Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hearts of the Scorned

Started by Jounin64, May 16, 2015, 06:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

Calex walks along river when their stomach starts growling.
"Mortal we must feast soon remember if I die so do you." Mazarath instructs.

"I know, I know, but I'm not a hunter and gatherer I'm a farmer, so we won't be able to eat until we reach a town." Calex bluntly replies.

"Fool! If necessary we must become scavengers, the carcasses or your kind included." Mazarath demands.

"Great...that will make people less afraid of us. They wouldn't understand anyways, so if worse comes to worse why not." Calex suddenly stops when they see a fire off in the distance "Hey Mazarath I think I found our food. Will you let me use your magic this time?"

"Fool! Why would I not let you use my magic to kill mortals and take their food."

"Why did I even ask..." Calex mutters as they sneak closer to the campfire. When Calex got a closer look they saw five figures dressed in rouge attire. They aim Mazarath at the closest one and a giant flame comes out engulfing the first victim. The other four suddenly turn around to see where the fire came from and tried to attack, only to be caught in the next blast of fire. Only one survived by jumping into the river to douse the flames.

"You have just made a big mistake! You will regret the day to attacked the Soot Wolves!" The Soot Wolf then fled. Calex shrugs at the threat and digs into their food supplies. 

visualspice

Chaos, delicious chaos. It was something she reveled in, craved. And these 'wolves' she had been hunting for nearly half the day. The men were none the wiser, and they spoke too much upon their drink around the campfire. It seemed they were hired out to hunt her.

She supposed she should be flattered that Rufus was thinking about her, but that only sent more poisonous hatred through her veins as her grin grew darker. But she bided her time, contemplating just the right way to maim and leave these men as carcasses for Rufus, as a gift.. of course, but then something most interesting happened.

She supposed she could have intervened, but Valeska was more fascinated than anything, as her eyes danced at the spectacle of fire, plundering and death. Seeing the attack was to simply rummage through the Soot Wolves camp, she had to frown. It seemed such a waste of time, and idly, she began to conjure up a storm, and felt the cool breeze rush through the river lands.

From her perch,s he did not stir, but simply watched through the branches of the tree. She wasn't sure yet what to make of this person, but anyone who went against Soot Wolves were alright in her book. But that didn't mean she couldn't play with them first. Afte rall, who knew if they could be fully trusted.

So she waited, calmly, quietly, like a cat watching mice in a field.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Jounin64

A storm starts rolling in, but Calex pays no attention to it. Mazarath however starts violently shaking as the water fell on them. "Mazarath you're not weak to normal rain are you?"

"Fool! Of course not! This rain is different, it's made of magic with a holy creation."

"Great...the gods really do hate us..." A loud clap of thunder vibrates through the air and the rain starts falling harder. "Damn it we're going to need to get shelter. Wait you said this magic's creation is holy which means this is just a regular spell...and with a spell comes a caster.

"Puny mortal! Show yourself to the all powerful Mazarath and their vessel!" Mazarath booms.

"I could have done that myself and be less hostile while saying it." Calex grumbles

visualspice

At their words, Valeska's eyes danced in response. What fool did they think they were dealing with? Though it would be fun to see exactly what this man was (a man that, from the distance she remained perched in the tree), he sounded like two men.

A grin still cut across her face as she remained, silent and observing, but a faint, distant flash of lightning was the only reply the pair would get.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Jounin64

"Great we only managed to piss this person off more...I told you we should've been less hostile," Calex complains.

"Quiet mortal! I will simply set the forest in flames until they reveal themselves." Mazarath gloats.

"How? The amount of flames to surpass all this rain will waste more energy then we gained. I'm going to deal with this my way." Calex goes down to their knees and raises their arms up in a sign of surrender.

"Fool! We are an all powerful being we do not surrender!" Mazarath demands.

"Just let me do my thing ok?" Calex looks away from Mazarath. "Please whoever is doing this stop. I am Calex Baronhart former farmer and current wanderer. I have lost everything, my family, my way of life, and even my gender. I am bound to a demonic being called Mazarath who keeps me alive and gives me powerful magic. We are in search of a purpose and if you can supply one for us we will be glad to aid you. Even if it means coldblooded murder."

visualspice

Oh this was rich, too rich. THe pretty little farm boy was on his knees in confession. Her eyes continued to dance at the prospect of what he proposed. Too good to be true, but she knew many men who were that much of fools.

"And if I refuse help from you and your... friend?" came her voice. She wasn't ready to reveal herself, but if they could follow her voice through the pouring rain, they'd see her leather clad figure perched in a tree on the outter ring of the make shift little camp site they had just ransacked.

Jounin64

(Using neutral pronouns is starting to get complicated now so I'll just use male when referring to one of them and neutral when referring to both of them.)

"Look there mortal. The voice has revealed herself." Mazarath controls Calex's hand as they stand up making them point at a leather clad figure in a tree. Calex looks at her with plead in his eyes.

"If you refuse then we will surely die. Don't worry we mean no harm to those who help. Mazarath only lets me use his magic when he feels like it, but if we did attack you it's still fire against water. As for me you don't have to worry about me doing anything perverse I'm well in simplest terms a full eunuch." Calex admits blushing   

visualspice

And at that confession, it had Valeska laughing. A soft applaud could be heard as the veil of rain began to subside. The rumble of thunder faded into a soft purr as a leather clad woman jumped down from the tree and landed in a graceful crouch.

Rising to her full height, they'd be able to see her wild blonde hair, the scars over her eyes, and the dark grin that consumed her lips.

"Even Eunuch's can have a little fun," she went on, her lips emphasizing each word. "You just have to be creative."
She eyed the man over, head to toe, but didn't fully approach him.

"So what's your story? I saw how you handled those men and I was... intrigued. So I watched."

Jounin64

Calex stands stiff as they see the woman. "Wow she's beautiful, though she's looks twice my age...but she did show interest in me...I think...I mean maybe not in a I like you way...but in a...wait she asked you a question. Stupid Calex answer before Mazarath does." Calex gets out of his state of thought.

"Well I was just a basic farmer in a small village in Ravensway and while exploring I found Mazarath who is a demonic symbiote so when I picked him up we fused as one and now I'm stuck with him forever. When I returned no one wanted anything to do with me so I left in a search for a way of life because I lost mine...As for the people I killed they were only obstacles in getting what I wanted. So Mazarath channeling his magic and allowed us to eat...don't let my meek demeanor fool you. I will kill if need be no matter who."

"If you give us mortals to kill we will happily lend our magic to you." Mazarath adds on.   

visualspice

Valeska kept her head titled, curiously listening to the man (or men?) speak. It was still hard to discern just what they were on about, but she'd seen and dealt with crazy men before. So she was not so easily disenchanted.

"I don't think I asked for an honest story, but you've got the farm boy look written all over you..." And she let her eyes roam over his form appreciatively. "Even if you seem to have lost some traits of being... a man."

Her eyes met back to his, and soon she was looking down at what he was calling Mazarath. Instead of answering or even responding to the idea of the offered help, she asked, "So... are you a slave to that thing on your arm?"

Jounin64

"Er kinda, Mazarath needs a vessel to live and now that we are one I need him to live so we are sort of slaves to eachother." Calex responds.

"Fool! You are my minion!"

"You only control my magic and right arm I don't think that means I am your minion!" Calex looks back up at the  women. "Um do you know where the closest village or town is? You don't have to take up our offer, but we still need more food...also I need more company than just Mazarath...He can get on my nerves a lot."

"Use that anger mortal! It just gives me power! Use it to make us the most powerful being!" Mazarath gloats.

"See what I mean..."

visualspice

Eyes dancing with mirth, she chuckled and dared to approach the pair. From what she could see, he was definitely crazy. And she was someone that could admire crazy.

"Do you honestly think its wise to go into a town? Nearest one is the major city... Arca." She looked the man over, head to toe, before looking at the thing he referred to as his possessor. Her eye then looked back up at him, as the pair were barely a foot or two away.

"So farm boy... you ever been to a big city? Are you sure you and your... little friend could even handle that?"

Jounin64

As she gets closer Calex's heart starts beating faster "N-no I haven't...I've never been to far away from my village, but it must be better than rotting out here right? I mean there are many opportunities in a big city and if anyone tries to attack or swindle me Mazarath can turn them to ash."

"I will not let my vessel be jailed! I will only allow you to kill them when we will not be caught!" Calex looks down at his feet at that response then back to the woman's eyes."

"Well you can protect us right? You seem like you know your way around the city and in return we can help you."

visualspice

"Protect you?" The laughter returned to her eye as she eyed the man over. She just couldn't stop smiling. "Look.. I don't make promises, and I don't make alliances, especially not after meeting someone for the first time and only having the pleasure of speaking with them for a brief bought of time.... but you...? Perhaps I could at least... escort you to the city. If anything.. this might be amusing for me."

She paused a moment to consider...
"Though if what you speak is true, and what power you have is... easily at your disposal... I might be able to make an exception on an alliance. But... I only do that with those I feel I can really trust. So.. earn my trust, and you might earn yourself a woman who can give you a most interesting proposition."

Jounin64

"Thank you so much! I will do all I can to earn that trust!" Calex beams.

"Stop groveling fool we must journey now." Mazarath demands

"R-right! Since we have no idea where we're going lead the way!" Calex/Mazarath follows the woman through the wooded area constantly bickering with each other through the whole way and the woman seemed very amused at it. Calex suddenly stops talking to Mazarath and looks at the woman.

"You know I don't even know your name yet. I don't know how long this journey will be so do you mind telling me about yourself? You already know everything about me." 

visualspice

Valeska paused momentarily to look the man over.
"Look at you," she seemed to purr, a finger tip toeing up his shoulder. "Haven't talked to a lot of women have you, farm boy?" She tilted her head ot the other side as she continued to take him in. "Or... any other people for that matter?"

She grinned enough to bare her teeth.

"But if you want my name, I'll give you that, but my story... the first thing you need to know about women is we like to keep our own little secrets... So perhaps if you're a good boy, I can let you know how I got this scar."
And she lifted a leather gloved hand and grabbed at a wild lock of her hair and pulled it away from her face. She leaned forward, ensuring he could see the milky white eye and the ugly bubbling of scars all around it. The eye, quite obviously, was useless.

"And the name's Valeska, Valeska Horst," she went on, letting her hair fall back over her eye as she turned to continue to lead the way down a narrow alley just on the outskirts of the city limits.

"Oh.. and another thing..." She paused to look at him from over her shoulder.
"You might want to keep that talking to your arm thing to a minimum. It would... draw unwanted attention, and... unwanted conclusions."

Jounin64

"I guess I have a lot to learn about people, everyone in my village were open about everything. As for Mazarath I'll do my best, it just all depends if he wants speak up or not."

As the end of the alleyway appears in the distance two men stand still blocking the exit way.

"Halt!" One of them shouts. Valeska stays back narrowing her eye at the men while Calex stops right behind her."Do you have the fee?" The man continues.

"The fee?" Calex questions.

"Yes the fee to enter the city." The other one states. Calex clenches their fists.

"I thought guards were supposed to have nice armor. I think your trying to trick me...and I don't take to kindly to dishonest folk." Calex's red eye starts glowing as they approach the men.

visualspice

OOC: Just so you know, you can only control your characters, Any actions and reactions of Valeska are meant to be written by me, her creator :)
However, npcs (supporting roles we make up on the spot, like these bad dudes)- are normally shared between those in a thread, unless one wants to take on the temporary role of said npc character.

At that, Valeska laughed.
"You have a lot of learning to do if you came from such a pristine town of virgins."

But their conversation was stopped  as she noticed the two men trying to threaten passage for money. She couldn't help but grin as she pushed passed Calex and walked clean up to the men.

Having assumed neither would have been so bold, the fake 'guards' took a step back, but when the woman was near enough for them to recognize the signature scar on her face, they simply pulled out more weapons.

"Valeska!" one cried. "You are supposed to be dead."

"Yes, well, not everyone can be who they're supposed to be," And as a wicked grin began to draw across her lips, a cold and powerful wind began to surge through the alleyway while massive, dark storm clouds began to climb and grow like a mountain above them. Electricity danced across her skin, and as the men realized she was conjuring her powers...

"KILL HER! KILL THE STORM WITCH!"

But a lightning bolt to the head silenced that man who was screaming as Valeska released it from one pointed finger, and turned to dodge, just in time, a sword aiming for her head by the other 'guard'. Though the man was a lot quicker than she anticipated, and as his blade came back up, it swept a shallow cut across Valeska's side, as she let out a snarl and summoned another thunder bolt, but she missed her target and it blasted into the wall of a nearby stone building instead.

Jounin64

(Oh I'm really sorry the rps I've done we were allowed to do minor control of the other person's character. But I know now I wont happen again :) )

"Don't forget about me!" Calex snarls now sounding harmonious between his and Mazarath's voices. Calex sent a small fire bolt at the man's feet. He was to busy focusing on Valeska to notice the incoming attack and collapsed at the strike.

Before he could get up Calex grabs him by the hair and put Mazarath across his face. The man starts struggling, but Calex tightens their grip "No need to scream no one will care. Now go burn it is what you deserve." Calex channels their flame into the man and in seconds he was only ash.

Calex's red eye stops glowing and they collapse unconscious.

visualspice

OOC: Depending on the player, the most minor control that can happen is like picking someone up if they fall, guiding said character along by their hand- but this is presuming it makes sense to the scene and character and again, if the other member is okay with that stuff :)
I'm normally flexible with the minor stuff (like actions from another character onto mine) but not reactions of my character, if that makes sense lol

As the events unfolded, she couldn't say she wasn't impressed. To turn a man to ash.. just like that? It made a wicked smile curl across her lips. But that was soon turning sour as she cursed and moved over to his unconscious body. Giving his side a light kick, she asked, "Hey! Hot stuff... get the hell off the ground!"

But seeing as he was unconscious, she debated leaving him there or find a place to drag him and dump him. She chose the latter, and moved to drag the man by his arm. He was heavier than he looked, and she was just grateful his power seemed to be turned off when he was asleep. She really didn't feel like being turned to ash today.

She moved him to the closest building around which... ironically, was a whore house.  Kicking open the door, the women all turned their way as she dragged Calex in by his limp arm.

"I need a room and a bed, and one whore."

And when Calex would eventually awaken...
He'd find himself in a strange room with a half dressed woman, and the strange, scarred woman was no where to be seen.

OOC: Hope it's okay to presume she dragged his unconscious form somewhere XD
To me, that's more or less the extent of what one can do to another character, as it doesn't command them, just realistically has the other character force an action upon them due to a story scenario,~
if that makes sense XD