Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

So, a slaver and a shifter walk into a bar... (visualspice)

Started by Zack, October 06, 2014, 09:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zack

The caravan moved at a relaxed pace, rolling gently over the bumps in the road. It was a slave caravan, and judging from the two wagons and the fit-to-burst cage on wheels, it was a profitable one.

The day was mostly cloudy with patches of warm sunlight sifting through, but dark clouds on the horizon showed that the weather would be a lot less pleasant as the course of the day went by. Even now, a drop or two could be felt by somebody walking outside of the shelter of the wagons.

"Move along, now. Ain't got all day, ya daft lout."

Morze threw an indignant look over his shoulder, making sure his tone left little to the imagination. "I'd move a little faster if you hadn't clapped in chains, sir."

Though he got cuffed hard in the ear for his sass, he couldn't help but smile a little. That was the first reaction he had been able to get out of the man in hours.

Three days prior, Morze had been minding his business on some shoreline or another, he wasn't sure exactly where, when he heard a cry of distress. There was a little girl in the ocean, flailing and sputtering. In the heat of the moment the fact that the girl was human, that she floated well for somebody who was drowning, and that she seemingly came out of nowhere didn't register to him. One thing led to another and, before he knew it, he was caught up in a fishing net by this man... a slaver named Caesar Barrios. The girl of course, had been a decoy.

It would have been fine had he not shifted back to human form. Seemed like a good idea at the time, he would be able to explain himself. In retrospect, it's what got him landed miles and miles from shore and the salty depths his body ached for. Caesar, being a man of the sea, had recognized Morze for what he was pretty quickly, and stolen his skin without hesitation.

At least I'm popular with him, Morze thought glumly as he glanced back at the giant cage on wheels. I'd be doing a lot less well in that thing. He looked down at the rags he had been given to wear. And I'm not romping around in the nude.

"We're still about half a day away from Ketra. If you keep talking, boy, you're not going to fetch a very good price in the market, so do us both a favor and shut your damn trap."

Morze tried hard not to let his smile spread, and tried even harder not to retort. Men had treated him like this before, he fully grasped the situation he was in. Attitude was tantamount to a hard beating. "Yes, sir." was all he replied with, trying to sound sincere without being sarcastic. A boot to the ass showed Morze that his captor had thought the latter.

The physical descriptions of Caesar's followers were hard to pinpoint; they were all pretty plain, nondescript folks, five of them.. Caesar on the other hand was very recognizable. Besides his flair for the garish, his person was decked out in bright clothing in hues of red and blue, and he sported a thick black mustache that reminded Morze of the bristles on a sea urchin. Morze had given lip to Caesar at first in regards to his mustache, and Morze was still recovering from the black eye he had been given for the remark.

Caesar wasn't hard to figure out. He liked abuse. He liked drinking. He liked women, especially 'testing out' the 'merchandise' that he planned on selling. More than those three, he loved coin.

Morze let out a small, contented sigh as he felt rain fall in a steady sprinkle. His skin felt parched, and the moisture, sea water or not, was soothing to him. Yes, he had been in situations like this before, but he was sure he would get out of it like he always did. And Caesar would get what was coming to him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night was pitch black by the time they reached Ketra. One of Caesar's men had questioned the wisdom of traveling at night, but after a brief physical altercation he relented that maybe it would be a better idea to make the trip at night.

Within the first hour of entering Ketra, the caravan was holed up in a seedy bar near the edge of town. Caesar was disappointed they couldn't stay at The Randy Peach, but couldn't really do anything about it because they were full up to capacity on patrons. There was also a story among the men about how he had lost all of his slaves last time he had brought a caravan, causing the slaver to take precautions against problems like that; there were two men outside with the prisoners, eating their dinner and drinking their ale while guarding.

Morze sat in silence outside, enjoying the way the rain spattered his skin. It was a good, cold rain. He hated the scent of the horses that were put up with the wagons and cage in the stables they were in, and hated the hay even more. But the rain was here, and it helped. Closing his eyes, Morze decided he should turn in early to reserve his strength...

"Hey, mister."

Morze's eyes shot open and settled on the cage where the future servants were being kept. What looked out at him was the face of the little girl who had deceived him into the fishing net. Though his first reaction was to feel disgust, he noticed with a twinge of guilt that the girl was sobbing.

"Mister, I'm really sorry. I... I didn't want t-t-to... to..." She stopped, her crying so uncontrollable that all that was coming out of her mouth was choked whimpering. "He... he said he would h-h-h-hurt..."

Morze cut her off after she couldn't compose herself for long enough. "I understand, it's not your fault."

She looked up, big eyes luminescent in the torchlight of the stables. "It is. I could have said no."

Morze smiled despite the situation. "You're brave for someone so small." In order to keep this girl from crying, he changed the subject. "What's your name?"

It took a few moments for her to stop sniffling, but she struggled out, "M-M-Madeline, sir." Morze nodded. "And how old are you?" Madeline seemed to brighten up a bit. "I have eight summers, mister. What's your name?" Morze's eyes widened slightly, surprised that the girl was so young. "That's an old expression, even older than me! And you're such a good swimmer for your age, your parents must be proud."

Morze realized his mistake as soon as Madeline's face went from brightening up to utter sadness. "I'm an orphan." She explained flatly. "My papa took care of me, but he got sick and we couldn't afford the medicine he needed..." Morze held up his hand. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say anything insensitive, I'm sorry." And, after a pause, "My parents are gone, too."

Madeline went to continue, when Morze held up a finger to silence her. Something didn't feel right. A sudden hush went over the stable. An unnatural hush. As if the guards were listening for something...

visualspice

It just figures she got a juicy piece of information that she and 'the girls' could use to help thwart a slaver in his tracks, but it figured Starlight was busy with a high paying patron until morning and Candy wasn't sure this piece of information could wait. She'd done 'hiests' like these several times before... But never alone. Starlight made it quite clear that 'the ladies' worked together, though sometimes that just didn't happen and well, Candy was too anxious to wait. So she grabbed her gear and slipped out, hoping no one would notice on this especially busy night, but she had a suspicion her boss would.

She could deal with that ear ache later. She had some people to save and not a lot of time. Her information brought herto the seedier side of town, and she had to really watch herself here. Thankfully she had already changed clothes as she hoped to pass as another man (because as a woman, traveling alone here would be doubly unsafe.) But soon she was upon what she sought, the caravan she had heard about.

"So the dumb drunk was right," she whispered with a smirk and silently crept forward to observe. These men were clever, putting up a pair of guards ... But to 'Card Trick', who pulled out a playing card, knew this would be cake walk.

...well, until she tried.to hit one of the men with her playing card weapon and missed.

"What the hell?" One of the guards got up to investigate and she knew it was time to improvise, so when the man turned around- he'd find a pole cue to is face, in which smacked him clean across the jaw, then face, as he cried out, and saw stars.

The second on guard was quick to draw his weapon, but as he slashed his blade at the person in the long jacket, he missed and cut nothing but the air tailing off the end of her coat. She moved swift.like the shadows and evaded his second on coming attack with ease, and while the man made chase... The long jacketed figure seemed to disappear...
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zack

Morze stood suddenly, and his heart leapt into his throat as he saw somebody pummeling one of the guards. He resisted the urge to call out, not wanting to endanger himself if this long-coated assailant couldn't keep it up against the second guard, who was making a beeline for him. Sucking in his breath as the guard lashed out with his sword, he let it out in a sigh of relief when he saw that the person in the coat was more than agile enough to move out of the way of the clumsy attack.

The guard turned his back to follow the fleeing figure, and Morze didn't think twice to use this opportunity. Concentrating hard, he was able to transform his arms into fins up to his wrist, slipping the shackles that bound him with ease before turning his arms back into humanoid ones. Despite getting them off, his wrists were still cold and sore from poor circulation, and he rubbed them vigorously as he made his way to the cage Madeline was in.

"Don't worry." Morze said gently to her, checking a couple times to make sure the guard hadn't returned. "I'm going to get you out of there right away."

As he fidgeted with the lock, Madeline's tiny pale hand snaked out from between the bars and grasped his. "But won't you get in trouble?" She asked, the concern in her voice being so genuine that it was almost cute. Morze chuckled a little and replied, "Can't really get into much more trouble than I'm already in."

"Want ta put a bet on that?" A voice said from behind.

Morze turned around in a panic, but was struck to the ground by something hard before he could defend himself. Kicking out his leg reflexively, his foot found its' mark and struck his assailant in the groin hard enough to elicit a groan of pain. Stumbling to his feet, Morze found the aggressor to be a third companion of Caesar's. Without missing a beat, Morze drove his knee into the nose of the man as he hunched over in pain, and after the blow the slaver slumped to the ground unconscious.

Checking the body, Morze was delighted to find a dagger and a set of keys to the locks on the cage and wagon. Twirling the key ring around on his finger as he rose, he once more checked for the second guard and any companions the third man might have brought with him. Madeline had begun to rouse the other prisoners, and before long the whole cage was full of tired but alert men and women. Holding up a finger to his lips to urge quiet to them all, Morze unlocked the cage...

visualspice

Jumping down, as if she had come from the sky, the jacketed figure landed in a crouch and inspected the fallen figure before rising with a smirk. Her form was mostly hidden in shadow, but the smile was evident in her voice.

"Nice job with that guy," she said, jerking her finger it's way. "But you're gonna make my job too easy." And she slipped the pole cue onto the sheath on her back and surveyed the rows and stacked piles of cages.

"By the Gods, that man sure has a lot of slaves he wanted to sell." And with a smirk, she glanced over at Morze as he was working at the cages. "You there, keep unlocking those cages. There's a warehouse down this way with a path leading to the docks. If we're quick enough, we can get most of these people out of here before anyone will know they've gone. Just be quick, okay? 'Cause I ain't sure how many of those men are around here. And last time I counted, there should have been at least one more."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zack

Morze nodded enthusiastically, trying not to show his surprise at her sudden entrance. "There's the guard you chased off, and there are at least a half dozen more in the building." Morze gritted his teeth as he progressed to the wagon to release the handful of prisoners there. Caeser kept the prettiest women in the wagon to keep them unmarked and comfortable so that he could sell them for a higher profit; leaving them in the cages with dodgy men that hadn't had a woman in awhile was a recipe for disaster.

"We should get out of here as fast as possible. It's probable that the man you led away from here has already alerted the man running this operation." After a brief pause, he threw a suspicious look towards the shadowy figure that descended from the sky. "And it's not 'you there', it's Morze. I don't know why you're helping us, but thank you."

After unlocking the door to the wagon, Morze leaned in to talk to the women. There were six of them, and they all looked forward in a disturbing thousand-yard stare. Morze cursed under his breath; Caesar had made sure to drug these women. Turning to the jacketed form, he groaned and said, "These ones won't be able to make the journey on their own. I can carry one or possibly two if need be, but I don't think I can handle six. Go fetch some of the men and ask if they can help tend to the women in the wagon."

visualspice

Smirking, she revealed her own name as ...
"Hun, you can call me Card Trick."
And after contemplating the amount of men, and knowing she'd be over whelmed in a fight, she turned to Morze and said, "I've got a better idea. How about I provide a distraction and you get these people the hell outta here."

Zack

The shifter nodded emphatically. He didn't know what to think of this person, but she clearly didn't have any motives beyond good ones.

"The man in charge is named Caesar, and he'll be pretty damn hard to miss. Loud man, garish clothing. He's going to be the one you should worry about the most." Before he turned away, he offered a small smile to his savior. "I can't thank you enough, really miss... uh, Card Trick."

Going into the wagon to grab one of the girls, Morze's hand landed on something that felt much too soft to be man-made. With effort, he was able to stifle any cries of relief or exhilaration; Caesar, the dumb bastard, had left Morze's post-shift skin unattended in the wagon with the girls. Wrapping it and tying it off at his waist, he picked up two of the women, one in each arm, and headed out of the wagon to fetch the other former prisoners.

visualspice

"No need to thank me, though it was nice," she said with a wink. "Now just get these people outta here! Okay?"
And taking his instructions, she rushed off, and just as he described, Caesar wasn't hard to find. He was loud and drunk, and she remained in the shadows, counting how many men were with him that might be employed. Seeing how just about all of them had at least one drink in their belly, she figured the easiest distraction would be to flaunt herself- which meant ditching part of her attire.

Thankfully she owned many pairs of wigs, and the attire beneath what she had been wearing shouldn't have been familiar to any of her 'regulars', so after shrugging off her long jacket and setting it aside, she sauntered on into the room.

It didn't take long for all eyes to be upon her. Though the men had been feasting their eyes and hands on the bar maid, seeing a youthful woman walking around picked up their interest, and soon Caesar and his men were whistling over to her- and giving her a personal invitation to their table.

"Mind if I buy you a drink? You look thirsty."

Candy couldn't help but smile as she took a seat, crossing one leg over the other and leaned forward with a well practiced sultry look.
"A drink sounds divine, hun. And you're right..." Here, she paused to giggled. "I am rather thirsty."

And she might have appeared hungry too as her eyes roamed over the man, which of course, made his ego swell.

Zack

After a few minutes, Morze had rounded up enough of the prisoners to help the nearly comatose women. Moving swiftly, he formed a line of sorts and handed the women out to the hands of able-bodied individuals that could help. Even in this desperate situation, a pair of youths that slung one of the girls on their shoulders between them charmed Morze and warmed his heart ever so slightly. It's good to see that they can fight past their fight or flight instinct, he thought to himself.

Climbing down the short steps back onto solid ground, Morze was indulging in a satisfied gaze towards the fleeing backs of the released prisoners when a tug on his wrist nearly scared him out of his skin.

It was the little girl, Madeline.

Though it took some restraint to not yell at her, Morze immediately knelt down and stared her in the eyes. "What are you still doing here, Madeline? It's not safe..." Though his tone was harsh, he was a little stricken to see that there were tears in her eyes.

"B-b-b-but mister... they said that... Caesar said that if I tried to run away, he'd... he'd go back and finish what he started."

Morze's eyes narrowed, and with some degree of delicacy he reached up and gripped Madeline's shoulders reassuringly. "What do you mean, finish what he started?"

Madeline looked down and away from him, as if trying to keep a secret. Morze was patient, though, and after a few moments she looked up into his eyes with a steady and surprising determination.

"I told you my papa died. Well, my aunty took care of me after that. Aunty Nikki." She flashed her teeth in a winning smile that Morze knew would win over many hearts in her later years. "She's not my real aunty, I know, but she treats me like her own kid. Papa said she could never have her own kids." Tears rolled into her eyes again like an inexorable tide. "... and Caesar said he'd go back and k-k-k... kill her if I didn't go away with him."

The shifter's eyes widened, and a pit that felt like a ball of cold metal settled in his stomach. With a cold voice not unlike the ocean he called home, Morze whispered to Madeline, "Go. Go now. Caesar won't be coming after you any more. I promise."

Madeline shook her head, her tears flying off of her little cheeks and going into her hair and onto the ground. "No, it's not that easy. He knows where I live and everything."

Morze shot her a hot look, and Madeline took a step back in fear, her mouth agape. "Didn't you hear me? I said GO!" Morze bellowed, causing the girl to let out a little yelp not unlike that of a beaten dog. She scampered away towards the other prisoners then, her face a mixture of fear and bewilderment.

The sea-dweller turned towards the establishment that held Caesar within with a purpose after affirming that she had left completely. "All right, Caesar," he said to himself, stretching his arms as he began to walk towards the door, "Let's see how you like threatening little girls when I'm done with you."

visualspice

Card Trick could only hope that the prisoners could get out in time. Men, though immersed in the wiles of a woman, could not be held in one place forever. And right now, Card Trick wasn't about to turn this into a free round for his entourage.

So a little cop and feel here or there was no big deal, but the men were getting restless, and she knew they'd be set to leave- and their destination was obvious-
The Randy Peach.

So when they all began to come to that conclusion, it was Card Trick who stood up first.
"The Randy Peach?" she offered them a pout. "Why go there? Is my company not entertaining enough?"

And Caesar, who had begun to rise, stood now fully and gave a chuckle through closed lips. He took a step towards the young woman, a hand to her chin in an almost tender gesture.

"We are men. Men have... needs..." he said, eyes roving over her form before he gripped her arm suddenly, and tightly. "Unless you're offering something besides a few looks and cheap feels.... I think we need to move this conversation.. elsewhere."
And she began to feel his hand snaking beneath her clothing as he pulled her in close.

Zack

Before letting his fury overtake him, Morze paused a moment and evaluated his current situation. He was without any weapons, debilitated by a prolonged lack of seawater, and hadn't eaten or drank anything substantial in days. He had been worse, but...

Perhaps it's better to approach this more cautiously. He mused to himself, slowly taking steps back from the door. In the back of his mind, he also wondered if any rash actions he took could put Card Trick in danger, and with a heave of determination he held back from bursting through the door. This would require strategy.

Morze walked back to where the slaves had been at a brisk pace, then analyzed the area that the slaves had run in. He could, at the very least, buy them time. They had all run northeast, and the road adjacent to the seedy establishment ran north to south. Using what little skill with the mystic arts he had, he dissolved his post-shift skin from around his waist and prepared to make a gamble against Caesar and his men.

Disheveling his hair and scuffing himself up a bit to look as though he'd been in a fight, Morze finally burst through the door. "Somebody, anybody..." He called, lamenting on the floor in a hobbled, pitiful way. "Some sort of shadowy figure came and freed all of the slaves! He's leading them south as we speak!"

visualspice

And just like that, all of the men changed gear and were ready in no time, as if to take on hell. It was a terrifying sight to see, but even in their angered state, they were not to forget to grab Morze on their way out, leaving Card Trick stunned. She simply stared at the men as they rushed out of there before it all sunk in...
Morze was trying to divert them...

But turns out he got caught up in his own plan! But did he know that?
If so... poor thing! Giving up his own freedom for the rest...

Well, his efforts would not be in vein! For Card Trick did not hesitate to follow after.

The south road huh? That could only mean the slaves went anyway but. And she smirked, seeing the men run in that direction. Well.. at least they took the bait...

Zack

Morze spit out a mouthful of blood as Caesar roughly pushed him along. "Now that's a good little shifter." Caesar said through gritted teeth. "Come to tell me my product ran away. Hoping I'll give you your skin back for good behavior? Do you think me dense, boy?" With a backhanded strike, he walloped Morze in the same side of the face he had hit him just prior, causing another gush of blood to stream out of his mouth.

The men around him were all armed to the teeth, and weren't going to be happy when they found out Morze had been lying. However, if Morze had been listening to the chatter from others correctly, there should be some kind of body of water like a river or lake somewhere to the south. Once he was close enough to it, he'd be able to sense it, and Morze could just make a break for it.

But not before making sure Caesar couldn't continue upon his path of wanton pillage, kidnapping, and murder. And there was also Card Trick to take into account. Morze had caught a glimpse of the men inside trying to cop a feel before he waltzed in, and wasn't sure if she had gotten away after his little outburst. She had helped him, and he felt obliged to make sure she wasn't going to get into trouble because of him.

One more blow, although lighter, brought him back out of his thoughts and into the moment. Caesar was mad, and because all that was left of his product was Morze, he wasn't concerned about who he took it out on. He knew Morze could take it, and he certainly was giving it.

visualspice

She couldn't believe what was happening. She would have went to tend to the slaves, to help them get away before they would be sealed to their fate, but she found herself following after Morze. ANd she was stunned by what she saw.

She had told herself she had come to ensure the men had, in fact, went the opposing direction, but now when she saw the consequences, she knew she couldn't just stand there and grit her teeth. Something had to be done.

Pulling out a magically loaded die, she blew on it for good luck and gave it a shake inside her fist. Then, when she felt she was close enough to hit her intended target, she tossed the thing and as it hit Caesar's cheek- the die suddenly exploded. Not enough of a force to kill, but the man would certainly be smarting and seeing stars.

Zack

Despite being long-lived, despite being a being considered wise and well-traveled, and despite being a creature familiar with magic, Morze couldn't conceal his surprise at watching the localized explosion burst in the face of his aggressor, and was only barely able to take advantage of the situation as a sadistic smile curled his lips. Serves you right, you rat bastard.

Everything seemed like it was moving in slow motion as Morze rose to a fighting stance. His eyes darted to follow the direction the explosion had originated from, and though he could see nobody, he could only assume Card Trick had once again come to his aid. He mentally thanked her before rearing back and jabbing Caesar, whose mouth was agape and howling with agony, square in the jaw. Due to his maw being open, the slaver slumped unconscious almost immediately, like a puppet whose strings had been cut. As Caesar's followers were struggling to understand what had just happened, only just now reaching for their weapons, Morze reached out in a dramatically wide arc and flashed his smile at them.

"You men would do well to turn back. If you bargain your lives against mine, you will end up like your master." As he said this, his arms seemed to stretch out, writhing like whips as they became thinner and longer. I'm close to a body of water. I can feel it now. If i can just trounce these few men, I can find my way back to the sea easily, and then I can rest.

Though many of the men stood their ground, and even began to advance, the effect of Morze's transformation was not lost on all of them. His arms were becoming the tentacles of some large sea beast, pulsating with muscle strong enough to crush them like insects. "I will ask you once more to turn back. Because I will attack you should you take another step closer to me."

None of the men moved, forward or backwards, and Morze grew concerned. He would rather they choose. He couldn't keep up the transformation for very long before growing too tired to fight. He looked around briefly for Card Trick, hoping she would be available for assistance were it needed...

visualspice

Things were definitely looking ugly, and Candy (well, at the present moment- 'Card Trick!') knew she just wasn't about to stand back and let the man (or beast? Whatever he was!) fight these goons alone! Shuffling through things in her pocket, she pulled out a razor sharp, metal version of a playing card- though this version of cards were meant to cut, as all sides glinted sharply in the light. She leaped from the shadows, landing near to Morze, card raised between two fingers, and she in a stance ready to fight.

"Seems you boys don't take hints all that easy. Maybe this will help cut you down to your proper size!" And with a flick of her wrist, she shot the bladed card towards one of the men in the back- and though it seemed the man had dodged, she expected this- and the card cut straight across his suspenders, forcing his pants to drop!

"Oh, look at that, I missed." Though when the man was distracted, she casually threw another card at him- this time the bladed card landed through his boot- and the man was howling. And while the men began to panic and (or!) get angered, Card Trick flashed a grin to her partner in crime.

"Nice tentacle arms. "