Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Cult and the Curse [Spice!]

Started by Vyraena, December 15, 2014, 11:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyraena

The city of C'thiria was large and brilliant. If one were to look at it from the outside, it would seem as if it was the capital of a thriving nation. However, its true purpose was much darker. C'thiria was home to the Adherents of the Old Gods, a cult that worshiped the ancient and forbidden gods from a time before Serendipity's new major religion came into being. In the general part of the city, you would never be able to tell. However, the center district of the city was dedicated to C'thir, King of the Old Gods, and in each of the four corners there was a district dedicated to one of the other four Old Gods. In the northeast district of the city, Az'gorr's temple, shrine, and altar existed within the District of Death. It was at this altar where the High Prophet of Az'gorr was currently ready to work his necromancy.

When the Acolytes had brought Aezir a golden sarcophagus, his eyes lit up with excitement. The High Prophet's fascination with death bordered almost on madness. He wanted to examine everything about the body that would be found inside. He would search to determine the cause of death, how long they have been dead, and who they were in life. After he got his answers, and of course just admired the corpse for a while, he would then attempt to reanimate them. If he liked the product of his reanimation, it would be kept and used to serve the necromancers of Az'gorr. However, if he didn't, it would be sacrificed as a gift to his God.

After thoroughly examining the body contained within, Aezir had his Acolytes place the sarcophagus on top of the altar. He prepared to reanimate the body, and had just started casting his reanimation spell when something started changing. The body inside was recomposing, as if it were becoming alive! Through no work of his own, mind you! He stopped the ritual and approached the altar, looking down at what appeared to have been a very attractive woman in life. The corpse, if he could call it that anymore, began to breathe, and her eyes flew open.

Most people would have been mortified if this had happened in front of them, but the smile on Aezir's face couldn't possible have been any bigger. He was captivated by the process happening in front of him. It was what appeared to be natural reanimation! He stood there, silently, waiting to see what would happen next.

visualspice

It started as a tickle in the pit of her belly, always making her laugh, which was deceiving since this tickle happened each time she began to decompose.  Decomposing was peculiar that way because her insides would wriggle and squirm, then pucker and cave in on themselves as organs ran dry.  Her skin would turn white, much to her chagrin, as she loved the normal golden tan color of her sun kissed skin. Then it would harden like leather and became grey.  Eventually the skin would become brittle and crack and crumble off her bones as dust.  Bones was what she always resorted to in the end, as heart beats and blood would fade. All that would be left were her soft brown eyes, and even those would deflate of life, decay and sink into nothing but two hollowed black pits inside her skull. And it was always after that her body returned back to its unanimated form of rest.

Recomposing was just as ghastly as decomposing, as it was always unimaginably strange each time it happened.  Imagine your innards as deflated, nonexistent balloons that suddenly receive a blow of oxygen.  They would prickle with life, stretch and grow and groan and crack as the lady would bloom into the former Essyrni beauty she had once been. Where ragged, dust hardened hair once lay withered on her head, it would turn almost liquid with it's shiny black ringlets of curls while the rest of her body glowed with a richness and vibrancy of life.  It was one of these such occasions that she found herself: recomposed.

Gasping, she sprung up in her sarcophagus, lungs burning with the renewed energies of life. But her eyes were going buggered, wide like a fish, mouth gaping so terribly wide that it hurt.  Choking on the very real air she was suddenly able to breath, the woman began to cough out the bug that had been trying to nibble away at the former decaying remains inside her throat.
Recomposing was always so jarring, and the poor young woman heaved forward as she gave a dry wretch, curly bunches of rich black hair falling over her bare shoulders.  Then she shivered, lips trembled as she brought the back of her wrist to her mouth and sighed.  Shivering again, she peered down at her body and gave a start as nasty wrappings, dry, crunchy and crumbling with decay, began to shed away from her body like dry leaves, exposing her in partial nudity.  This was always the first thing that jolted her, (after the initial shock and intake of blood and air, naturally!), as she hugged a hand across her chest and began to look around, body heaving with breathe as she began to study the figures around her in the dimness of the room.  Normally, a sense of recognition would wash over her and she would remember her story all too clearly.  Something had happened. She had died, and here she was, alive from the grave, somehow doing the same process all over again! Only this time, the familiarity of the room was not there, and an alienated coldness washed over her.

Trembling, shivering, the young reborn mummy woman lifted her head, though one could suppose the mummy was no longer there, as she was hardly dead looking, as brown eyes studied this strange world that held a group of unknown men with blue caps upon their heads- or at least that's what she thought she saw. Yes, by now she should have been reclaiming the fragmented memories, piece by piece, the story of her tomb, her things and- It was then she gave a start. Her things! Where on earth had they gone?  Turning away from where she sat she began to panic, the newly reborn heart inside her chest beating rapidly as she began to look around.

"Where... where am I?" Is what she meant to say, in common- but it was hard to forget old habits, for her words came out in Ancient Essyrni instead, as large eyes sparkled with insecurity, confusion and fear, while her body, evidently cold as she hugged onto herself, trembled.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vyraena

Aezir was still fascinated by the process occurring in front of him when the corpse... er, rather lady, now... had begun to speak. In any case, it was in a language with which he was unfamiliar, so he ignored it.

He was wearing the black, hooded cape that was typical of a Prophet of Az'gorr, and as this woman was coming back to life a wind blew through altar and caused it to flow behind him in an almost regal manner. Underneath the hood, he was wearing a skull mask, which was also typical of the Prophets. He knew this might be intimidating to look upon, but that's how he liked it. It drove home the message... he was an agent of Death.

"You may all leave!" He said to the Acolytes that had helped him prepare the ritual. When they had gone, he turned back to the woman in the sarcophagus. "That was quite the spectacle to behold, miss."

visualspice

Flinching at the commanding tone in his voice, she continued attempting to keep her body modest, dark eyes looking around still. Yes.. this definitely wasn't her 'home', her things were gone, her scrolls... all of her work...

Panic set in, not due to the mask- for she hadn't even noticed that detail just yet!- but because those scrolls of hers contained thousands of years of work of her trying to figure out a way to break her own curse. It was only then her eyes began to tear up as she turned to the man.

"My things! Where are my things?" At least this time she remembered to ask in common.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vyraena

"Ah, the scrolls, correct? My Acolytes were analyzing them back in the Temple. I could send for them, if you would like."

Without waiting for her to respond, bones began to swirl around the ground, and after a few seconds a skeletal knight had been animated in front of them. "Retrieve this lady's things from the Temple. If any Acolyte isn't compliant, bring them to deal with me."

Before the skeleton left, Aezir turned to the woman once more. "I'm sure you must be cold. I'm afraid all I can offer is the clothing we have for the Acolytes, however."

visualspice

The woman wanted to say something, but whatever words were at the tip of her tongue just weren't there. So she found herself staring, mouth gaping much like a fish, before she blinked multiple times and came back to her senses.

"So my things... you.. you have it all?"
There were more than just scrolls she had there, after all! Those canopic jars were precious to her! Not to mention all of her supplies... and clothes.

It was then she realized he had asked about her dress, and her eyes dropped down as she gasped, covering herself and lowering down a bit into her coffin.
"I suppose it's a bit chilly in here. One never really gets used to it." And she gave a nervous tucking back of her hair behind her ears as she began to look around.

Vyraena

"The only thing of interest to me was the scrolls, so naturally that was all I paid attention to. I will make sure he retrieves everything that was found along with your sarcophagus." Aezir replied, and motioned for the skeleton to leave. The skeleton headed to the Temple, the only noises it made being the clanking of bone against bone.

"Should he find any clothing of yours, you are free to wear that. However, you will get odd looks from the Acolytes, and many will be suspicious of you. I highly advise you wear the Acolyte clothing."

visualspice

She couldn't help but stare at the skeleton as he simply walked away. What a wonder! Too bad she had no such powers when she turned into a skeleton- and that brought her back to another thought.

"Oh, err... I do have another request. Er, question really.." she went on, nervously pulling at some of the curls of her hair. "You say they'd be suspicious.... What exactly of? And... what... if I might inquire... did you er... exactly see here?" She still wasn't sure if her 'curse' was exposed, but if they saw everything well...
She'd have a lot to explain!
And there would be very good reasons for suspicion.

"Oh, and forgive me but... where am I? Specifically, I mean."

Vyraena

Aezir paced around the room. "You see, we don't typically allow outsiders in our city. When you were still a corpse, it would have been fine... but now that you at least appear human, others wouldn't take too kindly to it."

He turned to face her and stopped his pacing. "Your revival process was quite fascinating to behold." Ignoring her question about where she was, Aezir waited for her next comments.

visualspice

The woman blinked a few times to digest his inquiries, but giving a curious tilt of her head and a pout,s he found herself asking, "So you.... saw me, come back to life?"
Oh by the Gods, this was not good! How would she explain?

Vyraena

"Indeed. It was quite the spectacle." Aezir said. "Up until now, I believed reanimation was only a process that Necromancers could perform. However, yours seemed to occur naturally."

visualspice

"Oh, it's not necromancy." And then she realized that might not have been the best thing to blurt out! She hardly knew this man and well.... Judging by this place and the fact he seemed unphased by dead and raising the dead....

"Er... did you... try to... bring me back? Like you did to that gentleman skeleton earlier?"

Vyraena

"Should you not have reanimated by yourself, that would have been the goal, yes." Aezir said dryly. "I suppose I should properly introduce myself. My name is Aezir, High Prophet to Az'gorr. I'm also a master necromancer."

visualspice

The woman blinked at the diety.
"Az'gorr.... Az'gorr still has worshipers?" she found herself asking.

Vyraena

"A few." Aezir said, readjusting his hood. As he pushed it back, the mask became more visible, and most of the skull was exposed. "A God never truly dies, after all."

visualspice

And that's when the woman simply stared, with that same open mouth expression as before. She wasn't sure how she hadn't noticed that HE was a skeleton before, but oh my! What an... interesting turn of events!

Vyraena

Noticing her expression, Aezir removed the mask and placed it on a table beside him. "I appologize for that... it's mostly for formalities."

Behind the mask was the face of a handsome man with dark hair and red eyes. He now pushed his hood off completely. As he was doing this, the skeletal knight returned and placed the woman's things, including clothing, several scrolls and a few jars, in the sarcophagus with her. "Your services are no longer required." Aezir said, and with a wave of his hand the skeleton returned to a lifeless state, bones dropping to the floor.

visualspice

And the woman found herself staring once more when his mask was removed. To say it was jarring to see such a contrast was an understatement, but when the bones returned to bones, she grimaced and was brought out of her short state of shock.
She was just glad HEr bones weren't so easily discarded, or lifted and raised to be at one's command. Though she had to wonder, and her heart fluttered with worry- had her reanimation not taken place when it did...

Would she had become a simple slave in her mummy form- much like the skeleton knight had? Peering over at Aezir, she moved a hand to tuck back some more hair from her face, then dropped her gaze to her things. Seeing her outfit, she snatched it up quickly and held it over her breasts.

"Could.. could I have some privacy, please. In order to change."

Vyraena

"So be it. The Temple awaits just beyond this opening here." Aezir said as he motioned to the left, where two large pillars were supporting an entrance of some sort. "When you are ready, you will find me waiting in there."

visualspice

She gave a nod, peering over quickly to the temple, then back to him. She chewed on her lip, waiting for him to go- as it was only proper. Despite being ancient Essyrni, she was not about to go around without any clothing. She supposed those some few thousands of years she'd been alive, the more prudent sections of the world rubbed off on her-
That, and she had always valued her body as something she'd give to her husband someday. Seems like that someday just never was meant to happen-
After all, she was kind of... well, mostly- dead? Or rather.. some of the time she was!

Once the man was completely gone from view, it was only then did she slip into her dress-
which was a more modern Essyrni garb- a black, layered lacy robe style dress that hugged up at her hips and opened just slightly in the front to reveal the subtlest of cleavage. But that dress hugged her in all of the right places, and if in just the right light and angle- one might be able to see parts of her that were hidden behind those dual layers of black lace.

Smoothing down the dress, and fussing over her hair, she continued to pick through her things, even beginning to scoop up her scrolls in hopes she could carry them. Thankfully, the bag she had been using was brought back to her, so she began to shove her scrolls inside with haste, and also- to see her canopic jars brought her great relief! She checked each one to make sure they were intact, but upon seeing one was missing-
She felt herself pail.

The one that had held her scarab soul was gone! The tiny, mummified bug represented quite a lot to her- and still believing in the old ways, she felt herself nearly in tears. Quickly stuffing in the rest of her things into her bag, she dashed off to the temple and nearly ran into Aezir before she came to a halt.

It was evident she was panicked, and she was breathing hard, chest heaving as she swallowed to quench her parched throat.

"One.. one of my things.. It's.. it's MISSING!" And she thrust out the arm that held the jar with the missing bug. "Inside this... there was a scarab. He was... he was in wraps.. like me. Like how you had found me. DId you take him?" And her eyes were desperate, and pleading with him. Oh! She could only hope he had taken it and had done no harm to him! That's all she would need... her very own soul protector lost to her! She was cursed enough already!