Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hide in the shadows, or bask in uncertainty.

Started by IcarusDescension, December 08, 2014, 06:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, go on with your blaming but if you don't keep your mouth shut you're going to swallow water! And I ain't the sort of man to willingly give mouth to mouth to another man, so.."
And with that, he pulled Liri forward so she was snug against his hip, and then he grabbed onto Liri's shirt collar before suddenly hefting the boy up and out of the water and dumping him unceremoniously onto the bottom of the boat before he himself, crawled inside with a sigh.

Thankful for the reprieve, he half laid against the side of the boat, glad it wasn't moving (for the moment) and glad they were out of those rapids. It was only then he went down to rub at his leg, which was still smarting from when he smacked the river rock but a moment ago. And when he realized a lot of blood appeared to be rivering down his leg, he swore.

Without a second thought, his shirt was removed and he made quick work to bind it around his leg. The fact he was wet made the wound look a lot worse than it really was, but it was deep enough to still leave him cringing. And even though he had the shirt tied tight around his leg, he pressed a hand firmly over top of it to help apply pressure to aid the wound in clotting.

"That'll make a nice scar later," he said cheerfully, but no less tired and a bit strained after their near drowning ordeal.

"Well, at least there's no bears in this boat." He went on, and slumped his head back and closed his eyes.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

IcarusDescension

Liri spend a few moments sputtering and coughing, for she had indeed managed to swallow a bit of water, but she was out of the water and safe - for the moment. The fact seemed to calm her and she looked over as John tended to his wound and laid back in the boat.

Her brow creased when she saw the amount of blood. Once again the man had come to her aid, saving her life from a bear and then the river's grasp, and she hadn't even given a thought to his injury. In fact she recalled yelling at him in her panic...

Suddenly she looked down, feeling abashed. Why was she always so angry at the man anyway? Hadn't he shown her nothing but kindness? Her jumbled mind offered no answer.

"How's your leg?" she asked. Partly she asked out of concern, after all there was a reasonable amount of blood loss and her muddled memory came to life again telling her that blood loss could lead to shock. And it was best to keep the person conscious and talking if that was the case.

Of course he didn't really seem like he was in shock, but she didn't care. She wanted to break the silence anyway.

visualspice

"Eh, I'll live. The shirt will keep help clot the wound faster." He gave a shrug. "I'm more worried about getting out of this river. It seems there's nothing but rapids ahead, and I don't exactly want to have the boat capsize again."
Especially now, knowing Liri couldn't swim.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

IcarusDescension

Liri looked around them, prodded by his words. The boat had lodged in a couple of boulders and wasn't going anywhere for the moment, but that was both a blessing and a curse. They were trapped in the river in a boat which couldn't move, nearer to the shore opposite Rhubarb's shack than the one on which they wanted to be.

She frowned at the thought of trying to dog-paddle her way to shore with the current and the proximity of the rapids to contend with. They could probably dislodge the boat, but not easily, and John's concerns of capsizing again in the process seemed quite well founded.

"Well..." Her mind drew a nice big blank. "Don't just lay there! Think of something!"

She flinched at her own remarks. When had she started depending on those around her to get her out of every situation? For years she had lived as a vagabond, depending only on herself. Of course she hadn't spent those years being hunted by thugs and shapeshifters and bears and...

Stop! She commanded herself. She wouldn't give up everything she had learned from those experiences because of a few days of misfortune. After all everyone she depended upon would sooner or later leave her anyway, through fate or there own decisions. Time had proved that over and over again. It was time to remember who she was.

"Sorry," she said in a more calm voice. "I... haven't felt myself lately. Thank you for saving my life by the way, I wouldn't even have seen that bear coming until it was too late..."

visualspice

"Doesn't that mean I should get two thank yous? I did save you from drowning."

IcarusDescension

"Oh," she replied as a slight edge began to slip into her voice again, "I wasn't aware we were *counting*..."

visualspice

"Well, if we are counting then I'd have a lot more owed than that!" he told him with a smart grin."Though I guess that'd be useless if we end up drowning in the river."  He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "So... Got any bright ideas?"

IcarusDescension

Liri's eyebrow started twitching at the man's smart grin and near-bragging banter. She felt her fist clench. Fortunately perhaps there were no nearby pillows this time around to grab.

Her chin went up at his question of bright ideas. "Why as a matter of fact I do," she lied.

...Now just what was it again..?

She rested her back against the wood of the boat and crossed her arms, glancing around and trying to look casual. "I'm still trying to work out the details is all..."

Why isn't Obsidian coming to rescue us? she wondered. The more rational side of her mind provided several answers. After all they *had* left an angry looking bear behind at the camp and who knows if the others were still dealing with that problem. Or perhaps they didn't yet realize the boat was missing and were still trying to figure out where John and Liri and gone to.

Yet the more distrustful part of her mind had already formulated another answer. Maybe she wasn't coming at all. Maybe the elf had finally decided that Liri was more trouble than she was worth and had decided to cut her losses? Everyone abandoned her sooner or later after all, why should the blue-skinned woman be an exception?

Liri's gaze jumped to her companion in their humble little raft. The man who, as he had so obnoxiously pointed out, had indeed saved her life quite a few times now. All without ever asking for anything in return. The sun glistened on his wet bare chest, and once again she found herself distractedly studying the man's thin but well-muscled frame.

She shook herself, trying to focus on more relevant matters, but her mind only jumped back to their last conversation instead. His kind words, the way he had treated her like a friend - no, closer than a friend - like a brother. The casual compassion; her expression softened at the memory of it.

Then she recalled his breast-poke. Her expression reddened at that memory. She narrowed her eyes at him. "OK," she said at last. "So I don't actually have any ideas... but I'm sure I'll think of one."

visualspice

He gave a sigh, and looked over at the river.
"Unfortunately, I think our only option is the river. Its not like I can fly. Can you?"

IcarusDescension

Liri stared at the river distrustfully, as if hands were waiting beneath the surface to grab her and pull her to her death. Time to remember who I am... Time to start depending on myself again.

Finally she seemed to come to some inner decision. Her gaze had come to rest on one of the boat's crossbeams, which looked more aged and abused than the others.

With all her strength she began kicking at one side of it, where it connected to the boat's side-beams. The boat shook but did not dislodge, and at first she thought her idea was a bad one after all. Yet on the third kick she heard the distinct sound of cracking wood and the beam spintered. She smiled and continued to work.

"Well," she said as she went to work on the other side of the beam. "We seem to be sitting on some wood, might as well make use of it..." The boat complained under her efforts, and she wasn't sure it would hold water as well by the time she got done, but she didn't care. Either they could use the beams for makeshift oars as they steered their way through the rapids, or she could use them to keep her from drowning as they tried to swim to shore. Either way the boat itself wouldn't have to float for long.

visualspice

"Hey, what are you-" John started, but once he saw what Liri had accomplished, a smirk tugged leftward. "Well... that's a mighty impressive bear slayer for when we get back to land," he joked. "So, shall I do the honors, or shall you?" he went on, this time meaning to offer in being the rower of their esteemed little ship!

IcarusDescension

Liri panted, stopping her assault on another beam. Unlike the first it wasn't in as bad a shape or partially rotted on one end. The boat shook and complained but the wood wasn't going anywhere. To top it off her recently (mostly) healed injuries were letting her have it again and she finally conceded the battle.

She handed the first beam unceremoniously over to John. "I could only get one loose, so perhaps you should do the honors since this is my first time in a boat... When we get to the bear-killing part whack him a good one for me eh?" She tried a smile, though it came out somewhat pained.

With that, she put her right food over the side of the boat and tried to dislodge them from the rocks without turning the whole treacherous pile of wood upside-down in the water again. She wouldn't be able to do it on her own without launching them haphazardly into the current, but she figured with John using the wood as a primitive lever on the other side they just might have a chance.

visualspice

John gave her a salute, and once they were pushed away from the rocks, he set to work guiding them as best he could with his make shift oar. Though a regular oar would make it difficult, as the waters seemed to do a lot of the work, shoving them forward and nearly spinning them about when they hit a second rock. And soon they found themselves backwards and John, trying to figure out which way to row as no matter which side he favored, the boat seemed to continue on a path of its own.

Ethereal-Star

Obsidian had left the cabin sometime before dawn, alerted by something which had brought on a strange feeling of dread within her. Despite the danger, she made up her mind to go check it out as the feeling would not dissipate no matter how much she tried to focus otherwise. And it was with this compelling urge inside her, that the moon elf had reluctantly gotten up and exited the small cabin, closing the door quietly behind her so as not to wake anyone.

Outside, the morning was steadily approaching, the soft rays of light beginning to show itself more and more as the minutes passed. Following only a vague sense of wrongness, Obsidian soon found herself on a path she hadn't recalled seeing before. The dirt path was narrow and led fairly straight before cutting off abruptly in front of a small wooded area. However the feeling of dread was so strong now that Obsidian began to feel sick to her stomach at the intense waves of unease which flowed through her. Taking a few deep breaths, she stepped forward once and looked around her, trying to find the source of her discomfort.

Soon, a figure approached. The first things that Obsidian noticed were this figure was covered from head to toe in black robes, a hood covering his (or her) features. The other immediate thing she noticed was a strange dark purplish-magenta light emanating from the person's hands, holding their hands out as though searching for something. The figure continued on slowly like this, testing each new area with this odd magic light. As the figure drew ever nearer, the moon elf could feel a palpable sense of evil emanating from the person whoever or whatever it was. The aura was now more detectable and became even more so as the person continued walking, the dark magenta-purple light harboring a darkness inside which no light should rightly possess.

Suddenly the figure stopped and looked sharply in Obsidian's direction. The lunar mage had been so focused on the newcomer and the dread she felt, she hadn't thought to hide herself in shadow with her magic until it was too late. The feeling of dread intensified as the figure stared straight at her, dark hood of blackness revealing nothing, yet Obsidian could feel eyes boring into her so deep that it felt as though the figure was staring straight into her very soul. And Obsidian very much did not like the feeling at all. She stared straight back at it, trying to remain calm and unafraid, but with little success. The strange light at the creature's side brightened momentarily before it went out in a flash. Shortly after that, the figure spoke, its voice oddly androgynous and gravelly. She could not tell if it were male or female as it spoke in a threatening tone to the moon elf before it.

"You." the figure spoke that one word, and Obsidian felt her insides twist in fear. "I heard about you." It continued to stare unnervingly at the moon elf before speaking again. "A thorn in my master's side you are. What shall I do with you, I wonder? After all, can't have you meddling in his affairs, now can I?"

Obsidian remained rooted to the spot, all senses telling her to run but she found her feet firmly stuck where they were, as though this creature had the power to freeze her in place. She couldn't move one bit and so continued to stare uncomfortably at the ominous robed figure. All she could gather with her scattered thoughts was the thing before her must be in league with the forces she saw in her moon vision. All other coherent thoughts fell by the wayside, finding she couldn't even speak at that moment. So all she could do was stare helplessly as the person lifted an arm, clawed fingers barely visible underneath the sleeve of its robe, pointed at her and muttered an incantation in a speech so dark and vile Obsidian could barely breathe.

A daze of fog surrounded her and she found her elven eyesight couldn't pierce through its misty haze so it had to be not a normal fog, which of course was obvious from the start that it wasn't. The moon elf was mildly aware of the creature starting to mutter another incantation before it stopped suddenly as though distracted by something. She couldn't hear it move away but she certainly sensed that it had, the aura becoming fainter as it tried to follow its new lead. The fog remained in place for what seemed like hours, but was probably only several minutes at best.

Soon, the disorienting effect dissolved and Obsidian could see clearly again. However the creepy figure was nowhere to be seen and Obsidian feared for her companions as she strongly suspected it went after them now. She couldn't help but feel relief at the fact that her life had been spared, even if it wasn't intentional but she was still alive regardless. Slowly her strength began to return, the coldness which had permeated her being fading away more and more as the vile stranger left the vicinity. Moving her fingers and toes, she began to walk quickly back to the cabin, intent on alerting the others of the danger they now faced. That is, unless the creature got there first.

Her walk soon hastened into an all-out sprint as she hurriedly tried to make her way back before anything happened. She soon made it back to the cabin, Obsidian had all intents and purposes of running inside to warn her comrades and gracious host when she noticed the cabin door ajar and the sounds of yelling and shouting coming from the river. Without sparing a glance inside, the moon elf rushed off toward the river, her heart heavy in her chest as she did.

What she wasn't expecting was to be delayed by a bear. Obsidian stopped suddenly and froze as the animal snarled viciously at her. She wasted no time and dashed over to a tree where the shadows pooled more heavily and shrouded herself in her magic. The bear, now not being able to see the tall biped anywhere sniffed the air angrily for a while trying to figure out just where she was, before finally giving up in a huff as it stalked over to a grove of trees some ways away from her position.

Obsidian had already begun to move toward the river again, trying to locate her companions whose shouts she clearly heard. Hefting her bag over her shoulder, she continued to make her way steadily so as not to alert the bear or any other enemies in the area. She could not afford to be delayed again. She couldn't! Pushing past some branches and leaves in her way, Obsidian finally made it to the river and spotted a boat up ahead, several yards away. She did not see the sinister figure anywhere but she did see her companions Liri and John as they struggled with the boat and rushing current of the river.

Opening up her bag, she withdrew a rope and quickly jogged over to where they were, reappearing again from the shadows, the meager cover the trees provided quickly dissipating as she shrugged off the magic darkness like a cloak and yelled to them over the roar of the rapids, "Here! Grab this!" And she unfurled the rope quickly, tossing it their way, praying to the moon goddess Nephril that they would not get washed over board and drown. So far the bear seemed to not pay them any attention, but Obsidian's mind was focused on the safety of her companions now, all thoughts of the bear pushed to the back burner.

Meanwhile, a furious hawk sat overhead in the highest branches of a tree nearby, watching the whole spectacle unfold in extreme agitation. The mysterious cloaked figure and Osgald were nowhere to be seen, while the hawk just glared angrily down at the trio as it contemplated what its next move should be.

IcarusDescension

Disaster! Liri flew off balance again and landed hard against the side of their boat as it slammed into a rock with a loud groan of protest. She felt herself laying in a puddle which was rapidly getting deeper, which meant their boat was leaking. If it was from her apparently not-so-brilliant plan of taking out the wood support beam or slamming into the rock (or both) she wasn't sure but then it really didn't matter. Either way they were out of control and clearly going to sink -assuming the rapids didn't pull them under before it could matter.

John was clearly doing his best to steer them from further harm but she could tell the raging currents were making it all but impossible. I've doomed us to drown in this cursed river, she thought miserably. I should have left well enough alone...

Then to her astonishment she heard a familiar voice calling to them. She turned frantically to compensate for the churning of their boat in the rapids, seeking the source of the voice, and saw Obsidian standing on shore. The elf tossed a rope their way.

Liri couldn't believe her eyes. They were saved after all! The rope sped towards them and landed in the water just beside the boat. Immediately the currents tried to pull it away but without thinking she leaped into the water and grabbed it before that could happen. Unfortunately this left her off balance and halfway out of the boat. She anchored herself as best she could to keep from getting pulled out of the boat but didn't make any headway in getting them closer to shore.

"Help me pull!" cried Liri though she guessed John was already moving to do so anyway.

visualspice

She was right to presume on John's intents, but clumsy footing and a rocking boat sent John toppling forward, so when he tried to reach for the rope....
He fell into the waters, face first.

Ethereal-Star

Obsidian gasped in alarm as John face-planted into the rushing water and immediately tried to maneuver the rope over to him so he could grab it. However, it was a difficult task for the speed of the rapids pretty much made that impossible. There wasn't much else she could do but continue to hold the rope and hope for the best.

"John, grab the rope!" she called out, afraid for the two of them but tried to stay calm.

The hawk above them continued to watch in interest the proceedings below, while the black-robed figure from before was steadily approaching, leaving a dead, withered bear corpse in its wake.

IcarusDescension

Liri sputtered as water splashed her from John's dunk in the river. Once again she reached out on reflex, grabbing for John's clothing. "Don't worry!" she cried as she felt her hand grip cloth. "I've got-"

Then suddenly there was no boat underneath her. She cried out in shock as cold water assaulted her body, then sputtered and coughed some more as her cry had caused her to gulp some water. Looking behind her she quickly realized what had happened.

The boat had ricocheted off a mostly submerged rock, dumping its remaining occupant as it turned on its side. Liri and John were almost immediately pulled away from it as their trajectory was altered by the rope and Obsidian's stationary endpoint. The boat meanwhile continued with the motion of the currents.

The good news was that as the water pushed them downstream Obsidian's hold on the other end would mean that they were actually moving in a half-circle towards the shore and might almost wash up on it downstream from her, assuming they didn't get pulled under by any rapids along the way.

The bad news, as Liri saw it, was that she suddenly found herself holding onto the rope with her left hand and John with her right. Both her arms were now extended and she felt like a half-drowned human scarecrow.

"Did I mention I'm the one who can't swim?!" she protested to no one in particular before sputtering and coughing some more.

Meanwhile the hawk continued to circle, the humans below it oblivious to its sudden concern. At first it had been more than happy to let the river do its work. After the foolish humans had drowned themselves, it would simply go fish out the medallion and be on its way without so much as a fight.

Then the elf had come back. After considering what to do about this new wrinkle, it had decided that the logical thing was to simply change shape and attack the elf while the other two could not come to her aid and still let the humans drown in the river. It was about to do it too, then it noticed something...

A dark shape moving through the trees. Like the medallion it had a powerful aura of magic - but it was the nature of that aura which ruffled the hawk's feathers. Evil. It was the unmistakable stench of dark and powerful magics, and the shapeshifter knew it could mean only one thing:

So'Kor's servants had caught wind of the medallion. For all its efforts it had been too slow and its worst nightmare had now come to pass. Whatever happened next, it was absolutely *essential* that the cloaked figure not get its hands on the medallion. Better even that the elf got away with the blasted thing than So'Kor obtain it. For if that happened than it would be out of the reach of the shapeshifter forever. At least as long as the humans had it there was hope it could track them down again and retrieve it later...

It's hawk's features would have been screwed up in a distasteful grimace had they been capable of the expression as it flew low over the elf and screeched a warning before flying back up into the sky again and diving towards the cloaked figure from the back - raking its talons across the creature's head. It would have to be careful it knew - very careful - and fast.

As the shapeshifter had hoped, the creature stopped its approach to deal with the new attack. The hawk quickly flew into the cover of trees before its adversary could react with its dark magics. It flew in a silent circle around where it knew its target should be and then came in from a different direction - hoping that if it was fast enough and continued to use the woods for cover it could distract the creature for at least a bit longer.

It was a dangerous game. One wrong move and it would end up dying in place of the elf. Inwardly it made itself a promise that when at last it did get its hands on the medallion that the cursed elf and the humans besides would all die a slow and painful death at its hands for this...

Ethereal-Star

The moon elf started to pull in the rope now that Liri and John had a hold of it-hoping to get them back to the grassy ground on her side of the river. As Obsidian carefully began the process of reeling in the thick 50-foot rope, her elven ears caught the unmistakable sound of a large bird's wings flying overhead. She turned just in time to see a large black hawk right above her and in startled surprise, she very nearly let go of the rope. Fortunately for all of them, she managed to keep her grip and tightened her hold even more now so nothing of the sort could happen.

The bird screeched at her and then flew away and Obsidian wondered why it didn't outright attack her. She was grateful that it didn't for whatever the reason, although a feeling of foreboding was starting to etch its way into her stomach as she remembered the black-robed figure that had delayed her prior to this. The lunar mage didn't know if the shapeshifter and this mysterious evil figure were in league with each other or not. If they were, their problems would only increase to double what they were now.

Right now, she had to concentrate on rescuing her companions from the river...

Osgald was lost. Like, really lost. Having passed the same grove of trees for the umpteenth time now, he clenched his teeth and fists at his sides and pondered what else to do. His employer hadn't come here to check on him or help him out any, and Osgald feared he had angered him somehow. That maybe the shapeshifter decided to take matters into its own hands, leaving Osgald to wander aimlessly in the seemingly never-ending forest. He sincerely hoped this was not the case though.

Sitting down on a large rock, he put his head in his hands and tried to think of what to do. It was now more than ever before that Osgald wished he had some means of communicating from afar with his mysterious employer, but it seemed that the shapeshifter deemed it not important enough to give him that honor. His employer only showed up when it was convenient for it, and not Osgald.

Looking up at the sky and seeing it was light out made him realize just how long he had spent wandering around in circles and even more so, just how utterly exhausted he was. He felt he could collapse and sleep right there on this rock, and with that thought, his eyes began to flutter closed...

visualspice

John was holding on for what it was worth, and immediately saw how his hold on Liri was nearly tearing the boy in half.
"We're not gonna make it like this! I'm too heavy!" He sputtered through the water. "Now it might seem foolish but just trust me alright? Cause I'm gonna let go! You just stick with Obsidian, okay? I'll be alright. Remember, I'm the one who can swim!" And before he could be stopped, he let go.