Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hearts of the Scorned

Started by Jounin64, May 16, 2015, 06:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

(Yeah it  does. XD Still I'm really sorry I should've asked before doing that)

Calex suddenly wakes up in a bed with unfamiliar surroundings. He slowly gets ups. "Ugh what happened?" Calex thinks while rubbing the back of his neck. He suddenly becomes aware that Valeska is no wear around and a whore is laying next to him.

Calex looks at he whore lustfully, but suddenly snaps out of it upon remembering his predicament and sarcastically thanked Mazarath in a hushed whisper for that. He then looks at the whore. "Don't say or do anything ok? I'm leaving here now and just tell your boss I woke up and you did your work...and also tell them I was passed out from drinking to much."

The whore only nodded in astonishment as Calex escaped through the window. "Great...she's gone...I knew I shouldn't have trusted her...but I will find here I swear it." Calex mutters.

"Mortal our attackers recognized her right away she must have a high bounty on her...perhaps we could pose as a sell sword in search of her." Mazarath suggests in an usually hushed tone.

"You're right I'll go to the closest pub and start there." Calex whispers looking straight ahead. They enter the pub and Calex booms loud enough for the whole place to here him. "Alright does any of you know the whereabouts of Valeska Horst! You see I am hired by a very important client and anyone who helps me on my search will be greatly rewarded!"

(I don't know if you were planning on controlling the NPC if so sorry :c)

visualspice

OOC: No worries, you're fine :D
and npcs are fair game! If I decide I want to claim an npc, I'll let you know in advanced lol

ANd everyone in the pub turned to look at the man in silence. But just as quickly, they all turned away from him and went back to their conversations and drink.

OOC: Sorry for the short post, but I figured we can't make it that easy on him :D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Jounin64

(Haha true very true XD)

"Dirty humans! They aren't worth our time! I can't believe I used to think nothing is wrong with this world!" Calex spits out venomously to himself. Calex storms out of the pub only to be stopped by a muscled woman in the same attire as the ones from the camp.

"Where do you think you're going kid?" The woman says baring a menacing grin.

"Away from you." Calex responds pushing past her only to be caught by the arm.

"Those are some big words for someone so young." The woman's grip gets tighter. "I don't think you should speak to your elders that way." She knees Calex where his genitals should be and the attack hardly effects him. Calex grins at her. "Guess that's the only perk to being a eunuch." Calex chuckles

Her failure only seems to anger her more and she throws Calex to the ground. Before he could get up her boot was firmly placed on his stomach and she starts to apply pressure.

"This is what you get for attacking the Soot Wolves!" She yells.

"Mazarath I could use some help here." Calex manages to gasp out.

"Fool, we are in a public area."

"Then atleast enough to burn her." Calex grasps her ankle hoping Mazarath would follow through and the sudden yelp and lack of pressure told him that he did. Calex quickly scurries away from the woman and finds himself residing in an alleyway.   

visualspice

Perhaps she should have gotten the hell away from there, but this city? It was more or less her home, even if she was a wanted criminal among her former gang and the city guards. But that did not mean she couldn't keep her eye on the Soot Wolves, seeing what the pups were up to and trying to get any secrets out of them that might give her a lead to get a jump on Rufus.

However, the scene that soon took place was more amusing than it ought to have been, as Valeska remained perched on the roof, smirking, as she watched Calex's struggle below.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Jounin64

Calex slumps against a wall still gasping for air. "I really wish Valeska was there then...I bet she could teach me how to fight." A relieved smile spreads across his face. "Yeah that's what I'll do when I find her. I bet she'll be a great instructor." A loud grumble interrupts Calex.

"Mortal it is feasting time again!" Mazarath commands.

"Yeah, yeah I know just let me get...ouch" Calex tried to get up only to find himself back down wincing in pain. "Ugh I think I pulled at least 20 muscles and maybe even broke some bones...looks like our death really was inevitable."

"Fool! Fight the pain! We cannot let this kill us! We are stronger than that!" Mazarath desperately yells.

"There's nothing we can do now except hope for a helping hand."

visualspice

Her laughter rang in an echoing chain throughout the alleyway Calex was perched. She couldn't help herself, this show was so...

"That was the single most pathetic way I have ever witnessed, or heard, someone groveling for help." And the smile she wore from where she remained, legs crossed, on the edge of the roof top, was positively wicked.

Jounin64

"Valeska! I knew you'd come back! I was half expecting another storm entrance. Calex beams and chuckles at his last comment. "So could you help Mazarath and I we still need to heal up and eat.  Oh and can you teach me to fight? I was attacked by a member of a group called the Soot Wolves. I guess when I killed some of them in the forest they really did put a target on my head...So I think I found my meaning to life I will spend it riding this world of that vile group until there's nothing left of them! Ouch!"

Calex winces back down in pain."But before I do that I got to heal."

visualspice

And still, she laughed before jumping down from the rooftop into a crouch.
Rising, she stared at him, her eyes shining wtih mirth.
"Farm boy, you're better off tending to fields than dealing with men. So you've got some enchanted powers, big deal. But I don't see you having any brains on how to really use it."
And with that, she simply began to walk away.

Jounin64

"No!" Calex gains a rush of adrenaline letting him temporarily ignore the pain as he gets up and rushes in front of her with his arms spread. "I can't go back to farming I have nowhere to go. Here is my home now. I will find a way to pay for a home, I will learn the ins and outs of the city, and I will rid this place of the Soot Wolves!" Calex solemnly tilts his head down let his hair hang over his face.

"Back when we entered the city I don't quite know what happened, but I think I truly became one with Mazarath if I can learn to fuse minds with him at will I could become a force that people will fear...I hate that people just see me as some backwater small fry...you were the only person to even give me a small chance."

His adrenaline rush subsides and he collapses at her feet. "Please I can tell people fear you around here...you don't have to join me, but at least teach me. You are a strong, intelligent, beautiful woman and I would be honored to learn from you."   

visualspice

Valeska tensed. Sure, she had seen groveling before, but perhaps none as pathetic as this. She had to wonder if people were staring, good thing they were tucked away in a back alley.
"Get off your feet,"s he hissed. "If you want to be anything of value, you sure as hell need to start acting like it. And as for the compliment.... you should be careful who you trust. People here.. they fear me for a reason."

Jounin64

The pain now starting the ebb away Calex stands up. "Yes ma'am! I will do all I can to prove my worth! Also I have my priorities straight now I trust you and no one else. The rest of them are just dirty lying humans and you're right no one will take me seriously if I grovel all the time...It's a disgrace to my demon blood."

He shows the black veins in his wrist to her. "See? It was Mazarath's, but it's now apart of me too. Oh and do you have a place here? I kinda humiliated myself at the pub and I'm starving." 

visualspice

He was really like a puppy dog. And despite her not being a fan of such persons, she was in, at least, a better mood this day. So perhaps he was lucky.

"That pub used to be one of my favorites,"s he pointed out, not agreeing nor turning him away as she began to walk away. "Well, back when I as a Soot Wolf."

Jounin64

Calex followed eyes wide. "What?! That's actually great news...I mean if you ended on bad terms because you know their system and they must hate you so you have just as much if not more incentive to kill them too!" Calex gains a uncharacteristically malicious grin.

"When we kill the Soot Wolves' leader we should make it slow like I set a fire to their stomach and you douse it and each time the flame gets bigger and hotter!"

visualspice

Valeska couldn't help but grin at such an idea. Any harm that was due to Rufus would naturally make her happy. A scorned lover was never something to reckon with. However, she still saw this green around the gills mage as just that- fresh meat and too innocent for his own good.

She slowed her walk to eye him from over her shoulder.

"I've got many reasons to be at war with the Wolves." She looked him over. "What's really the reason you seem so adamant to have them eradicated?"

Jounin64

"That's simple, an eye for an eye. I attacked them for food, then they assaulted me for revenge. They seem like a big organization so I'll always have a target on me. I'm sick of running away from my problems so the only way I can solve this one is to kill them all."

Calex then beams a big grin. "Plus Mazarath always has more fun when there's a mass group of people to kill."

visualspice

An eye for an eye? She supposed any revenge scenario could be broiled down to this simple statement, but she knew her revenge was a lot more complicated than that. After all, she had been rather close to Rufus... and he might have been one of the few men that had seen her so vulnerable.

"Well, your plan isn't entirely insane, but most others would turn tail and run."

Jounin64

"Well I'm not like most others. I lost my manhood a few months till I was officially a man and I thought that meant somethin like a message from the gods that I don't deserve anything I was born with, but now I know it only means I can restart my life. I've learned a lot from my short time with you."

Calex stomach growls more ravenously. "So is where we're heading have food, I don't know how long until Mazarath does his feast time speech."

visualspice

"Oh? And is your master always so... demanding?" she asked, purposely ignoring the other question.

Jounin64

A glare quickly developes on Calex's face. "He's not my master! Two beings in one require more food so he starts making demands because we'll both die if we don't eat."

"Fool! I am your master! Everytime you get angry I get more powerful! I can already control half your body now!" Mazarath gloats as he controls Calex's other arm.

"W-what...no we will become one we are partners." Calex looks back to Valeska. "Sorry about that,in short terms yes my...partner is very demanding all the time."

visualspice

Valeska gave a cold laugh.
"I don't know.. perhaps you ought to leave this city. If you think I'm the only one that can help you, and I'm believing you're... crazy, it doesn't seem to have high hopes for you now does it?" she went on with a dark smirk.