Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An Apple A Day Keeps the Shadows Away

Started by visualspice, January 20, 2014, 06:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to Anadwen!

----

Spring time in the valley meant the trees were flowering and fruits, beginning to grow. All through the air the sweet scents felt consuming as the woman clad in men's clothing and thin, leather armor, made her way through the narrow path of apple trees. There were apple trees as far as the eye could see, and just about all of them were beginning to bear fruit and as the winds rustled through the branches, the petals began to pulls away and fell down towards the ground like snow.

Were she to take the time to admire such aspects of the world, she'd come to realize it was beautiful, but the flower petals and delicious apple smells (whihc were hardly delicious to her, as she was not quite the biggest fan of apples herself), she had more important things to do.

She had sensed the shadow seed somewhere int he valley and knew she was getting closer. The blood in her veins burned, her heart beat, becoming quicker and she skin began to tingle. Yes, a seed was close at hand and she could feel the shadows within grow stronger- even in the daylight.

But was it here? In this maze of trees and apples? It was hard to discern, and her blood-red eyes peered out behind a veil of blonde hair- the only bits of her face revealed behind the mask covering her mouth and the cloak over her head. The dark colored cloak now appeared spotted as it collected petals on her shoulders and throughout the wrinkles, and she paused a moment to brush some off and brush her blonde hair from her eyes.

To anyone else, she might have looked peculiar clothed so secretively-
and to anyone else, she'd appear a man. The identity easily hid away behind bindings and leather, Iyla Krue continued onward through the orchard rounding a bend to find herself confronted with yet more apple trees as she sighed.

This was going to be a very long walk. She wasn't a fan of apples- and she wasn't a fan of Connlaoth.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

Crimson light of the sunset glazed the ripe fruit with its shine. The dark shadows hardly moved at all, except for rustling leaves and branches, gently bending under the weight of the apples. Only a couple of tall, dark figures shifted through the orchard.

"Definitely not!" Athran laughed, throwing his arms into the air. The long sleeves of his black robe trembled in the wind and silver rings, visible from beneath the gauntlets, glinted in the sunlight. "I still have some wine with me... Why'd I spend my precious time with those rotten rats?" He shook his head. The clinking of chains on his beautifully crafted circlet, adorned with rubies and a pair of dark wings, filled the air. Ryuch cackled. It wasn't a disappointment at all to find this strange knight... And so many apples.

His long hand reached out to the branches and pulled out a beautiful, ripe fruit. He listened to Athran's laughter while his sharp teeth skewed into the apple and bit a large piece of it off with loud crunching. If his companion only wasn't so drunk... He could feel the smell of wine even from the exquisite jewelry he wore - as if the rubies and silver itself were soaked with the scent. However, Athran was fortunately too drunk to care about being pulled out of a celebration.

The death god grinned at the sight of the elf, and grabbed another apple. They were so juicy... Delicious... Full of life... Their sweet taste was almost hypnotizing. His black eyes stared at the juice, streaming from the fruit in his long fingers, utterly obsessed with it.

"You really love... Those apples, don't you, Ryuchie?" Athran asked, showing him a wide grin. The death god raised a brow in confusion. "What? Oh... The apples... They are... Simply delicious. The ones in the realm of the death gods are withered, and dry like sand. These are as sweet and juicy as this world of yours." he explained him. Athran nodded. "The wine's better, though." His lips, crimson with the red wine, twisted into a smirk. He turned around the trees, dragging the long robe behind himself, and sang one of the quick, lively songs of which he knew a nice few, but only ever got to show his skills off after drinking at least half a bottle. Ryuch watched as he climbed one of the trees and hung himself from its tall branches. The robe was long under his feet, and he was laughing at the sky.

Another apple fell down to Ryuch's feet. "Feast till they're ripe!" the elf laughed, and threw his companion more. Ryuch was starting to really enjoy this... So many apples! Mortals are interesting...

"It's fun for you to give if it's not yours to take, heh heh!" he laughed, and grabbed the apples, chomping once one, then another.

visualspice

The laughter and voices carried through the tree and made Iyla pause in mid-stride. She gave a curious tilt of her head in it's direction and contemplated moving the other way. However, the shadow seed was somewhere here, and she had to figure out if it might be anywhere near those voices- or if Gods forbid, one of those persons had the seed in their possession. Narrowing her gaze, she stalked forward like a panther, sleek and crouching low to the ground. She remained to the shadows, having them aid in hiding her form, though her glamour would become muddled when the daylight would break through the fluttering leaves as the wind blew.

And as the wind blew her coppery hair away from her face, she rounded another bend and spotted a pair of men on the other side. Keeping back, she crouched even lower and peered through the tree branches. It was best not to let them see her and again, she kept to the shadows to keep her form hidden completely from their view. Though red eyes watched them and from what she could see, the one with pointed ears seemed drunk- well that, or he was crazy. Who would be crazy enough to drink this early in the day? Let alone become drunk? Perhaps he was crazy and drunk- though what threw her off was the presence of the thing next to him, for she had no idea what to make of it. And was it eating apples? It seemed somewhat human, though decidedly not. That made her frown. She hoped it was not some creature of shadow- for if she was near another such beast, it would deter her senses from detecting the shadow seeds and she'd rather not confront such a creature. Most shadow creatures were constantly at war with one another- and she knew of no exceptions.

Deciding it was best to slip away unnoticed,  Iyla turned to go but as she did so, her boot sunk into an open looped root. Blinking, she stared down and gave her leg a jerk- but the damn thing was stuck. Swearing beneath her breath, she bent over and began to tug at it, but no matter how much she pulled- the boot remained, locked within the root.

Leaning her back into the tree, she grumbled and swore some more hotly between clenched teeth.
How the heck did she get herself stuck on a tree!?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

"Maybe if you'd get off the tree, you'd see something interesting." Ryuch shrugged, throwing yet another apple into his mouth. Athran nodded and attempted to climb the tree down once again and continue walking, but a part of his long robe got stuck between the branches, and pulled him back. The death god only watched as he pulled it forth, until the branch broke, and his companion collapsed from the tree onto the ground with a loud scream. His crow-like laugh echoed through the orchard.

Athran raised himself to his elbows and slowly stood up. He managed to land face-down on the grass, without showing even the smallest bit of elven grace which he usually so proudly presented. He groaned, and dusted the sleeves of his robe off. Ryuch threw an apple at him. "Take this!" he shouted. The elf only shook his head and reached after the wineskin, hanging by his side. "Wine is..."

His hand found nothing except the black belt. The wineskin was... "...gone." The wine was gone! He must have lost it somewhere... The death god smacked his head, cackling. This was the best knight in the mortal world he could have followed.

They begun walking again, Athran still rubbing the dirt off his forearms, and Ryuk chewed his apple with loud rusking. The chains, hanging from the garments of both, clinked in the breeze with every step. It was a soft, gentle sound, only a little louder than the rustling of leaves. All of a sudden, Athran stopped. Ryuch turned to him, raising a brow in a question. "There's something over there..."  the elf explained him, and stepped forth towards a shadow amid the trees.

There was a woman... Stuck in a tree. The knight turned his head towards his companion and burst out laughing. Ryuch joined him, and they both stood behind her like a couple of statues, only laughing loudly. Eventually, Athran's laughter passed away, and he bent over to the woman with a wide grin on his face. "Well met! I see you are stuck, aren't you?" he asked. Ryuch behind him chuckled. "You are stating the most obvious thing around..." he muttered, grabbing another apple.

visualspice

OOC: Just to clarify, Iyla is dressed as a man, her face cloaked- so her gender would seem presumably male ^_^
Also, lol- I kept giggling at Athran- I wonder where his precious wine skin had gone? X3
And lastly, Iyla's boot is stuck int he tree root, so she's not in the tree so much as next to it XD
------

The second the strange pair came to inspect her, she gave a growl and another tug at her boot- but the damn thing was still stuck in the three's gnarled root. And here this mis-matched pair was, laughing at her! She felt her blood rising as she let out a growl, gaze narrowing upon them. Though Ryuch was a strange one, it was Athran her gaze was focused upon.

"And I don't think it's any of your concern," she growled, keeping her voice masked in a deeper, harsher tone. "Just continue drinking your wine, fool. If you came over here to help, I do not need it."

Anadwen

(((OOC: Athran is so drunk that he could call her a lady even if she was a 2 meters tall broad-shouldered man)))

Athran laughed again. "What a sharp tongue! Let me pull you out, alright?" He grabbed her waist with his hands, and attempted to tug her out. His heels delved into the soft ground as he pulled, but all he managed to do was trip over something and collapse onto the grass once again.

Ryuch laughed, watching as the circlet sled aside and the chains covered his left eye. The chain with a cross, adorned with rubies, was hanging in an odd angle at his chest, too, making him look like a rather posh scarecrow. The elf growled, glaring at him from beneath the silver and his black hair.

"Don't encourage him to drink more, please. He'd break even an anvil if he got another bottle. He's had one drink too many, anyway." the death god uttered, chomping one of the apples. His remark was met with an offended glance of Athran's bright eyes.

visualspice

Iyla's face twisted as she examined the peculiar 'friend' of this fallen elf. But she was really cringing at how close Athran had gotten. His breath stunk! And he had touched her. She dusted her waist off after the man had fallen over himself, just incase there was anything but invisible dirt on her leather attire.

"I can get out on my own,"s he growled. "Besides, you're drunk. Go sober up elsewhere. My boot stuck in a tree root is embarrassing enough with you and your giggling companion pestering me."

Though as she turned to observe the apple eating... thing, she felt herself sense something other worldly about him and blinked. There was something darker about him and she had to wonder- he wasn't connected with one of the shadow seeds was he? The seeds she sought were even more difficult to acquire when a damn human (or like wise 'thing' (whatever Ryuch was!)) had taken a hold of it. She'd rather not go through that whole scenario again.

Anadwen

"I do what I chose to do!" Athran replied, slowly standing up and correcting the jewelry on his body to the right angles. This person was definitely not even trying to be nice... But in this state, his sarcastic nature took over, and he decided to tease her instead of leaving. Ryuch watched as he approached Iyla again with a wide grin on his dark lips.

"Besides, your company is so amusing. Come on, and drop more of those jewels, sweetie. Such flattering words and good advice is hard to find these days, you know." he said. Ryuch threw the remaining half of an apple he was currently eating into the back of Athran's head and shook his head. "Leave her alone... She's not too fond of you. You stink of wine, you crazy thing."
"What are you to judge? You smell of death." Athran winged off.
"Naturally."
"You stink like bones."
"I'm a death god, not a drunk elf." Ryuch shrugged.

visualspice

At what Ryuch proclaimed, she began to wonder if both of these men were drunk. But out of the things she had seen in her life time, meeting a death god would seem to fit right in! She never truly believed in darker beings until that fateful night in the cave...

But the moment her mind went back to that day, she slammed the door on the memories and hardened her gaze.

"Come any closer and I'll kick you between the legs," she warned Athran. "Go back to your wine skin. I'm sure you lost it in that tree you fell from." And she bent back over, and tried to give a few more tugs at her stuck boot. Gods, why wasn't her foot just coming free!? Clearly the Gods just wanted to torture her!

Anadwen

Athran glared at her boot, then proceeded to slowly and gracefully (as gracefully as a drunk elf can) unsheath the Black Sword. His hands, gripping the handles, arose, and he aimed the blade at the root. "Let me cut you out, then."

Ryuch nodded, glancing at the stranger. "He's got quite a good aim, even though he finished about a barrel of wine." he admitted. This woman wasn't anything usual... He couldn't see her lifespan. Above her head, the name Iyla Krue was glinting, but there was no age. His black eyes widened, and he stepped forth towards her, before Athran attempted to cut the root.

"Iyla. You are not a human." he proclaimed plainly.

visualspice

"Cut the root?" Iyla blanched. Oh HELL no! She wasn't about to let a drunken elf cut her foot off. Just because she was immortal didn't mean she wouldn't lose that foot when she returned back to her mortal form. And recalling how painful it was to return to her mortal body each time, she let out a sudden wail of a cry that came out bloodcurdlingly from deep within her throat before she attempted to  slam her fist into Athran's face.

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!"
And turning sharply at Ryuch's comment, she bared her teeth at him and growled.
"And neither are you!" She said pointedly.

Anadwen

Athran's hand grabbed her fist at an inhuman speed. His face, till now twisted in a provocative grin, became ice-cold and hard. As if the effect of the wine was gone for a moment, he pulled her hand up, and stretching her body like a bowstring, his knee arose to hit her in the stomach.

"Don't you dare try that. Ever again." he growled. Ryuch raised a brow at his quick skills, but then shrugged, realizing that Athran had five centuries of experience, which surely outmatched the few bottles of wine. His hand reached for another fruit.

"Off course I'm not a human." he replied nonchalantly.

visualspice

The blow to the gut wasn't expected. Had he been a normal, foolish elf,s he might have been more prepared to stop his fist connecting with her stomach. She dropped to one knee as he still held onto her arm. Damn elf had some muscle behind his blow, and she felt herself trembling as the pain ached within her gut.

But as she remained on one knee, her damn boot still stuck in the tree root, the clouds rolled over head, casting them all in soft shadows. And it was only here her lips twitched into a smile, and a moment later- Iyla disappeared.

Anadwen

Athran only stared at what was a human a moment ago in confusion. Where has she gone? Was it another trick of his wine-soaked brain? He didn't think so - even like this, he didn't use to hallucinate. No, this was a different trick.

Ryuch's bony hand pointed at something in the air. His eyes could still see her body there. Nothing can escape the eyes of a death god, no matter whether it was invisible, or not - the name was still visibly there. He chuckled silently, and his laughter eventually grew louder and louder. "I can see you, Iyla Krue. Stop hiding in the shadows!"

visualspice

She appeared above them, in the trees as she glared down at the creepy, Ryuch thing.
"Apple eater!"s he called out haughtily, throwing her shoulders back and chest out as she kept a firm grip on the branches of the apple tree. "How is it that you know my name?" For clearly she had not given it! She narrowed her eyes at the being suspiciously. Yes, from what she could sense- he did not feel human or really, of anything of this world!

Anadwen

"I am a death god. It's hovering above your head, Iyla Krue. What is, however, more interesting, is that you lack the lifespan that should be underneath it." Ryuch admitted. Athran chuckled. "That's right... He knows everyone's name."

"However, you should be careful. The fact that there are a few numbers missing doesn't mean I can't kill you in one minute." All of a sudden, Ryuch's grin appeared scary. The elf threw his head back in laughter. It was always so exciting to watch Ryuch mess with mortals!

visualspice

Mess around or not, Iyla was not about to stick around to find out what 'more' a death god could do. She had no idea what to make of the nonsense he was sputtering- but then again, if she were to admit what sort of curse was upon her- who would believe her as well?

Tapping into the shadows again, she disappeared, traveling through them to another path in the orchard. Though she made sure she was far enough away so in hopes the peculiar death god wouldn't follow. Or his drunken elf companion. The first gave her the creeps, the other- she just didn't like.

And with her tail seemingly between her legs, she swiftly moved down the path in hopes to lose the pair.  She had a shadow seed to find, after all.

Anadwen

Ryuch's wide wings with ruffled feathers sprang from his back and he arose to the air, pursuing Iyla with Athran behind his heels. His widely grinning head appeared before his face, revealing the sharp teeth, and the juice of an apple he was currently eating flowed down their edges.

"Ah, why all of a sudden such a haste?" he asked. She seemed to want to get away from them... It most likely wasn't going to happen.

Athran, who sobered up at least a little over the chase, however, didn't see her, and crashed right into her, thinking that Ryuch was staring at him, instead of the invisible stranger. A confused grimace appeared on his face. "What's... Is that her?" he asked.

visualspice

Iyla was taken back by the sudden appearance of the death God. With her hand clutching to her chest, she hadn't the time to evade the drunken elf as he ran clean into her. Smashing off of Ryuch from the force, with an 'ooof!' she dropped to her knees between them and her form reappeared, the shadow powers no longer keeping her hidden from sight.

Anadwen

Athran cursed as she appeared before him. "Do you have to keep running and falling all the time?" he glowered. Ryuch laughed shortly, landing on the ground and crossing his arms on his chest.

"I'm sorry if I surprised you. However, your behavior is quite strange. I'm curious, you know." he said. He tilted his head aside and watched her with his glinting black eyes. Athran groaned. "Well, I'm not sorry!" In his opinion, she got what she deserved for trying to punch him. Most people that tried to do so ended up worse.

"Stalking in an orchard is quite strange, don't you think?" he asked.