Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Cult and the Curse [Spice!]

Started by Vyraena, December 15, 2014, 11:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyraena

"As I had said before, the only things of yours that held any interest of mine were the scrolls. Your jars were left with the Acolytes to examine, I would assume that one of them would have it." He looked at her with a look that both conveyed his authority, as well as a glimmer of interest. It was clear to see that Aezir saw something in this woman more than a mere corpse.

With another wave of his hand, the skeleton from before reanimated and walked into the Temple. "This woman is missing one of her belongings. Bring me whichever Acolyte has it." He said with a commanding tone in his voice. The skeleton looked at the woman and offered what seemed to be some sort of low, guttural growl, then proceeded to leave the Temple once more. Once he had gone, Aezir directed his attention back to the woman.

"I do apologize. Sometimes, things like this do happen, and the perpetrator will be taken care of accordingly."

visualspice

The woman would have wrung her hands if she could- but they were currently full with her things. But she nodded, and released a sigh as it helped quell at least some of her anxiety.
"Thank you," she told him softly. And then after a moment, she realized-
"Oh! Where are my manners. I am Lady A-" And she paused, hesitating to use her true name, and decided to go with the one she most currently used now. "Lady Averella." And she gave a nod.
"Thank you for all of your help. I must say I was quite worried. Normally I do not wake up in these well... circumstances." She said, giving a nervous giggle as she talked.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vyraena

"A pleasure, m'lady." Aezir began. He would have continued, but she had just thrown him an interesting piece of information that he had not expected. "Normally, you say? As in, you have reanimated more than once?"

visualspice

It was only then she realized her folly- and remained staring at the man rather wide eyed for a moment before she was able to think of what to say!
"Yes.. er.... um.. a few times before,"s he fibbed.
It was more like a few thousand times before! But she kept her eyes dropped. It was easier for her to 'lie' that way. She was such a horrible liar!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vyraena

"Interesting. Is it always the same, then?" Aezir said to the woman. "Of course, I understand if you would not like to talk about it. For most, death is a topic that they tend to avoid. I find it fascinating, however."

visualspice

And as it was before, and it was here again, she found herself staring at him, scrambling internally for the right words.
"Err.. it's just... complicated,"s he went on, readjusting all of her things that she held, which were beginning to weigh on her, making her arms ache. She chewed on her lips nervously and looked around the temple, seeing a lot of bones.

"So... this is your temple?" she inquired, wondering if he was the head priest here.

Vyraena

"I suppose you could say that. In reality, this is a Temple of Az'gorr. I'm just the High Prophet." Aezir explained. "You see, Az'gorr speaks through me. I hear his voice, and convey it to the other followers." He knew she was trying to change the topic, but he was fine with that. In fact, he was confident he would get more information out of her later.

visualspice

She blinked.
"Az'gorr really speaks to you?" Interesting. As much as she tried to talk to her own Gods, none of them ever answered back.

Vyraena

"Indeed. I am his connection to this world, a world in which he was once exalted and now shunned." Aezir answered.

visualspice

"Oh..." Averella went on with a blink. "That's a pity. Though seems most old Gods have suffered that fate."

Vyraena

At that time, the skeleton had just returned with an Acolyte, who appeared to be holding Averella's scarab. He walked over to her silently and handed it to her, then turned to Aezir. A look of fear was on his face.

"We'll discuss this later. It's not a matter to be talked about in front of our guest. You are dismissed." Aezir said to the Acolyte, who bowed his head and ran out of the room as soon as Aezir had finished speaking. Once again, Aezir waved his hand and the skeletal knight turned back to lifeless bones. "I trust it is in the same condition which you left it?" Aezir said, addressing Averella.

visualspice

It took a moment for her to refind herself as her eyes dropped down to the little, mummified scarab in her hand. She delicately inspected it, but when she noticed something odd, she lifted her gaze and asked, "Did they open this?"

Vyraena

"I couldn't tell you. Does something seem out of place?" Aezir said to the woman. "If so, please, let me know. Acolytes are... disposable... to say the least." Aezir smirked at his own comment. It was quite clear that he had no concern for his disciples.

visualspice

She continued to hold the delicate little wrapped scarab in her palm as she peered up at him with a pouty frown.
"Well.... to be honest, I can't even check to see if there is. A jewel was implanted within this scarab before he was mummified and well.... it seems as if it might be missing- but the curse will only be worse if I-"

And realizing she already was giving more away, she suddenly snapped her mouth shut and blushed.
"That is to say, er... such a thing could er.. curse... a person..."

Yeah... not the best cover up lines, but she was beyond nervous and also- not much good on lying!

Vyraena

The way this woman tried to lie was cute in a way. She gave it away so obviously with her facial expressions, and her voice trembled a bit when she spoke. However, Aezir didn't want to put too much pressure on his guest. He was fascinated with her and her revival process, and didn't want to lose out on an opportunity to discover more. Acting as if he hadn't noticed, Aezir shrugged his shoulders. "Well, if there's anything I can do that would make you feel at ease, just let me know."

visualspice

The woman gave a thoughtful expression, eyes going to the ceiling before she looked over at him.
"I suppose letting me know where I am and how you came about my things might be a nice place to start. I'm still pretty jarred having awoken here."

Vyraena

Once again avoided the question of where she was, Aezir opted to answer her second question first. "Well, my disciples are spread all over the world, searching for lost artifacts of our gods. On their search, they came across a golden sarcophagus, and since the majority of us are necromancers, or at least have some affinity for necromancy, it was of great interest to us. They brought your sarcophagus back here, and now here you are."

visualspice

She gave a nod, frowning a bit before pressing, "And where is here exactly?"

Vyraena

The question could not be avoided forever, and Aezir finally gave her an answer. "This is the hidden city of C'thiria, in the Wester Highlands of Serendipity, just outside the Terrin Mountains." He said to the woman, smiling as he talked.

"Of course, when our Gods were denounced, we found ourselves being persecuted. Most Serenians wanted to destroy our religion completely, so that our Gods would never be brought back to power. During this time, our organization constructed this city, named after C'thir, and hid it with an ancient magic. From the outside, only those who truly believe in the old ways can see the city."

visualspice

It took a moment for the lady to digest all of this as she blinked with wide eyes and looked at him.
"So if I were not to have believed in the old ways... what would I have found when I awoke?"
Such a curious thing! And definitely an interesting sort of magic! And, despite her not realizing it was cult like, it was refreshing to see such resilience for the old ways!