to house he had been staying at, he would nurse her back to health there.

visualspice

She recalled his face.

HATE.

She remembered the way he sneered.

LOVE.

She recalled the knives they had drug out, slashed across her, and bled her raw.

PAIN.

And in the blink of a eye, the flash of light, she let out a scream, her eye being torn open, blood gushing down her face as he marred her. That god damn son of a bitch and his men...
All of them would pay.
ALL OF THEM.
Vengeance would be hers, and despite being over whelmed by their kicks, their punches, their blades stabbing her deep, she only smiled at them as her eyes glazed over, as if with death, hanging heavy, blood dropping down and coating her lower lip.
But then she was left there to rot. He didn't order them to finish the job.
Idiot.
She would have it. She would get him back. Rufus, Alpha of the Soot Wolves; WOULD PAY.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Long before Clement had shown up she had since passed out, her body in the fragile balances of life and death. Her wounds were raw and bleeding, but the rains.. the sweet rains soothed her. And it was those rains that actually saved her. That, and the sudden care from a certain Lord of Storms.

So she hadn't felt it when he scooped her up into his arms, hadn't felt it when he laid her upon a bed, nor when his own blood seeped into her veins...
No...

That was to be felt later, when the poisons of revenge would join it.
And when Valeska Horst would reawaken to become Lady of the Storm.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Clement was cooking, something he rarely ever did considering he didn't have to eat. The woman would have to eat though, so he made stew, something that would be easy for her to eat. He didn't know if it would taste any good, because he was not a cook, but hey, she had no right to complain unless she wanted to die.

As the stew boiled he walked back to the room that he had put the girl in, opening the door to make sure the fire was blazing. The girl had been running a fever for a while, and when it had finally broke her temperature had dropped. He knocked on the door, because that was the only gentlemanly thing to do and gave the girl time to respond if she had happened to wake up while he was out of the room.

visualspice

Valeska had been out for most of the day, too deep into the darkness of her own mind to even slip into any nightmares or dreams. Though as the fever took over, she'd resort to fits of shivers and sweats, and when it finally broke, she sighed away, melting into the sheets and became still.

Hours later, she awoke to the smells drifting in from the other room. She heard the shifts of boots scraping against the floor, and at the sound of the knock, she made a noise, scrunched her face, but seethed in pain, breaking up whatever scab was clotting over from her wound as she sat up suddenly, her eyes going wide.

The cut across her eye made half her vision blurred and bloodied while her mind whirled and the room spun. She lost her footing, collapsed onto the bed as she grabbed onto her face, fingers scraping against the painful scab as she broke it open. ANd she freaked out when she looked down, seeing hte frehs blood on her fingers then whirled around, catching sight of herself in a mirror across the room.

It was only then she halted her antics, her heart beating heavily within her chest, breaths becoming shorter, but still quicker as cautiously, she slowly made her way over towards the mirror and stared back at her reflection.

Her expressions was stoic, her eyes growing cold as stones as she stared only at the gash across her face. Her eye was glazed over, it was hard to see, hard to use, and her entire face ached in pain from other bruises and cuts she had recieved upon her swollen lips and cheek. But the other cuts, even the heavy gash across her throat, were of little consequence to her now. The gash across her face.... her beautiful face...
and lifting a shaking hand.. she drew two fingers across her reflection, running diagonally across the mirror where the gash was before she suddenly let out an angered scream and grabbed the mirror off the walla nd smashed it ontot he ground, sending broken shards of mirroring glass to scatter across the floor all around her feet.

And she stood there, hands clenched heavily into fists again and let out another scream of anguish before she whirled around, her eyes going wide, spotting the man at the open door way. She wasted not a second of time as hse grabbed up a sharp piece of mirror shard and pointed it at him and backed away, eyeing him dangerously.

"Just stay where you are..."she growled between her teeth. "Don't you dare come any fucking closer."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Clement seemed completely unphased by the girl and her actions.
"So this is how you think the one who has shown mercy upon you and saved you?" He spoke in his deep, thunder like voice.
He crossed her arms, not afraid of the woman. She didn't know how to use her power and even if she did they didn't rival his own. He was a god, why would he fear a mortal.

"If you want your revenge you will need my help. If you don't want it the door is here, just know if you walk out, you cannot walk back in," Clement added, her voice booming yet soft, almost caring.

visualspice

Velaska kept a firm grip upon the mirror shard, her brows furrowing as she grit her teeth.
"What the hell are you talking about!?" she had no idea this man had saved her, but giving him a look over, she sneered. "You don't look like a lousy Soot wolf,"s he growled. "What do you want from me?"

Then she thought back to what happened, the memories fluttering into her mind like soft echoes. "You're trying to tell me you saved me?" she looked him over again, clearly not impressed as she made a noise of disgust and lowered her arm that held the shard. It was then she remembered the smell of soup. "So why are you helping me?" she wrinkled her nose and looked him over with mild scrutiny, gritting her teeth as she did so. "And why would you even help me get revenge? You're nothing but another man, and it was a foolish, reckless man that did this to me and let me live,"s he hissed, leaning forward as she pulled her ratty blonde hair away from her face, exposing the massive gash there and her spoiled eye so he could see it all. And that broken eye stard back at him, glazed over in white, and the pupil inside, forever dilated before she dropped her hand away, her hair falling and half covering that disgusting, mutilated eye. She grit her teeth.
"Well, get to talking."

paganchick

Clement let out a deep bellowing laugh when she called him just another man, finding the words very amusing.
"I am not just another man, just like you are no longer powerless," Clement started leaning heavily against the door frame.

"Why I have chosen to save you and give you a part of my power you ask?" Clement said as he rubbed his chin.
"Well partially because I find mortal affairs rather amusing, I like to stir the pot so to speak when I am bored... I guess I was also in a rather merciful mood, I could have let you die, I can kill you now if you would like," He stated simply, his eyes holding a bit of challenge in them.
"I don't want nothing from you, there is nothing you can give me that I couldn't take for myself if I wanted it, you stand in front of a god, if I wanted you dead I could call the lightening from the sky to strike you down where you stand."

visualspice

Ok.. now she understood where this fruitbasket came from. He was a nut case, and after he was done speaking, a wickedly twisted grin stretched across her face. Her eyes flicked him over.
"Funny,"s he spoke, giving him a very wide-toothed grin. "You still look only like a man to me. And as far as I remember, women always hold power over men." Then she wrinkled her nose and shook her head. "What are you talking about with powers anyways? Are you one of those nut cases or something? Because really, maybe you should have just let me die." And she laughed, turning away from him. "Besides, how harmful can a man be who is cooking soup?" And she approached him defiantly. "I bet you're really just a big softy." She said, looking daringly right into his eyes.

paganchick

Clements colorless eyes began to look stormy as she challenged him, he did not like disrespect. In an instant the fire in the room sent out and the room grew bone chilling in a second. Within the same moment a wind began to whip around the room, sending the girl hair swirling in the breeze.
"Clearly you have not learned that it is not wise to tempt a god," He said his voice deep and rumbly.
The room seemed to grow darker as he stared at the girl.

This is how I imagine his voice XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuMaoNE3Bh0

visualspice

Clements effects did the opposite to her. It didn't serve to scare her, but to make a surge of hopeful revenge bubble within her heart. Her eyes sparkled (well, at least the eye that could) as she stared back at him, unable to stop smiling.

"So.. what other types of power do you got?" she asked excitedly. She wanted to see more.

OOC: That link was awesome XD

paganchick

"I have a lot more power than you will, but you will have enough," Clement spoke as the wind died and his eyes cleared up.
"Now, come, you need to eat if you are going to go exact your revenge or whatever mortals do," he spoke as he turned on his heels and lead the girl to the kitchen. 

visualspice

Valeska raised a sharp brow at the man. "Oh, but do tell me, you've blessed me with some sort of power, My God?" she cooed in an almost patronizing manner, but followed him into the kitchen none the less. "ANd revenge...yes, I'll find a way to have it." ANd she took a seat, idly scratching a finger down the scab forming across her face, and kept stroking her finger down it, again and again and again until it began to bleed.

"So what's on the menu? Do you have the power to cook as well? Truthfully, I don't feel all that very hungry. My stomach is a festering pool and I'm already itching to get back onto my feet." But even she knew she needed time to heal, as her entire body was sore all over, and she had only just enough strenght to carry herself ot the kitchen, but said nothing, and had pretended nothing was wrong with her, even as she picked at the wound over her eye.
"But this power... are you trying to tell me you gave me some sort of magic while I was asleep?"

paganchick

"I do not have the 'power' as you call it to cook, just a bit of a skill I have picked up from living as long as I have. I will warn you, I am not the greatest cook of all time, but it will be edible," Clement spoke with his back to the woman. He finally turned around with a bowl filled with the stew in hand.

"It is soup, don't tell me you are not hungry. I know you are not dense enough to think that you don't need to eat. Plus now we are connected you see, by the power I gave you so I know you are weak, there is no use to try to fool me girl, I have been alive longer than you can probably fathom, I can see through the deception like you can see through clear peaceful water," Clemet spoke as he set down across from the woman.
"You know if you keep picking at that it will not heal very well."

Clement leaned back into his chair, crossing his arms as he looked at the woman.
"Yes, the same power I gave you that will now allow you to enact your vengeance is also the same power that saved you from the brink of death."

visualspice

Valeska gave a sneer of a smile at him and dropped her fingers from the scab she was drawing over on her face.
"Maybe I don't want it to heal.." she said between her teeth.

She studied him. He was.. handsome enough. But what did he honestly want from a woman like her? She knew the soup wouldn't be poisoned, but she still stared down at it with disinterest before looking back at him.

"So you did save me.. fancy that. And gave me powers, you still haven't really explained to me why? Is it my pretty face? My charm? Your own pity for humans?" She gave a feral grit of her teeth at him before looking him over.
"What are you anyways? Are you really a God?" It was hard to believe, and she looked him over a bit with disgust, crossing her legs over the other as she leaned back within her chair at the table.

"So, if i eat this soup you made for me, you'll plan to teach me a thing or two?" she asked, patronizingly. She was really in a soured mood, and despite the man being good to her, she was still being salty. It was hard to trust men after what had happened, and she was still bitter, so very, very bitter. Men only wanted one thing did they not? God damn Rufus... she would get her revenge,a nd perhaps this man before her was the key?

paganchick

"If you are trying to say that I only saved you so I could have sex with you, then you would be wrong, you are not my type," Clement said raising his eyebrow at her.
"I did it simply for my own amusement, no other reason. You are still very young, you can't fathom me or my reason because you haven't lived long enough to acquire that skill, and yes I am a god. If I were not a god I wouldn't have been able to give you a piece of my power. Sharing power is only something a higher being can do," Clement crossed his arms over his chest. Letting silence fall in between the two for a while.

"Yes, I will show you yours powers once you have healed and regained your strength, if you are too weak and try to use them they will tear you apart from the inside out because you have not yet mastered them."

visualspice

Valeska laughed.
"Do I look like a woman who cares if I'm torn apart?" she shook her head. "Though I suppose I should be thanking you for this, perhaps I don't want it? You're making it seem as if I'll just become another puppet. Well, I'm sick of being puppetted. It's what makes my blood boil. So you want to try something funny, go ahead? But for now.."
She smirked after having her little tantrum and turned back towards the soup and gave him a pretty-little grin.
"I'll just try out this 'soup'." And after having  a bite, she laughed. "You made this?" she gave him a once over, and then laughed again. "Tch, you'd think you were just any other mortal man." she tested, her eyes never leaving his as she ate another bite.

paganchick

"You expect a god to be able to cook?" He asked, clearly amused by the woman.
"If you are torn a part you cannot get your revenge, you are really tactless, it is pretty sad. I would expect a woman with such drive as yourself to have the ability to think," clement closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath.

"If you do not want the gift that I have given you, I can take it back, just know, that it would also squash out your puny existence with it. I have no need for you as a puppet. I can make counties bow to me if I wish. I can cause devastation you have only heard stories about, why would I need you as a puppet? Your short whisper of an existence means nothing to me. To me you you are like a bug, your life short and meaningless. I only watch you for my own amusement, but you do me no good other than that. You think rather highly of yourself I can see, really you are very pitiful."   

visualspice

Valeska's eyes glittered at his replies, a smile never leaving her lips.
"And you must think yourself so mighty, assuming I was serious in all of my inquiries," she said with a laugh. "By the way, you got some soup on your shirt." She said, smirking.

"So really, I'm just a pawn for your amusement? Then tell me,w hat's the difference if I were your puppet?" she purred. It was rather fun making this man all riled up and defensive. Men took things so literally. It was.. rather fun. And even in her exhausted condition she could enjoy this.

paganchick

Clement stood.
"If you were my puppet I would have already cut your tongue out and fed it to a hell hound, and you would have thanked me," He said simply before standing and walking to his room.

visualspice

Valeska laughed and called after him.
"Are all Gods so moody?" she inquired, and then went back to enjoying her soup. Yes, she would need her strength indeed.