Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Cult and the Curse [Spice!]

Started by Vyraena, December 15, 2014, 11:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyraena

"I need you to help me figure this out, Averella. Is there anything in your belongings which might help? Any scrolls, or anything at all?"

Aezir was about to wait for her answer, then realized he may worry her about her belongings now that he had brought them up.

"As of right now, they're still in the bag I had lent you, as you left them. No one has touched them."

visualspice

He was right to suspect she'd fear for her scrolls, but even after the suggestion, and the information that they had not been touched, she still didn't know what to say, even as her spirit lingered.

This was definitely quite the predicament!

"How... how bad does my wound look?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vyraena

"It would have been fatal for anyone. Your stomach was completely pierced, and the bone had gone completely through your body."

The sparkling light that appeared when Aezir talked was now growing brighter and seemingly closer as he spoke.

visualspice

Right through the stomach. She recalled the events with a shudder- or a feeling as such.
"It was fatal," she murmured. "It wasn't my time to die yet." Yet here she was....

"Is.. is there anything... unusual about my wound or body?"
Perhaps that could give her some sort of clue. What sort of clue?S he knew not.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vyraena

"Rather than blood, sand came out of the wound. I'm not sure if that means anything to you, but it is certainly unusual for me."

Aezir tried to recall if there was anything else that seemed out of place, but he couldn't think of anything.

visualspice

"Ah..." The sound wasn't one of confusion, more of a 'oh, THAT detail' sorta sound.
"Yes... to most people, it is. But ever since my.... unfortunate transformation, I've... well, I've never bled since."

Vyraena

"I see. We're in quite the predicament here, Averella. We really are."

On top of trying to find out what would happen to Averella now, Aezir still had to make his journey to Essryn. Az'gorr favored his High Prophet over his other followers, but even so, it was best not to keep the God of Death waiting.

visualspice

"Well, I suppose, if you don't mind, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. As long as my body remains.. undisturbed, perhaps, as you suggested, I will start my death cycle later and it will reset... whatever this is that I've made go askew."

Vyraena

"And if it doesn't?"

He didn't want to worry her, but it was a possibility.

"How long until we know for sure?"

visualspice

Averella kept quiet.
"If it doesn't work after two months...... at the most, I.... I don't know."

Vyraena

This time when Aezir spoke, the light that had been appearing when he talked grew dimmer, until it was just barely shining.

"I can't spend much more time in the realm of the dead right now, Averella. I have business to attend to. Is there anything else you need to tell me before I go? Anything important?"

visualspice

Panicked, she didn't know what to say at first, except, "Just take care of.my body...and my things."

Vyraena

Aezir already had brought the coffin and her belongings to his own personal chamber in the temple, so that none of the acolytes would bother with it, so he wasn't too concerned with that request.

"Of course. If you need me ever, just call out into the void. I'll try my best to be here."

visualspice

Ooc: hope you don't mind the time jump!

It had been just over a month before her skin began to change, rotting away and turning leathery hard, while mummified wraps replaced her clothing and petrified locks, her hair. It had also been quite the silent time, for as the decomposition began and went into its final stages until nothing was recognizable of the lady anymore. And it would be another month or so more before her corpse reanimated, her leathery skin inflating, softening as its glow returned . And silken locks replaced gnarled , tattered hair and soon her bright green eyed opened again. And as soon as they did...

She screamed.

Vyraena

Aezir ran into the room when he heard the scream, but when he looked around briefly everything seemed to be normal. The coffin was out of sight from the entrance, and it didn't occur to him to check it until he turned to leave. Immediately, Aezir turned again and began to walk in the direction of the coffin.

visualspice

The coffin had been closed, and the darkness, stifling. To awaken to such a place, after being in more or less her own version of purgatory frightened her as she remained still as stone, and breathing heavy.

Vyraena

Aezir had his guardian open the coffin while he was walking over, since it was already guarding the coffin, as it had been while Averella was more or less dead. The skeleton removed the lid of the coffin and looked down at Averella, growling as it did.

visualspice

And waking up to the sight of a skeleton elicited a second scream.

Vyraena

A few seconds passed before the skeleton moved and Aezir stood in its place. "Welcome back. How was death?"

visualspice

She could have fainted, or screamed..
Or both. But to see Aezir standing there was a relief. At least he was a figure she recognized. But at his question, she groaned.

"Help me get out of this sarcophagus and I'll tell you." For she looked quite pale, and about to be ill.