Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An Apple A Day Keeps the Shadows Away

Started by visualspice, January 20, 2014, 06:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Iyla had no idea what to make of the pair, but it seemed her first attempt to be rid of them had been thwarted. Glaring at Ryuch, as he was apparently the one to blame for this, she pushed herself off of the grass.
"Not as strange as two people getting drunk in one,"s he muttered, and worked at dusting herself off while casting a glare Athran's way.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

"Only one." Ryuch corrected her. "I can't get drunk. I don't even like the taste of wine... Apples, on the other side..." The pointed tip of his tongue flashed on his lips, and he threw the fruit he was currently eating into the air.

Athran leaned forwards. "It's still weird. I can get drunk wherever I want, but what's your excuse? Huh?" he questioned her with suspicion. The effects of the wine were clearly passing away, and his brain was starting to function normally, making connections between events and circumstances. Ryuch surely noticed it, and both of them pierced Iyla with sharp glances.

visualspice

Iyla glared at the pair of them as they looked at her that way.
"What are you looking at? I was just passing through,"s he growled, challeningly. "It's not like I wanted to run into a pair of misfits like you."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

"It's funny how the main, shorter road leads three miles souther." Athran growled. He had a feeling that she was lying. Ryuch remained silent, but his eyes were glued to her. Off course, it could have been truth - but both of them doubted it, due to different reasons, though. Ryuch never understood humans and didn't completely believe every word they said, and Athran was too paranoid to trust anyone at all.

Iyla was carefully watched by two pairs of glinting eyes, and neither of them moved away.

visualspice

These two men were giving her the creeps. There was only one solution to this, try walking away again. And after casting both of them a mean glare, she did just that.

"Don't follow me this time,"s he growled. She had a job to do, and she could feel the damn shadow seed close by! Her blood was tingling even more now, and as she picked up the pace, she realized, she must be heading the right way. Hoping the other two would have lost interest in her, Iyla keeps focused on the road ahead until she makes it to the end of the orchard but all she can see before her is an endless expanse of tall grasses.

"Shit."

Was the shadow seed in there? She took a few hesitant steps forward, but the burn inside her body only confirmed it. She had to keep moving this way.

Anadwen

Ryuch glanced at Athran with an untold question in his eyes. The elf nodded - it was an agreement in the decision to follow her. Softly putting their feet onto the ground, they walked after her, watching every her step. She seemed suspicious... Both of them were old enough to pick up an unusual traveler when they saw one.

However, they almost lost her when they found themselves on the edge of a grass field. Ryuch appeared almost sad that there were no more apple trees, but Athran peered into the field, and was able to pick up her track, leading through the tall grass. Gesturing Ryuch to follow, he kept walking, carefully watching his steps not to make a sound.

What was she searching for? She couldn't have appeared in the middle of an orchard without a reason, and then walk to a field like this just like that.

visualspice

Iyla wasn't born yesterday. She knew the two others followed her. But she had one job to do, and she wasn't about to let them get in her way. So as she walked through the fields, the tall grasses rolled like ocean waves as far as the eye could see. The tips of the grass scratched and tickled at her skin, but she ignored it. And in the air, pollen floated about like balls of furry sunshine, some of it even sticking against her  cloak and the pieces of red-blonde hair that fluttered out from beneath it.

Red eyes remained forward, ever focused as one gloved hand came up and moved about unseen, sensing as it swept slowly back and forth- hoping to catch which direction the shadow seed might be. But as she continued to walk, she gave paused and realized, she strong sensation of the shadow seeds power was beginning to dull. blinking, she took a few steps back and felt it grow stronger again.

Peering over her shoulder, her eyes darted around before she herself spun around slowly on her heels and began to back track until the seed's power faded yet again. Frowning, she glanced down at the grasses.

"Damn." The seed had to be underground. ANd of course, she had no items in which to help her dig- and she had no idea how far down the seed might be. She needed to come up with a plan, and when she looked around, she noted the elf and death god following her.

Standing there, she kept her red eyes upon them as a gust of wind swept through the fields and rattled the tall grass. Perhaps....

No...

No, no. She worked alone. She wasn't about to ask those two for help. And strolling back in the direction in which she came, she began to make her way back towards the orchard. She knew there was a city back way. She supposed she could buy a shovel there....

Anadwen

This time, it was not Ryuch, but Athran, that crashed right into her first. He was too busy following her footprints, not even noticing the shadow of hers that appeared nearby, and when he made one more step forth, he walked into her.

Immediately straightening into his full height, he glared at her. Ryuch's crow-like laugh echoed from behind, loud and harsh - the death god was obviously enjoying an awkward moment like this, what was most likely why he didn't even warn him. Athran gave him a short scolding glance, and crossed his arms on his chest, turning his attention back to Iyla.

"Now this is getting suspicious. I know it's none my business, but you don't even appear local." he growled.

visualspice

Iyla glared back at him.
"I could say the same thing to you. Elves are not common in Connlaoth." Not that it mattered. This one was obviously crazy and she didn't bother to give him the time of day as she stepped around him and continued pushing her wall through the itchy, tall grass. Thankfully she wore body armor that almost completely covered her skin. The only flesh that was visible was on her face, and her red eyes.

Anadwen

Athran grabbed her by her armour as she walked around, and shook his head. "Look, you're obviously doing something unusual in here. Better tell, since I'm also getting a bit tired of following you around, and searching for you. No, I'm definitely not going to let you go." he explained her, sounding almost cynically.

Ryuch's laugh grew louder, and the death god eventually appeared behind him. "You have about as much tact as a log of wood, Athran. But yes, I must admit, I am curious as well. You aren't human. Where should your lifespan appear in my vision is just a blank field... Here Athran is only doing me a service by holding you on one place long enough for me to get answers." he said.

visualspice

Iyla gave her arm a jerk, but his grip was tight and unyielding, so she couldn't just pull her arm away. She narrowed her gaze at Athran.

"You'll let go of my arm before my fist finds your face," she warned. "I don't have to tell you or your companion anything. Besides, I told you not to follow me. I'm sure you've got better things to do with your time. Like plucking your precious wine skin from that tree over there."

And she pointed towards a branch in one of the apple trees at on the other side of the orchard. The only reason she could even see it from here was because it was in shadows. Too bad there weren't alot of shadows in the field, or else Athran would be sorry. Her little parlor tricks to be able to fade into the shadows and travel in them worked best at night when it was dark, or in places heavily shadowed.

BUt out here in daylight? Not so much. And that irritated her. Besides, why the heck did this elf even care what she did? It was more suspicious HE was following around with a death god, and at the very idea, she glared at Ryuch.

Anadwen

Athran grabbed her wrists with his other arm. "Your fist isn't going to find anything. And my wineskin is long out of my interest. Besides, it may be impolite to grab a lady, but to ignore questions is, too." his voice was calm and cold, and he didn't appear drunk anymore.

While Athran was serious, Ryuch was only showing her a curious grin. He reached out after her, and grabbed her shoulder. There was no heat beneath the clothes - like a death god, she seemed dead on touch, but she was definitely not one... "What are you, Iyla Krue?" he asked. "You feel like a creature from my own realm. A death god."

visualspice

Iyla's gaze narrowed. For a stick thin elf (for clealry, he was not built like an ox like some Adelan men or Connlaothian men were), he had quite the hard grip on her. And as she tried to pull free, she growled beneath her breath. Her angered breath might have been the only source of heat on her and when he made his little comment about her fist being useless, well- she'd just have to use something else-
and before he'd know what she was doing- she bashed her head into his- hard.
It would probably leave him stunned, as it was making her own eyes see double but she had been prepared for it and used the moment to tear her arms away, but when she turned around to make a get away- she ran smack into Ryuch, who she hadn't even realized was lingering that close by.

She ended up running into him then dropping onto the grasses with a painful curse. Staring up at the creature when he posed his question, her gaze narrowed as she spun away and pushed herself back onto her feet.

"What I am is getting the hell out of here." And she took off running, hoping to get the orchard before they could catch up. If she did that, she could disappear into the shadows and they'd never be able to follow her, because she could shadow hop most of the way to the nearby village.

That was.. if she could make it.

Anadwen

Athran's vision went black for a short moment, feeling as she bashed her head against his. He reached to his mouth, and at his own surprise, he found his crimson blood streaming from his nose. He gave her a confused glance with his bright eyes, and looked at Ryuch.

However, the death god was already far away, pursuing Iyla. His wings made it fast, and he was practically just floating a short distance behind her. The elf sighed and rushed to him, pulling his long robe through the grass. The jewelry, though beautiful on a celebration, was now rather impractical - the chains were just causing noise and getting in his way.

While still running, he took off the necklace, and wrapped it around his hand and wrist. One less thing bumping around and clinking every time he moved, and he already felt a tad lighter. He couldn't match Ryuch in this attire, but he was getting closer. He leaped into the air like a mountain lion.

His body, quickly passing through the air, hit Iyla, and threw them both over. He found himself atop her, and let out a groan when he raised himself to his elbows.

"Uh, hello." he growled.

visualspice

The impact was painful and Iyla tumbled to the ground, elf on top. It hurt, as her face, arms and legs got scraped, even through her leather armor. And her head was pounding from where it had smashed into the ground- and moments before, had smashed into his head. Groaning, she heard his voice and snarled, spitting out grass and dirt.
"Get off!" she snarled, struggling beneath him as she worked out one leg and attempted to kick him.

Anadwen

Ryuch squatted next to them. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience," he said, grinning, "but I really do want the answers." His hands reached out for Iyla, but Athran, surprisingly, pushed them away.

He didn't appear amused at all. Actually, he looked furious. "Ryuch, I've had enough of this." he snarled, standing up and dusting himself off with one hand, while the other one still held Iyla. "I'm not going to chase this... Him... Her... This thing because it looks like someone from your home! I'm not some street thief. I'm the Black Sword. And this is completely disgraceful. Look, I'm curious, too, but I'm not going to jump into the mud because of it. If you want this, you will have to catch it yourself. You have that pair of wings, so use it, for the sake of the gods! I don't give a damn if you need to be around because of something some death god king said about my afterlife! If you're only going to cause me problems," his hand arose and pointed at the sky, "there's the door back to your realm! And you're very welcome to return!"

Ryuch's eyes seemed even bigger and rounder than before. If his face could show surprise, it was exactly what it was doing right now. He'd never expect Athran to react like that...

visualspice

Iyla cared very little for what these two were arguing about, but the second the elf stepped off her, she got to her feet and tried to run again, but he still held her arm, growling, she gave a few more tugs before drawing out a dagger and pointing it towards him.

"Let go of my arm or you won't have it anymore,"s he threatened, baring her teeth behind the cloth that hid her mouth. Her gender, still being hidden, might not have mattered now anyway. It seemed both of these men figured out she was female- but she didn't care. She wanted away from these two crazy men, and she could only hope their bickering afforded her some distraction as she went to stomp a foot over top of Athran's.

Anadwen

Athran instinctively moved his foot away, still growling at Ryuch. "I don't care who or what gave you the command to follow me like a shadow! But you're getting me into problems! And you can tell your death god king that Athran Daineth is sending him a very distinct message: that if that command of his will get me to the grave any sooner than I should have died, I'm going to kick that dead ass of his once I get there!" His voice was turning into screaming.

Ryuch didn't say anything. His lips spread into a wide grin, and he stepped down onto the ground. Athran pointed at Iyla. "And if it's her that you're interested in so much, then take her! I don't want to have anything with her!" He pushed her forwards towards the death god, who immediately clenched his long, bony fingers around her shoulders. He turned to Athran, piercing him with an ice-cold glance.

One of his hands arose to Athran's neck, and his fingers grasped the elf's white skin. "If you escaped death once, it doesn't mean you can't escape it again. You are mortal, Athran Daineth. I am not." he whispered. Athran popped his eyes out, staring at him, and his hands forcibly freed himself from Ryuch's grasp.

The death god looked once again down at the girl, now in his own deathly cold grip. His smile was wide, but after the show off they just had, his sharp teeth seemed terrifying and dangerous.

visualspice

Iyla was anything but happy to be shoved around like this and stuck between someone else's argument. Growing fed up, she pushed herself free of Ryuch's grip and growled in his face, then turned to Athran.

"Keep your childish arguments to yourselves! I want nothing to do with it!" Really..s he had other, more important things to do! And she wasted no time in turning away and trying to storm out of the field, but it seemed the orchard was so far away. Damn this field for being so large!

Though she had barely made it a few strides when suddenly- the ground began to shake. She landed the same moment the ground settled with an 'oof' and she lay there, dizzy from the fall as she clutched onto the side of her head.

"What the-"
She peered over her shoulder- had that creepy death god just did that? But then she sensed something- the shadow seed, it was moving!
Glancing down to the ground, it was then she realized- whatever had the seed, or wherever it was- it was moving, and moving fast- and right beneath their feet!

And just as she began to push herself onto her knees, her eyes went wide as she watched the ground ripple beneath the field grasses as a long, snake like creature was pushing t's way through- though it did not emerge from the dirt, Iyla watched in horror as the snaking form of moving dirt began to head directly towards her at inhumanly fast speed- and it was only out of sheer luck she remembered to throw herself out of the way as the hissing pile of dirt raced past her.

Iyla landed on her ass, her eyes large, her heart nearly beating outside of her chest.

"What the hell was that!?"
But as the mass continued to move away from her- she sensed the shadow seed's power fade. Oh... so she was right.Whatever this creature was... it possessed the shadow seed she needed. Baring her teeth, she pushed herself up off of the ground and kept a hand hoovering over the dagger at her side.

Anadwen

Athran glared at Ryuch from the ground where he dropped, gasping and trying to catch his breath after the death god's brutal grip, but in the moment when the ground shook, their argument stopped. They watched Iyla collapse, and a strange, snake-like thing arose from the ground. It appeared like a shadow, and it quickly made its way towards them...

It was only natural for both of them to quickly get out of the way. It didn't take long to figure out that the creature was carrying something that the girl was after, judging by her expressions, even Ryuch would have known that.

Athran pushed himself to his feet, ripping the cross from the ornate chain, entwined around his hand. His fist clenched around its sharp edges, and tore it from the silver, breaking the soft bonds that held it onto it. Its razor-sharp shape broke the soft leather of his gauntlets, and with his crimson blood on the shining silver, he picked it up above his head and tossed it at the creature.

It hit its target as accurately as ever, and both Athran and Ryuch bolted after what was left of the strange creature. It was twisting on the ground, with smoke rising from his remains, wildly shaking, but Athran simply reached for what appeared like a big dark marble, and kicked the snake-like creature away. Ryuch reached after the stone, but the elf hid it in his hand, and didn't let go.

Now they'll be on different terms...