Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I'll trade my soul for a wish. [Open!]

Started by Rhindeer, August 11, 2014, 02:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehiddenbeast13

Johnathan cautiously walked through the fields with his arms around his head and his long black cloak flowing on the grass. He could see a child running by. The child seemed to be upset, but Johnathan remained silent. He continued to walk down the field and could see something that almost looked like a inn. He peeked his head in and could see a person leaving the room. He wanted to know what was happening in that room, but decided it was none of his own business. He payed for his room and quickly went to his room. He sighed a little and took off his large black cloak and his shirt. When he did his large angelic wings sprouted and fluttered for a moment. Johnathan finally murmured to himself and said,
"I could really use this stretch.."

As he finished stretching out his large wings he quickly had them retract and put on his top again. He left his cloak off and carefully got up. He left the room and went to the fields again. He laid down on the grass and looked up at the sky with a sigh.

Rhindeer

Misae had held perfectly still, frozen in fear while Calder...changed. She couldn't help but silently curse herself because she knew there had to be a catch, had felt the other shoe had to drop sometime because it was far too good to be true and...there it was.

Her noble rescuer was insane. Or possessed. Same difference, really!

Either way, the instant he left the room, she knew she had to get out of there.

Doubly so because, apparently, her master had worked fast. She heard the voices below and cursed again, her heart pounding wildly, and there was just no way she was waiting around! Not to either be found out by those guards, or...well, or the things Calder had planned. Tightening her robe, she moved quickly for the window, opened it, and poked her head out.

It wasn't too high, just one floor above the ground, but that was still high enough to hurt herself. Glancing once more over her shoulder to make sure Calder and the others were still away, she stepped out onto the windowsill and, instead of going down, went up. Balancing carefully on the edge of the sill, she stood, grabbed the roof's edge, and hauled herself up onto it, flopping onto her belly gracelessly and wiggling until she could crawl forward enough to be stable. Then, keeping low, she picked her way across the roof, keeping low and checking over the edge now and then as she looked for a good place to jump.

Preferably, something that was both away from the chaos, and has a soft landing.

[ooc: Hiddenblade, you might wanna read about Essyrn. xD It's a desert oasis city, there aren't fields of grass...]
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

thehiddenbeast13

Johnathan cautiously looked up to the roof and saw a girl on it. His eyes widened as he saw her looking down,
"Is she going to jump?" Johnathan said under his breath.
He looked around nervously and tried to think of something. The sand wouldn't be enough to break her fall and he knew it. He looked around and ran behind the building. He slowly closed his eyes and could feel the back of his shirt tearing two small holes for his large wings. His bright white wings finally flew open and caused a bit of sand to kick up around Johnathan. He flew up to the roof, but didn't touch it. He looked at the girl and said in a calm voice,
"Are you okay? Do you require any help?"
(Ooc:Yeah sorry about that...When I typed that it was getting late, so I got a little stupid when I typed about the grass.)

Rhindeer

[ooc: no worries, I've derped like that pleeenty. xDD]

And suddenly, there was a flying man before her!

Misae bit back a yelp of alarm and jerked backwards in surprise--and tripped over her own feet in the process to land on her rear with a heavy thud. Oh gods and goddesses, that man was flying like a Seytil straight from the Essyrni myths! For a moment, Misae cowered, one arm thrown over her head, thinking that maybe Hakeshna was real (for Misae's tribe had not been Essyrni, and had followed different gods) and that She had sent a messenger to mete out vengeance! But then...

What...?

He was offering to help her?

She lowered her arm just enough to peek at him. "Uh...help?" she repeated dumbly, still shaken.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

thehiddenbeast13

Johnathan could see the girl almost cowering in fear and carefully landed on the roof. The moment his heels touched to roof his wings quickly retraced into his shoulder blades. He looked at the girl and said,
"I don't wish to hurt you...I've only come to help you in your time of need." He tried to say this in a very calming tone.
He could tell she was still a little dumbfounded with what Johnathan had said so he simply said,
"Yes...Help...I wish to help you in anyway that I can.."

Rhindeer

Misae couldn't help her skepticism. As she had quickly learned here, help never came without a catch--even when someone claimed they 'just wanted to help'. But with soldiers below, and Calder all changed, she didn't have time to be picky!

"Then get down," she hissed, motioning him to crouch. "Someone will see you! First thing's first, we need to get down from here--fast, and discreetly."

thehiddenbeast13

Johnathan quickly crouched down and whispered,
"Well...I believe I can make a detraction...In which case you'd be able to escape."
He looked down at some of the soldiers from the rooftop and said,
"I just need to find a way to do so without being spotted..."

Rhindeer

The voices down below were growing louder, closer, and Misae's heart leaped with anxiety. She looked around them, searching for an escape route, and was so panicked she hardly even realized that, already, she was starting to get sunburned. She'd partially undressed indoors with Calder, and had left her headscarf behind in her rush to leave.

"Well, think fast, because we're running out of time!" she whispered.

Or, at least, she was running out of time.

thehiddenbeast13

Johnathan had an idea at last and said to himself,
"I'm going to hate myself for this..."
His wings came out of his shoulder blades as he jumped off of the roof. He caught himself right in front of a solider and stood right in front of him with his large wings keeping him a few feet off of the ground. He took a deep breath and lifted up one leg. He could see the expression on the soldier change from fear to surprise as Johnathan's large boot hit him directly in the nose. He could see the solider stumble back and fall over unconscious. The other soldiers saw the commotion and chased after Johnathan with their swords and other weapons drawn. He flew away from where Misae was and yelled,
"Now hurry! go!"

Rhindeer

It was a foolhardy plan, but it worked--

...At least until Misae's winged helper yelled for her to run.

Because the instant he shouted that, the guards looked back in confusion, since that was a dead giveaway that he was making a nuisance of himself for a reason--and that reason became crystal clear when those guards looked up to the roof the man had swooped down from.

One such guard locked eyes with Misae, and she let out a hissed curse.

"Dammit!"

Moving fast, she picked her way to the roof's edge and crept along it until she caught sight of a cloth overhang, providing shelter for a fruit stand below. With no time to think, she jumped, landed on the overhang, and bounced off, only to land on the ground in a heap, with enough force to wind her. But hey, no broken bones, and no injuries but scraped hands--and the growing sunburn.

Scrambling to her feet, Misae didn't waste any time looking to see where her winged helper was. She ran, as fast as she could, in the opposite direction of the guards.